Via Christi Health System Employee Reviews

Productive workplace for going college students.
IT Support-Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 16, 2019
Little room for career advancement, poor staffing, poor nurse to patient ratio when i worked there about 10 years ago. I was on the technical staff management side of the dept but we had few issues of our own.

Great atmosphere, great insurance, competitive pay for this small town and its suburb ed areas
Pros
Good management
Cons
Friendly Staff
Productive workplace
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 11, 2019
Wonderful opportunity where I was able to engage and grow professionally while still being in school and gaining greater knowledge. I worked on a med-surg unit.
Ok Job
Patient Care Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 6, 2019
Ok to start. The nurses either are overloaded or sit & refuse to help when you need it. My first raise was 10 cents. Yeah....Patient work load was too much for a couple of people. Techs went through a lot and many of the nurses don't want to help because they feel it is beneath them. You love most of the patients, (except when you get the one who weighs 350 lbs and you got to move them by yourself) but hate the politics and the pay. Do it for the patients, not the money.
Pros
Meeting interesting patients, food is pretty good, good shifts
Cons
Hard backbreaking work, no time to rest, lack of help a lot of the time, patient work load to heavy
Medication aide
Certified Medication Aide (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 23, 2018
I had the best residents while working at Georgetown, my nursing department just lacked skilled management. If the management was better, then I would have stayed their for longer.
Pros
Great Residents
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent Values
Patient Access Manager (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 5, 2018
They held true to their mission. They are always looking after the patient and perform a good balance between that and keeping costs down. Denial management was the biggest issue, but they resolved that when they outsourced the Revenue Cycle piece to R1RCM
my review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 23, 2018
You typically knew the day before what your day would look like tomorrow. Based on the schedule. It was a fun place to work with mostly fun people i learned a lot how to refill medications, give vaccines and shots a alot about medical issues.
Good team work. Fantastic manager
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 21, 2018
A great place to start a career. I learned a lot in my 5 years here. Good staff and good doctors. Dining room is very good and reasonably priced. I have few complaints.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Low work.
RN Navigator 37th and Rock
RN Navigator (Former Employee) –  37th and Rock, Thorn BuildingNovember 12, 2018
Management is the worst part of this Job. Clique groups and high school behavior. Favorites and back stabbing. Many people left when new supervisor started. Management is easily manipulated by their "favorite" staff. This behavior with "so called" professionals. Turnover, turnover and more turnover. Job is not secure as Management continues to scramble trying to make this position relevant. Goals constantly change and they are very difficult to reach. Felt like a telemarketer, not a nurse. Don't do it to yourself!
Pros
The working environment ruined everything.
Cons
See below. You will hate the work environment.
Stressful and agonizing
RMA (Former Employee) –  Wichita, ksNovember 9, 2018
Management is awful. Employees are disposable. Your voice is not heard. Employees are overworked and underpaid. They expect you to do more with less. They don't listen to your concerns they don't care about your concerns. You are and will be completely and utterly disposable to them.
Team work
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 8, 2018
The team work was stellar. The staff were very welcoming. The manager was a previous staff member so she was very intuitive to her staffs needs. The staff were happy at their place of work daily.
Productive place to work
Phlebotomist 3 (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 22, 2018
I thought things ran a little bit better when the nuns were more involved. Asscenion took a lot of benefits away and started out sourcing jobs such as laboratory, housekeeping and food services.
great learning envirnment
Radiologic Technologist - Part Time (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 20, 2018
great leaning environment
fast paced
friendly
clean
good equipment
wide range of leaning

Seemed hard transitioning between shifts at time, or little to no communication between shift change
Pros
fun
Cons
lack of communication at times
Fast Pace Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Iola, KSOctober 16, 2018
Filing, Calls, Assisting Patience and Physicians.
Learned many medical terms.
The hardest part of the job was controversy in the work place. I enjoyed interacting with the physicians and learning more about the medical field
Pros
Medical Education
Cons
Controversy
Loved it.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 9, 2018
I loved working at Via christi villages, but I hurt my back and had to quit, as well as finding a monday-friday job. People and staff are friendly and residents are amazing!
Enjoyed working with Staff and the Public.
Security Officer/ Transportation (Former Employee) –  1700 SW 7th St, Topeka Ks. 66603October 8, 2018
During my tenure with St. Francis Hospital I enjoyed working with Staff and the Public. A typical day involved providing security and a safe environment for all who worked or visited the hospital. The staff was correlative and helpful to the patients and general public. The hardest part was not having enough staff in my department to take time off of work.
Pros
Excellent staff to work with.
Cons
Not enough staff for time off
Workplace culture
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 8, 2018
People work together as team. They help each other develop and grow. I have learned alot but have no career path to continue to grow and learn new skills. I enjoy my co-workers and generally the work.
Pros
Good place to learn
Cons
No clear career paths for non-clinical employees
Healing but failing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Catholic CareOctober 6, 2018
Via CHristi as a whole is desirable employment . But LTC setting associated with Via CHristi are not ran effectively to assist in the growth of Via Christi
Pros
The name
Cons
Too big
Nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 3, 2018
I worked in Immediate Care for 19 yrs ,when it was Wichita Clinic then taken over by Via Christi. We were very busy and i worked with some great Doctors,and staff.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
They changed EMR, s to many times.
productive, fast paced, fun
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 2, 2018
a typical day consisted of busy work beside a good coworker on a normal day. I learned a lot about cardio work and team work. the hardest part was how fast the work could be or how sometimes you don't have as much help as needed when you are needed several places at once and there is only one of you. I enjoyed working with the patients and getting to know them and understanding them. I loved being the comfort they needed when no family members would come see a patiend.
Pros
good teamwork, great manager
Cons
some times we didnt get lunch, short staffed, angry patients
fasinating
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 25, 2018
I was a nurse assistant that "floated" on many floors and came acquainted with many specialties. It was interesting work from the ER to orthopedics to renal dialysis and oncology.
Pros
constantly learning new things
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Via Christi Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight