Viceroy Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Lead Concierge (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Viceroy Hotels are a great company to start your hospitality career. Viceroy provides hands on training, amazing managers, and great work environment. Growth within Viceroy Hotels depend on what direction you take your career. Typically, there are opportunities within the front office.
Pros
Benefits, Managers, Growth, Training, Schedule
Cons
Can't think of any cons
team work is the best
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Brickell Point, FLOctober 20, 2018
housekeeping is hard and difficult job to do but have a passion for this job get it right and you love what you do not only for the money it's more
Pros
breakfast and lunch was good also free
Cons
everything perfect
Great
Competitive salary for therapist
Beautiful spa
I enjoyed working at Viceroy when it was still open in Brickell Miami
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJune 9, 2018
Working as a manager was not the greatest. There was very little support from the other managers and less from upper management. Micromanagement was common, and the insurance was unreasonably expensive and nearly doubled year over year. The difference in salary from hourly is almost completely lost due to the different insurance rates management has to pay.
Great Venue
Event Services Agent (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 7, 2018
In dealing with events within a Viceroy, I find it to be a very niche venue with notable clientele. The management is proactive, the shifts are engaging, and the staff is a strong family.
Temporary Contract
Reservations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 24, 2018
Even though I was given the opportunity to work on a temporary contract, the workplace culture was very welcoming since the beginning. I had a regular office hours, my manager lead by example. She was definitely a leader and I have enjoyed my time working with her.
mngmnt is rude
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
hotel staff and management arent synced with employees and do not understand the daily job functions nor appreciate good performance . selfish place to work at. constant change of staff.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
lack of supplies
great company, great culture
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 27, 2017
Worked with firm before acquisition. great culture, great management, great platform to learn about the hospitality industry. Great exposure to hotel guests at all levels
Excellent and above average company to be employed by
Vice President of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles CaliforniaMarch 15, 2017
Excellent company with great overview of operations and concern with colleagues. Fantastic designs conducted by their designer and implementation of said designs per locality and hotel.
Pros
Excellent employers
Cons
N/a
Room for advancement
Reservations Agent / Group Rooms Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 26, 2017
Between the culture, the product, and the environment Viceroy was by far my favorite place to work. I highly recommend Viceroy to anyone looking to grow in the hotel industry.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no free parking
Fun place to work at
Front Office Supervisor/Reservations (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2015
Luxury hotel. Parking offered to managers. Cafeteria with ok food. Only 162 rooms. Lot's of care for employees. Lot's of team building with previous GM.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
no room for growth
Interesting, but not in a good way
Front Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 31, 2015
Busy work environment, generally understaffed. Upper management (going to the very top) is a joke. They don't have much respect within the industry. The pay is okay if you can deal with the favoritism and politics. I have never seen a property where titles were created out of nowhere and given to people who had absolutely no qualifications to be in that position. If you are not in the "click" might as well be completely out.
Great to Work
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 23, 2014
Being part of Viceroy Hotel group since October 2012 and working Task Force for various of their properties to unify properties to corporate specifications an standards has given the international exposure of IFRS to my statewide career in where a broader professional spectrum is acquired.
Viceroy
Valet/Front Drive Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Snowmass, COFebruary 18, 2014
Good hotel to work for.
High end clientele
strong sense of team among staff
Productive and Challenging Workpalce
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Working for Viceroy was overall a good experience. My co workers were amazing and were what kept me excited for work. Direct management were friendly and helpful as much as they could be. However they were constantly under staffed which made everyone job much more difficult.
Incompetent Management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COOctober 7, 2013
Pro: Great co workers, excellent food and kitchen. Long lasting friendships gained. Excellent discount program.

Con: They care very little for their employees. Always felt my job was in jeopardy and I could very easily be replaced. Incompetence is rewarded as hard work goes unappreciated.I always had to keep an second job because I never felt secure.
boutique hotel
Room Service Order Taker (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 5, 2012
i truly enjoyed working here. it was a very fun and classy place to work. i was taught to treat everyone with importance and respect.

i have worked in room service for about 7 years and i love knowing that my job has made a guest stay memorable. whether its for business or leisure i provided the best possible stay for them
Pros
free lunch, employee parties
Productive and fun with walking club, pingpong table, etc.
Accountant/Finance (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 24, 2012
I work daily with busy and professional environment and I really enjoy working here and just too far commutting.
I learn about hospitallity industry and enjoy working with my co-workers becuase they are very pleasant and professionals.

The hardest part of job is when I need to prepare reports in 30 mins for executives and I need to do everything accurately, correctly under pressures but I manage my time very well.

the most enjoyable working here is learning type of different people, diversity, culture, and ideas, etc.
Pros
getting hotel employees discount and f&b discount.
Cons
driving traffic and is too far too commute.
Productive and fun workplace
Spa attendant (Former Employee) –  Miami,FLFebruary 27, 2012
Fast pace,high scale spa with indoor pool with much diversity.