Victor Valley Union High School District

Victor Valley Union High School District Employee Reviews

United States32 reviews
Great People, just not good supervisors. Other than that it was great! The coworkers are very supportive, the teachers are will accommodating, and the benefits are great.
I enjoyed being part of a job that contributed to helping students excel. My days working at the high school were extremely busy but I enjoyed every minute of it. Although the high school was overcrowded with students, the teachers did their best to help teach all students fairly. There was a feeling of commitment and value in every person that worked there.
Over all this was a great job with very good belifits. After the new law that pass I and a couple of employees were laid off due to low fundings. Great job.
I worked as a substitute. I wanted to work full time but had already moved out of state when a full time position was offered. I highly recommend this district. I enjoyed working for them and the only reason I didn’t stay is because there was not a full time position available for me.
This district is great to work for as a teacher as long as you are credentialed. There are school sites that may be more difficult to work for than others. Each school site has influential employees. The most rewarding part of this job would definitely be the students and being able to provide a positive impact in their lives.
Pros
great schedule
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Working in the district is enjoyable. The district provides for staff development and training inside as well as outside the district. There is support from principles and district office collaborators. Overall it is a nice place to work.
They put student needs first. The district takes the time to evaluate what will benefit the students and then they implement strategies. They have an amazing benefits package for employees.
Horrible environment.

You are better off looking for employment in another school district if you want to work in a productive friendly environment
Instruct students based on common core standards and the c's of education. Created a safe and academically rich environment. Met the needs of all level of students through the use of various of strategies.
Prefer not to even go into detail about this place. To be honest, if you have the right qualifications you could probably go relatively far in this district but I really can't say I know anyone here that was actually happy and most of that can be attributed to poor budgeting planning, and just overall poor management.
loved working there and i wish i can go back however, cant seem to get back in, people were nice and respectful. Kids were awesome and fun to be around, Teachers were very helpful.
As a fun district to work for, to the students, to the staff, to the administrators - VVUHS District compliments the high desert.

The people are personable, and friendly while maintaining a professional work environment.
Clean offices, dust, take out trash, vacuum, mop, clean windows. as maintenance fix doors and locks, fix fences, tile work, light plumbing, light electrical, painting. fix faucets, and sinks, toilets.
The lack of support from administration is very taxing on the soul. Awesome medical benefits and vacation time. Help students in small group or one on one setting.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Lack of administrative support
Most are here for a paycheck and self-promotion, not to help students.

Your value is based on who you know. rather than whether you can actually do the job.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Overpaid, incompetent management. Most are narcissistic bullies.
Very busy, lack of employment.Not enough people to do the job.
I learned to be independent, Do not trust anybody in this company.to be strong.

Very bad management.

Bad experience.

The supervisor administrator.

working without supervision and help students, I love the students who have mental disabilities.They are lovely.
Pros
Racist, Bullying, Harassment, discrimination.
Cons
Great pay, good benefits
Some of the politics in this district are a little bit funky but overall it is a wonderful district to work for in terms of benefits, I have met many amazing people working for this district.
It is a fast paced school with many things happening daily. Flexibility is necessary to adjust to the quick pace. Many supportive teachers and admin. The culture of the school is helping each other, many veteran teachers willing to help. Hardest part of the job is learning time management. Best part of the day is knowing that one student I can help and reach is possible daily.
Pros
late start school
Cons
30 min lunch
my day started out good I learned all my work there that I do now in my life. Management was very bad. work place was good and bad. the hardest part of the job was getting to agree with my main supervisor cause he did not know his job. I really liked working with my co workers that was cool all were very nice.
I find working for the Victor Valley Union High School District to be a fulfilling place. I enjoy working with children, so being employed be the school district allows me an avenue for this.
Pros
Working with students
Cons
short breaks
love working with the teachers and kids, Was an awesome place to work and everyone was kind and respectful. I wish i could go back and work with them again.