Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Great experience
Selling Store Manger (Former Employee) –  Ferndale, WAJuly 14, 2018
I learned useful skills to help further my career. My only issue was work/ life balance. I had to work 6 days a week at 7.5 hours a day. After three years of that I couldn't do it anymore.
Overall, it wasn't bad
Sales Consultant, Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Marshfield, MOJuly 11, 2018
I wouldnt personally work for the company again because of the managment mainly. They need to train managers more diligently. They also should work on always having an opener and closer per store. Very understaffed.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Hours
Tough, but you get what you put into it.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, WAJune 14, 2018
Always great to interact with different people everyday, as well as new technology coming out constantly. You have to stay on your toes a be up to date on everything.
Fun
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCJune 11, 2018
Fun job you get to meet people just felt the pay was not fair people starting without experience would of be hired on at a higher hourly rate than seasoned reps with years on the job.
productive but will get rid of as soon as possible
Customer retention consultant (Current Employee) –  Manteca, CAJune 11, 2018
Job was nice until you get a month in then really gets into being stressful for employees with unrealistic goals set year over year for employees to make less money but for the company to grow.
Pros
good communication building, conversation, ok comp
Cons
expected to stay with customer even through lunch
Terrible work environment
Selling manager (Former Employee) –  Levittown, NYJune 9, 2018
Plenty of fraud and illegal activities going on. if your not going to “do what it takes” meaning illegal activity your higher ups will shun you and offer little to no help and when those who are doing illegal sales get caught nobody mentions it almost as if it never happened. from the district manager all the way up to the regional manager it’s a terrible bussiness to be apart of
Pros
Cons
Short or no breaks compensation minimum to none in comparison to how much your at work
Poor leadership & low morals
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 25, 2018
I'm surprised the company hasn't been sued by customers yet. They slam features on customer accounts, add extra fees to the receipt without telling the customers and reward how well each rep can rip off a customer. The leadership is inexperienced and very much in favor of who's friends with whom. The leadership style is to threaten to fire you several times a day without ever making the expectations clear- probably intentional to make it easy to fire anyone with a mind of their own. First paycheck takes over a month if the area manager doesn't stay on top of payroll.
Pros
discount on accessories, get a paycheck eventually
Cons
High costs for benefits, poor leadership, no job security, trade your soul
Best money I’ve ever made
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2018
I made a lot of money, but nothing is consistent. They change things daily. Management only cares about their numbers. The company plays favorites with employees.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Stressful
Great place to Learn
Verizon (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 23, 2018
I loved working for Verizon it was my 1st time working with phone and I learned so much and my team was wonderful. I would refer any of my friends to Verizon.
Horrible
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMay 21, 2018
I was a selling store manager in st Charles mall when a wireless was bought out by Victoria. A wireless was bad been when we became Victoria it got so much worse. Long hours little pay. Do more for less money all the time.
Pros
Cons
No breaks work alone from open to close
Great job, great benefits
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAMay 21, 2018
I really enjoy my job with Victra! Awesome benefits package, commission is ok... could be better, hourly could be better but overall I’m making decent money. The hardest thing I’ve encountered was selling a Hum. The management could be better as well.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, benefits
Cons
Management, hourly pay
fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 14, 2018
I enjoyed my job with Victra. The people were great to work with and the benefits were all good. I had the opportunity to advance. Environment were outstanding. I hated to leave but they relocated to Raleigh and I wasnt ready to relocate
Pros
they provided free lunches and other gatherings for employees
Cons
cant think of anything negative
Fast paced productive place
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMay 9, 2018
You have to sale at least two devices a day. You have to make calls to customers to try and get them in. You have to always stand on your feet. You only get a 30 minute break even when you work a 10 hour day.
Benefits
Cons
Food on you.
Stressful work environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dayton, NVMay 7, 2018
The start of a normal day is checking inventory and emails. After that, you check promotions and deals for customers. While doing that, you have a manager that keeps texting/calling you all day about the work that you have already done and giving no time for responses. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with a manager that expects you to do everything, even if its not your job (it's theirs). The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving your shift.
Pros
Hour lunches, awesome benefits
Cons
Stressful work environment
Horrible
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NVMay 7, 2018
Your normal day at work starts off by looking though inventory and checking email. then check promos and deals for your customers whiling having a manager on your back asking questions and giving no time to answer those questions. the workplace is very stressful and no ones for each other.
great working with a like minded crew
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAMay 7, 2018
good pay and a fun place to work. every day there was something new and exciting. if you show that you want to move up you would be given opportunity's to prove yourself.
Ended up being horrible
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 6, 2018
Worked for Victra for 3 and a half years. Had 8 different managers and saw several sets of employees start and quit. The commission structure was great until they changed it. If you didn’t sell more than 75% of your device goal for those two weeks you made $0 commission. That’s where they screwed up because if a salesperson knows they will not make 75% of their goal those two weeks, they will be lazy and not sell anything because they will not be paid, therefore the company will not make more money. Also being forced to attend conference/sales calls two or 3 times a week and not being paid for them even if it was on your day off or before your shift. I was told if I wanted to “clock in” for these calls, I would lose hours on the sales floor. As a senior sales rep of almost four years, I was still threatened to be let go or transferred if I couldn’t hit goals. Very poor product training and extreamly poor communication as a company. I finally walked out. How pathetic is it that a car dealership I work for now gave me a free iPad/iPhone with free service and I was told at Victra I could just get 30% off accessories.
Pros
Cons
Everything is in my review
Very competitive and unfair
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 6, 2018
I do not enjoy this job due to favoritism and unequal opportunity. I have been with the company for a while and am always given one reason or another as to why I cant work a diffrent shift but its never a logical answer always as of I am being swept under the rug.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Not a fair or enjoyable work environment
Great work environment, fast paced sales
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Pacific Manor, CAMay 1, 2018
It's a great company to work for when it comes to commission based jobs. Your goals and clearly outlined in front of you ANND there is compensation for achieving said goals
Fomerly AWireless -Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 24, 2018
Work can be fast paced and tiring some days. But the company makes it worth it. I have never worked for a more honest and caring company. The amount of time and attention that the higher up management takes to understand their employees is empowering.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9