ViaQuest Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
good company
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 8, 2018
good company in the sense that they give good benefit,they re reliable easy to work with,and take their employees important and treat them in a very polite manner
If you want to be stressed 24/7 apply for the day program!!
Day Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJuly 30, 2018
I usually don’t write reviews, but people need to be warned! Viaquest makes you feel like you’re walking into a company who cares about you as an employee and also cares about their clients. Well that lovely feeling quickly disappeares once you actually start working for them! Their mission statement is based off of lies! I have never worked for a company who claims they care so much, but in reality only cares about making money! It’s down right disgusting! The Painesville location is so over packed, it’s really a safety concern! When I was working there for almost a year, they were talking about an expansion... on a building that they don’t even own... but won’t get their vans properly fixed! This place is such a joke, it’s a shame! The clients deserve so much better!
Pros
The clients, and Monday-Friday schedule
Cons
The high school drama between staff, the management, don’t get paid enough!
Working for Viaquest
Program Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 9, 2018
I found Viaquest meaningful and interesting when it comes to caregiving for the mentally ill and handicapped. I could relate in a 1 to 1 basis with the clientelle and treated them like family. The supervisor was a great guy and helped me intensely as a new employee
Pros
Good company
Cons
one of the managers was not fair
Friendly but stay away
NA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
You do not get raises at all. Management changes constantly and the turnover rate for employees are always never ending. There are some stingy employees and people gossip there like wildfire. With the way that business is going, it is going downhill from here.
Pros
Some employees are nice, yearly Conference downtown
Cons
No raises, no room for growth, turnover rates, service is not consistent
Worst Employer I have ever experienced
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioApril 12, 2018
Worst Employer I have ever had. Manager was very unprofessional and nasty. Very hostile work environment in the Dublin hospice and home health area. They have had numerous clinical directors and high turnover with minimal training. I would not recommend this job to any nurse who is rational and wants to succeed. Most innapropriate work environment I have ever experienced.
Pros
Cons
There's not enough room to write the negatives
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 24, 2018
Good place to work they have a variety of shift that you can work including PRN nice down-to-earth staff and managers no real issues at this job I would recommend it
Most recent manager was wonderful everything else was not
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHMarch 18, 2018
Coming into the job I had i was unsure if it was for me, I worked in a day center not at client homes.

We repeatedly brought in a client who.was.overly violent to staff and other clients and we were encouraged to not tell the other clients caregivers of the situation

It was allowed to.get out of hand and I hated it.

Short version is

Severely over crowded and severely understaffed it was often 2 or 3 wheel chair clients per staff and it was not worth the minimal pay
Pros
Not really anything, reliable hours?
Cons
Underpaid under appreciated
It's not for everyone
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 11, 2018
ViaQuest does provide training, and thorough medical training. The thing I didn't like about it, was having to work 70 hours a week to have a decent check, and even then I was made to feel bad when I didn't pick up more hours! Most of the clients are easy to work with. There are some whose hygiene is poor! But, you can't get them to take a bath, and management doesn't try to help. ALso when having to transport. When they have BAD hygiene, your car will smell like bodily fluids! I never once heard the company say they'd help with cost of cleaning the car, or making the client bathe! If the client won't listen to it's direct staff.
Pros
enriching lives
Cons
driving clients in personal vehicle, long hours, company always wants you to work. NO personal life quality
Run the other way
Professional (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 17, 2018
Hospice regional director with an associate’s degree and obvious severe mental illness. Chaplain uses worst profanity ever heard. Disorganized circus!
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication, hostile culture, chaotic, cut-throat from the top down, they lie to your face, I have never worked anywhere with so much turmoil, “professionals” behaving like school-aged children, worst turnover I have ever seen in a company
Viaquest is very flexible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Viaquest has a laid back atmosphere which makes it an ideal place to work. What I love about Viaquest is there flexibility. I believe they genuinely care about the individuals but sometimes due to other issues that may arise some clients may not get as much attention. Which makes it appear that Viaquest doesn't care about the clients. But in all actuality they really do care. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Higher pay
Great field nurses and therapists
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 26, 2018
Typical day is seeing 3-7 patients daily,5 days a week. Sometimes adding an admission visit to your day. The computer system for charting is difficult makeing your visits longer. You almost always have charting when you get home in the evening. You can usually plan your week to meet your needs. RN/case manager is in charge of 25-30 patients for teaching/education, and wound care. RN is paid per visit and .40 each mile after the initial 30 miles beginning your day and you do not get paid for the last 30miles of your day. Most patients and family are a joy.
Pros
You can mostly make your own schedule. Freedom. Good nurses and therapists most of the time.
Cons
No 401k until after a year of employment, no match, for No raises.. EVER, High turnover, Hard charting system.large territories with high mileage to your personal vehicle
They don’t care about you
Day Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 15, 2018
They don’t care about your well being or the individual. It can be 2 degrees and they will have you and the individuals outside because they are a business. They will mix your words up and at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what was really said because they are management and they are right . You don’t get paid enough for the stuff you deal with
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Everything else
This place should be closed down
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, OHNovember 15, 2017
Worst, most disorganized company I've ever encountered in 10-plus years in the social services industry. Complete lack of record-keeping due to horrendous, almost monthly and even weekly turnover in upper management and quality assurance. I'm frankly surprised the county hasn't shut this place down. If you're a program manager, expect to be on call with your personal cell phone 24/7 (they don't give you one) and to answer e-mail at all hours. If you're a program manager, you can expect a new operations manager every 3-4 months at best, every month or less at worst. Direct-care staff walk off the job routinely due to poor pay and working conditions. I can't say I blame them.
Pros
Paychecks cashed
Cons
Everything else
Will cut your pay and not tell even tell you
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Woodlawn, OHNovember 12, 2017
Viaquest does not care about their employees. They not only made the nurses start giving baths to pts in adddition to the reg visits instead if hiring a bath aid, but then cut the pay to roughly $9 before taxes for the visit. Which is less than a bath aid makes. THEN, they don't even bother to tell the nurses this until it is discovered on accident months later since the paychecks are so confusing. They also did this to the RNs with SOC visits a few months ago with no mention of it until it was discovered by accident. They do this with milage and phone reimbursement as well, not mentioning this is available or you're putting it in wrong to avoid paying you. The turn over in management is ridiculous and they will fire the people who try and fix anything. They do not appreciate good employees and will not hesitate to take advantage of them every chance they get.
good place to work
Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INNovember 9, 2017
I enjoyed my local staff. They all seem to care about each other, growth of the company and their patients. If you didn't have an answer to a question, you could be sure that one of the directors would get on for you.
Terrible place to work....very punitive
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHOctober 12, 2017
All work is dumped on therapists to bring profit in. Time off benefits TERRIBLE and you have to make up missed productivity if you take time off. Therapists look like stressed out overworked robots on their way to a heart attack or nervous breakdown.....workload is 24/7 but only paid for 40 hours per week....true modern day slavery.....management has no clue because they haven't ever done therapist job at agency. Underpaid for mileage and nobody talks to each other. High turnover rate.....dont do it!!!!
Pros
Cons
Treated like slaves by managers, no real time off and very low pto hours, poor training but held accountable for everything
Total Chaos
former employee (Former Employee) –  Monongahela, PAOctober 9, 2017
Every day is pure chaos. You're expected to put in well more than 8 hour days once charting is completed, which is odd since management is NEVER in the office at the start OR end of the day. If they are there, they're busy socializing, NOT pitching in. Guess their work/life balance is a lot more important that other staff. If you have a question you will get a different answer from everyone. Every person does the same job differently (no consistency). Crazy amount of turnover. I have seen many employees come and go. They give you no reason to stay. Raises are never given. Seriously understaffed.
Pros
Patient interactions
Cons
no raises, no training, no recognition, no effective mnagement
Not such a great Company; just OK.
former staff (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2017
There are very few good supervisors in this company.The culture of the company is more money minded than client focused. They hire anyone and everybody. There is lack of proper training, turn over is very high leading to under staffing. Staff is usually overworked for less pay. Management is rude with terrible attitude.
Pros
hiring is pretty quick. They offer benefits.
Cons
poor management, work long hours with less pay, high turn over, terrible attitude from management, too much gossip, witchhunt
Viaquest
Start of Care Nurse / RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntingburg, INSeptember 29, 2017
Start of care nurse for Home Health. Oasis. Case Manager back up. On call on rotation. Work with nurses, PT, OT, ST, HHA and physicians. Help set up needed services.
Pros
Worked 8-5
Cons
On call, company was bought out and my position was eliminated
The most enjoyable part of the job
Home Manager (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 27, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the consumers. I really enjoyed providing care for them and being a part of their care plans to help them succeed. I enjoyed the involvement with their county workers in creating plans and following through with the tools provided.
Pros
Watching the consumers succeed with their daily skills
Cons
Long hours, and management restructuring.