VIC THE PICC

VIC THE PICC Employee Reviews

Has been a good experience.Has been a good management experience. Have been able to watch a company mature and grow extensively. I have made great friends!
Challenging position at times due to the nature of going into multiple and varying facilities placing PICCs. Enjoy being a vascular access nurse and this job allows me to continue to challenge myself. Love the autonomy with support from manager and other service lines.
Pros
Autonomy, Vascular access
All they care about is making money off of their clients. Many times I get sent to a case that I just came from an hour ago and told them theres no other access available or I recommend another type of access like a picc. But they still want to send me just so they can charge the facility/client. Pay was good at first then after 4 year of working they drastically reduced the pay rate. No where near what it was before and with a one day notice. Real professional.
I have been at VIC The PICC for almost 3 years now. I was employed as a billing specialist. Within 2 months I was giving the opportunity to learn how to do Accounts Receivables. Just with any other job you have to be willing to learn and step out of your comfort zone. I have learned many things from working here. Working here has been a great learning experience, of course, some days are more hectic than others.
I worked for the company for a whole year! I had to leave due to college. As an office assistant, your duties include the following but not limited to: filing, checking inventory (medical supplies), packaging/mailing, entering data in the database, and taking the company vehicles to the auto shop for maintenance, etc. The CEO(s) are amazing individuals! The work culture is aeesome! The company celebrates all staff birthdays including other festivities!
Leave a review. Help people like you.
I started off as a perdiem nurse then moved to full time. Fringe benefits are good and PTO is fair, however scheduling is flexible and I have not had any problems getting time off when requested. Recent 401 k witj match just added. There are opportunities to move around within the company and was able to tranfer when I moved as Vic The Picc is in multiple States. Compensation is good And I enjoy my coworkers
Pros
Good working environment and company structure
Cons
Hours can vary some flexibility is needed with shift start times
They are very rude and slave drivers you work 10 hours days 6 days a week for 13.00 and hr. They are waaaayyy understaffed so 2 people one morning and one relieves for lunch and then she leaves if you work over night you will not be able to eat as someone is required to be by the phones at all times. Or be literally caused out you arr expected t This again is a 24 HR pic line nurse dispatching company
Horrible place to work. During the interview process they make Vic the Picc the place to work and that they are the s... at what they do. But the truth is the owners are the main reason for error. They are disrespectful and have no professionalism about them. They let everyone know your mistakes instead of give you the tools to succeed. tsucceed. Always bash on ng newboes.
Being on call takes adjustment and is not easy. I am contracted employee so to speak, you are paid per procedure. Procedures are not guaranteed therefore pay is variable and not consistent. We aren't off offered full benefits ie minimal PTO earnings, no short term or long term disability, no retirement or matching programs as at the hospitals. Scheduling is scattered and set schedules are not the norm and often aren't available in smaller territories. My territory numbers/volume have been dwindling to where it is no longer viable to be full time. As a part time or per diem job it would be suitable for some one seeking occasional work. There is a lot of driving and late hours if the territory is spread out. That being said, Vascular Access nursing is highly rewarding once an expert level is obtained. Few reach that level and many are not suited for the stressors of the job. It is hard, requires quick critical thinking, coordination, and finesse but it is the most rewarding accomplishment to be able to impact the lives of your patients, the nurses, and Doctors in such an incredible manor.
We should get paid for our travel time as well as visits we traveled to. I never knew my hours when traveling for them and they expected me to go out after hours when I had worked all day for them
You have the opportunity to learn and advance your skill set vastly. They are very family oriented and understanding. The office staff and field staff all get along.
Pros
Work environment
Owners are cold, always seem unhappy with the work people do and their lives. They talk about others behind their back, if they want someone gone they nit pick at everything and make them miserable until they quit. The owners argue and bicker with each other and definitely favor family members. There seems to be some activities that aren't on the up and up there. Its an unhappy and cold atmosphere. They can't decide how things should be done and blame the person doing the work for their inability to figure out the process.
Pros
I no longer work there.
Cons
I had the unfortunate "opportunity" to work there.
very organize staff and they care for the employee.I love the flexibility with them and keep me update with all my requirements. will stay working with the company
Small start-up niche vascular access business in the medical services industry. Currently in eight pacific states, making strides toward nationwide coverage.
Pros
ideas are welcome
Cons
healthcare not covered
Unfortunately the turn over rate there is the worst ive seen yet. The office staff of high position belittle the rest of the team. Very lax on people calling in.not well staffed.
  1. Employee Reviews