Victoria's Secret

3.3Pay & Benefits

Found 2,511 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,128 reviews
secretbragratisdiscountpantystoresalepink

Fun but stressful

I have worked with victorias secret fthat 5 years and for the first few years never had a problem until new management took over. I got demoted, pay was taken away, and i was given a new position. Pay is good everyone starts at $10 an hour. Sometime we work over night 9pm to 6am which is horrible. Sonetimes were given free stuff put lately the company is being cheap. We also get team bonus, if we meet last years goal and exceed we get an extra 1-3 dollars for every hour depending on sales. Discount for employees is 30% on all product except sale

Pros

Free stuff, discount, good pay

Cons

Bad management, no benefits, no vacation time, overnight shifts

fun workplace

Typical retail environment. commission based on sales. hourly was above minimum wage and commission was decent. Management was generally good and always nice.

Victoria's Secret insights

Based on 4,225 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Joke

A simple joke. This company has no dignity towards their workers at all. Morons. Management and paperwork is disorganized. No benefits whatsoever at all.

Pros

Cons

Too many too list

Do not work here

There was a lot of workplace drama sometimes. The management team play favorites and are so lazy. They would pay new people more than those who have been with company for years. It really sucks to have to train people that make more money than you. The raises are pitiful. The store is dirty and there is no real break room. After COVID only the managers were allowed to get bonuses which is unfair cuz they do the least amount of work.

Great Job, badly managed

The job itself is easy. Good discount and freebies.Bad things… Clique heavy. SPA goals don’t always factor in traffic and management likes to announce how you’re ahead or behind to everyone. Management dehumanizes and talks down to you. If you’re good at your job you will be assigned additional tasks and essentially be coaching other employees but don’t expect a raise for it. You are basically just a replaceable body there no matter how well you sell bras or get credit cards.

Do not work at vs & co

They give out a great competitive hourly rate- but they cut your hours every week (almost down to 30) which is how they trick you. Not the same company that it used to be. Payroil is so tight you are doing 90% of the work as a manager there

Can be fun if you enjoy retail

Decent discount and drastically reduced cost option for new bras, fragrances, etc.Late hours Lots of folding, straightening, restocking productSome holidays mandatory, as well as semi-annual sales and inventory

Fun job in itself but very toxic work environment

EXTREMELY poorly managed, not inclusive or diverse. Unorganized and unlogical management. Rarely praised for good work. Favoritism is present at this store. Will not support the sales associates but will support managers and excuse them for their wrongdoings. Will not get paid overtime or recieve any type of bonus while helping out during nights (12am-5am). Employees will be asked to do managerial tasks.

Pros

Good merchandise

Cons

Poorly managed & toxic

Pésimo ambiente laboral

Mucho estrés, te hacen trabajar más de tus horas y obviamente no te pagan las horas extras. No hay crecimiento laboral, tienen mucho favoritismo. La marca y la empresa son buenas pero su personal (lideres) te hacen odiarla.

No work life balance

Love working for the company great benefits. But the company it self be doing too much and associates that been there for years, get treated the worst. If your a manager your only off 1 weekend off a month. If your full time or part time, They want you to be open for them and only schedule you 1-2 days. They make you write in observations for everyday segment you take, which is a waste.

Productive and fun

A fun place to work! Everyone works as a team and management and coworkers are very helpful and supportive. They use a positive reinforcement approach which is one of my favorite things about this company. The only issue I have is the pay scale. I’ve been there almost a year without a raise and they are starting new employees paying them more than what I make. I feel it’s unfair but the rest of the job is great!

Pros

Flexible scheduling

Cons

Under paid

Bad management, toxic environment

Management was rude and often denied requests for time off. During my time here, I was in college and had my availability set for specific hours due to classes. I was scheduled outside of my availability a few times and received negative points when I couldn’t work at those times. Again, my availability was set specifically and they ignored it. The customers are often rude and there are virtually no benefits to being employed there. Often times asked to stay over scheduled hours, or asked to come in at short notice.

Fun work environments

Fun company to work for... give fun bonuses for working the holidays.. they teach you about the products and how to sell them great training. And willing to work with you and give you opportunities of growth and knowledge within the company

Pros

Holiday raffles..to win weekly items

Cons

Short breaks

Productive and Fun

The company and benefits is amazing; I worked as a Chat Agent - Remote Seasonal, and was hoping to be blessed with a FT permanent position; but as a fellow Remote employee, DO NOT BELIEVE THE MANAGER(S) when they tell you to re-apply, use them as a reference, because they would LOVE to have you back.....I was told I was not offered the perm position due to low KPI scores, which was not due to error w/ my system but their Remote Desktop; we were NEVER told about these scores while in training but once we were in production for the 2nd week!!!! I applied again recently when they did the mass hire, used my prev. manager as a reference and emailed HR, ONLY to receive a rejection stating my system didn't meet the requirements!!!!!!! I believe it's deeper than that BUT I won't take it that deep, just to entertain the ignorant lies of those that refuse to be truthful for fear of being retaliated on!!!! I'm too skilled and overly qualified for that type of unprofessionalism. I could've taken this way above in corporate and above them as well, which would probably help the next person w/ high hopes of a permanent position to just be let down and unemployed for more than 6 months!!!! VS has an impeccable social media team, I am sure this will get seen and they will never say a word or reach out to me with any further concern, but YET they still making millions and turn they nose down at people.

Not good

Terrible showed favoritism wasn’t good first job only pays $10 an hour expects the most from you barely any breaks they make you work through them …..

Fun work environment at first

It can be stressful at times . It felt like the management didn't care about me or my mental health . This is a good job for college kids who needs a quick buck for the summer.

Pros

friendships

Cons

low pay

Pésimo ambiente laboral

Te prometen muchos bonos y cuando llega el día de que te lo paguen, te ponen muchas trabas para no dártelo.Los líderes no saben diferenciar entre lo personal y laboral, te gritan y te cargan cosas que no le corresponden a tu área.

Pros

Dos descansos

Cons

Líderes sin estabilidad emocional

It’s retail…

You’re sometimes working from 6am to 2-3 on your feet all the time. But the incentives are great. Your shift changes depending on your availability and it’s hard to move up.

Overall, a perfect place to grow

Always opportunity to grow. Only downfall is short hours during the summer and bills are the same or worse so I would probably recommend getting a second job or back up Olán after the semi annual sale.

Cons

Summer, shorter hours

Stressful and highly pressured by management with low compensation. Only good thing was, you learn a lot of sales and marketing techniques in the job

A typical day at work can be stressful as there are metric goals to meet. As I'm pretty competitive, I didn't mind it at first, but the pay was low and the bonus wasn't that much so it wasn't worth the stress. One manager also expects you to give it all in despite being a part time. They often won't let you leave the store even when it's 15 minutes after the end of your shift. Work here if you want an entry level sales experience and use it for your next job.

Pros

Free VS products every month

Cons

Poor management; poor pay

El salario es proporcional a las comisiones, pero el ambiente laboral es demasiado pesado.

Se gana relativamente bien por trabajar 48hr a la semana. No es pesado el trabajo y te capacitan. Pero el ambiente laboral es frustrante.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Victoria's Secret with

• Victoria's Secret
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?