Vibra Healthcare Employee Reviews

Stressful Work Environment
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2019
Patient Account Rep. Run! this company uses a DOS system that is so old it makes you work 10x harder. they want u to work 35+ acts per day when it is impossible, due to how messed up the accounts are. Training is not training it is an overview, then your sat with a maniac supervisor that knows her job, but rushes thru training because she has a million ppl asking her questions all day. then after 5 days your given 2/3 facilities you MUST collect and maintain, in addition to filing complaints with the DOI for each state the facility is in and appeals, Oh and don't think the managers will help cause they won't. they don't know what there doing as well, this is a NUMBERS only company which is why the turnover is darn high, you don't make the numbers to satisfy the client "your out" and thats there motto.
The pay was excellent, but thats a lure to get you to either stay or work like a nut. those acts are jacked up to begin with and they expect you to fix them within 2 weeks of being there. The use of abbreviation to note the acts are none of which anyone has heard of before, you must disect the lingo to understand what the prev rep said. There collections practices are like NO other so whatever you thought you knew going in, your sadly mistaken! i wouldn't bother working for this company to save my kids life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, overal structure is jacked up
If you’re offered a job you should run ....just like everyone who is currently working there
Dietary Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAFebruary 6, 2019
I worked for Vibra Hospital in Redding for the past three years; at least the last one and a half years we were short staffed in our department. We had a really great team and we made do; working doubles and many of our weekends while being told somebody will be starting the following week ...when come to find out the three week wait between being hired and being able to start ....with little to no contact from the human resources department ....Who by the way can’t even give you a tentative wage offer in a timely fashion in order for A potential candidate to make a choice of whether or not they want to pursue.....tends to force them to take other jobs...Or just not respond once contacted.

The HR department is incompetent to say the least; They cannot keep a staff for starters so everything is behind constantly ... they consistently lose documents... you will get your TB test and they will lose the documentation and tell you months later ....when they’re reminded to make sure everyone’s up-to-date ....that you cannot work until you get another one ...sometimes causing an allergic reaction. They will send the wrong paperwork from another insurance company that they do not use with you to the doctors office if you get hurt on the job... and then blame you for not responding to the correct company in a timely fashion so then you will get denied (for instance) physical therapy when needed; prolonging your injury until your time on light duty runs out and they can send you home until you’re healed or they fire you because you did not receive an extension for Workmen’s
  more... Comp. (this happened to a young lady that I worked with who should’ve been able to receive physical therapy for her shoulder Injury instead she was completely railroaded ) Vibras HR department proves to be completely disorganized; once I witnessed a long-term employee; we’re talking 15 to 20 years working there; told that they never went and took their drug test for pre-hire and needed to take it .....later deciding it wasn’t necessary .... but just the fact that it was even an issue.
The overall management is not the best; there’s obvious favoritism between departments, managers, and the higher ups. Bottom line is if you really need a job they will take anyone with a pulse that can also pass a drug test ....and wait up to a month and a half to start a new position. Oh and if you take any position there I highly suggest that any required documentation you provide for them make copies... every flu shot ...every vaccine ...anything you get done for them get a copy.
Pros
For the most part an amazing staff as individuals
Cons
No extra education/training; favoritism between departments; Poor management; Awful HR department
Poor management
Ex rn (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 29, 2019
The clinical staff is great. Pharmacist have major egos. Administration protects their own and staff get ignored.. cco protects the nurse manager, does not meet job description criteria but cco is her best friend.. we get flexed alot and have to use vacation time.. stay away!! New CEO is ruining the hospital!! Very low morale.. HR doesn't listen to staff.. STAY AWAY
Pros
Nurses, rad techs and RTs are great
Cons
Administration doesn't care
Fast paced but great learning opportunity
Charge Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 27, 2019
Fast paced environment but can learn so much as there are lots of work. One should not join if you are looking for a paycheck. Team of clinical staff were the best as there were so much support.
Pros
Great place for LTAC experience
Avoid at all costs!
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJanuary 26, 2019
Unprofessional management, teamwork is nonexistant, and unnecessary favoritism. I would suggest avoiding if you’re looking into a clinical job. Always short staffed and employees get treated like garbage unless you’re friends with the supervisors. Personally I could not work for this comany any longer than I already have been. No opportunities to grow, at all. This is the WORST company to work for.
Cons
Favoritism, unprofessional, poor patient care
Horrible experience
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJanuary 24, 2019
I would NOT recommend working at vibra Sacramento. Horrible experience and very strange culture there. There are some nice people there, but a lot of the departments had terrible managers. There is a constant revolving door due to employees not getting the respect they deserve. What a crazy experience.
Cons
Horrible management in my department
Decent work environment
Wound Care Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 24, 2019
Working as an RN at Vibra is very challenging and rewarding and will accelerate any nurses career tremendously. I enjoyed the comradery of my colleagues and the training received from seasoned staff, supervisors, leadership and staff.
Pros
Accelerated skills as an RN
Cons
Very challenging work environment due to the acuity of the patients.
Very poorly run
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INJanuary 23, 2019
They gave a good amount of pay, but the management team was very poor. Nobody seemed to last more than 6 months. I left because of that. This last sentence is to make 150.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
terrible benefits
Flexible hours
House keeper (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJanuary 20, 2019
I have worked here for 2 years as a prn, this is my second part time job great manager, she works very well with my schedule. Work load is fairly fair between employees
I really love to work here at Vibra
RN Staff (Current Employee) –  Boardman ohioJanuary 16, 2019
the people i work for here are great ! there is some Negative here but you can"t change people. over all we do pull together . The management staff really need to pay more attention to their worker. they complain for a reason???. the hardest part of the Job SHORT STAFFING . the metric SUCK!
Pros
we are family here.
Cons
the staffing metric
work plave
lead evs (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 15, 2019
day to day operation of cleaning.working under time limited learned to work together as a team great management team.enjoy working in a small hospital watching people pass away very good employees to work with
Pros
good place to work
Cons
always busy short on break and lunch
Fantastic Work Environment
MATERIALS MANAGEMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Mandan, NDJanuary 12, 2019
Working as the Materials Manager at Vibra Hospital is a wonderful experience every day. The staff and management are AMAZING and caring people! Love my job! Highly recommend coming on board! I am currently looking for a Materials Clerk, so if you are interested in a rewarding career in materials apply for this position!
Excellent working environment for PRN employee
Registered Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 12, 2019
I found working at Vibra Hospital in Charleston SC as a rewarding experience. Management was very supportive with the exception of never seeing the CEO. All other middle management levels were responsive and supportive!. The Unit DON ,Hospital DON and Unit Manager provided good feedback and strived to make me feel as a valuable part of the team. Nursing staff was very caring and for the most part, would bend over backwards to meet the needs of the patient. Management could be relied on to provide help as needed.. I left the company after realizing the employee's position I was filling in for, became competitive and threatened due to personal insecurities. Because of this, the permanent employee became non-communicable and failed to pass on pertinent information, which negatively impacted my work and follow-up of patient care. If not for that, I would probably still be there. Wonderful place to work!!
Pros
Great team spirit with all positions with exception of position I was filling-in for.
Cons
Insecurities of employee who's position I was filling in for.
Overall Summarry
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Vibra Hospital of San Diego is operated by a talented group of managers and supervisors. There are no opportunities for growth. The CEO lacks vision and the quality manager lacks experience. I would stay with this company because I see that there is a need for creativity and vision. However, I do not see an opportunity for me at Vibra at this point.
They watch and treat you like a child
Medicare Patient Account Rep II (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 1, 2019
The managers there have favorites there and let it be knows to all employees if you are a favorite or not. You cannot go to HR with any issues like they say you can because once you do the head HR lady will be at the office speaking to your manager and you get called in to get spoken with and most of the time end up getting a write up.
Only work here if you are desperate
Wound Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 31, 2018
I worked as a "wound care coordinator" for 9 months at Vibra in Portland , OR. It was 8 months and 29 days too long. They called me a coordinator so they didn't have to consider/pay me as a manager, yet expected me to manage. Vibra is a "for profit" company and they do not care about people, just profit. They may hire people that care, but these people quickly get burned out from working in an unsafe, understaffed environment. Upper management is unavailable and not supportive. Your license is at risk when you work for Vibra. I saw so much neglect, I am surprised they are able to keep their facilities open, and they are cheap. I walked in to a room that was housing a quadriplegic and his TV was an old style TV, not a flat screen, that was strapped to a 1970s era bedside table. No joke.
Cons
Stressful conflict ridden place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln Park, MIDecember 27, 2018
Intermittently staffing adequate. Work ethics compromised. Limited supervisor support. Backstabbing often takes place. No hospital support. Nursing supervision lacking.
Pros
Flexible shift
Cons
No teamwork. Backstabbing atmodphete
Hated to leave
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Springfield ILDecember 22, 2018
The job was fine; co-workers great. management decisions negatively impacted my employment status . Now the hospital is closing so management did not improve since I left in 2016.
Would not recommend Vibra hospitals as a stable work environment for therapists
Wonderful place to work. Been there 9years
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Crown Point, INDecember 22, 2018
Vibra Is a place to learn and experience positive outcomes in various aspects of patient care. Wonderful hands on working experience. Family oriented atmosphere.
Pros
Wonderful working experience
Contract Analyst Lewisville TX (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 15, 2018
Focus on a healthcare facility's most valuable resource for delivering exceptional patient experiences .. its people. We believe healthcare isn't defined by the four walls in which it's practiced
Pros
friendly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vibra Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight