VHA Employee Reviews

Lazy and don't want to work - VHA is the place to be
Medical Records File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 14, 2019
Terrible work environment as policies are applied based on how much you over utilize the union. Workers on a whole were lazy, spent more time finding ways not to work, and being of member of any special group makes you more advancement eligible. Supervisors have no real control as the union will fight any increase in responsibility.
Pros
federal holidays off, you DO get to help veterans (if you do your job)
Cons
lack of advancement, no enforcement of regulations, and lazy co-workers
Slow place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CANovember 25, 2018
Only let’s you work 38 hrs week and commission is terrible. Made more money working for target. Don’t work for them they fire people every month no one sticks around for more then 3 months I wish I would of took another job I was offered
Pros
Cons
Pays sucks
Easy system to learn
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2017
It was a great job my co worker would help me without out a problem plus on a good note we did get free lunch but the breaks or not long enough

But overall i did enjoy my time working here
Wonderful place to work (formerly VHA)
Platform Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 25, 2017
I loved my job, but unfortunately, I was laid off in 2015 due to a merger. The culture was wonderful and the management was fabulous. I don't have anything bad to say about this company.
Pros
Work/Life Balance Understood
Cons
Went through 4 layoffs before they got me
Mission-and client-driven organization. Productive people.
Senior Writer and Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 4, 2017
Despite its somewhat inconvenient Irving location, Vizient is an open and employee-friendly company. People are cooperative and congenial. Good interaction between management and staff.
Pros
Laid-back and congenial environment.
Worked with team members in Medical Adminstration Service
Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVApril 20, 2017
A typical day at work: Registering veterans, determining eligibility for treatment, explaining treatment eligibility to veterans and family members, scheduling appointments and labs.

Management: MAS management pleasant and supportive.

Workplace: Team-work atmosphere in Medical Administration Service.

The hardest part of the job: Formal schedule

The most enjoyable part of the job: Helping veterans and family members.
Pros
Sallary and benefits.
Cons
No interaction with other workers.
Temporary Assignment - Accreditation Department (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 22, 2017
This was a temporary assignment, so no advancement was expected. Office environment was tense and no one seemed to notice that I was there. Learned new data system, so that was interesting.
Pros
Not any
Cons
All the above
Strong culture of collaboration
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 18, 2017
VHA promotes collaboration and feedback among its various departments and levels of authority. Some feedback is taken and applied.

In many cases, VHA tends to do things without looking at all the possible outcomes first. This has led, at times, to some disasterous launches or rollouts of new initiatives.

The upper management is nice, however, sometimes hard to understand or interact with due to a language barrier
Pros
Free lunch, great benefits
Cons
Lack of focus by upper management sometimes creates a ripple effect throughout company
Very fun working with veterans
LDA (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 14, 2016
In the 6 years that I have worked with the VHA I can say that I have never had more fun at my job! I get the opportunity to work with such a diverse population and to also work with all types of medical problems involving each idividual.
Great Job
Revenue Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 27, 2016
Wonderful Company! Unfortunately I was layed off.
They cared about their employees and paid for training. The benefits were good. The people I worked with were fun and motivated.
Great
Retail - Will Call Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2016
The Marine Corp Shaped my future and was able to change my life for the better. Because of the Marine Corp I have been afforded opportunities I never thought I Would have.
Pros
Education, discipline
Cons
Strict rules
Be aware....would not recommend
Sales (Former Employee) –  SouthOctober 22, 2016
High termination rate (Sales especially), If they "think" you were gossiping- you are terminated, ethnocentrism, CULTURE = management mind games, paranoia, very unhealthy environment. Psychological hazing in their Boot Camp. Be aware.
Pros
Autonomy when doing your job, sales compensation
Cons
Job Culture, ethnic-superiority, management
Great supportive work enviroment
Business Consultant Field Account Manager (Current Employee) –  SeallteOctober 19, 2016
A typical is visiting store owners,manager and or sales reps. With the owners we will discuss the state of their business IE: month over month numbers 2nd month replenishment. How they can grow their business or work together to solve any issues they may have.

With the Manager we talk about employees, how to help them increase sales how to train and even set up training events for the store. With the sales team we role paly sales scenarios we talk about how to engage with the customers and work on increasing their individual sales.

My management team is great they are supportive and are always available when needed.

I've learned is how to listen and answer questions and how to get my stores to see outcomes with out giving them the solutions.

The hardest part of the job is leaving the company.
the most enjoyable part if the job is working with the stores and knowing that if I have a question or an issue that I have an outstanding team beside me.
Pros
great support, monthly bonuses
Cons
Na
Educational environment
Intern (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 5, 2016
The company has a relaxed atmosphere and culture. The company ensured that as an employee the workplace was enjoyable. The managers were willing to help you when necessary and so did my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was balancing all that needed to be done in the workday. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work environment and when I needed help everyone was willing to help.
Pros
Free snacks, relaxed atmosphere, and open door policy with senior management.
Great company
Sales (Current Employee) –  LAFebruary 25, 2015
Some companies are not interested in you and some are. VHA is one of those that are, they want you to be the best at what you do and want to be sure you are their for your dealers. I agree with this except for if one does not understand the process 100% by a certain time he or she is not a right fit. I do not agree with that part, they may BE a right fit, it just they may need a bit more time to get to that point. VHA a has a great atmosphere about it and my management team was outstanding. I have learned much since being with VHA.
Pros
Growth potential, great people, great support
Cons
No second chances
Fast paced company eager to grow
Human Resources Admin Assistant (Current Employee) –  Industry, CAOctober 2, 2012
A typical day at work is swamped from the beginning of the day until the end. Management has preference for certain employees, not treated equally. Majority of coworkers are fun, outgoing, helpful and supportive.The hardest part of the job was the micromanagement; constantly under a microscope and being told what to do even during our lunch and breaks. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the employees, the training provided by the company and camaraderie.
Pros
free lunches, training, profitsharing, benefits
Cons
no time for breaks or sometimes lunch