Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 7,291 reviews matching the search See all 7,940 reviews
A welcoming place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 16, 2019
Victoria's Secret was a company that I was grateful to work with for a short year. The environment was welcoming and always positive, even when times got stressful. All coworkers and management worked together to not only provide guest with the support and positive attitude they needed while shopping but everyone was driven to support other coworkers. You are always learning on the job whether it is through selling product for working on customer service. The motto at Victoria's Secret is "create a customer for life" and through the attitudes provided by everyone working in the facilities, they bring their motto to life.
Do not care for their employees
Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Spent millions of dollars on the 30 min fashion show that doesn’t drive any new customers to their stores. They spent thousands of dollars on glitter alone and their store employees who are truly the face of the company, the ones that struggle day after day, have to deal with poor management and rude customers. There is no career advancement unless the manager really really likes you.
Overall high paced
Brand Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 15, 2019
You really get to know customers in an intimate setting and it can be very rewarding. The company can sometimes have management focus on too many different tasks while trying to run the store.
unorganzied
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 15, 2019
6-8 hour shifts, never enough payroll to provide hours to accommodate associates. The work environment is unorganized and toxic. Management is never on the same page. The hardest part of the job is being happy and working at your best while being stressed. The most enjoyable part of the job is pleasing the customers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks, no benefits
Enjoyed working there
Transitional Coach (Former Employee) –  Kettering OhioJanuary 14, 2019
good people, enjoyed the environment, pay increases were fair, they gave good discounts, made it a very comfortable work place. There was a good consistent training system.
Pros
good atmosphere, casual, behaved as equals
Cons
no diversity, no room for advancement
fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 14, 2019
usually pretty busy, especially during the holidays. theres always something to do which means time goes by fast most the time. good benefits and discounts as well
Productive and fun workplace
SALE SUPPORT GENERALIST (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJanuary 14, 2019
Friendly associates
Management was/is still the best I've experienced
Nothing was hard about the job, if you have the drive, nothing is hard after you learn
Most enjoyable part is seeing my fellow associates
In General
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJanuary 14, 2019
Working at Pink, you start to realize that everything is fast-paced and you need to always keep up with communicating to others. Always customer first, which is always a good thing. You learn to communicate and be able to balance doing many things at once. The hardest part of the job was being able to build a bond with each customer so they could be able to trust you with helping them build their bag. You'll get the hang of it, though. I enjoyed working there during the holidays, as well. The energy was so vibrant. Overall, anyone would enjoy working at Pink. I know I did.
Vs life
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 13, 2019
Everyday was different. Every day had a different goal, a different promotion. I learned how to talk to people . I learned about word playing. I learned alot in this job more than just selling. I learned there is such a thing as favortism as well. The best part was working with my coworkers we all got along and made sure we were getting the job done. Only compliant would be management. they never cared about what you had going on. like who cares you need a transfer and your job is an hour away now. and then get fired. meanwhile they get late and they fix it.
Pros
easy, great pay
Cons
management
Best first job I could've ever asked for
Category Supervisor and Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJanuary 13, 2019
This was my first job during college and I was able to move up with the company. I really loved my team, management, and the incentives. As I got older and the work life balance became an issue just due to holidays, but hey thats retail so I don't blame them. Growth is there. Training is there. If you express you want to move up they will invest in you. Benefits are amazing. They actually were going to be even better as I was leaving.
Fun and outgoing coworkers
Merchandise Flow Supervisor & Sales Support (Former Employee) –  SoHo, NYJanuary 13, 2019
A typical day during shipment processing is making sure of product availability for the customer and for the next visual move on the floor. As a stock associate the store's inventory with both the stockroom and sales floor is priority.
I learned time-proficiency is important because of factors such as direct/indirect customer service in your scheduled time, and completing the task at hand, because managers take that serious coming from a stock/sales associate.
Management comes and goes in the retail business, but particularly for this company, managers bring a business mindset at all times.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with uncooperative customers. Unfortunately not all customers come in a good mood while shopping If you ever feel uncomfortable in a situation, try to get a manager to assist you.
The best part of the job is the opportunity to grow within the your own store or within the company. All of the little things get noticed so you will get the recognition you deserve.
Manger
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAJanuary 12, 2019
It was great working there it just felt like highschool to me. I was good In sales . I was a new coworker makin good commission. More harder I worked it seemed the manager didn’t like that I was excelling
Pros
15 min break 45 min lunch
Cons
Poor management/ favoritism
Part Time Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 12, 2019
As part time sales, you have to park at least 10 minutes prior to shift to be able to walk in and clock in on time. Holiday/weekend parking is a nightmare at the mall, so showing up early is definitely recommended. Arrange for drop off and pick up if possible - more so for holidays than just regular, off-season weekends.
Meeting sales for the day is a must, and if your department does not, be ready to get your hours cut short. Everyone gets on-call hours, and you have to call in two hours prior to the on-call shift to find out if you're needed to work that day. If your on-call shift is 4pm to 8 pm, the earliest you can call in is 2pm and sometimes that made it hard to plan your day.
You will fold panties. A lot of panties. Keeping the panty bars under control and neat is definitely the hardest part of the job. It doesn't matter what your job is, no one is exempt from panty bar duty.
The most enjoyable part is getting new product. This is what VS people live for. Company trains the sales and fitting room staff on new bras religiously, and that's why we know so much about them. You also never forget this information. If you work in fitting rooms you can size a woman from 10 feet away by just looking at her.
People will consider this the coolest skill, embrace it.
You will learn how to put product back (go-backs) and the sooner you get organized, the better. You will become a go-back queen/king. Learning how to talk to all sorts of customers is also a great skill to master. Selling is enjoyable when you know what your customer wants/needs.
Pros
Discounts on product
Cons
Weekend and holiday hours are mandatory.
Productive and Growth
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJanuary 12, 2019
A typical day at work depends on where I am scheduled but if I am scheduled as a cashier then I would be helping customers at the register. I could be checking them out, resolving an issue, doing a return, and/or helping them find or order items online.
Management sucked
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, ILJanuary 12, 2019
I loved working here, the girls that I worked with, the fast paced environment but the management there sucked. They are rude and unprofessional to the employees.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Managers
Friendly and Productive Work environment
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MD 20716January 12, 2019
I really loved working for Victora's secret. The environment was stress free, the pay was OK, and I loved my coworkers. We were like one big family. Best retail job I ever had!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Part-time
Not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 12, 2019
The position seemed like an ideal position for me at the time, but there are a lot of hidden jobs that come with being a sales representative, and if you are not aware of these things, the job can be more complex than you initially bargained for. The crew is not as easy-going as they advertise, it's hard to fit in here if you don't have a really over-the-top personality.
Lovely people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 11, 2019
I loved working with my team, they were really kind and helpful. But also extremely har working and enjoyed/ loved their job. Training is really effective and helpful as well.
fast paced
Sales support and generalists (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 11, 2019
managers demonstrate favoritism, lack of hours, unorganized, stressful, rude customers, overwhelmed management, lack of staff, unorganized promotions, insufficient merchandise
Pros
friendly work environment
Cons
management
N/a
Supervisor/Associate (Current Employee) –  Grapevine Mills, TXJanuary 11, 2019
This company was very kind enough to let this be my very first job. They gave me a chance when no one else offered or called me back about a job oppurtunity. I appreciate them. This is a very hard working job. We don't just stand around looking like models we actually work. So if your not a hard worker please don't bother to apply for Victoria Secret.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
42.5K
31.9K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight