Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Working for Victra made me want to shoot myself in the face.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEOctober 18, 2018
Sell sell sell is all they want you to do. Forget helping people with any phone, etc. issues, just sell them a new one because that is what makes the company money. They don't like it when people come in just to pay their bill, they want you to push products on people constantly, even if its something the customer doesn't know how to use or really doesn't need. The place just sucks to work at and their "training" is an absolute joke. And your personal and family life they couldn't care less about. One girl had a miscarriage on a Friday and had to work Saturday and Sunday because there was no one to work. Then Monday comes around and there was other employees who could work. So the poor girl who had a miscarriage and was given no time to grieve her loss decided to stay home on Monday and was told managers don't take Mondays off by the district manager. A complete gross amount of lack of compassion for employees and their lives, it's disgusting.
Cons
Massive stress and anxiety
Typical sales position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Andover, KSOctober 16, 2018
The work was fairly easy as long as you have a knack for sales and customer service. There are expectations for your sales, but as long as you meet those you'll have a pleasant work experience.
An opportunity to learn new sales techniques
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 14, 2018
So I worked at Victra for a little less than 4 months. The experience I had was less than desirable. But to keep this professional I will digress and keep this brief. I was not properly trained and most of the training I received I taught myself. The company let a lot of us go a couple months later. I did learn new sales techniques and worked with some great people
Pros
Great work environment, Good Health benefits, Flexible hours
Cons
Impossible goals based on the traffic. Not many deals for customers to take advantage
Pretty decent
Senior Sales Consultant/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 13, 2018
I had a great experience working for Victra. My only problem which was a major problem was they did not inform thier employees across the nation who worked in there BJ's division that we would lose our jobs without any notice. Due to the face that BJ's & Victra could not come to an contract renewal. So therefore on Tuesday Oct. 9th, 2018 @ 7:30 am we received a voice recorded message stating we are out of a job due to the circumstances and we are welcome to apply for a Brick and Morter location.
overwhelming
SSR (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 10, 2018
Over work to under pay employee's. Change of hours and commission structure without notice. Victra Verizon gives you one really good month to give you five bad months.
revolves around customer service and sales
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIOctober 9, 2018
The job was easy, the pay was low, the management was careless, and IT rarely had everything working properly. Overall, I'd say that I enjoyed my time here because I liked the people I worked with.
Fun and learning job. Always had something new to learn
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 8, 2018
It was a great job, the area was really nice, the customers were really friendly 95% of the time. My co workers became like family because of how close and how much time we spent together. It was a really great experience working at Verizon but better things are to come !
Pros
1 hour lunches, relax when the store is empty, co-workers we’re extremely friendly
Cons
Goal for commission was too high, rude customers.
Outgoing workplace.
Sales Consultant, Language specialist (Current Employee) –  Lindenhurst, ILOctober 2, 2018
Workplace culture is outgoing. Throughout my time with this company I have managed to increase my Customer service skills. Management makes you look forward to the work shift.
Change of management and company makeup created an atmosphere that was very uncomfortable.
team menber (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 28, 2018
The company went through drastic changes from the makeup of the organization to a change of management that sent the company downward. Wholesale changes were implemented that made the work environment difficult for most of the "white collar" staff.
Pros
casual atmosphere
Cons
very uncomfortable work environment
Goal driven workplace with micromagement
Selling Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Snoqualmie, WASeptember 21, 2018
A workplace driven by the companies culture and sales attitude. Micromanagement is high but necessary. Great compensation for entry level employment. Opportunity to move up.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Overtime for managers is excessive
It's as fun as you make it
SALE CONSULTANT VERIZON (Former Employee) –  Orange Beach, ALSeptember 16, 2018
helping customers finding what's best for their needs, you get to keep up with the latest devices, management is very supportive, and you get to see the smile on someone's face when walking out with a brand new device
amazing job
Wireless Expert (Former Employee) –  Laveen, AZSeptember 11, 2018
I loved working for this company! this was the best job I have ever had in wireless sales. I enjoyed it very much. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as environment.
Little to no respect for low level employees
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDSeptember 10, 2018
If you're not part of the big stores you're not seen if you're not part of the in crowd you get forgotten about you hardly ever see anyone that should in my opinion be in your store at least once a week the fact that district maim form of coaching and developing is through a group chat app says a lot and if there is one bad day you are expected to have a plan in place to not have it happen again and if it does your job is in jeopardy if you have zeros at the first checkin point you asked what's wrong with you even though the door may not have even swung one time but somehow it's all your fault we are expected to train and develop on a process that 90% of the district has not had the opportunity to get trained on yet once again it's our fault for sucking at our jobs.
Pros
Non
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
good place to work
Layton - Senior Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTSeptember 5, 2018
good place to work but a lot of your time is given to the company due to calls, and other work related meetings. Management is good but sometimes in your face about goals and requirements.
Pros
money, tech, employee discount
Cons
some management, goals, worklife
No work life balance
Phone Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 5, 2018
Very unwilling to negotiate schedules based on schooling, child care, etc. Hourly pay is very low based on other sales-based positions in the area. Good opportunity to work with public.
Find something else unless your young and have no kids
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  KsSeptember 3, 2018
Worked for the company 8 months with promise to advance and never came . In addition they pick favorites when it come to advancements. My advice is get things in writing before you sign on.
Pros
Slight discount
you would do whatever you wanted
Assist customers (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 2, 2018
it wasn't a very pleasant working in victra they treat you like nothing. I would not recommend anyone working for this company. supervisors were always on their phones never wanted to help when you asked for it.
Pros
you would do whatever you wanted
Cons
you didn't have any help for your superiors
Stays Busy
IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 30, 2018
You will stay busy there are tickets constantly coming in and the phone is ringing a lot. The people are good to work with and they will help you if you are not sure of what you are doing.
Avoid at all costs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  WashingtonAugust 30, 2018
Poor Upper Management, the money is great if you’re dedicated and work hard, but they make it impossible to obtain goals at a certain point. I was rated top in the company 3 months in a row, and still received 4 write-ups for underperforming because they falsify “quotas” that have nothing to do with keeping your job. Your store managers, and DM’s will make up “core quotas” which don’t actually exist in any record of determining my job status. The HR, Ethics department is a joke, you can only leave a message for the to get back to you (which they never do.) I was ultimately forced to quit when speaking with my manager about my discrepancies with the company, she proceeds to tell me “if I don’t like it I can leave” which I replied by happily handing her my keys and promptly leaving. I worked 6 days a week, exceeded my quotas, never had less then a $700 commission check and somehow I was still “underperforming” when trying to speak out about it I was hushed and told to leave. DO NOT WORK HERE! Don’t waste your breath on a company that will not respect you, and constantly make you feel expendable. If you work for this company be prepared to have a non-existent work/home life. They constantly lie to both customers and employees....
Pros
Good money for the first couple of months, If you can beat their impossible changing quotas
Cons
Literally everything else. This company is a joke.
Competitive but fair
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAAugust 27, 2018
Sales jobs are tricky; if you’re good, you love it because of the pay, advancement opportunity and the culture, if you are not good, you hate it because you feel pressure and you don’t make good commissions and you will never get promoted.

The training is provided and they give you a lot of contests and spiffs. They make it clear that customer service is #1 priority. I watch shady sale people come and go but the good ones that sell the right way stay and get promoted and make good money.
Pros
Earning potential and promotion opportunities
Cons
Competitive environment, bad pay for bad salespeople

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9