Vice Media Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Casual and messy
Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 13, 2018
Vice was a chaotic work environment. Very young staff, fun vibes, but not a lot of room to grow withing the company. Not very friendly work place either.
Pros
Free snacks, beautiful office
Cons
work culture
I only was asked for 5 photos.
Contributing Photographer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
This was a freelance gig. They were familiar with my work so they asked me for 5 photos, I submitted, they were approved, and I got paid. I can't comment on their office environment.
Productive and competitive
Screenwriter (Former Employee) –  BelgradeMarch 14, 2018
Working there was a great expirience. People are very polite, hard working and goal oriented. Best choice for any young man who wants to work in media or show business.
Truly life-changing experience
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 12, 2018
I had a great experience working here as a Research Associate. It allowed me to finetune my research skills and expand on my writing for current events.
Challenging Work Environment
Producer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 27, 2018
VICE was an incredible jumping off point for me. I learned a ton about my craft, the industry and how to collaborate with others under tight deadlines.
Relaxed but Unprofessional Environment
Junior Accounts Payables (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 16, 2017
Too laid back to the point where work doesn't get done. Definitely a place to start your career but not grow it. Management wasn't the greatest, definitely gets unnecessarily stressful.
Pros
Relaxed culture, young company
Cons
poor management
Cool company, terrible management
Editorial (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 4, 2017
Your experience working here will be totally dependent on the department you work in. My department had terrible management and this resulted in multiple firings of people that should not have been terminated or were not given a fair chance. They expect employees to work themselves to the grind and give little back in terms of respect or pay. It is most definitely still a boys' club and the company's priorities are HBO, tv, and video so that's where the attention, thanks, and money goes. If you plan to work in any of those areas and are male, I'm sure you'll have a great time.
Pros
Free beer, cool people, snacks
Cons
Management, pay, job security
Vice style over substance
Writer/Associate Producer (Former Employee) –  Venice, CAJune 22, 2017
Working at VICE everyone was stressed and overworked. However, along the way it gave me some valuable experience writing, producing, and developing content. So for that, I am extremely thankful. It was a hard place to work due to poor management and lack of attention to the Los Angeles office but I liked how you had the opportunity to prove yourself in other ways. Its a challenge I'd like to see in all my future employers.
Unstable work enviroment
Senior Analyst, Analytics (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2016
Great compensation and great mid level management, but leadership is severely lacking. An extremely fast pace borderline rushed environment, leads to simple disorganization errors on all levels, yet also trains you to think on your feet and learn quickly. Met many interesting people.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits
Cons
Leadership
Busy atmosphere, great content and professional staff with great pantry
VICE/HBO (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 11, 2016
Everyone there is professional and very busy. Long hours at times. Pay rates could be better. Best pantry I've ever seen in a workplace and espresso machines!
Productive and fun place to work
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. I come into work everyday and am always pleasantly surprised with how creative and ambitious all my colleagues are.
Great
director (Former Employee) –  Toronto and all over North AmericaJanuary 20, 2016
I developed and produced an original one hour doc series for Viceland. The new TV Network for VICE Media. It was challenging but great. The show had some kinks to work out, but we producing a beautiful, original doc series that will blow people away.
Pros
Great work.
Cons
Slow notes.
Challenging
Video Producer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2014
The company has a large pool of talented individuals. But they still are still trying to figure out how to manage their always growing team which creates challenges in the work environment. Please be advised when applying for a position at Vice.
Challenging but Rewarding
Blogger / Journalist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2014
I have been working for VICE media's music column since Summer 2014 interviewing artists in Atlanta and then writing about the experience. I work remotely since they do not have an office in Atlanta. I have learned how to communicate with coworkers long distance and how to independently manage several projects at once.
Pros
Work from home, meet famous people in the music industry
Cons
Bad communication, Not enough hours
Great entrepreneurial culture and growth oppertunities
Director of Experiential Marketing (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 11, 2014
Starting with less than 50 employees, it was really a great experience to work with top management to shape the next evolution of VICE.
Fun environment with intelligent people
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Got to work with the most modern of companies. Learn what's going on around me and adapt
Good people with good cultural perspective.
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 9, 2014
Vice magazine offers great people who have a superior perspective to how the world operates. Vice taught me the basics to what an entry level public relations associate what do. I learned to communicate with the press, create media contact lists, write press reports (both internal and external), and work with events logistics. Overall, my time there was valuable as Vice treated me more than an intern.
A Madhouse Run By Madmen with Amazing Content
Post-Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 25, 2013
Vice is a North American magazine that is focused on international arts, culture, and news topics.
Creativly stimulating work environment with young and talented professionals
Intern (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 23, 2012
I love coming to work every day. I am treated with respect, despite the fact I am an intern. Everyone that I have met is easy to work with and answers all of my questions.