ViaQuest Employee Reviews

Great culture, great team
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHDecember 10, 2018
My team is awesome! I have a very supportive and fun team and I love working with them. The company does really great things and helps a lot of people so it gives you a great sense of purpose. The leadership tries to be as transparent as possible. The company hold culture building events and an annual Conference that are a lot of fun and a great benefit to the employees. I've been with the company for 5 years and I love it.
Pros
culture, mission, values, growth opportunities
Cons
lack of regular salary increases
I loved workimg at Viaquest at first!
Consumer and Staff Issues (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHNovember 1, 2018
I loved working at this company when I first started. During my almost 2 years with the company i was promoted twice. My last promotion being a PM was the end result of me quitting. This job added a tremendous amount stress to my life. For weeks I worked 60 hours and my personal phone would ring 24-7 at times.i basically feel like I was pushed out of the company with me addressing my issues with upper mangemant and getting no help. After working for the company endless hours I decided to step down to be a direct staff however hr would not let me.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Everthing
Drowning company
QAPI Hospice Educator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 19, 2018
New management decided to change everything & it all went downhill! They expect you to take care of others & don't take care of their employees. It is a sinking ship!! They will use you & turn around to dispose of you. Unless you are part of their family, or have been there a long time, you will keep your job & move up in the company, even when you shouldn't!
Pros
Yearly conference full of food & alcoholic beverages
Cons
Underappreciated, poor communication
run
Residential Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green OhioOctober 10, 2018
I worked at a great DD provider previously. As others have said, its a sinking ship. Not at all what I expected. I never had to deal with the issues here when I was at another agency. They continue to advocate for opening new residential homes when none of the current homes are fully staffed. Program Managers are expected to work 9 to 5 office hours in addition to covering all open shifts. The hours I currently work calculated out, I make less than minimum wage. Staff are not trained correctly, there are no systems in place for retraining, many UIs and MUs go unreported.. In the interview they show you how great healthcare is, but if you have a family be prepared to pay over $400 monthly in premiums.
Avoid the sinking ship
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2018
The company cares for nothing but profit. It does not care for the individuals, for the staff or even for middle management. Staff are giving minimal training, very little individual based training, then are expected to work long hours with little support. Call offs and turn overs are very frequent and care suffers. They will throw anyone on shift just to keep profit. Program managers are forced to work not only their job but then direct care jobs with no compensation. The company motto should be work them to death then replace them.
Hospice just can't get it right
Hospice Nurse (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioOctober 29, 2018
Poor management. Wrong choices are continually made when it comes to choosing top level positions. As a result, yet another program is failing. Sad to see. I wouldn't recommend this company when making a job change. No stability, long hours, constantly on call, no appreciation.
Pros
CEO really does care.
Cons
Listed in review.
Great place
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 30, 2018
Good job in health care. Some managers were not friendly but it was a good place to work. Good people work there.Intake Coordinator learned a lot working with insurance and doctors offices. I love home care for 30 years and this was a different home care
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
on call
Dsp
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Current Employee) –  Independence, OHNovember 6, 2018
This job has its ups and downs you have to want to be in this field to like your job. But I like this job sometimes you have fun then sometimes you have to deal with behaviors but it’s apart of your job. Great job if you like helping other people
If you want to be stressed 24/7 apply for the day program!!
Day Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJuly 30, 2018
I usually don’t write reviews, but people need to be warned! Viaquest makes you feel like you’re walking into a company who cares about you as an employee and also cares about their clients. Well that lovely feeling quickly disappeares once you actually start working for them! Their mission statement is based off of lies! I have never worked for a company who claims they care so much, but in reality only cares about making money! It’s down right disgusting! The Painesville location is so over packed, it’s really a safety concern! When I was working there for almost a year, they were talking about an expansion... on a building that they don’t even own... but won’t get their vans properly fixed! This place is such a joke, it’s a shame! The clients deserve so much better!
Pros
The clients, and Monday-Friday schedule
Cons
The high school drama between staff, the management, don’t get paid enough!
Working for Viaquest
Program Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 9, 2018
I found Viaquest meaningful and interesting when it comes to caregiving for the mentally ill and handicapped. I could relate in a 1 to 1 basis with the clientelle and treated them like family. The supervisor was a great guy and helped me intensely as a new employee
Pros
Good company
Cons
one of the managers was not fair
Don’t recommend
CERTIFIED HOSPICE NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  MonogahelaJuly 11, 2018
They did not value their long time employees. When their censu dropped they promised our job security only to let their longest employees go and to keep newly hired ones. Our efforts and dedication to them met nothing.
Pros
Cons
No job security
Don't recommend this job!
N/A (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 30, 2018
Long hours and wasn't supposed to work sometimes 50+ hours a week. Unfair to their employees. They don't care about their employees. No breaks ever given.
Cons
No breaks, long hours
Worst Employer I have ever experienced
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioApril 12, 2018
Worst Employer I have ever had. Manager was very unprofessional and nasty. Very hostile work environment in the Dublin hospice and home health area. They have had numerous clinical directors and high turnover with minimal training. I would not recommend this job to any nurse who is rational and wants to succeed. Most innapropriate work environment I have ever experienced.
Pros
Cons
There's not enough room to write the negatives
Friendly but stay away
NA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
You do not get raises at all. Management changes constantly and the turnover rate for employees are always never ending. There are some stingy employees and people gossip there like wildfire. With the way that business is going, it is going downhill from here.
Pros
Some employees are nice, yearly Conference downtown
Cons
No raises, no room for growth, turnover rates, service is not consistent
Little direction was given
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 3, 2018
Good hospice program. Level of professionalism not what I am accustomed too. Little direction in a not so positive environment. I loved meeting new residents and potential clients.
my work day
Certified Direct Care House Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 2, 2018
my position hear was very easy dealing with special needs. only downfall wathe pay that was given i believe that we should have been paid mor for what all we delt with
Cons
Most recent manager was wonderful everything else was not
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHMarch 18, 2018
Coming into the job I had i was unsure if it was for me, I worked in a day center not at client homes.

We repeatedly brought in a client who.was.overly violent to staff and other clients and we were encouraged to not tell the other clients caregivers of the situation

It was allowed to.get out of hand and I hated it.

Short version is

Severely over crowded and severely understaffed it was often 2 or 3 wheel chair clients per staff and it was not worth the minimal pay
Pros
Not really anything, reliable hours?
Cons
Underpaid under appreciated
good company
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 8, 2018
good company in the sense that they give good benefit,they re reliable easy to work with,and take their employees important and treat them in a very polite manner
It's not for everyone
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 11, 2018
ViaQuest does provide training, and thorough medical training. The thing I didn't like about it, was having to work 70 hours a week to have a decent check, and even then I was made to feel bad when I didn't pick up more hours! Most of the clients are easy to work with. There are some whose hygiene is poor! But, you can't get them to take a bath, and management doesn't try to help. ALso when having to transport. When they have BAD hygiene, your car will smell like bodily fluids! I never once heard the company say they'd help with cost of cleaning the car, or making the client bathe! If the client won't listen to it's direct staff.
Pros
enriching lives
Cons
driving clients in personal vehicle, long hours, company always wants you to work. NO personal life quality
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJune 19, 2018
Great place to work, co-workers are easy to get along with. Management listens if there are any issues. Facilities are welcoming. It's a pleasure to work with families during this difficult time.