Vi Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Vi Culture
Corporate Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2018
As an employee for the last 2 1/2 years, I have found the organization to be extremely collaborative (both at Corporate and the Community level). The organization focuses on providing quality service and care to our residents and supports learning and development of employees at all levels of the organization. Vi is a unique organization that truly lives its mission and values. Excellent organization!
Pros
Executive Management and Direct Supervisor
Working at VI
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 31, 2018
I find that my job gives me challenges, but we work together as a team to learn from them, put the best process in place, and then overcome them. I love the staff around me, and management really wants to hear my opinion.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
None to share
working at Vi
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 31, 2018
I have been working here for 6 years in Security. I enjoy helping the residents and Keeping everyone safe. Its a great place to work. We get a lot of vacation time. The benefits are great Health Dental Insurance.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
VI have a good Policies and Procedures.
Concierge/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work. I work forteen years therefore VI is to me my second home. Wonderfull Staff. Company has a full respect with
employees and remarkable environment.
Benefits
good people who care
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COJuly 30, 2018
I have worked at several places and this one is very conscience of your needs weather it be a needed break a family issue or a holiday hug these employees will be there for you. I really do know the staff cares and looks forward to your day as they always have a hello and how are you and your family doing attitude. Baring the normal problems and all the typical break in period it is really nice to be a part of them. They offer ALL the benefits one could want from fitness to 401K -
Pros
Food -fun - close to my home
Cons
the layers of managment one needs to filter to understand the process they work toward.
Opportunities are Endless
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
The environment and culture of the company enables great teamwork and completed goals. The organization challenges you to develop new skills and even encourages academic advancement opportunities that includes tuition reimbursement. One of the best recommendation I give to new employees is to always ask questions. This not only helps with quick and meaningful onboarding but it also allows relationships to grow with your team members and even outside of your department. I have changed roles and titles more than twice at Vi and it is all because I build relationships and build trust with everyone that became instrumental to my growth within the organization.
Pros
Great Manager, Amazing work/home balance, Growth Opportunities
Excellent place to work. Very supportive.
MDS Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJuly 30, 2018
Great benefits and very competitive salary. Positive energy and a focus on staff development. I've been here over 5 years and have moved up to a management position. Truly a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, competitive pay, focus on employee growth
I love working here!
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJuly 29, 2018
I have been at Vi at the Glen for 5 years. Its a great community, both staff and residents. The management is very helpful and supportive in my job and I truly enjoy all of the people I work with. The community of residents is a bonus. They really make you feel like family. I enjoy my job and I love working with residents and their families. It is a beautiful working environment and Vi treats their employees very well. The company is very well run and they are great about communicating their goals and objectives with the staff. They provide a lot of training and the benefits are amazing. I feel very luck to be working at the Vi.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, beautiful working environment, great staff
Great team environment
Nutrition Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJuly 28, 2018
Considering the stressors of working in a healthcare environment, the staff are good about helping each other for the good of the residents. Residents and families are mostly very pleased with care, and has a good reputation in the community.
Pros
Good benefits, good teamwork environment, flexibility
Cons
healthcare can be stressful, labor market is tough so short staffed at times.
Great place for growing up in any job position
ADON (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 28, 2018
I have been working for the Vi family for almost 8 years and undoubtedly anyone can succeed in our company as long as that person is able to deliver the best of her/him on a daily basis and combining the Vi core values: compassion, integrity, and excellence. A typical day at work at the Vi is indeed challenging since our residents and family members are used to a very high standard in the quality of attention and care but it will be so rewarding when all of them: residents/family members, coworkers, and the management team recognize and appreciate that continuous effort in several ways.
Pros
A ton of pros, including a great employee lounge with a remarkable lunch service at a very fair price, several recognition prizes, great benefits including health/life insurances, 401K, etc.
Cons
The place is not suitable/designed for negative, lazy, unproductive people( and sorry... but we are not sorry about that fact at all :)
Fast paced, great work environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 26, 2018
Vi at Bentley Village has been a great place to work. The company offers great benefits and a comfortable work environment. I have always felt comfortable asking questions and felt supported when I was new and still learning.
Pros
Comfortable environment
Cons
Getting to know who does what on the campus was a slow process
Supportive Management, great place to work
Lead Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 26, 2018
Great place to work. Management listens to the employees and does their best to accomodate employees needs. I have supportive manager who lets me be creative in order to grow as a cook.
Very Supportive of their employees
Accounting (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2018
Any day, I get support from my manager and the rest of the staff that helps me complete my tasks. They will answer any question I have to make sure I understand the process. And they encourge me to ask questions if I'm not sure how to complete a task. And the managment team makes sure I have a great work/life balalnce. The whole staff will support each other.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
wished I lived closer so my commute was shorter
My experience
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLJuly 25, 2018
I really like the benefits at this job, they have lots of wonderful benefits that i have used and will look forward on using. Enjoy interacting with the residents.
Pros
lots of good benefits
Cons
hot in the laundry room
Best in the Senior Living Industry
VP (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 24, 2018
Vi Living is a truly unique company. With roots in Hyatt Hotels, the commitment to true hospitality is vert strong. The Residents are at the center of how the company operates. But employee focus is very strong too. This company focuses on doing the Right Thing ALL the Time. I am always amazed by the depth of character of the people in this company, a great group!!
Pros
Strong company culture of caring, Total commitment to Residents, Above average compensation and benefits
Cons
Working in Senior Living can be challenging
Concierge
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJuly 24, 2018
- Marvelous place to work!
- Could use higher pay.
- More compliments from managements.
- Needs better management towards employee
- More rewards/recognition
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Poor communication.
Great Company
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Lantana, FLJuly 21, 2018
I recently just started working for Vi, and I really enjoy it! The hours are good, the benefits are Great and everyone is friendly. All around I think Vi is a wonderful place to work!
Pros
Great Benefits, Good hours
Cons
Cant really think of anything.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2018
Wonderful and friendly staff, management is great. I have been with the company for 10 years now and I don't have any plans of leaving but if and when the time comes that I need to move, I will go to where another Vi community is and work there.
Pros
Monthly employee appreciation lunches
Cons
Salary is low
It's like my second home
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Vi at AventuraJuly 19, 2018
I enjoy with the residents, they correct my English, my coworkers are so special, we have a lot of events, we can eat lunch for only $3.50, we can learn another language for free, I think there isn't other place like this to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
I don't think any.
Dedicated and Caring staff
sever (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 19, 2018
I worked in Vi since may 2018, honestly, I felt special since the interview. I was amazed by the way they treat each other and I knew it was the right place for me to work when they told me that Smiling is part of the uniform, our mentor, and Lead servers have shown sincere interest by lending support and guidance to us employees continously which improve our teamwork. it's definitely the best workplace ever.
Pros
amazing benefits for college students