Vidant Health Employee Reviews

productive
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 19, 2018
staff is team oriented, options available to advance monetarily, extensive continuing education opportunities, various forms of staffing options , parking for employees is too far from the building
Pros
great benefits
Cons
long shifts
Fun but intense
RN Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 6, 2018
I really enjoyed my time there I learned so much. This is a level one trauma hospital that serviced 29 counties in eastern NC. It was very challenging but yet very rewarding
Pros
convienent and close to home
Cons
worked holidays as you do in any hospital
Family oriented atmosphere
Emergency Department Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 4, 2018
Caring for patients like their my family members. A typical day is you are busy from first thing in the morning until noon. The hardest part of the job is not being able to help a patient or make them as comfortable as possible.
Benefits
Cons
parking space for staff members
Visonary, fast paced, agressive deadlines
Clinical Informaticist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 3, 2018
From my point of view this is a great company for someone looking for a fast paced, jump ahead type of environment. I learned a lot working here. Clear company vision which requires lots of irons in the fire. Very aggressive deadlines, so a fair amount of reactive activity rather than proactive planning. Not that there isn't planning - meetings, meetings and more meetings - just a lot of multitasking so less attention to actual detail. All of this activity requires a significant consultant presence for assistance with planning and build. Seems like a fairly common working environment these days and many people appear to thrive in it.
Pros
Great co-workers, clear organizational vision and mission
Cons
Very aggressive deadlines for major projects, frequently seem to be starting already behind schedule
Vidant Health
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 30, 2018
Vidant is a good health system that is located in an area that is growing slowly. This organization has a lot of really employees who want to do the right thing. it is the right attitude to have and I would keep it up.
Job Summary
BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 30, 2018
I worked many years at Vidant and found it to be a great place to work. I had great leadership and was offered career advancement. I would not hesitate to work at Vidant again, or be cared for at Vidant as a patient.
Pros
Great hospital and staff
Cons
My department did not offer alot in the way of flexible scheduling
Vidant
Transplant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 12, 2018
Vidant is a cool place to work its smaller than it looks and most doctors are down to earth the pay is okay. but I feel like the weather policy could be adjusted to fit th needs of traveling employees.
Co workers are great
Cook (Former Employee) –  CafeteriaOctober 6, 2018
Management at the cafeteria at the heart institution is got to get better the manager they have there monica about 15 people has left since ahe has took ivwrmanager tht wud be a great work place if they wer different management and supervisor they just wanna stand around And watch you do the work if u ask monica for the help she will blow and now help you when u need it people has ledt there thats bwen there over twenty ueats somebody needs to wake up and get good management in thi splace there dind hostesses drinkin passes on yhe floor the nures are thi s place isnt going to last long
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management poor help when it comes to here she has lost some of the best crew tht was there
i am new to health care
Data Architect / DBA Level III (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 4, 2018
VMC is a good place to be with respect to IT work, learning, and getting familiar with the health care experience. It is very meaningful work, and proves that every day.
leavel one trauma center with many traumas going on at one time
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Washington, NCOctober 4, 2018
Its is a level one trauma center with multiple modalities with teams set in place to cover such traumas and other aspects emergencies and well being of non critical care patients in the hospital . Vidant has a cardiac unit dedicated and specialized in the health of heart patients. the same goes for cancer , pediatrics and nicu patient . the hospital has made every effort to make the equipment and facility's safe for obese patients along with end of life patients. It boasts a wonderful rehab physicality to help patient to adjust to the challenges they will face and overcome due to a trauma they may have suffered previously when they came in as a critical patient. coworkers work as a team. there is no typical day in a trauma center. we care for the most critical first . the transporting of the patients though a crowed hospital could be considered hard along with coordination of specialized teams to accommodate patients however it always works itself out.
Pros
plenty of excersie during work hours and has a decicated gym for just emoyees to enjoy when off.
Cons
large facility, so fatigue can be an issue to patient although all efforts are made to prevent that occuring
Still underpays nurses and care partners
STAFF NURSE I, SURGICAL/TRAUMA ICU (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 3, 2018
Many employees work in this hospital because of limited job opportunities in the immediate area. Competing hospitals still pay more for their nurses and care partners.

Vidant has been a home for me for 7 years and has given me the opportunity to raise my children and go back to school while I still worked so overall, VMC was wonderful for me.
Great Place of Employment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 21, 2018
I have gained a lot experience within the 11 years of being an employee here. So many great work relationships have been gained there as well. No complaints.
Pros
comppany spirit day
Cons
short lunches
Excellent Learning Experience
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
This was my first job in healthcare after graduating with a degree in Respiratory therapy. I will always appreciate the learning experience. I worked in almost every adult care area of the hospital and particularly enjoyed working in the ICU areas of the Heart Center. The pace was fast and the hospital is large so there is a lot of walking to and from for some assignments. The equipment and supplies provided for our use was outstanding compared to the other 2 hospitals I have worked at. The workplace culture was very competitive and sometimes cutthroat. I do not prefer this type of environment but healthcare in general has definitely moved in this direction. I compete with myself to continuously improve my skill level and certainly take into consideration the skills of my co-workers. However, I find that many workers attempt to stay on top by putting down and causing trouble for others. Management does not always have the time I guess to address this in a way that provides a positive outcome. Negatives aside, this is an excellent hospital for a therapist to learn a plethora of skills related to the respiratory profession.
Pros
Potential for learning and improving skills
Cons
Problems with healthcare workplace culture in general
Unfair company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Have to work when art time people refuse. Always called upon when other people slack off . Held accoutable for other people work.No room for advavncement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Have to work when part time people refuse
The only hospital corporation in the area
Emergency department staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCSeptember 11, 2018
I helped open the hospital in 2002. I was/am proud of the services we provided to the community. Leadership at this hospital changed over the years and not necessarily for the better. It is a small hospital in a small community, but more and more the sense of family changed and you felt like "just an employee".
Pros
Getting to know the patients and other employees
Cons
Changes in leadership
Productive and Awesome place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Assisting with ADLS getting to know new patients daily and knowing the way each unit does things and being able to work with a wide range of people and dealing in many different levels of patient care.
Vidant Health is a good company to work for
Childbirth Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Vidant Medical Center is a good hospital to work for with standards and practices to protect patients, safety, and licensed staff. Team work is excellent.
Great place to work!
Rehab unit staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2018
I worked night shift as a travel nurse for this company. I was treated well. This was one of my favorite travel jobs. The care partners were some of the best and hardest working that I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great Carepartners, helpful charge nurses
Great place to work for new grads
Staff Nurse/ Charge Nurse/ Clinical Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 14, 2018
A typical day at Vidant was very busy and demanding. Learned how to work as a new nurse in a hospital setting, was able to use skills and training obtained. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts.
Overall pretty good job
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Good job but the company could do a little better about patient care coming first. They do have a good flexible schedule but due to understaffing you have to be on call a lot or pick up a lot of extra shifts to cover.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight