Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
Team work
Sales Rep/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reading, PA 19605July 19, 2018
Victra has great team work. Felt very welcome and they always attended to my needs. I did not like the weekend hours but we did alternate and that made our working environment great.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Weekend hours
Integrity counts here.
Sales representative. (Current Employee) –  DelawareJuly 18, 2018
Over the years I have worked for a number of cellular retailers. Some of them have the attitude of make the sale today at any cost, even if we lose the customer in the long run, and sell the customer what we want to sell not what they need. Here at Victra honesty and integrity are at the forefront of every interaction. The customer goes home with what they need and will continue to come back time after time.
Pros
Happy customers who know they can trust us., healthy competition geared toward a good paycheck and a successful location.
Cons
We could make more sales thus more money with updated equipment.
Constant change and stress
Regional Asset Protection Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 18, 2018
This company cares nothing about it's employees and only about profit. They hire upper management and require more of less employees in the locations.
Pros
Salary
Disorganized and chaotic
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 16, 2018
Upper management didn't seem to know what was going on at any given time. Frequent conference calls off the clock and constant hour cutting for sales reps.

Corporate has little to no understanding of the business and no plan or strategy for the future.

Slamming devices, add-ons, and fees was required. Most of the company seems to do the $100/$150/$200+ tax and fees approach implying or outright telling customers that accessory bundles are free and the $100/$150/$200 is part of the cost of the device, rather than the cost of the accessory bundle.

Pay and benefits are good for a dealer, but majority of upper management is unethical and "leadership" comes down to threatening your job as plans A, B, and C.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Working off the clock, unethical selling, chaotic company
Poor management and negative environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 16, 2018
While working here some managers and trainers are rewarded for their negative behavior. Crude behavior and vulgar language was used by a training manager who kept advancing regardless. Harassment and hazing was common at these locations. Have worked in wireless before but never experienced this bad behavior from adults.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management doesn’t care, nasty staff
Great experience
Selling Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAJuly 14, 2018
I learned useful skills to help further my career. My only issue was work/ life balance. I had to work 6 days a week at 7.5 hours a day. After three years of that I couldn't do it anymore.
Overall, it wasn't bad
Sales Consultant, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MOJuly 11, 2018
I wouldnt personally work for the company again because of the managment mainly. They need to train managers more diligently. They also should work on always having an opener and closer per store. Very understaffed.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Hours
Tough, but you get what you put into it.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, WAJune 14, 2018
Always great to interact with different people everyday, as well as new technology coming out constantly. You have to stay on your toes a be up to date on everything.
Fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJune 11, 2018
Fun job you get to meet people just felt the pay was not fair people starting without experience would of be hired on at a higher hourly rate than seasoned reps with years on the job.
productive but will get rid of as soon as possible
Customer retention consultant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 11, 2018
Job was nice until you get a month in then really gets into being stressful for employees with unrealistic goals set year over year for employees to make less money but for the company to grow.
Pros
good communication building, conversation, ok comp
Cons
expected to stay with customer even through lunch
Terrible work environment
Selling manager (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYJune 9, 2018
Plenty of fraud and illegal activities going on. if your not going to “do what it takes” meaning illegal activity your higher ups will shun you and offer little to no help and when those who are doing illegal sales get caught nobody mentions it almost as if it never happened. from the district manager all the way up to the regional manager it’s a terrible bussiness to be apart of
Pros
Cons
Short or no breaks compensation minimum to none in comparison to how much your at work
Poor leadership & low morals
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 25, 2018
I'm surprised the company hasn't been sued by customers yet. They slam features on customer accounts, add extra fees to the receipt without telling the customers and reward how well each rep can rip off a customer. The leadership is inexperienced and very much in favor of who's friends with whom. The leadership style is to threaten to fire you several times a day without ever making the expectations clear- probably intentional to make it easy to fire anyone with a mind of their own. First paycheck takes over a month if the area manager doesn't stay on top of payroll.
Pros
discount on accessories, get a paycheck eventually
Cons
High costs for benefits, poor leadership, no job security, trade your soul
Best money I’ve ever made
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
I made a lot of money, but nothing is consistent. They change things daily. Management only cares about their numbers. The company plays favorites with employees.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Stressful
Great place to Learn
Verizon (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 23, 2018
I loved working for Verizon it was my 1st time working with phone and I learned so much and my team was wonderful. I would refer any of my friends to Verizon.
Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 21, 2018
I was a selling store manager in st Charles mall when a wireless was bought out by Victoria. A wireless was bad been when we became Victoria it got so much worse. Long hours little pay. Do more for less money all the time.
Pros
Cons
No breaks work alone from open to close
Great job, great benefits
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 21, 2018
I really enjoy my job with Victra! Awesome benefits package, commission is ok... could be better, hourly could be better but overall I’m making decent money. The hardest thing I’ve encountered was selling a Hum. The management could be better as well.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, benefits
Cons
Management, hourly pay
fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job with Victra. The people were great to work with and the benefits were all good. I had the opportunity to advance. Environment were outstanding. I hated to leave but they relocated to Raleigh and I wasnt ready to relocate
Pros
they provided free lunches and other gatherings for employees
Cons
cant think of anything negative
Fast paced productive place
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 9, 2018
You have to sale at least two devices a day. You have to make calls to customers to try and get them in. You have to always stand on your feet. You only get a 30 minute break even when you work a 10 hour day.
Benefits
Cons
Food on you.
Stressful work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NVMay 7, 2018
The start of a normal day is checking inventory and emails. After that, you check promotions and deals for customers. While doing that, you have a manager that keeps texting/calling you all day about the work that you have already done and giving no time for responses. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a manager that expects you to do everything, even if its not your job (it's theirs). The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving your shift.
Pros
Hour lunches, awesome benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
Horrible
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NVMay 7, 2018
Your normal day at work starts off by looking though inventory and checking email. then check promos and deals for your customers whiling having a manager on your back asking questions and giving no time to answer those questions. the workplace is very stressful and no ones for each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.