Viasat Employee Reviews

Fosters employment growth-Meh..
Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CADecember 1, 2018
Constantly hearing how they encourage employees to seek opportunities within the company where their skills experience may more appropriately apply. Haven't found that to be true at all. After almost a year and having applied to other positions where my skills would better fit and being ignored, It appears time to move on to greener pastures. W10 is the facility that Viasat forgot..
Pros
No pressure to do anything. Good beni's, Lot's of perks (so I hear)
Cons
No opportunity for advancement. Skill levels up the hierarchy are backwards
Great place to work!
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 27, 2018
Highly recommend. Open environment with very encouraging leaders that listen and really want you to succeed. Appreciate the flexibility in that you can work outside the office and avoid the traffic. Good environment. Very happy to work here.
Great office
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 26, 2018
Great office and interesting work. Expanding. Lots of different types of work. Unique product. Very secure. Very nice people. Good benefits. Good work life balance.
Pros
Office conditions, workout room, and great break room.
Cons
Room for advancement is limited.
Terrible place to work!!
Prototype Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 19, 2018
The pay was ok . Management was very unprofessional. Their ongoing and professing at maintaining their "good culture" is an absolute FACADE! Just like mentioned in other reviews, this place has a very poor working environment. Beware of this location to work it. Run for the hills if you are contacted as a potential candidate
Pros
Pay
Cons
Rechid working environment
Great company mission, nice people, useful skills
RF/Microwave Engineer - Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 16, 2018
- Lots of simulations in HFSS as an intern
- Learned how to use electromagnetic theory learned in school to practical, cutting edge devices and solve related issues
- Great culture! lots of activities available (e.g. Volleyball, ping pong, gym, others)
- Hardest part of the job was learning completely new skills that I wasn't taught in school. I believe that even though I had not taken a microwave engineering course prior to my internship, I was expected to know about it more than I already did. My supervisor helped me alot throughout the internship though
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Can be on your own alot of times
Fun place to work!
PROJECT MANAGER, DESIGN LEAD (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CANovember 2, 2018
Viasat culture is very cool. The campus is great and the people are lovely! I learned a ton about satellite communications, as well as systems and innovative technology!
Productive fun work place
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 29, 2018
Enjoyed the work environment and corporate culture. Management and co-workers are both supported and helpful. Management showed sincere interest in employee's learning curve and invested necessary time required to insure employee success. I rate this company 5 stars.
Pros
Evolving technologies with new learning opportunities
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
Certification Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 25, 2018
very smart people at this company. I was very inspired by the brainpower amongst the team of engineers that I worked with from various backgrounds and career interests
A lot like skee-ball
NOC Supervisor / Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 16, 2018
In that where you fall determines your value, and it's easy to fall in the 0 or 10 ring. There certainly are people who enjoy their jobs and what they do - they are a pleasure to work with; but most folks are dissatisfied with many aspects of daily work life. I've been able to learn and develop a few new skills that I am eager to sharpen elsewhere.
Pros
Rub shoulders with some very smart people
Cons
Teams are not on the same page. Lack of accountability. Disorganized management structure.
Google-esque corporate culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 16, 2018
Fun place to work; supportive of active, healthy lifestyles and work/life balance; business casual to casual style; highly intelligent, forward-thinking, creative employees.

Want to know more about Viasat?

Ask a question
Quick Paced job and a lot of room to promote and work overtime.
Corporate Call Center (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 15, 2018
I worked with some amazing people. Management at the time was not ideal . My supervisor was amazing but our boss at the time treated woman unfairly. I had felt singled out many times and my boss was treated unfairly.
Pros
A higher starting wage and a lot of overtime.
Cons
High stress and unreasonable deadlines for amount of work given.
Great work & people
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  RemoteOctober 15, 2018
Worked Remotely
Learned a lot, company focuses on your learning
Working at building products for future, leading the industry
Great and friend people.
Field Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 10, 2018
Great experience and excellent managers. Upper management always provided clear objectives and status of current business. Dedicated employees and great technology.
Great culture
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 10, 2018
I got stuck under a poor manager. In general, it's a great company to work for. Viasat is growing a lot and there's lots of new positions available. Culture is good too.
Good company to work for
NETWORK SOLUTIONS ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2018
It is a relax company with a laid back culture. They invest time and money in their employees. Plenty of advancement opportunities. Overall good management.
The alternative for Rural Customers
Telephony Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 3, 2018
In my tenure ship with the company I've learned many skills, systems, process, but all did not compare to the most import part, which was taking care of the customer. The customer experience with the products offered was my focus, therefore I made sure that I was able to resolve customer issues quickly fort he customer and efficiently for the company.
Awesome Place to work!
Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  RemoteAugust 28, 2018
Viasat is a great place to work and grow! It's a fast growing company and it is evident in the work place. So, there's some restructuring going on so the people are in the right roles needed as Viasat grows.
Just plain lousy place to work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 4, 2018
Not a good place to work. Low pay, lousy managers and no upward mobility. The good side was that coworkers were loose and friendly and culture was pleasant. Allowed flex hours, basketball games. Manager never listens to new ideas, and puts the blame on you for their incompetence. If they want you out they will devise a plan to get rid of you.
Pros
Lots of free food and drinks. Flexible work hours.
Cons
Low pay, below average management.
Meh
Engineer (Former Employee) –  CarlsbadAugust 3, 2018
Has its good and bad points. Pretty good suite of tools you need to get the work done. Some very cool tech. Some very good people. Good benefits.

WAY too many lower and middle managers, a lot of whom do not know anything, or very little, about engineering.

About 20% of the managers have quite immature attitudes.

Pulled in LOTS of directions at once. More engineers and techs focused on fewer tasks/problems would alleviate a lot of technical problems.

Most mgrs better at short term redirects of blame than coming up with long term solutions. Perhaps their management doing the same to them? IDK.
Incredible culture and employees treated well
Quality Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 1, 2018
Viasat has an outstanding culture and treat their employees very well. They give so much opportunity for growth. The one complaint I have is that the majority of the projects have a ton of ambiguity that sometimes seems excessive. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Viasat. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight