Victor Valley College Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Productive workplace, fast paced at times
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 19, 2018
I was a student in the restaurant management program, which basically was like an internship where I served the faculty and staff at victor Valley College
Pros
Free meals, teamwork
Cons
No pay outside of student financial aid if you receive that.
This was a temporary work study position
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 12, 2018
I prefer not to comment regarding this employer. However, everyone has to go through the hiring and training process to elaborate on their own experience.
Pros
Worked closely with management and training
Cons
Temporary position
Nice work environment
Library Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 10, 2018
Victor Valley College provided a great job with a flexible schedule for a College student. I learned a variety of things about customer service and how to create a great work environment.
Great People
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 6, 2018
My experience was great. I worked with professional workers and staff on a daily bases. I would teach in the classroom at Silverado High School in Victorville. I taught the student Phlebotomy related skill in order for them to receive their Ca. State Phlebotomy certification.
Working at VVC
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Working at VVC was a great place to work. I worked directly with students and administrators. I helped with financial aid and counseling. I thoroughly enjoyed the staff and learned a lot working with students.
Pros
Working enviorment
Cons
Hours and pay
Great place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I liked working here. My co-workers were very helpful with helping me out with anything that I needed help with. A typical day would be either shredding papers, making some copies and just your regular day to day clerical work.
Collaborative work environment
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 20, 2018
Victor Valley College is a great place to work. I have found it to be disorganized at times; however, everyone is very helpful and the climate is very supportive.
Pros
Collaborative and caring
Cons
Can be disorganized
Productive, easy going days
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Days were easy enough and productive enough to keep you occupied and not bored. Management is friendly, yet biased with certain staff members. Lack of hours and chance for career progression create a very lackluster work environment.
Good job
Bear Valley rd- Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 6, 2018
-Good part time job for students.
-flexible hours
-everyone was nice and courteous
-Easy job and there were instructors that were understandable and willing to help.
Needs positive fair management
Reserve campus police officer (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 27, 2017
Was a great place to work but has declined greatly over the years. No room for growth with in the department. No faith in management. Poor morale and no team work. Lack of trust with in the department. Generates so much negativity . Overall unhealthy work environment
Pros
Good location
Cons
Poor management
Good excellent
Server, Cashier, Cook. (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 13, 2017
Overall good experience. Would recommend to others . stays in communication directly to employers to customers. Great experience to build a tean for each section
Contract work barely pays
Veteran Administration (VA) Work Study (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 9, 2017
I work as a contract worker (short-term) and only was paid minimum wage for no more that 30 hours per week. The work itself was very repetitive and had few challenges, however, there was much demand to get it done as thoroughly as possible and fast.
8 out of 10 students would be understanding while the other 2 would become very argumentative, vulgar, and occasionally threatening. That would be the hardest part of the job knowing that students rely on the financial aid to make ends meet. The rewarding part of the job is knowing that I had a small part in the students success once they graduate. The work environment itself is very mellow and relaxed, but very professional. This is also true to for the management.
Peer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CANovember 7, 2017
Working at VictorValley College was an amazing experience and I would definitely work there again. Simply because the environment was healthy and I enjoyed my job at VictorValley College along with the Education they provided me with
Pros
Good People
This is where I attended college, not work
Student (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 30, 2017
This is a college, and not a job.
I think Indeed has made a mistake.
Perhaps, they can fix it?

I enjoyed attending VVC.

Fun friendly and resourceful.
Pros
location was close to home
Cons
Parking was crazy
A friendly environment focused on education for the future
Phlebotomy Class Assistant (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAOctober 16, 2017
I started working at Victor Valley College as their phlebotomy assistant about a month ago. This phlebotomy class is also the class I attended to become a licensed phlebotomist. I am teaching the students about correct way to perform lab draws and will soon be taking on teaching the students easier and more fun ways to remember tube tops and their additives. My first task at this job was to do inventory for the class and before I knew it we were doing skills and interacting with students. It has been fun doing tasks for the professor of the class and interacting with the students. I hope to continue to learn and prosper with the phlebotomy program because I believe it is beneficial to relearn material about the career if you want to see yourself thrive in it. This job is indeed keeping me educated about the art of phlebotomy. My boss is also the professor for the class and he is really well at communicating about tasks he needs for me to do for the class. our workplace is a relaxed classroom setting. The hardest part about my job is reminding the students to stay focused. The most enjoyable part about my job is helping the students with tips on how to perform a venipuncture.
Pros
non rushed work place, communication with management
Cons
far from my house
A great place for faculty but not administration
Dean (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 25, 2017
The culture at VVC was driven by 3 very strong unions for full time faculty, part time faculty, and classified staff. The goal as I was told the first week of employment as a Dean was to not expect to be around for 4-5 years. The target on my back by the faculty union was clear at year 4. I resigned.
It is productive and the teaching staff is dedicated and commited to making students successful in their career efforts.
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 22, 2017
This school has a great teaching staff and the Child Development Center has a professional and caring staff that made my learning experience fun and fulfilling.
Pros
The pre-school has an excellent teaching staff
Cons
Not enough time as a student teacher
Learning for a lifelong career
Student (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 10, 2017
Continuing my education is the best thing for myself and for anyone who wants to go beyond high school. Victor Valley College is a school with no frills, settled in the high desert. I took one of my courses in a trailer, in dire need of carpet replacement and new chairs and desks. Having said that, Victor Valley College is an excellent school because of its instructors. My biology professor lives in Maryland and flies every weekend to teach in California, saving his weekend for his family. Every instructor I had, loved his/her job teaching. Their passion showed. Junior colleges have some of the best kept secrets: great instructors.
Pros
Learning
Very Eduactional
Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work - very busy and interactive.
Understanding different situations and issue's
Management where very helpful and caring
Different culture co-workers are fun and interesting
Hardest part of the job not giving up with student issue's
The atmosphere that we all created while working was enjoyable and fun.
Pros
Letting us work around our class schedules
Cons
Shortbreaks
Loved my students at VVC!
Adapted Physical Education Specialist (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 8, 2017
Working at Victor Valley College (VVC) was such a joy. My students would range in age from fresh out of high school to senior citizens with variable disabilities.
Pros
Variety of ages and disabilities
Cons
Needed teacher assistants