VIBRACOUSTIC Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Production Technician (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, MIJuly 15, 2019
Horrible management, stressful environment, too many hours mandated. Lots of favoritism and discrimination. Lack of communication. No work/life balance. Hard to move up. Everyone gets paid the same whether you overproduce or screw off. No bonuses or paid incentives.
Very busy, quick stepping automotive parts production facility.
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Morganfield, KYJune 24, 2019
If you enjoy getting in some overtime, you came to the right place. Typical factory work: hot summers, repetitive work, etc. Benefits and salaries in the company are very good, especially for the local area. Definitely a great place to work if you keep a positive attitude and want to work!
Teamwork!
Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Morganfield, KYJune 14, 2019
I am considered a new employee at Vibracoustic, with 6 weeks of tenure. Although I am in Management, I have seen first hand the level of cooperation between Leaders and Team Members that I have not seen before. The Supervision and Management practices are conducive to encouraging personal growth and providing the resources to make it happen. This company has frequent employee related activities to foster a culture of inclusion in both the community and the Vibracoustic family. My automotive supplier related experience is diverse, with many opportunities across the years, and this company ranks at the very top of my list.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
None yet
Good place
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIJune 13, 2019
It was a good place for the type of work that I did, lots of weekend overtime, and lots of overtime throughout the week as well. Management was good though.
Dead end job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Carmi, ILMay 18, 2019
In 4 years, I’ve gone up about 2.50 per hour. They haven’t done indirect labor evaluations that are 2 months past due at the time of me writing this, so operators are making more than the team leaders/supervisors and they will not backpay us, raises take effect when the evals are done. Very poor management, and don’t get hurt here, they’ll do their best to sweep it under the rug.
Pros
Cons
Literally everything else
your are not a human being you are a machine
n/a (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIApril 2, 2019
They do not believe people have familes at home you are to work overtime and sometimes not get a day off for months.. Other places shut down for road conditions they chose to give points out for those who couldn't make it into work which costed some to be in accidents. They don't call you if your job for the weekend is canceled so you drive over there and make no plans to find out your not running. The breaks are short and they expect a high number of production and have people working 12 hour days 7 days a week without options even if they have families. They cannot keep people and most people will not even apply due to how they treat there employees there employee state they are machine they are not people. If they mess up on your check you must wait till the following week to get paid.. if there is an issue with insurance or anything of that nature including direct deposit just call corp yourself don't wait for HR to help you she will not. They do not realize there operators are not machines and this is why they cannot keep people.. this has been an on going issue for years and they still do not see the problem or try to fix it while people are getting tired and eventually quite and miss steps and get fired. The problem with the company falls directly at the office and how they treat there operators and for a small town they cannot keep enough people due to it and yet to change anything .. No music or phones on the floor do not be late from break. get your numbers so they can over sell and you work seven days instead of seeing your family.. once people realize there kids  more... are more important and they are missing to much with how the system works they eventually leave. Definitely a favorites game on all shifts and in the office.
They treat there operators like machines then fire or people quite and then they are short staff constantly and expect the people that are barley hanging on to cover them rather then them taking the time to realize they themselves are ruining the business for the lack of compassion for there employees and how to fix the problem..
On a plus note if the big wigs come in you get a free shirt and a meal usually !!!! So there is that .
Pros
health insurance
Cons
managment
Repetitive work for good money.
Cast Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NH 03103February 27, 2019
Great place to work starting out. Little amounts of career advancement so not meant to work a for longer than a few years unless you have prior management experience or a college degree.
Decent pay for a small town
INJECTION MOLDER (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KYFebruary 13, 2019
The turn over rate is ridiculous!!! They expect you to bust your tail for years and never move up the ladder. After so long of working their management finds a way to push you out the door. The molders receives no respect although they are some of the most important people working there. The minorities will never move up past team leads or auditors.They are still considered scum in the eyes of Many. Trelleborg would actually be a great place to work if the same opportunities were offered equally. It is a great place to learn new skills and meet different people.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Unequal opportunity
Good pay and benefits, poor management
Senior Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 22, 2019
Good work environment but poor management. They are such backstabbers.

I had a poor supervisor with very poor people skills. He liked to talk negatively about my coworkers. I am sure he talked about me when I was not around. I don't understand how they can keep a moody and angry person in a key position.

Good benefits and pay
Pros
Good work and life balance. Good working enviroment
Cons
Terrible management.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MIJanuary 21, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is the relaxed environment, the flexible hours and great co workers. I've enjoyed working here and look forward to many years to come.
Pros
Lots of flexibility
Cons
can't think of any
Stressful and back stabbing
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIJanuary 7, 2019
Plant manager and HR person find any reason to fire people your constantly looking over your shoulder making the work environment very stressful there are some good people that work there but there are many that run to management and turn you in for any little reason they get turned into OSHA and when they come to investigate management puts a bandaid on the problem until OSHA leaves and things go right back to where it was your just a number they don't care if you have a family that needs you
Pros
Some of the people
Unsafe Work Environment with little pay
MOLDER (Former Employee) –  Carmi, ILDecember 12, 2018
The average temperature at Vibracoustic was around 110 F constantly. However, you were only allowed to take any sort of break once every 2-3 hours and only for about 5 minutes.

The managers cared little for the workers and the pay was atrocious compared to similar companies within the 50 mile area. The human resources manager at the time cared only for company profits and not about the workers as well.

No safety equipment was provided although it was required. All equipment had to be paid for out of pocket and you were not allowed to work without them.
Pros
The matched 2% on 401k
Cons
The healthcare plans were decent, low pay, no bonuses, no compensation packages.
Vibracoustic was a multiteam factory and treated everyone the same
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, MIOctober 11, 2018
From my experience was the best job I had but was very strict on attendance no matter what the situation was you can learn a lot of new skills and training
Pros
Overtime, heathcare 401k, skills
Cons
Short breaks, points
If you can stand the heat,then this jobs for you.
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Carmi, ILSeptember 25, 2018
It's hot, that's something you should know right off. It's fast paced, and detail oriented. The pay is decent, and the people are friendly. Management always has their game faces on, no room for slack.
Everyday this company strives to be bigger and better. Safety is always number one priority. The quality of craftsmanship is second to none.
Pros
overtime available
Cons
summer is hot!
Great Employee Base
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MISeptember 20, 2018
I started off as an intern here and was hired full-time after graduating college. This is a company that was on the top of my list because of my internship experience. The employees are dedicated, helpful, and very kind. I believe Vibracoustic has a great company culture and does a very good job of taking care of its employees. HR was also very helpful with the hiring process and signing up for benefits. I recommend this place if you are looking for a solid company with competitive pay and benefits.
Pros
Great Employees and Culture, Engaging, Sense of Worth
Cons
Can get really busy or slow but that is to be expected in the automotive manufacturing industry
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 19, 2018
Great company, excellent pay and benefits.Strong management, who cares about the employees. Management are down to earth and treat you as an equal. Human Resources go out of their way to help employees, whether it be company related or personal. I have never witnessed this before in the company's I have worked in, in the past. I am very happy here, and am fortunate to be part of the Vibracoustic team!
Pros
Excelent pay and benefits. Great management team, and friendly employees.
Cons
I can honestly say I do not have anything negative to say.
Excellent place to learn and grow
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MISeptember 19, 2018
I had and still have a lot of opportunities to learn and grow inside the company!!! Motivated and friendly employees helps to solve daily business issues and teaches us to do better all the time!!!
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
culture of experienced employees
Friendly People, Good Processes
Dimensional Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ligonier, INSeptember 19, 2018
All the people I've met have been friendly and helpful. Most people seem to enjoy their job, at least well enough to stay. My own work doesn't seem exceptionally demanding compared to a previous job, although the tolerance for errors is a bit smaller. I am especially happy with the engineering controls that prevent bad parts from making it through the line or too many WIP parts from stacking up.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Fast based Tier 1 automotive supplier with innovative products
Engineering (Current Employee) –  EngineeringSeptember 19, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Vibracoustic. Excellent coworkers with good collaboration among departments. Vibracoustic has strong growth in its sector, so there are no job security concerns. Management has never hesitated to invest in my training/development, and they have provided a path to ever increasing roles within the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits, both hard and soft
Vibracoustic's NA HQ in South Haven, MI
Logistics Engineer (Current Employee) –  South Haven, MISeptember 19, 2018
Vibracoustic's South Haven location is its NA HQ. Many may recall it as a Trelleborg location, but that joint venture no longer exists. Vibracoustic is a German owned company and part of the Freudenberg Group. (Think German GE) . . . It's a great place to work. Competitive pay, great benefits, great work/life balance and a great team culture. I've worked at small and large corporations and this feels like both in a positive way. Global footprint that provides unlimited career growth, yet the South Haven HQ is an intimate setting that wouldn't overwhelm entry level team members.
Pros
Culture, Health Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Short Commute from Holland

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIBRACOUSTIC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight