ViacomCBS
Happiness rating is 72 out of 100

ViacomCBS Culture reviews

Professional, intelligent co-workers. Everyone knows their jobs and was ready, willing and able to pitch in to make all projects a group effort. Felt like one of the team.
Inclusive work-environment. Good benefits and work-life balance. Relaxed and fun culture. Not a lot of room for advancement. Managers tend to be looking out for themselves rather than helping advance your career.
Work culture was super fun and young, hosting happy hours and holiday parties, but it mainly serves as a distraction for how compartmentalized the company is.
Pros
if you time it right, you can eat for free each day by finding which floors are being catered
Cons
if you want to see the fruits of your labor, look for a job somewhere else
Company has gone through so many changes -layoffs every year for almost a decade, constant restructuring and now, a merger - all of which have negatively impacted morale. (Hard to feel loyal when it's abundantly clear you're replaceable) Collective mood, even before the pandemic, has always been cynical; people just waiting for their post-layoff severance for a chance to take a mental break. Few are paid what they deserve, the company is constantly short staffed across departments and Management's actions show "open door policies" and "suggestion boxes" are for appearances ONLY.
Pros
People/culture are very nice
Cons
Always understaffed, don't pay well
Culture is poor. To get things done management relies on aggression. A lot of suspicion, accusations, and distrust.If you are “in” with management this may be better but if you are not it gets in the way of getting things done. No benefits or flexibility.
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Great benefits and for the most part great people to work with in a culture that rewards accomplishments. However, it’s also a culture where there is very little job security.
Pros
Not a clock watching culture
Cons
Job security is not a given even if you are an excellent performer
A typical day at College of Biblical Studies, As a Tutor I have schedule appointment through out the day, and I have learned to be contempt, which my circumstances in my life.I love the workplace culture, where you always smile at the students, which i always find compassion and kindness at workplace . I have used to encourage my students to do better at academics and the hardest part of of the job, when the students did not canceled schedule appointments and I have to come back home without seeing the students to give tips for study English Grammar and Spanish Grammar.
Executive focused culture that highly compensates executive leadership, while giving minimal raises to middle management and junior staff. Post merger, roles were assigned based on relationships not the individual best suited for the role. This will further delay the ability of the companies to integrate fully, as seen in the selection of a new CFO within 7 months post closure, when all legacy Viacom folks had already been fired from Treasury and Tax functions.
Pros
Competitive benefits, name recognition of brands
Cons
non-executive salary, culture
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at CBS is unbalancedPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at CBS are beneficialJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at CBS, I think it's secureManagementIn general, managers at CBS micromanageCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at CBS is collaborativeOverallMy experience working at CBS was experienced by me
Constant threat of layoffsTop heavy structureLow wagesThe definition of “corporate machine”As the industry changes, Viacom is scrambling to profit. For years, this has meant “work staff harder, pay less or just hire young, inexperienced people who will work for less.” Of course, this benefits only Viacom. As a creative, one of the most soul crushing work cultures I’ve ever been in. We called it “Evil Corp.”
Pros
Flushing toilets
Cons
Deadened soul
The folks and ViacomCBS are professional, respectful, and hardworking. Management is very accommodating in terms of vacation and working-from-home.Compensation is at the lower end of what I'd consider competitive.
Excellent company to work for and they believe in family values and help bring that logic to the workplac. Had my role not moved to California I wouldMost like still have worked there.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Long commute
In Finance, as expected, the work was very cyclical. I enjoyed (& learned the most from) ad hoc projects that fell outside of our normal business cycle reporting. I thought I had a growth plan setup with my management team but it was not adhered to which was disappointing. Be clear on what your personal objectives are. Company tried to have good culture (employee activities, etc). Benefits are excellent. Comp is good at Corporate (above the Mgr level).
Bullying and discrimination is a HUGE problem at this company and my department was especially problematic in that regard. My manager was a narcissistic selfish monster whose main goal was to make everyone in our department feel as miserable and unappreciated as possible. Then when the rounds of layoffs happened, all of the bullies and monsters kept their jobs but all of the victims got fired. FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS RIGHT?I hope this company gets sued by many of the good employees they let go.
Pros
nothing
Cons
lack of job security, sociopathic management, subpar raises, culture of nepotism and favoritism
I love my job. Great team and exciting job. There is team support. The managers would do anything to make your job more pleasurable. I feel completely supported bf my team.
Pros
Challenging and fulfilling
Cons
It's a great company that offers great work life balance and fun environment. Exciting brands that people love and have grown up with. Would recommend.
Making 350 a day doing something that was absolutely fun.. was the best times in my life. Traveling all around the world spreading and learning new cultures. Encouraging the younger generation at the company to challenge themselves to do better. Which will always secure a place for others to come and perform their best.
It was great working at this place. Fast-paced environment which causes day to go by faster. Not too much room for growth however and the salary is not competitive.
Great office and company culture, awesome people to work with. Good flexibility for work from home. Good management. Very poor benefits and no job security.
Not a hoidplace to work, you will become the excuse, not the solution. Culture on a personal level is ok at times including Thursday happy hour in the office, but not a place to succeed.
Great place to learn. Friendly environment. Hardest part was the commute as I lived a bit far, but work was enjoyable and not very stressful. Workplace culture was fun.