Victory Layne Chevrolet Employee Reviews

Fun people
parts driver and warhouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 23, 2019
A nice place to work for you get one paid week after 1 year then two after 2 years they have a annual Christmas party every year. its at work during lunch.
Pros
you get health can get health careafter 90 days
Cons
Watch your Back
Only a few good people at Victory Layne.
BDC service (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 13, 2017
If you are a young girl apply with caution. I was told from the day I started that HR had a weird issue with young girls. There was only truth to that statement.
Pros
One manager and the service workers are amazing
Cons
It's crooked.
all work
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLAugust 18, 2017
all business at victory layne chevy from 7 am to 5pm we stopped for a 1 hour at lunch time break,we answered phone calls, set appoints write up cars and trucks, fellow up and sell work that needs to be done to complete jobs, put customers in loaner cars as needed close repair orders call customers when cars are complete and fellow up with in 48 hours make sure customers are completely satisfied
Pros
5 day work week
Cons
support from tech's
Wonderful And Caring Company
Outside Wholesale Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 8, 2017
Enjoyable atmosphere. Very knowledgeable and helpful fellow employees always eager to share their knowledge. Management was very strong and positive in their leadership abilities.
plenty of negativity
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 13, 2016
Terrible culture, no annual or monthly goals established. Very difficult to gain acceptance by the group, not enough time off
Cons
Hostile environment
Family Like Workplace
Parts Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 7, 2016
Everybody is like family and really friendly. You come to work get on the road and do your job nobody really bothers you. Pretty much have the key to your destiny, once your on the road you can relax and make your deliveries no worries.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
No Room To Advance
Great opportunity but struggling job culture.
SALES CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 3, 2015
During my time there, the dealership was a bit dysfunctional. There was turnover at all levels. the owner and general sales manager did their best to keep the operation going.

Salesmen would get into arguments for snaking customers. The sales process was sluggish at times. There were no computers at the salesmen's desks.

Eventually, the owner began making changes at the dealership and I began to see positive changes being made there. It is my hope that these changes continue to evolve this dealership into the type of workplace where all of its employees will not only thrive but excel personally.

I have nothing but the greatest respect for the owner and her sales managers. If anyone has sales experience and can roll with the punches, I would recommend Victory Layne Chevrolet to them.
Pros
Excellent compensation, newly remodeled facility, great inventory
Cons
Growing pains, on your feet constantly, 3 sales meetings a week
Best Dealership I have ever worked for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 9, 2014
The GM is a little standoffish and little personality. The owner is a sweet woman, lots of personality. The GSM is hands down the great face of this company. He had been the most transparent forthcoming person I have had the privaledge to work for. If he says it, it is bible. If I didn't have to move back out of state for family reasons, I would still be with this store. They take pride in helping the community, treat their good employees the way they should be, and great to their customers. Absolute pleasure to work for.
Pros
Great management, transparent, full disclosure
Cons
Long work week for management.
Family run dealership
Gm parts outside sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJanuary 30, 2013
family run chevrolet dealership, great place to work, advance from within and had a great group of very loyal employees.I only left due to personal issues and moved reluctantly back to cold north
Pros
co-workers easy to work with
Cons
smaller dealership