Victorian Senior Care Employee Reviews

montgomery village in star is horrible for resdients and staff
former employee (Former Employee) –  Star, NCJune 19, 2018
it has roaches really badly some employees are aloud to do as they please while other are worked like dogs rcc is abusive in many ways to staff and residents and all this is reported and nothing is done I would give this place a negative score do not put your family here!
Pros
Cons
everything
Love
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJune 4, 2018
I love working hers but the pay is not good 9.00hr.the residents are really sweet and rhey also have a heavy all that they always put one person up there and never switch
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad pay
Fun workplace however stressful
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Edenton, NCMay 25, 2018
I was a volunteer here for part of the summer. A typical day here included answering phone calls from relatives of patients and dealing with package deliveries, as well as mail deliveries in general.
Worst place ever to work!
cna (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMay 21, 2018
I wouldn't even suggest working for this place to my worst enemy. It is a complete nightmare to work there. DO NOT APPLY! Instead RUN to any other job available...seriously...save yourself! They really need to be shut down due to all of the health code violations they break on a daily basis. It's disgusting and the management are the worst people to walk this earth!
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
everything
Poor management, poor place
Past Member (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCMay 19, 2018
I would NEVER recommend this place to go and work at, simply because if you're listed as part time you get full time hours, without the benefits (good luck getting administration to change it too) , the administrator has favorites and it is blatantly obvious with their treatment vs. The others and for getting paid $8 an hour you have to do the work of so many others (laundry, set up dining room, do wait staff if there is none, clean dishes, 3rd shift is suppose to clean bathrooms, etc.) The turn over is horrendous and the management hardly knows what to do themselves. The only good thing about this place is the pay (even though it could be completely better) because you can get well over 100 every 2 weeks (downfall is you hardly get a day off) , the pay is okay (not the best for what you do) and they can't afford to get rid of anyone because there isn't many people left.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay, no time off, benefits, management
Horrible company to work for
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMay 19, 2018
Horrible place to work! They treat their employees terrible from the ED's down to the CNA's. All of their communities are constantly firing the ED's. Almost weekly they are posting jobs for ED positions. I was a ED for this company and it was a year of torment for my family. My husband is a ED at another assisted living community now and doing great. Stay away from this company if your looking for a long time job position.
Overwork & Understaffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 18, 2018
On average there are 3 aides and 2 meds aides in the entire facility. A lot of times only 2 aides are shedule to work the entire shift. Pay is terrible. And to top it off we work 6 days straight and off 1 day. Management really doesn’t realize what’s going on, on the floor.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay, Management, Overworked
Not the best
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCJanuary 17, 2018
I personally wouldn’t recommend working for this company unless you’re fine with an extremely physically intense job while getting paid what seems like the salary of a sweat shop worker.
A day at vintage inn
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCJanuary 6, 2018
I love my job, the residents we amazing. Spending time with residents encoraging the family during hard times meant alot. I was a supervisor but I did just as much as the nurses.
Pros
Making a difference in residents lives
Cons
Loosing patients
This place is a joke!!!
Medication Aide/PCA (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCDecember 3, 2017
This place has poor management and no organization! You work your butt off for $8.25 an hour doing your job and half the time the job of others as well! A lot of lazy employees who call out of work all the time but yet management does nothing about it while the ones that do work and never call out are treated differently! There are roaches and bugs everywhere! The residents get personal money missing and management does nothing about the thief!!! I could go on and on! I love my little residents and that is the only thing that I will miss about not working at this place anymore!!!
Great Place to Work
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCAugust 11, 2017
Excellent work environment, Great co-workers, good benefits. Management cares for their employees. Would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a change of pace in a rewarding field.
Pros
Administration, benefits
Stressful work place
Waitstaff (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCMay 30, 2017
This place is not recommended to work for. They do not pay what they should for the job you do. The waitstaff has to help cook too but doesn't get paid for that job only the waitstaff. They over work you and don't pay over time either!
Pros
Free zoo trips
Cons
Short breaks, no time to use the bathroom
Horrible place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elkin, NCMay 27, 2017
Elkin assited living. This a horrible place to work. They have their favorite employees that get to take multiple breaks at a time and leave you in there by yourself and you having to do everything yourself. Don't get breaks, don't get to sit down. You only get paid 8.25. You are way over worked. Short staffed. Ants are everywhere in the building, bugs everywhere. Employees are rude and hateful. This has horrible management.
Pros
Good residnets
Cons
No breaks, nasty
Terrible
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Montgomery Village Star NCMay 10, 2017
Short staffed all the time. Rules only applied to some people. Bed bugs mold roaches and ants. Not enough food. Residents arent took care of because short staffed all the time. Please run from this place. Just not worth it
Pros
Residents
Cons
No breaks, short staff, poor management
Great group of work people
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Randleman, NCMay 1, 2017
The employees I work with at Victorian Senior Care are an awesome group. Very caring and kind and always willing to lend a hand whenever needed.........
Respectful place to work
Finance Department Assistant (Current Employee) –  Administrative OfficeApril 27, 2017
As long as you do what is expected the employees are respected by management. Some management personal my be a little more high strung than others, but that is to be expected in any workplace. I love it here. Is everyone perfect? No Am I perfect? No. They don't expect perfectionism just fix what went wrong or help fix what went wrong by being honest and straight forward.
Enjoyable Work Enviornment
Med Tech/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Red Springs, NCApril 26, 2017
I have worked for VSC since 2011. I enjoy coming to work seeing the faces on our residents faces. I learn something everyday and that is a great thing. Not every resident is the same. They are unique in there own way. Our workplace culture is like no other. We all have a job to do and we are not all going to do it the same way but at the end of the day it is completed. I love all our residents and when one gets sick or passes away it hurts you. They become apart of your family. The management staff are awesome. They understand were we are coming from. They have never forgotten were they came from. They have compassion and love for not just us but for our residents. I could not see myself going know were else to work. I love working at RSAL..
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
Rate of Pay
Fun Workplace
SIC/Med Tech (Current Employee) –  Red Springs, NCApril 26, 2017
Its never a dual moment and you learn something everyday. Ive learned to be patient and that every person is not the same on a day to day basis. I love the management staff. It doesn't matter what area in the building may need help they are there leaning a helping hand. They have worked there way up and that says a lot. You can go to them about anything and they will do there best to help you.The work culture is one of a kind. The hardest part about my job is having a resident pass away. They become apart of you. I enjoy coming to work and providing services to our resident.Our residents are spoiled and we wouldn't have it any other way.
Pros
Home like atmosphere
Cons
Cost of Healthcare
Primetime facility is a wholeheartedley company
Med Aide/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Edenton, NCApril 26, 2017
The Edenton Primetime Facility is a very welcoming, organized comforting place for residents to reside in as well as employees to work at. This facility has wonderful staff management, residency, and residents. The Edenton Primetime does an extremely well job making sure their residents are comfortable. Staff of Primetime tend to the every need of their residents just as needs and concerns are cared for with the staff.
Pros
Flexible shifts and scheduling. Excellent management compromising
Cons
No raises, Residents of total care
Productive and Fun
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 13, 2017
Most enjoyable part about the workplace is being among people of disabilities and understanding them and providing them with a hot breakfast to start the day.