Viacom
79Above average

Viacom Employee Reviews

United States605 reviews
leadership needs change
I worked for someone that had no passion for the business. Led by someone without the desire of growth. That person sat in a position for years and became lethargic.
Nice Working Environment
Viacom is a great place to work. Viacom Media Networks is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences.
Very stressful environment
Was not at all happy to work there, Very stressful environment. Not expected the feedback I got after so much effort put in, plus was not happy with the way things were handled
pretty good place to work
Enjoyed my time a ViacomCBS. Everyone was really nice and willing to work with you and teach you new skills and tricks. I Learned allot during my time there.
Meeting Creative Individuals who challenges you to do better
Making 350 a day doing something that was absolutely fun.. was the best times in my life. Traveling all around the world spreading and learning new cultures. Encouraging the younger generation at the company to challenge themselves to do better. Which will always secure a place for others to come and perform their best.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I worked there as a temp in their payroll dept. And if they could keep me they would have but because of there budget they wasn't able to add me to their team.
Pros
A fun place to work 😁
Very fun place to work
If I had to have a desk to sit behind I would only do it for this company. I have worked for others and believe me when I say, this is a company you need to stay with. I left hoping to grow with another company. If I didn't switch careers I would go back and work for Viacom in a heartbeat.
Fun place to work at
It was great working at this place. Fast-paced environment which causes day to go by faster. Not too much room for growth however and the salary is not competitive.
Great office, great people, poor benefits and no job security
Great office and company culture, awesome people to work with. Good flexibility for work from home. Good management.

Very poor benefits and no job security.
Take a pass on this place
You need to kiss butt in order to move up, once you hit a cerrtain age, they will do what they can to push you out...Anyone who is an SVP and above cannot be trusted, only lookout for themselves, will throw anyone under the bus to keep their high paying job. Benefits are expensive, NY office gets more perks then west coast. They have been on the best places to work on working mothers list for several years. Most of it is exaggerated lies, and only applies to NY office. Take a pass on this place.
Pros
office space is nice
Old guard, potect themselves in clutchs
Not a hoidplace to work, you will become the excuse, not the solution. Culture on a personal level is ok at times including Thursday happy hour in the office, but not a place to succeed.
productive and fun workplace
Great place to learn. Friendly environment. Hardest part was the commute as I lived a bit far, but work was enjoyable and not very stressful. Workplace culture was fun.
Layoffs are a frequent part of work
I felt like management did not share information or opportunity. Learning was not part of the culture. Senior Managers tended to be overly difficult to work with.
Pros
Exciting product
Cons
60 hour weeks
Great company not room to grow
The company has great benefits, location, and name. Theres opportunity for mobility with in the different brands, but people tends to stay so there’s little room to grow. Large rotation of freelancers usually keeps the creative work fresh, but hiring and moving up tends to take long times.
Interesting place to start a career in media.
Viacom doesn't pay well and even though they say there is always room to advance you career there, its not really true. Most of the Development is being off-shored and they are not responsive to new technologies.
Great Company Culture
Great company with awesome people & great benefits. You will gain incredible experience from the access to some of the most talented minds in entertainment media.
Enjoyable
Everyone was supportive and willing to work as a team. Management was willing to listen to ideas. Very friendly environment. Great co workers........
Productive and fun work experience
Interning there was great, they do have two offices in the city so it is best if you are familiar with the subway because you might have to go to both
The employees are amazing and talented.
Lately, a typical day at work is checking a million emails and taking calls, then traveling all the time. I meet the most incredible individuals during my work travel adventures.
sfsd
Hapy to work and loking forward to work.very exciting place o work. Working environment wtith friendl people made me learn lot from oter people. very god company yo work for.
Pros
metings
Cons
no work from home
Productive work environment, great/knowledgable staff
I enjoyed my time with Viacom and working with my team directly. I had the opportunity to work on a number of creative interactive projects and was given creative freedom to come up with compelling concepts. My directors/seniors were also very open to providing guidance and support when needed.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viacom. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Viacom.