Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 6,950 reviews matching the search See all 7,552 reviews
It was a new experience. I enjoyed it in the beginning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 19, 2018
I feel like the management could be improved but overall it was a new experience for me that was fun. It was a bit overwhelming as well being that it’s always packed .
Pros
Bonus checks if we met our sales
Cons
Work holidays
Good
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 18, 2018
Very good environment , love workig here . Very nice people , good pay . Paid vacation . Very helpful people . Nice are . Discounts . Free lunches . Free perfumes
Fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 18, 2018
I worked at two different Victoria's Secrets and love both places. It's so much fun to get to know the rest of the staff and your customers. You get free samples of new bras or new scents they have come out with. The only downfall is when you are putting out inventory and gets torn up within seconds. You are constantly fixing the store and you get in trouble if it's looking sloppy.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
Short breaks
Retail
SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHSeptember 18, 2018
this is your typical retail job. easy and fun to do, especially when you have a good crew behind you. Can be stressful during peak season. Would highly recommend.
LOVED working here in the beginning; grew to hate it
Sales Associate/ Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 18, 2018
Its such a fast paced lovely place to work when first hired. You get to love the perfume, clothes, bras/underwear. Youre never bored at first and its such a chill environment.

that eventually wears old and the competitive-ness of working here sets in; EVERYTHING is a competition and youre graded like such and judeged by your peers as such as well. No matter how good you think youre doing, a manager or college will find a flaw.
Productive and fun work place with music playing in the background.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I had a really great experience there . The other employees where very nice and friendly. Also the customers where very patient. I wasn’t over worked and I was given senseable hours and breaks.
Stressful and inconsistent
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 17, 2018
Working at Victorias Secret was a new experience for me because it was my first time working in retail. It is a very demanding job for every position. Cashiers have to deal with MASSIVE lines, confusing sales and inconsistent information about said sales. Customers steal ALL THE TIME, youre constantly on watch and people are constantly being profiled by management. Management while I worked there was WAY too involved in the associate drama, a couple of them picked sides which created an imbalance in associates hours and treatment. A lot of women so A LOT of drama. Besides all that i loved the friends i made there. It was definitely an experience.
Pros
30% discount 40% during holidays and Gratis gifts
Cons
short or no breaks
Productive and Goal oriented work place
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Millville, NJSeptember 17, 2018
a typical day at work would consist of coming and and getting all of your necessities for your shift and reading your Monthly and Daily performance. I've learned how to deal with all different people in different scenarios. Weather it was finding them the right bra fit or finding them the right outfit. The work place culture was a little stressful but all in all it is the best. the hardest part of the job would have to be the training process. there isn't really a specific time to get trained so it was just go with the flow method.
Great Working Envirnment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 17, 2018
Although I do not want to work for a corporate company again, and I do not necessarily agree with the way the corporation ran, (i.e. prison labor, promoting impossible beauty standards) I did really like my management team and my fellow coworkers. I have never met harder working women who are determined to make every coworker and every customer feel comfortable and beautiful no mater the situation. After visiting other locations I could truly see that the Eugene location, although it has a much slower pace to the store, the women working there in Eugene cared about their job and performing the best they can.
Pros
Wonderful coworkers, compensation
Cons
on-call shifts
Good place to gain customer service experience
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 17, 2018
Typical day consists of providing exceptional customer service. Hardest part of the job is having to work under stress at times as you provide the best customer service for every customer no matter what. Most enjoyable part is getting your monthly gratis!
Sales support/ Cash lead
Lead Cashier/ Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CASeptember 17, 2018
• Handled all customer payment and credit transactions.
• Assist the Office Manager and/or General Manager with various clerical duties as needed such as balancing and reconciling of cash accounts.
• Attended meetings and trainings on new products to provide customers with a more pleasant experience.
• Presented product to customers in terms of the features, functions and benefits, and recommend additional goods and tailored services based on individual requirements.
Gained exceptional communication and interpersonal
Great Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 16, 2018
The staff was amazing and so helpful! They really helped out when you first start and are willing to help you learn! The environment was very women empowering!
Fun work
Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 16, 2018
Fun and get freebies to try. high pressure for charges and push of sales. hands on with setting up the store. people have great teamwork. big company can relocate easily.
Pros
freebies
Cons
little hours
Fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 16, 2018
Victoria secret oressures you with its very high goals in sales and credit cards. Many of the goals are unrealistic and hard to reach. However the team is very supportive of one another
Pros
Breaks, pay
Cons
Closing the store, hours aren’t as flexible
Think twice
Merchandise Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLSeptember 16, 2018
Like all retail jobs dont go here lookjng for a career. If need extra cash or just a part time job then vs is the place. Other than that they dont appreciate anthing you do.
Just another corporation.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCSeptember 15, 2018
The managers don’t care about the employees. You’re expindible and as long as they’re getting their money they don’t care if you have 30 hours or 4 hours a week. It’s ridiculous and inconsistent, and there is an insane amount of drama between coworkers. extremely catty and gossip oriented.
great work culture and learning opportunities
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJSeptember 14, 2018
I worked with great management and truly supportive coworkers. The job itself is retail, and dealing with costumers comes with many ups and downs, but the learning opportunities overshadowed anything else.
Overall a great place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILSeptember 14, 2018
I think this job is great for any one who is younger and needig extra cash , for me personally i wish there was benefits and full time opportunities available .
Pros
discounts
Cons
no commision
Intense work environment with awesome benefits
Leader (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 13, 2018
Under great leadership it is an awesome company to work for! The benefits and bonuses are great. Loss prevention awareness and customer service is key.
Pros
Great benefits, bonuses, and discount.
Cons
Shoplifters, and stress.
Good money but the Management team is bad
Sales leader (full-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 13, 2018
Every location is different depending on managers but at my location i found that managers were more worried about advancing their own careers at the company instead of focusing on their teams growth as a whole.
Pros
bonus every month if you meet sales goals
Cons
favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.4K
31.8K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss