Vibrant Credit Union Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very intense job
Personal Banker/ Loan officer (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILApril 25, 2018
My position was a Personal Banker.Training was done poorly, help was not available for questions, if you referred to the user manual due to you had no one to help you were later punished for not finding help. Your job is always on the line if you do not meet their extremely high sales quota and they make you well aware of it. You are informed to not get up from your desk besides your breaks even if you are looking for a leader to help you with a issue. Leadership tends to roll their eyes at you and assume you know everything about the company even though you just came out of training. The pay is very good but not worth the stress they give to you. During your first week they make you feel like this is the best company and decision you've ever made with their corny games, high fives, and millions of selfies but in reality after the first week it is nothing like that...
False Narrative
Service Department (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 20, 2017
Where do you start. Unless you are willing to sell your soul do not I repeat DO NOT work for this place. Managers are mean and rude and are all in cahoots with each other if they don't like you. You can find somewhere a lot better than this place.
Pros
They will pay you ok but job security is not good
Cons
All the above
Motivational Moments Save the Day
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 18, 2017
Vibrant is a great place to work. You just have to make sure you do your job and not look to advance to quickly. Help at the top does not come as it should.
ok
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Bags Alley is an awesome high five street. Motivation every morning. Positive vibes, even if they are fake. Very nice building Diner style lunch room.
Emphasizes on Fun in the Workplace
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILAugust 17, 2017
This emphasis comes as a cost because many employees feel valued in their position with the form of compensation, yet are continually given more responsibilities to their role without increased pay.
Ok place
Member Service Representative (Teller) (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILMay 9, 2017
Things there change too often under new ownership. They say one thing and then do another, It is very hard to follow what is expected of you and members do not appreciate the constant change
Pros
Good benefits
Great place to work!
Vibrant worker (Current Employee) –  Quad CitiesJanuary 13, 2017
Vibrant really is an amazing place to work. Between the people, the culture and the benefits- there is no place like it! Leadership truly wants workers to be happy. Vibrant has a strong work ethic and does expect a high level of production, but loves to rewards workers for meeting and exceeding goals! Fast pace and fun atmosphere.
Pros
Great benefits, free gym, fun culture
Cons
There are always changes happening, sometimes hard to master things.
Advancement Opportunities
Servicing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 11, 2017
There are many opportunities to advance and move up at this company. There are many positions opening that you can learn and build more skills at. It is a good starter company to begin your financial career.
Best place to work!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 22, 2016
I've worked for seven companies during my career. By far, Vibrant has been the best place to work. expectations and growth goals are high but the rewards match! I wish comp was a little higher but is it ever enough?
Pros
Vacation policy, insurance plan, 401k and motivational moments.
Cons
Not a con: if you're not willing to work in a fast pace environment, vibrant's not for you.
Forever Changing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 20, 2016
Vibrant Credit Union strives to do the best by each employee but lately they are falling short. The company is ever changing which makes it hard for the employees to feel like they truly have a grasp of their role. Each change the credit union makes seems to take effect immediately without any planning or notice - that itself causes concern amount all staff and moral goes down.

Some days it seems like Vibrant care more about having fun then getting the job done correctly. Fun is a requirement each morning regardless of what is going on within your role/department.

Individuals are promoted quickly sometime with little to no knowledge of their new role. Due to the quick promotions and lack of training most areas within the credit union are not well equipped to succeeded day to day.
Be Vibrant
Talent Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Moline, IL.December 19, 2016
You'll notice the difference from day one of working here. I have never worked for a company that puts as much value in their employees as they do their members. Our leadership team is consistently going above and beyond to make sure we are all appreciated.

In other jobs, I've had to mold my personality around the company and be someone I'm not. With Vibrant, it's not that way. They allow me to be myself and give me the power to control where my career goes. The opportunity for advancement is there as long as you're willing to work hard and be dedicated.

Vibrant isn't for the meek; it's for those who want to shout from the rooftops that banking doesn't have to be boring. My co-workers are Vibrant in every aspect of their life and we aren't just co-workers, we're family. I love coming to work knowing that my efforts are appreciated by not only my managers, but by the members we serve.
Pros
Hours, Atmosphere
A Vibrant Culture
Executive (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILDecember 19, 2016
Vibrant is a unique place to work. There is a healthy emphasis on having fun and engaging with teammates coupled with a strong work ethic and shared accountability. There is a consistent emphasis on creating unique and memorable experiences for members. The organization as a whole is very forward thinking and willing to explore budding industry trends and technologies to ensure that we're ahead of the curve in terms of the products and services that we offer.
Pros
Dynamic Culture, Good Benefits, Forward Thinking Organization
Cons
Not necessarily a con, but change is constant, which can create discomfort for folks comfortable with status quo.
Lots of changes
Manager (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILNovember 3, 2016
It's all fun and games at first but then everything changes and you realize what a negative environment you are in. The Leadership team only looks out for themselves and not the "little people." Decisions are made without consideration of the consequences.
Member Oriented
Financial Service Officer (Former Employee) –  Milan, ILFebruary 8, 2016
Actively develop new business, and expand existing member relationships. Process Consumer, Equity Loans, and Visa lines of credit request in accordance with credit union underwriting guidelines. Analyze applicant financial status, credit history, and security offered as collateral to determine whether to approve or deny a loan.
Management has the best of intentions to grow the company. It just feels like too much too fast, that can leave the employees feeling that management is not able to follow through on their word or promises.
The hardest part of the job is that every member of the management team has a different focus. One will say its about the customer experience, one wants loans, loans, loans, and another wants to increase membership by opening new accounts. I did not feel like there was a clear focus of expectations because each person was on a different page wanting to achieve different goals.
Building member relationships and being able to help them with their financial needs. There is nothing more rewarding than members bringing me gifts because I helped them. Members would also wait in the lobby when I was already busy with another member because they only wanted me to help them. Maintaining customer relationships was the best part of my job!
Pros
Growing
Cons
Indecisive
They try to have fun but there is no respect
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 28, 2016
I do not wish to comment at this time.

Some of the co-workers were great.
Not a lot of respect for others.
They try to have fun but just is a chore.
Different rules for different people
Pros
Very few
Cons
Several
Fun Place with Great People
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Moline, ILJanuary 9, 2016
Every morning is started with a "motivation moment". It's 15 minutes of our morning before we open where we play a game to get our body and mind ready to face the day. We go about the day helping customers the best we can. Vibrant has a great staff with supporting management.
Bad work environment. Bad management.
Will not state fear of getting in trouble (Current Employee) –  Moline ILOctober 13, 2015
Management doesn't work with you. Training is very poor. You are assigned a branch to work at without asking you if this will work for you. You can also be moved to another branch with only one day warning. If a mistake is made and someone else was involved which has a higher title then you they will not support you by stepping in an admitting that they were in the wrong also. I would never recommend this employer to my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
No support, bad training, low pay