Viacom Employee Reviews

Exciting Work
Programming & Platform Strategy Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
Being in a lower position of power you do not make that much for working in New York but the work is exciting and the people are fun. The hours are flexible and depending on the amount of work you have you could stay there all night or come and go within 8/9 hours.
Great Company
Divisional Chief Information / Technology Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 8, 2018
Viacom was a great company to work for with access to senior leadership. They were an open organization that listened to their employees and welcomed their suggestions and feedback. Excellent at communicating with their employees through newsletters and town hall meetings.
Pros
Cons
Late Culture (late starting the day, but worked late into the evening)
Hard to move up
Marketing (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2018
Fun culture, but also political. Don't expect to get a promotion anytime soon. The company likes to rewards it's employees with parties, without investing in better management.
Productive internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 3, 2018
This was an internship I took while in college. I was responsible for writing blurbs, transcribing and editing audio interviews every day.

The workplace culture was fun and the management itself was okay, but it is difficult to judge as it was only an internship.

The most enjoyable part was being involved with the two things that I have always loved the most: movies and film.
MTV2 Development Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
Viacom was a wonderful place to work. There were a lot of strong leaders and people who wanted to be there. I was with 4 other interns during my internship, and they were all girls, which made me stand out if I did anything slightly different. But overall, I wasn't treated differently and enjoyed my time there.

The only part that was interesting, was the communication at times. My supervisor had a tendency of not giving too much information on important deliveries or pickups, so I was left having to decide things on my own or calling her to get help. But doing that sometimes made her angry, that I asked too many questions.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it and would definitely consider working there again. Probably in a different area, as I was able to learn from the video editors in Post-Production during my Development internship, and that was a great experience.
Pros
Nice workspace, great people, good lunch area, and learning from other areas that weren't in the same floor
Cons
Communication with supervisors
Very good culture
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 24, 2018
Very nice place to work. The culture is great and for the most part the people are too. Great benefits including summer Fridays and a good amount of PTO days during the year.
Healthy Work Environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 23, 2018
I was at Viacom for 12 years. Overall, it was a great company and a great experience. They encouraged individuality and always made steps to enhance company culture.
Pros
Great benefits, comfortable work environment
Cons
Consistent changes in management
Viacom
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
Very relaxed atmosphere, inclusive environment, fun yet professional. Many perks considering we work for some of the top entertainment brands in the industry.
Pros
Parties, fun environment
Cons
Traffic
12 years for nothing
Master Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYJuly 17, 2018
12 years, laid off due to poor company management. no loyalty to the working staff. anyone that is promoted is a friend or a friend of a friend. the regular staff at Viacom is perfectly fine, great people.
Encouraging environment with great opportunities for growth.
Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
As an intern at Viacom for two years, I have had nothing but fantastic experiences with encouraging mentors and bountiful opportunities for career advancement. I feel as though the company cares greatly for it's interns, as Viacom provides a number of outreach activities, guest seminars, and career development panels to help further an intern's career.
Eh.
SENIOR MARKETING & PARTNER SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Viacom is a great place for someone just starting out in their career to gain some experience in their preferred field, but in order to move up you, need to leave the company, gain outside experience, and then come back.
Glad to Work in a great place
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Great company and a fun place to be. Lots of items to do; lots of connections; many events and openings. Great office, fantastic people, and enjoyable areas.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
True
Productive and fun workplace
Product Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 9, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with great opportunities to learn and grow. Free Breakfast sometimes and a great workculture where one gets to put their ideas forward.
Excellent
Senior Vice President Administration (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
I highly recommend Viacom as a first choice place to work. I began my career as a Coordinator and after a great deal of hard work and an amazing boss I was promoted to Senior Vice President
Fun Place to Work
Internship (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 6, 2018
Viacom is a fun place to work because of the perks you wouldn't get at a normal 9-5 job. This internship gave the ability to look into other jobs other than the one you signed up for.
Inclusive work environment
Vice President, Content Distribution (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2018
Viacom was a creative, fun and inclusive work place. During my time at Viacom I was able to use my skills to help produce thousands of pieces of original content alongside some of the most talented staff anyone could hope to work with.
Pros
Friendly, creative work environment
love itttt
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 4, 2018
Im working freelance now and love everything about it ! highers up are helpful and its a great place to be. Advancing to full time is hard but I am optimistic.
Great Company
QA Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
Great place to work at, maintains work life balance. Has a gym and a cafeteria on site. Flexible summer hours. Starts with 5 weeks PTO and has tuition reimbursement.
Hardworking coworkers and long hours
Music & Talent Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 1, 2018
As a past intern, I had many responsibilities. My co-workers were passionate about their jobs and made me excited to learn more about the company. I had a lot of exposure to different departments.
Good Temp job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2018
This was a great job for a temporary employee. My co workers were friendly and I was able to learn quite a bit about accounting. I was also able to utilize my customer service skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viacom. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight