Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer Employee Reviews

Fomerly AWireless -Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, NJApril 24, 2018
Work can be fast paced and tiring some days. But the company makes it worth it. I have never worked for a more honest and caring company. The amount of time and attention that the higher up management takes to understand their employees is empowering.
Ok work place, very stressful.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHApril 24, 2018
A typical day at work invovles doing inventory, tidying the store and upselling products. You need to know day by day promotions and you need to hit daily and biweekly quatas that are pretty easy.
Pros
Overtime, Laid back, healthcare.
Cons
management
Love it
Selling Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Adams, WIApril 24, 2018
Victra treats their employees great!
They offer great benefits as well as a very well team oriented envirnment to work in. They offer constant trainings to keep you up to date.
Awesome place to learn and grow
District Manager (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 16, 2018
Great company, great benefits , alot of fun. They are constantly growing and promote from within so the growth opportunity is there. Do your job and it's a great gig
Pros
Constant contests
A "Good Old Boys" Company
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 12, 2018
Very much a boys club. Favoritism is blatantly obvious with no attempts to hide. Management likes to make unrealistic requests based on available resources and time constraints. Many things are made much more complicated then they need to be and that is exasperated by the lack of communication to key stakeholders. This results is multiple reworks of requests as you gain additional information each time. Hiring/Firing practices are somewhat suspect which leads to high turnover. They claim transparent communication but were very shady in the centralization of the corporate office and the impact that would have. Training is non existent.
Pros
Pay Well
Cons
Most everything
Awful and disrespectful
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, MAApril 11, 2018
The manager will play around with your hours. It's tough to sell because customers will walk past you no matter what you do and it's in a kiosk in bjs
Cons
Manager, being in BJ's, force to sell products that people will say no to, and hours getting cut if you don't reach your goal
Very Poor management and professionalism
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Watford City, NDMarch 31, 2018
Co-workers and manager we're very rude, pushy, and selfish. Very poor salesmanship. No team work. You are constantly being judged and looked down on. Be prepared for a lot of drama and rude customers.
Bad culture
Consultant (Former Employee) –  NebraskaMarch 28, 2018
Poor top-down negative reinforced management. You will be set up for failure often, and promised commission that won't be made available. Pass this job up
Great job for beginner sale consultants
SALES CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  NCMarch 27, 2018
It is a great beginner sales job. I enjoyed working here but like most companies, the pay isn't the greatest unless you start out in management. Great experience just need better pay.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Commission Structure
Nice place to learn and improve
Senior Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Gabriel, CAMarch 26, 2018
Good environments and good people to work with, lot of training and assessments, meeting every week, lot of nice people who teach you how to become a better salesman
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
High quotas
Terrible
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  KansasMarch 23, 2018
When I started it was awesome, but now it just goes down hill. I was out for a couple weeks for surgery and the day I got back I was written up for not meeting goals. I am always getting called over the dumbest stuff, that part wouldn’t be so bad but I have two kids who need my attention. I put a lot of effort into the company and don’t get any recognition for the stuff I do. If you’re a customer service kind of person this is not the company for you. They make you lie to the customers to make them think they are getting a great deal just so you can push up your numbers, if a customer comes in with a small issue on their phone, you’re not allowed to fix it. They are suppose to leave with a new phone and a tablet. I work at a Victra store in a town with a college full of broke college kids and elderly people who don’t even want phones, and we also have a corporate Verizon store but they expect us to have the same numbers as other stores with better clientel. All they look for are numbers and that’s it. Don’t work for this company unless you want to be part of a scheme that will fail in the next couple years.
It was alright
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kahului, HIMarch 21, 2018
Some days no one would walk in, some days everyone would walk in but you really need to make sure everyone who walks in buys something. I personally couldn't keep up and that's why I couldn't stay but it was honestly worth a shot. If you can keep on your quota or even go beyond your quota you can really make bank.
You will not last long
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 20, 2018
I have had 7 regional leaders and 6 district leaders in 5 years. Turn over for the company in 2017 was 150%. The company's hire and fire policy is unsustainable but the executive team allows regional and district leaders to continue a policy of scorched earth. Pay for management is good for sales consultants it is well below average. Top performers are not compensated well the commission structure is not based on profit or performance. Hiring quality sales reps is difficult because pay is so low. Many leave after they find out about commission structure. This all makes reaching challenging goals difficult.
Pros
Discounted service
Cons
No institutional memory no one has more the 2 years with the company
Horrible company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Crookston, MNMarch 20, 2018
They train you to sell by conning customers. They don't want stores to fix your phone. They want you to buy a new one and if you don't, the sales people are told to get rid of you.
You are trained to deceive people, sell products that don't work as they sell you on. You are trained to bundle items and are told you are getting a great discount, you're not.
Management is horrible. Only negative motivation tactics are used. Daily threats of being fired are common.
Pros
Heated and air conditioning
Cons
Everything else. Seriously....
Worst job ever
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sikeston, MOMarch 19, 2018
The management is immature and do not care about their employees. You have to train yourself. Also, you lie to your customers and if you don’t you get in trouble for it. Do not waste your time, it’s not worth it. And if you choose to work here, I hope your experience is better than what mine was.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, NC 28104March 13, 2018
I enjoyed my direct manager but the higher up management was not helpful, they also very rarely came around to help if needed. I did enjoy working with the people that were there as well as I enjoyed our customers.
Constant, bad change.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMarch 6, 2018
Based solely on sales, often people would begin to see a push out and/or phase out of themselves if they had 1 bad month, I learned how not to manage as well as learned how to manager my employees in a healthy way.
Horrible company to work for
Store Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 25, 2018
Friend's are promoted, talent is fired as upper management feels threatened. Don't dare talk to HR, they are in it for themselves, and they hire family members too.
Pros
No work life balance
Cons
Everything, you are expected to work without being paid
Commission structure needs improvement
Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  South Boston, VAFebruary 23, 2018
They don’t have a good commission structure and if you don’t exceed bi-weekly goals you don’t receive a commission at all so all your hard work just went to profit for Victra and you get nothing.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
Stressful
A wireless
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYFebruary 21, 2018
Great place to work, pay structure is the best I’ve ever seen unlimited money potential. Diverse environment management was great. Advancement was virtually impossible on the account no one wanted to leave. Other than that stability was great
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Advancement Hard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victra - Verizon Wireless Premium Retailer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9