Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 7,495 reviews matching the search See all 8,172 reviews
Chaos!!
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 22, 2019
Very clickish environment. Other associates will literally walk up and steal your customer. Very fast paced at the register. The store is always a mess so there is always something to be done.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Short break, low pay
Ok company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 22, 2019
Year since I’ve worked there. When I did work there it was an I’m company to work for store manager was racist. The distrust manager knew but lack she done was made the store manger apologize
Some managers terrible others awesome no in between
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 22, 2019
No set schedule
Very few hrs at times
A lot of shop lifters
The older managers are wonderful, so is the store director, younger managers are immature and annoying
Pros
Discount
Cons
Managers with attitude who will belittle you
Great fast paced environment
Visual Merchandising Specialist (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMarch 21, 2019
The fast working environment is awesome, and keeps you on your toes. Normally when I go in to work I get warmed up with the deals that are going on for the day, take a walk through the stock room and the store to check out the new product. If areas in the store look empty then I see if I can push product on the floor to fill areas throughout. My managers are extremely supportive and help solve problems if I feel stumped. Though the culture can be extremely friendly, sometimes it can feel very tense and almost toxic. The hardest part of the job if feeling like you are stuck in the middle of the drama of the people above you. The other hardest part is always having to please the customer, even when they are yelling at you over an expired coupon. The part I enjoy most are working with the standards, and the Brand Guide.
Pros
Advancement in positions, and the discounts
Cons
Drama, being tossed into things, not consitent hours, set up for failure
victoria secret working
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2019
This is a good job for somebody that likes to stay busy and moving. The job is always doing something or having a sales.....LOTS of coupons that be used. Just a lot of stuff to remember in so very short time, but overall the job is very cool and I would recommend working here.
fun work place
Lead Cashier/ Generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2019
i got to meet alot of amazing people and i also got to work with them. I also became a cashier lead which was amazing because i was the one everyone came to when the managers were not around. i was very good at my job.
Great Summer/High School Job
Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 21, 2019
I worked there while attending college and it fit perfectly with my schedule. I loved my team and 10/10 would recommend to others. My manager was the best!!
Pros
Flexible schedules and good discounts
Cons
Not much advancement opportunity
Okay
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 21, 2019
This job started as seasonal work. They hired me on full time after, but they were not flexible with my main jobs work hours, so I was forced to quit.
I did not love this job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 21, 2019
I had a difficult time with my work life balance at this job. I was not able to take off as much as I needed to be able to go home for holidays. I was also not paid a living wage, but since this was just a part time job for me, it was not necessary for me to make more than I did.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low Pay
Sales specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 21, 2019
Need longer breaks, and better pay for those in sales. Especially those of us who have been with the company for years. But it's great for kids right out of high school. Plus you get a lot of free stuff
productive pace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJMarch 21, 2019
its a fast place to work. no good pay but when they have hours they give hours to the associates that work more. you can learn a lot of different tings
Pros
relax
Cons
short breaks
Disorganized
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 21, 2019
Working there was horrible, I was there as a seasonal sales associate but most of the time I was organizing bras, and they didn’t even train me so I had no idea how to help anyone I didn’t know where anything was or what was what. And everything was always a mess that took hours, Really Long hours to organize. The managers where great but had a ton on they had to do too so I’d hardly ever get to ask questions.
Pros
Discount, good pay
Cons
Hours, disorganization
Productive days with lots of pressure
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2019
Lots of coaching and training on a day to day basis focusing on customer service and selling. Run a larger scale store, so it involves a lot of upkeep with associates that do not follow policy and protocol.
Cons
Schedules are a mess, black out dates for holidays.
Loved it
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 20, 2019
Working at pink was wonderful considering I worked at one of the biggest ones. The environment was great from the co workers to the managers. Helped you reach your goal and be able to move up in the company
Sales Generalist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 20, 2019
Plenty of opportunity to learn and expand your communication skills. Working at the flagship store has definitely been an experience like you wouldn’t get in another location.
Pros
Discounts, free items each month.
Great place to work- Awesome Management team!
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Redding, CAMarch 20, 2019
I always had fun working at Victoria’s Secret I received angel of the month twice I feel like they recognize your achievements and would recommend this store to work at for experience in retail/sales.
The only thing is is there are attendance policy is ridiculous even if you are sick and call in a head of time you still get an “occurrence”. You get a half of an occurrence if you are late and when you get a total of six were terminated.
Pros
15 min breaks- gratis- discounts act.
Cons
There Attendance Policy is Terrible.
Loved Working there
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAMarch 19, 2019
I loved working there. It was so nice working with so many supportive ladies. The only reason why I left was due to not being paid enough and it was not in my field of study. It really felt like a family.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no health care, or benefits
Fun working environement.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAMarch 19, 2019
Learned how to communicate with customers in the work environment. Coworkers at the location I worked at did not welcome new associates, need attitude check
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Coworkers
Can be good, can also be bad
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 19, 2019
Worked here for a long time, if you are a good worker then you will get more and more responsibility. If you are not then you will not get rewarded. There were quite a few associates that went to school and worked here. For some of them it seemed like that they had a hard time getting the amount of hours that they wanted. Not as in not enough hours but as in too many hours and some had a difficult time balancing work and school.

Overall compensation was good and most of the time the atmosphere was pretty good. Holiday can be a difficult time like with most retail jobs. Good job
Great Place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 19, 2019
This was a great place to work. I stayed very busy, which I prefer and the discounts were great. Then manager was amazing and fair. I just had to move on it was a college job for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K
42.5K
31.9K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss