Victory Centre of Roseland Employee Reviews

Terrible (bad management)
LEA (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2019
If I could I would give this place 0 stars. This is the worst place to work at I don’t how this place still open. Mangers is terrible they always in they office they don’t never do nothing to help you and talk to you like a child. No room for growth. This place is a nursing home it stinks and they always got bed bugs. No type of team environment. The pay is not worth what u willing be dealing with with this company they cheap and they raises are a slap in the face. You will be really disappointed working for this place this company is built on lies. All the managers show up late everyday. Mangers here come in with they personal problems and take it out on the workers in the building.
Productive, fun @ times
CNA (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2018
LOVED my time @VCR! Absolutely adored my residents with a PASSION!!!!! Executive Director was always available when you needed her. Staff functioned as a family unit. No better place to work.
Pros
Fun, friendly atmosphere
Cons
Sometimes very stressful
terrible
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 21, 2016
Not the place to work or live, terrible people that work for the company.
I would not want anybody staying there that I know.
enjoy working with my team
LifeStyle Director { Marketing & Outreach} (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 1, 2015
I enjoy educating The Community, Seniors & their Families about affordable and safe clean housing they deserve. I enjo managing others and teaching & coachng. I am a Team player in every sense if the word. The hardest part of my job is Seeing Seniors that have been neglected and/or abused. I ejooy seeing smile on Residents face and releife on Family members faces when they feel their Loved on is being cared for. I also enjoy teaching & training staff.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Not professional and a waste of my time
Dietary Aid/Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 22, 2013
My typical shifts were simple. I served the residents, collected their dishes, washed them, as well as the pots and pans the cook used. I put everything back in the appropriate spots and then repeated the same task for our second seating. I learned about residential living. I learned different policies as to how the home is run. My co-workers were helpful for the most part. As for a coworker who had worked there almost ten years, was helpful with experience, but lacked in attitude. The hardest part of my job was the lack of leadership. My manager left the cook/supervisor in charge, and the almost ten year working co-worker decides to take over instead. On a daily shift, no one was specific about daily goals, no one was delegated to a certain duty, and it was a rushed environment. I've never worked in such an un organized, as far as rolls and what is to be done on a daily shift, corporation. I enjoyed the free meals. They really came in handy since I was only paid minimum wage.
Pros
Free meals.
Cons
Minimum wage, management lies.