Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Help Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 21, 2019
I'm in the corporate office and we have a great working environment. I enjoy working with my co-workers and management. I just wish my salary was better.
Pros
Environment, co-workers and management
Cons
Salary
Retailer will sell you off
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAJanuary 19, 2019
Worked in the bjs location the company bought us out just to sell the bjs section of kiosk a year later. Victra only cares about profits not there employees.
Pros
Lots of stores to relocate across country
Cons
Company is huge only cares about the VPs and profits does not care about the front line employees
We are a team and communicate and congratulate each other on sales and good job performance
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Moulton, ALJanuary 18, 2019
I love the company just looking for a change, I like to challenge myself and after two years there isn’t much challenge there right now. I’m looking for better pay.
Poor Managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ruckersville, VAJanuary 15, 2019
I was with the company for a couple of years. In the time I was there I was overworked, trained to do managers duties but was denied promotion (while still being expected to complete managers duties), denied paid time of for any sort of vacation, and was expected to meet and supass sales quotas that were just outrageous for our location. Issues with managment ranged from a district manager that legitimately screamed at people during meetings to a store manager who got away with blaming his staff for his constant short comings due to poor training.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor managment, high stress, ridiculous quotas
Doesn't value tenure
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gretna, NEJanuary 14, 2019
Company changes commission structure too much and doesn't value tenure, they try to advance you in the company but then don't want to pay you for the work you'll be doing
Awful
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Sparta/ McMinnville, TNJanuary 12, 2019
If I could give this review a zero I would. This is one of the worst places to work. DO NOT DO IT! If you go with another authorized retailer do anything but Victra. I had a great manager at first and it wasn't as bad but once we got another manager she ran the store into the ground. I went through 4 different managers and probably 10 different employees in the two years I worked there. They will ask you to do manger duties and you will not be paid for it. Also with the store being constantly understaffed you can hardly ever take a lunch break, but they will clock you out for one anyways. I guess that's why they are being sued right now for that. Do not put yourself through the stress. I had people tell me the same thing but I didn't listen. I should have.
Cons
Lots of hours and turnover
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAJanuary 10, 2019
I know it was a retail sales position in a mall but, working 60+ hours regularly. Work life balance is not good, some days were 13 hour days which leaves very little time for anything else.
Pros
Above average compensation
Cons
High pressure sales and not a good work life balance.
Great opportunity where compensation matches effort
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Corning, CAJanuary 10, 2019
Your main goal at the end of the day is sale "Boxes" which is defined as any connected device. Paid hourly, but the real compensation comes when you hit box goal.
Pros
Flexibility and relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Lack of foot traffic in stores at certain locations
Great culture
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 7, 2019
Each day, employees have required sales targets at all levels. Leadership is very supportive with regards to ascertaining goals. Annually, there is a corporate event where successes are celebrated.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K, great people
Cons
N/a
Commission payouts frequently changing.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJanuary 5, 2019
Required to meet goals that at times are impossible unless you plan on selling unneeded devices and accessories. And if you spend too much time providing tech support and not selling you will be reprimanded. Upper management didn't want to be bothered unless you made a ridiculous amount of profit which only a small percentage went to you.
Pros
Store manager and sales team were great to work with. Discounts offered and very decent.
Cons
Paid less than other retailers, quotas are ridiculous and stressful if location is slow.
great people, extremely unrealistic goals
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MDDecember 28, 2018
the store i work for isnt very busy at all in comparison to others. most of the time there arent any customers at all for hours on end. usually the ones that do show up are either vagrants and drunks looking to charge their phones, or old people looking for free tech support or a person to cuss at because they cant reach customer service, and the corporate store sent them here. YOU MUST MAKE ALL OF YOUR GOALS EVERY PAY PERIOD! failure to do so results in being forced to drive out of your way to another location 2 hours before that location opens and attend a 2 hour meeting. Supposedly its an incentive to sell more items, however the amount of customers that come in the store is completely out of your control. You can try to combat it by making cold calls, but we all know how much people like being sold things over the phone. its probably better at more busy stores, but im sure its a marginal difference at best.
Pros
indoors, not food service
Cons
I could fill a book with them
I wouldnt go back
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 18, 2018
Company was good when I started but as it grew things got worse and worse. Commissions decreased over time and they do not care about the individual. You are just a number.
Pros
Disc on phone plan
Cons
Too many to list
Not the best to work for someone with a family.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 12, 2018
There is constant changes in pay. The product they force us in sale, doesn't even pay, nor is it something most sales people believe in. One of the worse companies I've every worked for. The only good thing is they do work with you on scheduling.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
great job, horrible management
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  ‘Ewa Beach, HIDecember 10, 2018
this was a great place to work at i enjoyed my coworkers company and also my customers. the pay was great. only thing was the manager there he was very unprofessional and acted like a child when he didn't get his way,or wasnt a power junkie. he would also throw you under the bus if he had to. he was just lazy and just very childish. apparently he are aloud to write you up and never tell you that you have been written up. so when higher ups come to talk to you about it you are clueless about this write up that was done weeks ago. if they had a different manager or gave him more training on how to be a manager it would be a much better place
Pros
great location good pay great customers good coworkers
Cons
horrible manager
Please DONT
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 6, 2018
Great job at first great management and awesome pay, but that all changed when new leadership started and it feels as if Victra is falling apart at the seams. We have changed pay structure 3 times in the last 2 months because employees were hitting goals and now 20% started at 5,500$ and has now gone up to 9000$. Company is a joke and so are the "LEADERS" they hire.
Pros
Good Money IF you hit goals
Cons
Poor Leadership, Changed Pay structure every 3 months
Same stuff different day
sales (Current Employee) –  Banks Crossing, GADecember 4, 2018
There are things that can be approved on training that can be revised and reps that could use more training management tells you what you want to hear not what you need to hear.
Pros
Deal with latest mobile devices
Cons
No home life, management only cares about filling their pockets
Great place to work, if you're suited to it
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2018
Expect to work a lot and have to keep your energy and optimism up. Not for the faint of heart. Hectic and fast pace, changes happen constantly and you don't have time to be bewildered.
Was a great place to work until they increased their demands and significantly lowered compensation.
Manager (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 26, 2018
I loved this company when I first started but within the duration of my time with A Wireless/Victra, there have been many changes, most of which include cutting costs for the company at the expense of our commission and the quality of service provided. "Selling ethically" is the motto but we are told to "slap things on" (exact verbatim) to attain their contribution targets.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Constantly changing commission structure, pricey benefits, stress, deceitful sales strategies, and micromanaging.
Build Your Resume
Cashier/Customer Servicesales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 24, 2018
Can be a fun and great place to work but upper management is way too sales oriented to where they are asking employees to position promotions and other products that ends up having little white lies or just unintegral altogether.
Great place to move up the ladder fast and get some great sales experience, however you have to devote 6 days a week if you want to be successful
Pros
experience, possibly pay, training and managment skills
Cons
work to life balance, possibly pay, company slacks on taking care of maintenance and other fixtures
Rapidly changing environment
Multi Store Manager/ Interim District Manager (Former Employee) –  North, SCNovember 16, 2018
Employer was very fast growing and with that, rapidly changing all the time. With growth comes growing pains but they did their best at keeping employees in the loop and up to date. Compensation packages for commission and bonus also changed frequently but was mostly very competitive and worth it.
Pros
Good pay, opportunities to travel and acquire new skills
Cons
Some changes negatively impact employee pay potential

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9