Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Busy but fun place to work
Shipment Processor (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHJuly 18, 2018
Stay focused do your work and take it seriously help each other out and do the work you were asked to do so someone isn’t stuck doing what you didn’t feel like doing
Pros
Fast pace, good employees fun to work
Cons
Mall hours
Good pay and some good managers
Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 18, 2018
Good paying job with flexible hours. They have a good request off situation with the computers. Very communicative and work well with your schedule if you have a second job
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
Take you off the schedule because of low hours
flexible hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 18, 2018
Ensure the customers were given the correct measurements and correct items asked for. The hardest part is to increase conversion and each customers bag.
Pros
discount
Cons
sales
Not for me
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 18, 2018
Personally it’s just not for me I work retail however it’s a little bit more than expected I did enjoy helping woman find their way and being part of their journey
Energetic enviornment
Events Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 17, 2018
Typical day of work-Unloading and processing inventory. Doing floor resets. Sales and customer service. Up selling merchandise and credit cards. Always something to do even when times are slow.
Pros
fun environment, good management
Cons
sometimes longer hours than expected
It was an ok job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 17, 2018
The management was not at all what I expected. Apart from that it wasn't all so bad. I made a few associates that were fun to work with. I learned many things while working there. The best park about working there was doing the floor-sets.
Pros
discounts
Decent if your a people person and don't mind retail.
Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 16, 2018
So in a day its customer first as it should be but all employees or managers are not aware of this. Our job is to make the customer feel like we did everything in our power to help them, not to tell them about the policies condescendingly and send them on there way. The company isn't bad if you work with good people like anywhere. Hardest part is my moral self being challenged asking people for to sign up for a card with high interest that you know isnt a great investment, and the company is very wasteful. We damage so many good products brand new clothes and beauty item that may be slightly worn. Worst part no recycling bins and unnescceary paper and plastic on everything. Clearly not a green place to work for the environmentally conscious.
Pros
Good people, Sorority enviroment, Gratis, Bonus
Cons
Credit Cards, Wasteful, No Recycling
productive and fast paced
Cashier/Sales person (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJuly 16, 2018
working with people is the number one priority and something that you will do daily. itś fast paced and you will be on your feet for long hours at a time
ok place
Assistant Store Manager of Merchandising (Current Employee) –  CAJuly 16, 2018
competitive atmosphere a lot of preparation to be in role desire. No career advancement unless you know someone great. Most likely to do overtime depending on promotional changes. No work like balance unless in a lower volume store
Good for some not for most
Operations and Staffing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 16, 2018
Victoria's Secret is an amazing place to shop that values the customer experience over everything. That being said we often work long hours with little to no regard to work life balance to keep up appearances for customers and make sure they have the best experience possible. There is little room for true advancement in the store.
Pros
Fun environment, discount
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no benefits unless full-time regardless of how many hours you work
Super fast paced, not very understanding managemen
Beauty Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
Around the time I quit, Victoria’s Secret gave me a very hard time about not coming in due to me either getting very ill or having family emergencies. My mother was in the hospital at one point and the doctor essentially told me brutally that my mother was going to die. The receptionist and my supervisor were giving me a hard time because I could not come in and hey we’re getting lots of call outs. I wasn’t going to abandon my mom in her possible death bed. They weren’t flexible or empthathetic at all.
Pros
Great discount, great gratis
Cons
Short breaks, not flexible staff and non understanding management
great work environment with many opportunities to advance
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hacienda Heights, CAJuly 16, 2018
flexible working hours
friendly associates
many job perks such as discounts and gratis items
fun and informative work meetings
team based job enviorment
fulfilling but low pay
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHJuly 16, 2018
My job here was fun and energetic and exciting! I got to work with motivated team members on a daily basis to ensure a beautiful and fun shopping environment made customer friendly.
Pros
discount on clothing
Cons
low pay for hard work
Entertaining Work Enviornment
Retail Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 15, 2018
Call in shifts and long, good working hours as cashier. Customer service and money handling is what I gained in more experience. The job was fast and demanding, but I enjoyed it very much. Good music playing, conversations with co-workers was always fun and insightful. Loved the staff I was apart of, for a short period of time.
Pros
Great Work Place
Cons
Short Breaks
Do Nothing Management
Back of House Lead (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 15, 2018
Managers Have Hour long pow wows leaving associates to do all the work. Then they stress when they have to do actual work. When a manager messes up its okay, but a lesser known associate is an idiot.
A fast-paced environment where every day is something different.
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 15, 2018
Victoria's Secret is a fast-paced environment where every day is something different and new. You're always learning and figuring out ways to ensure better customer service. Everyone is friendly and helpful. Working here is like working with family because of how close everyone is.
Stressful but the coworkers/management are awesome
Sales Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 14, 2018
A typical day would be folding panties, organizing product, and cleaning/straightening the store. We also assisted customers in the fitting rooms and out on the floor. There are also employees who check customers out at the cash wrap, making sure they had a great experience. The hardest part of the job is how tedious the work can be and dealing with the customer service aspect. The management is honestly amazing at my location and they strive for individual success as well as team success.
Pros
contests, team atmosphere, the pay, amount of hours you can work
Cons
no health benefits for part-time, holiday season
the hardest part
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAJuly 13, 2018
was not feeling equal to everyone. favorites were definietly played.theres no set schedules. always cancelling shifts. call ins are 1 hour before shift.
Best Place to work!!!!
Fitting Room Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 13, 2018
Victoria's Secret, she really had none! By far, my happiest moments were of working at this lovely establishment! So much amazing people and just a great overall place to work at!
Pros
Free merch!!!
Cons
All the girly drama
Good Opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 13, 2018
Working here offered me good hours and availability that I needed. The management was understanding and wanted to drive the store to be the best it could be.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.3K
31.7K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.