Via Christi Health System Employee Reviews

RN Navigator 37th and Rock
RN Navigator (Former Employee) –  37th and Rock, Thorn BuildingNovember 12, 2018
Management is the worst part of this Job. Clique groups and high school behavior. Favorites and back stabbing. Many people left when new supervisor started. Management is easily manipulated by their "favorite" staff. This behavior with "so called" professionals. Turnover, turnover and more turnover. Job is not secure as Management continues to scramble trying to make this position relevant. Goals constantly change and they are very difficult to reach. Felt like a telemarketer, not a nurse. Don't do it to yourself!
Pros
The working environment ruined everything.
Cons
See below. You will hate the work environment.
Stressful and agonizing
RMA (Former Employee) –  Wichita, ksNovember 9, 2018
Management is awful. Employees are disposable. Your voice is not heard. Employees are overworked and underpaid. They expect you to do more with less. They don't listen to your concerns they don't care about your concerns. You are and will be completely and utterly disposable to them.
Team work
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 8, 2018
The team work was stellar. The staff were very welcoming. The manager was a previous staff member so she was very intuitive to her staffs needs. The staff were happy at their place of work daily.
Productive place to work
Phlebotomist 3 (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 22, 2018
I thought things ran a little bit better when the nuns were more involved. Asscenion took a lot of benefits away and started out sourcing jobs such as laboratory, housekeeping and food services.
great learning envirnment
Radiologic Technologist - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 20, 2018
great leaning environment
fast paced
friendly
clean
good equipment
wide range of leaning

Seemed hard transitioning between shifts at time, or little to no communication between shift change
Pros
fun
Cons
lack of communication at times
Fast Pace Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSOctober 16, 2018
Filing, Calls, Assisting Patience and Physicians.
Learned many medical terms.
The hardest part of the job was controversy in the work place. I enjoyed interacting with the physicians and learning more about the medical field
Pros
Medical Education
Cons
Controversy
Loved it.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 9, 2018
I loved working at Via christi villages, but I hurt my back and had to quit, as well as finding a monday-friday job. People and staff are friendly and residents are amazing!
Enjoyed working with Staff and the Public.
Security Officer/ Transportation (Former Employee) –  1700 SW 7th St, Topeka Ks. 66603October 8, 2018
During my tenure with St. Francis Hospital I enjoyed working with Staff and the Public. A typical day involved providing security and a safe environment for all who worked or visited the hospital. The staff was correlative and helpful to the patients and general public. The hardest part was not having enough staff in my department to take time off of work.
Pros
Excellent staff to work with.
Cons
Not enough staff for time off
Workplace culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2018
People work together as team. They help each other develop and grow. I have learned alot but have no career path to continue to grow and learn new skills. I enjoy my co-workers and generally the work.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
No clear career paths for non-clinical employees
Healing but failing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Catholic CareOctober 6, 2018
Via CHristi as a whole is desirable employment . But LTC setting associated with Via CHristi are not ran effectively to assist in the growth of Via Christi
Pros
The name
Cons
Too big
Nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 3, 2018
I worked in Immediate Care for 19 yrs ,when it was Wichita Clinic then taken over by Via Christi. We were very busy and i worked with some great Doctors,and staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
They changed EMR, s to many times.
productive, fast paced, fun
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 2, 2018
a typical day consisted of busy work beside a good coworker on a normal day. I learned a lot about cardio work and team work. the hardest part was how fast the work could be or how sometimes you don't have as much help as needed when you are needed several places at once and there is only one of you. I enjoyed working with the patients and getting to know them and understanding them. I loved being the comfort they needed when no family members would come see a patiend.
Pros
good teamwork, great manager
Cons
some times we didnt get lunch, short staffed, angry patients
fasinating
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 25, 2018
I was a nurse assistant that "floated" on many floors and came acquainted with many specialties. It was interesting work from the ER to orthopedics to renal dialysis and oncology.
Pros
constantly learning new things
Did 180 hours intership in various clinics
RMA Externship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSSeptember 23, 2018
I never actually worked for Via Christi. The people I interned with were helpful, knowledgeable, and seemed to genuinely care about helping me learn. Seems like a great place to work.
Pros
Was able to experience multiple clinics during externship
Cons
No job prospects after completion.
amazing place
Dietetic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 22, 2018
Taking care of patients and being part of a team is one of the many things I love about Via Christi. The teamwork is amazing. Patient care is also amazing.
Pros
Wonderful workplace
Cons
difficult schedule
A Great Place To Start
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bel Aire, KSSeptember 20, 2018
This was a great environment for me to spread my wings as a CNA. The residents were wonderful - some of them even became a second family to me. It was a great learning experience.
Pros
Warm and friendly residents, Free Turkeys for Thanksgiving
Cons
Low pay rate
n/A
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 17, 2018
Learned a lot, well organized regarding of how the clinic work flow. I've most enjoyed working there. But it's just hard working with others or peers that are not helping or doing what they're supposed too. Anyways that's everywhere.
Example of modern corporate take over
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 16, 2018
Via Christi was once THE place to work, until Ascension took over. After that, paid time off was reduced, withholdings for health benefits increased while the benefits decreased. Veteran nurses were given little if any raises, while new grads were increased dramatically.
Pros
good work culture
Cons
modern corporation
Poor managemet
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 16, 2018
Poor management, understaffed. Via christi runs on very low staff, there is not enough employees to properly take care of the patients. Management is terrible and treats employees terrible.
Pros
Free lunches
Great opportunities
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE CNO (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 14, 2018
While living in Wichita I had great work opportunities for education and advancement, if I hadn't of had to relocate I would have stayed and probably retired with them there.
Pros
Very progressive thinking in healthcare
Cons
Very progressive thinking in healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Via Christi Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight