Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 7,777 reviews matching the search See all 8,500 reviews
Fast paced
Sales (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 24, 2019
The overly feeling I had when I worked for Victoria’s Secret was not one I would like. They did not accommodate with my school schedule and I truly didn’t feel at home.
Casual workplace, nice environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 24, 2019
Working here was very nice, although it gets very hectic during the season around Christmas time and black Friday. They have major sales protocol to follow.
A horrible place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ukJune 24, 2019
I wouldn't recommend working for this company to anyone, especially in the store that I have come from in the UK. The management are terrible and mean, and as soon as the head manager has left then all work comes to a stop and they group up in the office and leave us to make the money, and if we don't, all breaks loose. Well for most of the staff, if you are a friend of the sub managers then you'll be fine, sent home early if you want, can relax its a very nice life. But very few of the workers are favourites and the rest of us a spoken to like dirt. The overall impression of Victoria's Secret when you shop in store is fake, the customer doesn't come first, the managers bonus with extra sales take priority. The only reason you get personal shopping is to make the managers a bigger bonus during their managing segment of the stores sales.
Did not enjoy my time here.
Merch Flow Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 24, 2019
I felt like there were a lot of expectations without the correct training needed. There was a lot of training for selling, but not exactly for the jobs scheduled. There was a lack of communication at this place which I believe begins with people at the top. In a little over a year there I only saw my DM once. It was not a positive environment and I felt constantly singled out because I was the only male. It was not the place for me.
Fun and fast paced, not flexible scheduling though
Merchandising Manager/Customer Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 24, 2019
Depending on your fellow peers and upper management, this place can be so much fun and competitive to work in! However, put the wrong people in charge and you will be miserable. I was lucky enough to experience both in my time with VS. I absolutely loved my first boss. But when they restructured the management, I was shifted to another store and boy was that hard People can get so full of themselves and make your life miserable. It’s like working in a high school locker room! However, I learned so much and am grateful for the opportunities VS gave me an would def Italy come back if the stars aligned the right way. The hours are long for management. Work life balance is really NOT A thing if you are a manager. Kiss your weekends goodbye, because you are forced to work all but one weekend a month. And the hours are not very flexible unless your boss is willing to be! 90% of them are not! Being A key holder limits how many people are on hand so find g a replacement is tough! Having children in school makes it hard to call out on work because the both need you equally!
Not recommended for a summer job
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NevadaJune 24, 2019
I’m a student in between semesters so I wanted a job for the summer that would be pretty laid back in a store that I like. It was absolutely not what I thought it would be. First, there was literally no training at all. I was thrown in on the first day and was treated badly when I didn’t understand things but no one was there to teach me. I learned through helpful and kind coworkers but the managers were not helpful at all. Second, the hours are ridiculous. For most (if not all) of my shifts I had to stay nearly 2 hours after I was scheduled to leave. Several times, I was told I needed to complete certain tasks in order to finish my shift, when I would complete the task the managers would go back on their word and say “oh actually you need to do this...” and I would be stuck working way after the time I was scheduled to go home. Third, everyone and especially the managers take things way too seriously. They are so pushy about how many measurements you do in an hour, how many transactions you’re responsible for, and extremely pushy about getting people to sign up for the credit card.

I would absolutely not recommend if you’re just looking for a summer job. The managers were pushy and had ridiculous expectations. If you’re looking for an easy gig between semesters, this is not the place.
Heavy Lifting
Part-time while Trainer at Cross (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 23, 2019
My role was seasonal to help move display fixtures to and from off-site storage areas to ensure stock room was up to fire code. I would also work and help assist with line control during the Black Friday holiday weekend.
Pros
Employee discount
Not so Fun
Operation and Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 23, 2019
Management was inconsistent and favoritism was their favorite tool again their employees.Being that managelmenr team was brand new or didn't know anything about human relationships. Good experience for my resume.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Managem and favoritism go hand in hand
Bipolar Work Environment
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 22, 2019
Sometimes I will go into work and have a great, friendly, and empowering shift, and sometimes I will be belittled, put down, and treated poorly, usually by the managers on duty. Associates get along great, manager and associate relations need help, at least in my store
Pros
Good Discount. Good Pay. Places to move up.
Cons
Horrible Coaching
Productive but looking for something better
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 22, 2019
Victoria’s Secret is a nice place to work and for the most part always keeps to standards. They are really good people there but not much opportunity for growth there
Pros
Always busy, fun, family
Cons
Favoritism, bias
Uplifting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02109June 22, 2019
Victoria's Secret as a company is amazing. The mission would be to help females, or any one really, feel passionate about themselves, and about life. It was fun to help ladies feel confident about themselves while picking out the most intimate clothing they could wear for themselves.
Horrible place to work if you are just starting your work life!
Sales an support generalist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2019
I have worked in VS for several months and all I can say is that the management needs to learn how to understand their employees who work really hard to maintain they sales goal per hour, forget about the day. All they care is to sell enough for a day to get their extra bonus on a paycheck! None of the VS employees are paid commission as well.
Pros
Free gratis every month
Cons
Short breaks, horrible management
Great work ethic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 22, 2019
Victoria secret gives back just as much as they receive, they help not just within but helping communities and helping women, Victoria secret helps impower people.
Horrible place to work for
Cashwrap Lead, Pink Girl (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 22, 2019
I worked at Victoria's Secret for almost 3 years. In those 3 years I tried to move up, but the managers at the store I worked at only let the girls that they liked move up. A lot of favoritism. If you weren't in the managers click, quote unquote, then you weren't moving up. But, the managers made me Cashwrap lead, but I didn't get the raise for that. Also the managers kept giving me manager duties, but not the pay. They kept telling me that I'd move up, and be a Tap. But, it was all broken promises. I came to realize that the reason that they kept giving me manager duties, was because they were to lazy to do it themselves. Plus the store manager and assistant store manager THRIVED on drama and gossip. They were always in the office, even if one of them was CSL for that segment, because it was more important to them to gossip about other associates. Plus when you had to call a manager over the headset for something, you barely ever got a response. I'm glad that I'm not working there anymore. The best thing that I did was quit. I honestly don't know how or why I put up with all of that for so long. If you're ever thinking about working there DON'T. Believe me, you'll regret it.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Lazy, and horrible management
Poor management
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2019
My last SM was the worst. Played favorites and continuously committed time fraud. She was real close with our DM so reporting her to HR did no good. She should’ve been fired but she’s at a different store now.
Victoria secret
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 21, 2019
They were extremely unorganized and had a poor call in policy when you would have a family emergency or was extremely sick. They would make you feel terrible for calling in and were unprofessional by talking about coworkers in a negative manner infront of other co workers.
Nice professional work place
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 21, 2019
I really liked working at Victoria’s Secret the staff was really nice and we all
Got along and made the work place a happy and professional one to work.
Good place to work, management unorganized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plaza las Americas, San JuanJune 21, 2019
Fast pace, lot of work. With complete availability, they only give me 8 hours a week...yes, a week! Too unorganized and management too unprofessional.
Pros
Hour breaks, nice customers, some employees are kind.
Cons
Poor and lazy management, unorganized, unprofesional.
Learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2019
Victoria’s Secret was my first job, it was a really good company. Although I was not trained properly and my coworkers were not very helpful. I worked there for a short period of time until I was offered a better opportunity elsewherre
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 20, 2019
Working at Victoria’s Secret can help anyone who’s looking forward to get into retail to establish a career in sales. Also if you love working as a team and setting high goals, then this environment is for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.8K
42.6K
32K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

80%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss