Viacom Employee Reviews

Im a cast member treated like family
Cast Member (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 13, 2018
I would recommend, if the opportunity presents itself , that you work for Viacom . They not only care about you but they go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and taken care of .
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Pay schedule is not regular
good culture, better business
Monitoring and Helpdesk Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 31, 2018
Viacom should have been a great place to work. It did have a great and relaxed culture, busy-pace, and fun events. However, it wasn't enough to overshadow how their operational strategies negatively affected their employees.
Grateful for the opportunity
CREATIVE DIRECTOR, TV Land (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 31, 2018
Worked alongside some great talents who taught so much and were a delight to work with. Then and now. A creative-driven culture, especially in my hay day.
Horrible working experience. Worst I have ever head in my life.
Software Developer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
Horrible working experience. Worst I have ever head in my life. Worst manager I have ever had that is absolutely out of control and verbally emotionally abusive to the subordinates.
Avoid!
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNOctober 24, 2018
Terrible management. Only advance the people they attend church with. Constant layoffs and lies from managers. Long stressful hours...no wonder they are closing this office, but it won't improve when they move into the CMT building downtown
Good place to work with good potential and excellent co-workers
Asset Management / Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
This company gave me the opportunity, through out the years, to grow in knowledge and develop my skills, they also provided the necessary training needed to accomplish my tasks. It is a fun and ever changing environment with lots of challenges which makes working there a very unique and special experience.
Pros
Good place to work and to grow
Cons
No cons
great
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
loved working at viacom. great place to learn and grow. good perks. beautiful office. nice people and mentors to help grow. always an exciting time around the office
stressful but secure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 10, 2018
It was a lot of work, but I had a secure job and supportive team behind me. Not a lot of growth in the Midwest office.All planning roles are on the coasts.
N/a
Pricing & Inventory Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2018
Viacom is a great company for a starting point and to grow within the industry. Better opportunities to learn bigger picture after you gain experience there.
Amazing place to work. Awesome work life balance with good management. However, Viacom is going through a personnell transition.
Buyer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2018
A typical work day is busy but relaxed and Viacom has a environment that's all inclusive and team oriented. I learned so much more about purchasing and tax laws working at Viacom. I also learned better time management skills. The hardest part of the job is learning the system and which states are tax exempt for procurement purchases. The most enjoyable part of the job is that it is everchanging and I am still learning something new everyday.
Pros
Great atmosphere, work-life balance, pay.
Cons
Takes a long time to get hired on as a contract worker.
fun workplace
IT System Administrator, Analyst (Current Employee) –  LondonOctober 2, 2018
Happy employees are healthier
Having fun improves communication and collaboration
Having fun makes employees more productive
aving fun encourages advocacy.
Corporate Communications Intern
Corporate Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Really great internship experience. People within the team were willing to help you become your best self. A typical day at work included looking over newspapers for any recent coverage on our programming. I learned how to be a very strategical writer. The hardest part about the job was keeping up with press we were receiving. The most enjoyable part was conversing with everyone on the team on a daily basis.
Fun and challenging place to work
Vice President & Assistant Controller (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 25, 2018
Viacom provided an environment where you could learn and excel.
The people were dedicated to their jobs and genuinely liked working for the company.
The work/life balance could be challenging at times given the demands of the job however there were non-financial perks available to compensate such as tickets to awards shows, department outings, etc.
Pros
Good pay and perks
Cons
Work/life Balance
Best life experience I ever had working for VIACOM
Cast Member (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2018
I worked on a show for three months on set for a Viacom company and met some really amazing people. Swag and sponsorships were amazing. PR and after gigs were just a good.

Support from Viacom was above and beyond and I wouldn't trade this time for anything. Thanks and hope our paths cross again soon.
Pros
Free meals, housing, security, clothing, phones, other gigs, interviews
Great work life balance
Manager, General Accounting (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Culture/environment conducive to productivity. Intelligent group of employees with integrity. Company with great benefits and opportunities to grow within the organization.
Senior Operations Coordinator
Senior Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 30, 2018
Day to day was managing and dealing with digital deliveries to LATAM clients, at the same time dealing with customer support to our clients. The hardest part of the job was meeting deadlines, and finishing last minute deliveries. The enjoyable part of my day to day were the people I worked with, they made the job appealing and pleasant to work with while having a relaxed working environment while maintaining deadlines. What I learned is that everything you do is being part of a team, you need to manage expectations and sometimes take action when iy is not presented to you.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work environment, people, location
Cons
Management, direction, lack of advancement
Great environment to work in
Install, Move Add, Change (IMAC) Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2018
Viacom was fast paced and had a great culture to be a part of.

Management was willing to be hands off as long as you were able to perform your job and excelled at it.
My dream company :)
Executive Assistant to the SVP, Talent Acquisition (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
Ever since I was a child, I wondered what it would be like to work for the company behind some of my favorite shows and films from my childhood and well into adulthood. I was so honored to be offered my position. The culture is absolutely fantastic! There's always something fun going on in terms of events, training sessions, mixers, etc. Also, I was fortunate enough to work with the fantastic talent acquisition team. The TA team is more of a family. It was a pleasure working with them and being able to connect with hundreds of people throughout the organization across all of our brands,
Pros
Fun atmosphere, GREAT benefits, awesome people to work with, tons of events and movie screenings, etc.
Cons
I'd say the only con I have is currently all the layoffs Viacom is currently experiencing.
Great place to work due to culture.
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2018
A typical day working at Viacom will strongly depend on your department. However, as a former Logistic Specialist our days would consist of placing commercials on a specific network on a particular day. I've learned how the sales team and logistics team work hand and hand to complete the process of airing commercials. The culture at Viacom is employee friendly. The hardest part of the job is staying late due to busy times during the year. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people you become close to.
Productive employment
Associate, Master Data Governance (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 9, 2018
I really enjoyed working at Viacom Global. All of my managers were great and worked very hard. They were very knowledgeable and willing to teach/explain the business to their employees. I will miss working in this type of non-competitive employment.
Pros
Pto, Holidays Off
Cons
Laid off due to global restructuring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viacom. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight