Viacom Culture reviews

Fun place to work, not so serious, but slow moving
Sr. Digital Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2019
Management doesn't care too much about your advancement, but you do meet great colleagues and have a fun time. It feels like college - nobody really takes their responsibilities too seriously, except for me.
The working environment was pleasant
Study underneath writer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2019
The atmosphere in the office was always positive and pleasant. I learned a lot from working with the producers/writers at BET in the creative services department.
Productive, good environment, often stressful
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2019
Working at Viacom is a great experience depending on the department you are apart of. Upper management is definitely understanding and knows you have a life outside of work. Which is why getting a day off is never an issue. Workplace culture in Viacom is great. No one judges you based on your appearance, there's always an event going on, as well as they always give out free items to employees.
Great Company Culture
Org & People Development Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2019
The people here are incredible. Fun company culture. The Benefits are next level. They really care about the whole person and work life balance. Pay could be better
Great benefits and work/life balance
Disbursements Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 19, 2019
Viacom has great benefits and a great workplace culture. The company values diversity and hard work, and does not shy away from showing their employees that they are appreciated.
Great place to grow.
QC engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Viacom. I learned alot with them. Some good and some bad. Alot of politics happen there. The environment was great and loved the perks that they offered.
fun environment with a lot of amazing personalities and opportunities
Assistant to Senior VP of Facilities Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 15, 2019
I worked in the facilities department. My department was always great place to be because we had so much access to the entire building. I got to take part in planning major events, work was always something to look forward to.
Great corporate culture and work life balance
Business Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2019
Great benefits, perks and company culture. I enjoy working here and enjoy the people I work with. Great internal mobility and opportunities to advance.
Great career advice from my supervisors.
Research Team Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2019
My supervisors are great in helping out for my career needs, especially their advice for helping me succeed. I should definitely reach out if needed!!
Interesting diverse place to work
Director, Project Management (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2019
Interesting diverse place to work, very chaotic. Long hours are expected.

Very entrepreneurial and encourages analytical and independent thinking.

Kind of a revolving door for upper management as they have contracts and contract may not be renewed when the term of the contract is done.

Great experience, very stressful, but you learn a lot. Negative is that It is a very competitive place, sometimes when its not even warranted.
Creative company going through industry transformation
SVP (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 21, 2019
Great culture and creative mindset, values employee contribution. The industry is going through a major transformation as linear television viewership is going down, but the company has been handling this well.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Great place to start your career
International Program Sales Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 10, 2019
Although I was an intern, I was given many responsibilities that made me appreciate the role I was in. A typical day did not exist as I was always doing something different. Granted, these different things were great as it helped me expand my knowledge. The management really depends on the team you work for. I had one manager who was very strict and always sought for the work to get done. I had another very laid back and understanding manager who was open to me exploring other options while I worked on her team. The hardest part of the job would have to be picking up and learning the role. The most enjoyable part was definitely the company culture- it is very relaxed and most of the people working there are relatively young.
Ok place to work
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2019
Good work life balance depending on your department. Supportive of mothers. Pay is decent but nothing outstanding compared to other industries. Good vacation package. Culture can be a bit unsupportive at times.
Dream Company
Business Analyst/ Scrum Master (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2019
I love working with my current client Viacom. The work environment is positive and encouraging. I got a first-hand experience as Scrum master here. Workplace culture is pretty cool. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in collaboration and as a team.
Excellent Entertainment Company
Executive Secretary (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 28, 2019
Viacom is an excellent place to work. Viacom is full of workshops, training courses and has a great family feeling. Management is caring, concerned and work hard at keeping the culture a fun place to be / work and be a part of.
Good Perks but stressful
Coordinator, Licensing Operations (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 27, 2019
This is a great company with focused culture, good work perks and we feel spoiled most days. However advancement within the company seems out of reach, raises, and job security seem hard to come by.
N/a
Producer/Editor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 12, 2019
Freelanced there. Really enjoyed my time there. Good people, good times, good culture. Would work there again. I have the feeling I will work that again soon.
Employee Driven Company That Cares About Career Advancement
Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2019
A typical day at work was fostered my enormous creativity and easy to come by productivity.
I learned how to operate effectively with multiple teams and departments.
Workplace culture centers on wellness and good work/life balance.
The hardest part of the job is that there could occasionally be bottlenecking/stalling of upward mobility.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with creative, fun people.
work place
Manager of Network Services (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2019
this was one of my first big job and it help me to understand how to be a great employee while working with a great team of folks that collaborated on many issues as a team to improve the outcome of most of our tasks. great place.
Productive and great energy
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I really enjoyed my time interning at Viacom several summers ago. It is such a creative and high-energy environment that I love to be around. The people who work their obviously love their jobs and have a passion for what they do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viacom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight