Viacom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
12 years for nothing
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 17, 2018
12 years, laid off due to poor company management. no loyalty to the working staff. anyone that is promoted is a friend or a friend of a friend. the regular staff at Viacom is perfectly fine, great people.
Eh.
SENIOR MARKETING & PARTNER SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Viacom is a great place for someone just starting out in their career to gain some experience in their preferred field, but in order to move up you, need to leave the company, gain outside experience, and then come back.
Glad to Work in a great place
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Great company and a fun place to be. Lots of items to do; lots of connections; many events and openings. Great office, fantastic people, and enjoyable areas.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
True
Productive and fun workplace
Product Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with great opportunities to learn and grow. Free Breakfast sometimes and a great workculture where one gets to put their ideas forward.
Excellent
Senior Vice President Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
I highly recommend Viacom as a first choice place to work. I began my career as a Coordinator and after a great deal of hard work and an amazing boss I was promoted to Senior Vice President
Fun Place to Work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2018
Viacom is a fun place to work because of the perks you wouldn't get at a normal 9-5 job. This internship gave the ability to look into other jobs other than the one you signed up for.
Inclusive work environment
Vice President, Content Distribution (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Viacom was a creative, fun and inclusive work place. During my time at Viacom I was able to use my skills to help produce thousands of pieces of original content alongside some of the most talented staff anyone could hope to work with.
Pros
Friendly, creative work environment
love itttt
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Im working freelance now and love everything about it ! highers up are helpful and its a great place to be. Advancing to full time is hard but I am optimistic.
Great Company
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work at, maintains work life balance. Has a gym and a cafeteria on site. Flexible summer hours. Starts with 5 weeks PTO and has tuition reimbursement.
Hardworking coworkers and long hours
Music & Talent Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
As a past intern, I had many responsibilities. My co-workers were passionate about their jobs and made me excited to learn more about the company. I had a lot of exposure to different departments.

Want to know more about Viacom?

Ask a question
Good Temp job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2018
This was a great job for a temporary employee. My co workers were friendly and I was able to learn quite a bit about accounting. I was also able to utilize my customer service skills.
Experience
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Fast-paced energetic atmosphere. However, if not careful on can be swallowed whole. It is an environment where if you are paying attention you can sharpen all of you production skills.
Great Starter Job
Development and Programming Coordinator - MTV2 (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2018
Working at Viacom is a great entry level job, for those who want to cut their teeth in the entertainment industry. It's a great job at a starter level, because you're more concerned with getting in aside and not the lack of benefits, vacation time, pay, or advancement. You do need to leave the company to get a higher title and pay.
Pros
Fun work environment, diverse, can work on a lot of different things
Cons
no benefits, perm - freelance, no staff positions
surrounded by lots of good people
Senior Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
My offices were a fun environment surrounded by very open spaces and lots of cool people to work with. Times Square office is very easy to commute to.
Pros
Commute, Media Culture
Cons
Advancement, Job Security
One of my favorite internships
VH1 Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2018
Walking into Viacom gives you a "I made it sense". It's very colorful, high energy and working in development, everyone really is competitive and are trying to break the next big tv show. I loved being there!
Pros
collaborative, high energy
Cons
can be clique"ish"
Productive fun environment.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
Nickelodeon truly makes the world a more playful place globally and in the work place. Everyday is a beneficial learning experience with handling daily tasks and conflicts at a fast speed.

Viacom offered me leadership and career development opportunities through Employee Resource Organizations and professional programs.
Work Culture
Production Assistant, Nick Jr. Digital (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 10, 2018
I enjoyed the monthly networking events and culture at Viacom. It made up for the stressful workload at times. Also the youthful environment and meeting people with similar interests.
OK Depending on your department
Content & Program Enterprises/Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 7, 2018
As of now, it's not a stable company to work for. A lot of people who are an asset to this company are being let go, their workload gets dumped on other departments causing stress
Pros
Cool events, free food
Cons
Not stable
Fast Paced But Rewarding
Intern - IT and IS Department (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10036June 6, 2018
Granted I was only an intern at this office but the job is really self taught (for the most part). I worked with their IS and IT departments operating multiple floors within their 52 floor building complex. When I say self-taught I mean they will work with you to understand how the work flow is but if you are fully capable of taking on task on your own they will treat you as if you are working fulltime there. I got to the point in my internship where I wasn't under any major supervision but I could handle pretty much any task on my own with minimal supervision. Pretty much if you're good at what you do, they will take notice and let you take on task on your own as they become available. I love this. Great place to work.
Pros
Lots of free time if work is done, great management, friendly work enviornment, room for growth
Cons
No time off if you're an intern unless for medical/family reasons. Low pay for interns in IT.
Great company to work at for early career or creative talent
Sr. Director, Organizational Effectiveness (OE) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2018
Good working environment, but individual leadership and politics make a big difference in the work-life experiences. Very committed people that work hard and play hard. Creativity and self-expression are plentiful and appreciated.
Pros
Mostly Good People, Creative and Fun Place, Inclusive
Cons
Inefficient, corporate politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viacom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight