Via Transportation

Via Transportation Employee Reviews for Driver

Driver26 reviews
United States26 reviews

hourpayteamcompanypeopletimebenefitday

Meet some nice drivers and passengers

Many drivers are very helpful. Some passengers can be very courteous and respectful and appreciate the service. Via should only provide service to the elderly, people going to work , running errands , Doctors appointments. Via should no longer provide service for the students for any school, especially River City High School, most of the students are rude, disrespectful and leave trash and drinks in the car , to which the drivers find in the vehicles after every shift.

Pros

You pick your own hours and days, you use the company vehicle and a gas card is provided

Cons

Vehicles are not being handled with care by new drivers that come aboard

Flexibility

Driving is ok, because you use their vehicles which they are fully responsible for. The vehicles are comfortable. Support is horrible because it is remote.

Pros

Company vehicles

Cons

rental fees are high

Via Transportation insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Is awesome only for start

The company DOES NOT provide ENOUGH driving time for all the drivers, there are no benefits at all and the pay rate is pretty low for South Florida market. You will be extremely lucky IF you can catch a shift for the next week. The shifts are only available for a maximum of two minutes on the app, making it impossible to choose the needed time for driving. The process of choosing shifts is EXTREMELY STRESSFUL and there is no sign that anything will ever change about it as the management don't care at all... Your complaints will be in vain and there is nobody who will do anything about it. If you are on shift picking up passengers at the moment when the shifts are released you will totally lose the chance of choosing shifts for the next week. Managers are nowhere to be found and there is no way you can get in contact with them. The only support you can get, if you get it is tru support and that's pretty slow too most of the times. Overall I call it a very shady company who does not care about the drivers needs at all when it comes about schedule. I wouldn't advise nobody to relay on it as a source of constant income.

Good job for short term employment

Not good for relying on every month to meet your rent and bills. It's shift work as an independent contractor. As such you have no employee protections. Some weeks you may only be able to pick up one or two shifts.

Flexible schedule, better then minimum pay. No benefits, contract work.

All jobs have pro/consThis would be a great part time job. Work when you want to & when you don't without being penalized, unless no call/no show for your shift you picked to work.

Decent job, shady company and business practices

The eployees at Via are great, friendly and helpful. The issue is Via has no physical office to go to when you have concerns or questions about the job-you have to call customer support which is very frustrating when they talk in circles and barely help. The hiring process takes a while, they hire more drivers than they have vehicles, which leaves alot of drivers out of luck and work for the day and getting sent home alot with a convenience pay (only enough money for gas). This causes the work environment to be very stressful. My main correspondence is with Via customer support agents and its not a guarantee you will get to work everyday you are scheduled. The pay WAS okay until they changed the promotions ability to earn more. Although I try to do my job as effectively and honest as possible, this company will try you and your patience. With the unorganized management team and lack of keeping reliable, dependable drivers, its not worth the time or effort.

It is basically pick people up, drop them off.

I work approx 55 hours a week. The only thing keeping me doing this job is the money. I try to make the best of it, but truly believe the company is ripping us off through small mistakes on our checks.

No timely support to no support at all from Via personnel

Ok, so I was driving for Arlington, TX & from the time I started back in March 2021 of this year up until June 2021 they had plenty of hours and driving slots to choose from. At the end of June, driving slots were very limited & there were little to none to choose from. So management from Via sent out a text about the 3rd week in August, asking "if anyone wanted to drive in a different city" which was Denton/Lewisville, TX because they have more driving slots available. I figured that would be my best option although those cities were a lot further in commute for me (like 40-50 minutes). So go thru the orientation, then they transferred my info over to drive in Denton/Lewisville & nothing happens for like a month. I'm literally emailing back & forth all month in September of whats going on. Everytime I spoke with someone in Support, they would give me different reasons. One told me to resubmit my drivers license, did that, nothing. Another told me resubmit my insurance info, did that, nothing. So finally, I got information that I had to take another drug test (so basically do everything all over again). Did that, gave the results time to get in, emailed about 3 times then finally they got me back active on the platform. So get to working out there in far Denton for 2days & now my account is back to being not active & I don't even know why. They didn't tell me nothing just locked my account out. Now I'm back to emailing them & I'm getting no response. They need to get it together, I need to know if I need to find another job, because at this point I am so frustrated!!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

No-one in upper management to really talk to when needed

Poor management

Negative star poor management don't care about the drivers only making money they don't make sure the drivers safe from the lying riders who wants a free ride. Riders lie about a bad ride to get their ride free and the driver just screwed by via

The best

It’s really great and very good customer service and they treated their clients with respect and go to quality also they treated their own blowy later on family they work together as a team I really like them a lot

Great environment

My experience with via is tremendous. Easy work environment. Technical support are ready to assist through any difficult times. The work app is easy friendly.

U won't make money!

Riders are very considerate, polite and very positive towards the overall Via experience and accepting of shortcomings in the app regarding pick up and drop off flaws and inconsistency. Support/Operations is very inexperienced and provides little if any support to drivers (everything is scripted and there is no follow through be it through the app or even going to the local live location...useless). Ride allocation is based on favoring hourly paid drivers versus paid by ride drivers and hourly drivers are prioritized for company earnings/profits. Ride Rates are extremely low so your earnings per ride are much less than the competition. Even if you opt for the hourly guarantee you will not come close to what the competitors pay.

Worst ride share company to work for.

They manipulate the system so they can make the most money and not the driver. The only time they keep you very busy is when you’re on blue shift mode getting payed by the hour and constantly lowering the hourly pay and people that are working on flex pay they forget all about them like if they don’t even count or give you rides and on the way to pick up the rider they remove or take it away to give it to a blue shift driver. awawayaway.froyyou

Job is more suitable for teens or college students.

There is always an outage with the system. I would be happy if that was fixed. Just taking a customer to their destination and the entire app crashes. Also sometimes your pay gets screwed up. All they do is apologize. Well apologies don’t pay Con Edison or put gas in the car so you can work. As a TLC driver in NYC we have it hard and barely make ends meet. You would think Via understands this and try to make our lives easier but they just add to the stress and could careless.

i really enjoyed working at Via, only reason i resigned is because i moved and is quite far from where i live now

pretty much you work the hours you can drive and the days you can , and you can let them know in advance that you can't make it ....really enjoyed it.

Work hours are inconsistent and sometimes I wind up wasting fuel and time

Inconsistent work hours, low or no support to achieve any personal goals, which was very surprising to me, they also do not follow up on any issues that I have let them know about

scam

Don't even think about been their slave Exept if u have to, misleading no guaranteed HR like they say They will kick u out the bleu mode when they send u far , u will go back free 30 min ride that could be 30 miles away ,for 10 bucks

Great company

I’ve enjoyed a great experience at Via . I recommend Via to the public to supply your transportation needs in the local DMV area. It’s a great company .

Easy Work for good money

You just drive around all day and they work around your schedule. They pay is great too if you drive your own vehicle. The only downside is their headquarters is out of state so they don’t really understand the streets of Arlington very well.

Great place to work, you're kept busy. Majority of the clients are great The only negative is the city closing so many streets on the weekends and there are entirely too many other types of transportation om the streets, ie: bicycles, skateboards, pedi cabs ect....Makes it harder to get around the city in a timely manner.

Star shuttle

It’s a good job if you like working with people with intellectual disabilities but if you can I handle people intellectual disabilities you should now work for this company because you have days where you could have somebody there have autism and they could just be having a rough day and you can get here pull her all hail breakers but if you can deal with that you should not work for this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Via Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Via Transportation with

Career recommendations for Driver

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more
  • Via Transportation