Victoria Gastro Pub Employee Reviews

4.0Job Security & Advancement
Great place in a fun enviroment
Bartender/Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 26, 2018
Victoria Gastro Pub is a great place to work. It's a fun environment with great management and caring owners. The atmosphere is laid back until the crowd really starts piling in.
comfortable, family oriented, up beat, organized friendly atmosphere.
LEAD LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 23, 2016
Typical day at work involves prep, productivity, and team work. Management is very helpful and creative. Food is wonderful. After numerous years working for Victoria Gastro Pub any other job would really have to step up to meet their standards.
Pros
heathcare 10% off phone service family meals
Cons
better healthcare
Fast paced with plenty of opportunity for advancement
Back Waiter (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 10, 2016
Fantastic management with very approachable owners as well. Although extremely high paced, the stress was minimal and the environment was always exciting and positive. All of my coworkers were very team oriented and eager to learn from me, as I from them. Mostly my growth was in food preparation and beer with over 200 beers on the menu! What I learned and valued most was the importance of creating a team between the front and back of house so we could work as a well oiled machine rather than independent of each other. The hardest part of the job was making sure each dish was beautiful and exactly as Chef wanted it, especially in extremely busy times of service. The most enjoyable part of the job was the lasting impressions I was able to make with each guests, bringing together service as well as the perfect meal to match.
Pros
Family meal was served each shift. Management was very flexible with shift changes between coworkers
Cons
45 minute drive each way
meh
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 12, 2014
Not a fun place to work. learned a lot management could be better co workers where okay hardest part was dealing with lazy people. only enjoyed it when it was busy.
Pros
work
Cons
not fun