Vi Employee Reviews

Not a better Care Facility Assisted or otherwise
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2018
Vi sets the bar when it comes to Care Facilities. Its second to none. Great employees and great residents. I have never worked at a facility where I look foward to coming to work every single day.
Pros
Great residents.
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to make everyone smile
GREAT place to work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COMarch 2, 2018
I have worked for Vi for 8 years. I've been promoted twice. I really enjoy the residents and my coworkers, we are like a family. Creativity is greatly encouraged. The benefits are wonderful. I would highly recommend Vi as a place to work.
Pros
Benefits, free lunch, fair PTO
Vi at Silverstone is a great place to work!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2018
The residents are wonderful to work for and they treat us kindly. Our management team is excellent. They provide us with a lot of learning opportunities and fun activities to help make the atmosphere light. We have parties and luncheons throughout the year. We get competitive pay and benefits. We have a great scholarship program and our family is even eligible. Our building is gorgeous and beautiful. It is a pleasure to come here to work each day. I'm happy to be a part of this great team!
Pros
Dental, Vision, competitive pay, 401k, health benefits, paid time off, leadership development, training, eCampus
Cons
Great place to work, everyone treats everyone like family.
Kitchen Crew (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 2, 2018
Since my first day, everyone made me feel welcomed. Everyone makes the work environment an enjoyable place to be. The managers treat their employees equally and with respect.
Productive and great workplace.
Server (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 28, 2018
Everyone is like family there. There is a lot of socializing and mostly everyone there is an extrovert. It will be a little difficult for people there who are introverts but it’s not a big problem.
Pros
Free food, flexible schedule
Cons
No breaks
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92122February 26, 2018
The job is so easy for me beacause i love whta im doing,but the problem is the employee is not doing the job discription at all times and the management dosent do anything im tired reporthing them,so for me its better to leave than to stay.
Opportunities Abound!
Medical Records Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 26, 2018
Beautiful facility, great pay, benefits, perks, educational reimbursement, plus great staff and residents! Collaborative and supportive work culture.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Difficult parking (though that is being resolved )
Great Place to work.
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 24, 2018
Very rewarding , residents treat us wonderfull, great team of coworkers. Clean enviorment very nice place of employment.
Many of us employees travel from all over the valley. It is worth the travel time to be able to work for a place like this.
Pros
Employee Appreciation Lunches, Annualy Bonus From our Residents
Good company to work for.
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 12, 2018
I have worked here over a year and really enjoy the company atmosphere. Management is easy to communicate with and always willing to help if need be.
I really love it here!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 12, 2018
Firstly, all my co-workers are wonderful. Everyone works as a team and really get along well. The benefits are fantastic, especially if you are planning to work on a degree. There are also additional options you can have for things like pet insurance and legal assistance. Management is pretty hands-off, no micromanaging here. Opportunity for advancement is plentiful as well with the management development program.
Pros
Free lunch during day shift, bonus at end of the year, resident to CNA/nurse ratio, base pay
Cons
Night differential
Vi is a good place to work
CNA (Current Employee) –  Highlands RanchFebruary 10, 2018
Vi is a company that cares about their employees. Their benefits are amazing and their PTO ratio is great.
Management does their best to address concerns that are presented to them.
Working in a retirement community is very rewarding.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good PTO, Good Benifits
Cons
Some poor communication
Excellent place to work!
Lead Valet (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, COFebruary 8, 2018
I’ve been with the company now for three years and have grown as a person working for the Vi I’m so great full to my manager and the company for all they do for me and the added bonus of building relationships with our residents puts the icing on the cake! Definitely recommend working here!
Pros
PTO benefits and delisious lunches!
Plan to work here for the rest of my career
RN (Current Employee) –  Glenview, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Focus on training and classes for employees, great benefits, great managers and nice residents. I love coming to work each day. I appreciate the recognition our managers give to me.
Pros
Training, insurance, great 401k, manager
Cons
I can't imagine working anywhere else!
Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 8, 2018
I actually enjoy getting up each day to come to work. My role is very fulfilling. The people I work with are friendly, respectful, collaborative and helpful. My manager is extremely supportive. People are recognized and rewarded for their hard work. No place is ever perfect, but this is as good as it gets. There are many employees that have been here over 10+ years and I hope to be one of them someday.
Pros
Endless training/development opportunities, great benefits, inviting work atmosphere and gorgeous locations. Meaningful work!!
Cons
Wish it was closer to where I lived, but aside from that I have no complaints.
Great work life balance; fair compensation; positive work environment
Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2017
A typical day is not typical.
I learned how to work within a well run company.
Management is proactive and not reactive.
Culture is work life balance is valued; treat employees fairly.
Hardest part of the job is moving projects forward when multiple departments are involved.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with smart and nice people.
Awesome place to work
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLNovember 9, 2017
Everyone is friendly. Excellent customer service. Resident love living here. Opportunity for advancements. Free CEUS. 401K for part-time employees. They hire the best of the best.
Pros
401K for part-time employees
Cons
No Cons.
Living the dream!
Director of Accounting (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 27, 2017
A typical day at work doesn't feel like work at all. I am part of an amazing team. We all genuinely like each other. Like friends and family. The hardest part about the job, and working in the senior living industry in general, is watching your residents decline physically and mentally.
Pros
All-staff lunch once a month, the company invests a lot in training, benefits and pay are great.
Cons
We aren't the biggest, but we're the best.
Really good company
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Scottdale, AZApril 14, 2017
Vi at Silverstone was one of the best company i've ever worked for. They have good management team. I felt like family there. Everyone were friendly I especially love their benefit package.
Pros
Good management, friendly staff, good benefit
Cons
need more parking space for employee
Good company
Cook (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 13, 2017
The culture is great and the leadership / management takes the time and interest in you as a person. Makes a difference that people are seen as people, not as a means to an end
Pros
benefits, hours, pay
Cons
become attached to people who live there
Excellent Culture and Environment
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 13, 2017
Rarely does a company's actions match its mission, but it's true at Vi. The culture is about the people, and it shows. Yes, it is a for profit company, but that is not the sole purpose of the company. The management wants to invest in the employees, knowing that good people will produce good results. It is not like the other "big" senior living companies in the sense that the bottom line is the only thing that matters.
Pros
GREAT benefits, service oriented
Cons
its a 24 hour a day business so the shifts can be odd... like any healthcare job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vi. Our community is ready to answer.