ViaQuest Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
run
Residential Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green OhioOctober 10, 2018
I worked at a great DD provider previously. As others have said, its a sinking ship. Not at all what I expected. I never had to deal with the issues here when I was at another agency. They continue to advocate for opening new residential homes when none of the current homes are fully staffed. Program Managers are expected to work 9 to 5 office hours in addition to covering all open shifts. The hours I currently work calculated out, I make less than minimum wage. Staff are not trained correctly, there are no systems in place for retraining, many UIs and MUs go unreported.. In the interview they show you how great healthcare is, but if you have a family be prepared to pay over $400 monthly in premiums.
Avoid the sinking ship
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 12, 2018
The company cares for nothing but profit. It does not care for the individuals, for the staff or even for middle management. Staff are giving minimal training, very little individual based training, then are expected to work long hours with little support. Call offs and turn overs are very frequent and care suffers. They will throw anyone on shift just to keep profit. Program managers are forced to work not only their job but then direct care jobs with no compensation. The company motto should be work them to death then replace them.
good company
Caregiver/CNA (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 8, 2018
good company in the sense that they give good benefit,they re reliable easy to work with,and take their employees important and treat them in a very polite manner
Little direction was given
Community Liaison (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INAugust 3, 2018
Good hospice program. Level of professionalism not what I am accustomed too. Little direction in a not so positive environment. I loved meeting new residents and potential clients.
my work day
Certified Direct Care House Manager (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHAugust 2, 2018
my position hear was very easy dealing with special needs. only downfall wathe pay that was given i believe that we should have been paid mor for what all we delt with
Cons
If you want to be stressed 24/7 apply for the day program!!
Day Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJuly 30, 2018
I usually don’t write reviews, but people need to be warned! Viaquest makes you feel like you’re walking into a company who cares about you as an employee and also cares about their clients. Well that lovely feeling quickly disappeares once you actually start working for them! Their mission statement is based off of lies! I have never worked for a company who claims they care so much, but in reality only cares about making money! It’s down right disgusting! The Painesville location is so over packed, it’s really a safety concern! When I was working there for almost a year, they were talking about an expansion... on a building that they don’t even own... but won’t get their vans properly fixed! This place is such a joke, it’s a shame! The clients deserve so much better!
Pros
The clients, and Monday-Friday schedule
Cons
The high school drama between staff, the management, don’t get paid enough!
Don’t recommend
CERTIFIED HOSPICE NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  MonogahelaJuly 11, 2018
They did not value their long time employees. When their censu dropped they promised our job security only to let their longest employees go and to keep newly hired ones. Our efforts and dedication to them met nothing.
Pros
Cons
No job security
Working for Viaquest
Program Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJuly 9, 2018
I found Viaquest meaningful and interesting when it comes to caregiving for the mentally ill and handicapped. I could relate in a 1 to 1 basis with the clientelle and treated them like family. The supervisor was a great guy and helped me intensely as a new employee
Pros
Good company
Cons
one of the managers was not fair
Chaplain (Current Employee) –  Monongahela, PAJune 19, 2018
Great place to work, co-workers are easy to get along with. Management listens if there are any issues. Facilities are welcoming. It's a pleasure to work with families during this difficult time.
Friendly but stay away
NA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
You do not get raises at all. Management changes constantly and the turnover rate for employees are always never ending. There are some stingy employees and people gossip there like wildfire. With the way that business is going, it is going downhill from here.
Pros
Some employees are nice, yearly Conference downtown
Cons
No raises, no room for growth, turnover rates, service is not consistent
Worst Employer I have ever experienced
Clinical Director (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OhioApril 12, 2018
Worst Employer I have ever had. Manager was very unprofessional and nasty. Very hostile work environment in the Dublin hospice and home health area. They have had numerous clinical directors and high turnover with minimal training. I would not recommend this job to any nurse who is rational and wants to succeed. Most innapropriate work environment I have ever experienced.
Pros
Cons
There's not enough room to write the negatives
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 24, 2018
Good place to work they have a variety of shift that you can work including PRN nice down-to-earth staff and managers no real issues at this job I would recommend it
New team
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 23, 2018
New growing team. Good team to work with.
Need to relocate to be near my daughter and her husband. They are dual military and need assistance with their children.
I would recommend ViaQuest to anyone interested in Hospice
Pros
flexibility
Cons
A lot of on call
Most recent manager was wonderful everything else was not
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHMarch 18, 2018
Coming into the job I had i was unsure if it was for me, I worked in a day center not at client homes.

We repeatedly brought in a client who.was.overly violent to staff and other clients and we were encouraged to not tell the other clients caregivers of the situation

It was allowed to.get out of hand and I hated it.

Short version is

Severely over crowded and severely understaffed it was often 2 or 3 wheel chair clients per staff and it was not worth the minimal pay
Pros
Not really anything, reliable hours?
Cons
Underpaid under appreciated
It's not for everyone
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHMarch 11, 2018
ViaQuest does provide training, and thorough medical training. The thing I didn't like about it, was having to work 70 hours a week to have a decent check, and even then I was made to feel bad when I didn't pick up more hours! Most of the clients are easy to work with. There are some whose hygiene is poor! But, you can't get them to take a bath, and management doesn't try to help. ALso when having to transport. When they have BAD hygiene, your car will smell like bodily fluids! I never once heard the company say they'd help with cost of cleaning the car, or making the client bathe! If the client won't listen to it's direct staff.
Pros
enriching lives
Cons
driving clients in personal vehicle, long hours, company always wants you to work. NO personal life quality
Run the other way
Professional (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHFebruary 17, 2018
Hospice regional director with an associate’s degree and obvious severe mental illness. Chaplain uses worst profanity ever heard. Disorganized circus!
Pros
Cons
Lack of communication, hostile culture, chaotic, cut-throat from the top down, they lie to your face, I have never worked anywhere with so much turmoil, “professionals” behaving like school-aged children, worst turnover I have ever seen in a company
Viaquest is very flexible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 12, 2018
Viaquest has a laid back atmosphere which makes it an ideal place to work. What I love about Viaquest is there flexibility. I believe they genuinely care about the individuals but sometimes due to other issues that may arise some clients may not get as much attention. Which makes it appear that Viaquest doesn't care about the clients. But in all actuality they really do care. It's a great place to work!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Higher pay
Great field nurses and therapists
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 26, 2018
Typical day is seeing 3-7 patients daily,5 days a week. Sometimes adding an admission visit to your day. The computer system for charting is difficult makeing your visits longer. You almost always have charting when you get home in the evening. You can usually plan your week to meet your needs. RN/case manager is in charge of 25-30 patients for teaching/education, and wound care. RN is paid per visit and .40 each mile after the initial 30 miles beginning your day and you do not get paid for the last 30miles of your day. Most patients and family are a joy.
Pros
You can mostly make your own schedule. Freedom. Good nurses and therapists most of the time.
Cons
No 401k until after a year of employment, no match, for No raises.. EVER, High turnover, Hard charting system.large territories with high mileage to your personal vehicle
They don’t care about you
Day Program Staff (Current Employee) –  Painesville, OHJanuary 15, 2018
They don’t care about your well being or the individual. It can be 2 degrees and they will have you and the individuals outside because they are a business. They will mix your words up and at the end of the day it doesn’t matter what was really said because they are management and they are right . You don’t get paid enough for the stuff you deal with
Pros
The individuals
Cons
Everything else
The staff was great....
Hospice Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHDecember 31, 2017
The staff was great and my last supervisor was awesome. But upper management is focused on the "bottom line", not on patient care, there was essentially no orientation and the charting system is a nightmare compared to several others with which I am familiar.
Pros
Friendly, co-operative co-workers
Cons
Goals of upper management