Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Excellent Learning Experience
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
This was my first job in healthcare after graduating with a degree in Respiratory therapy. I will always appreciate the learning experience. I worked in almost every adult care area of the hospital and particularly enjoyed working in the ICU areas of the Heart Center. The pace was fast and the hospital is large so there is a lot of walking to and from for some assignments. The equipment and supplies provided for our use was outstanding compared to the other 2 hospitals I have worked at. The workplace culture was very competitive and sometimes cutthroat. I do not prefer this type of environment but healthcare in general has definitely moved in this direction. I compete with myself to continuously improve my skill level and certainly take into consideration the skills of my co-workers. However, I find that many workers attempt to stay on top by putting down and causing trouble for others. Management does not always have the time I guess to address this in a way that provides a positive outcome. Negatives aside, this is an excellent hospital for a therapist to learn a plethora of skills related to the respiratory profession.
Pros
Potential for learning and improving skills
Cons
Problems with healthcare workplace culture in general
Unfair company
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 12, 2018
Have to work when art time people refuse. Always called upon when other people slack off . Held accoutable for other people work.No room for advavncement.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Have to work when part time people refuse
The only hospital corporation in the area
Emergency department staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Nags Head, NCSeptember 11, 2018
I helped open the hospital in 2002. I was/am proud of the services we provided to the community. Leadership at this hospital changed over the years and not necessarily for the better. It is a small hospital in a small community, but more and more the sense of family changed and you felt like "just an employee".
Pros
Getting to know the patients and other employees
Cons
Changes in leadership
Productive and Awesome place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 9, 2018
Assisting with ADLS getting to know new patients daily and knowing the way each unit does things and being able to work with a wide range of people and dealing in many different levels of patient care.
Vidant Health is a good company to work for
Childbirth Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 1, 2018
Vidant Medical Center is a good hospital to work for with standards and practices to protect patients, safety, and licensed staff. Team work is excellent.
Great place to work!
Rehab unit staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 23, 2018
I worked night shift as a travel nurse for this company. I was treated well. This was one of my favorite travel jobs. The care partners were some of the best and hardest working that I have ever worked with.
Pros
Great Carepartners, helpful charge nurses
Great place to work for new grads
Staff Nurse/ Charge Nurse/ Clinical Coach (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 14, 2018
A typical day at Vidant was very busy and demanding. Learned how to work as a new nurse in a hospital setting, was able to use skills and training obtained. The hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts.
Overall pretty good job
Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 7, 2018
Good job but the company could do a little better about patient care coming first. They do have a good flexible schedule but due to understaffing you have to be on call a lot or pick up a lot of extra shifts to cover.
Cna
CNA II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 2, 2018
I was able to go to school and transfer to another department with my new certification.
Management supports and help you grow in your desired field.
Grateful
HIM Specialist OP 1 (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 30, 2018
My job is okay, I am thankful for the job and everyone I work with. I have worked here for 24 years. It has had its up and downs just as with everything in life. I'm thankful.
A job title with many facets
Clinical Case Manager/Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Tarboro, NCJuly 23, 2018
The most difficult part of the job in the documentation- which due to constant new "templates" requires one to chart almost the same information in four different places to meet productivity. The focus of the position has many "extras" built in, sometimes making it challenging to get the main duties done promptly and the side duties also taken care of.
Pros
love working with patients and helping them reach their goals
Cons
multi charting in several templates
Wonderful place
Supervisor, Central Services (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 20, 2018
Vidant Health is a very Wonderful place to work at.I have gain alot of knowledge and understanding on how to care for people. I have came to understand the importance of caring for ill people in my journey at Vidant.
Great workplace
Call Center Operator/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 16, 2018
Very little room for advancement unless you are referred by an employer. Some positions are not matched with the most qualified person. Management often don't back you when applying for new position(s) outside of your department
Patient focused and caring environment
IT Manager, IT Security and Disaster Recovery (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 15, 2018
Excellent patient care focus with eye toward family participation in care planning. Great personal atmosphere with excellent network of professionals.
Great place for experience, not for pay
RN (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 10, 2018
It was overall a great place to work and learn. My largest complaint was that there is no hospital system to compete with in Eastern NC, so pay (compared to the rest of the nation) was poor.
Pros
Experience, plethora of opportunities, education
Cons
Low pay
A typical day at Vidant's OR
SURGICAL TECH (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 10, 2018
A typical work day at Vidant, is going into the OR changing into scrub attire, attending the morning meeting and getting my daily assignment, Obtaining the first case cart, stocking it, Cleaning the room prior to setting up for the days Surgeries, Having a break and continuing with the next procedure, Going to lunch or giving lunch relief, and continuing with the next procedure then stocking the OR suite, then going home. I have been trained in all surgical areas, Vidant provides free CEU online for their certified surgical techs. Management are very helpful. Vidants workplace culture is very diverse. The hardest part of my job is pushing Ortho case carts. The most enjoyable part of my job is performing the surgeries daily and making a difference in the patience surgical experience.
Pros
Employee discounts program
Cons
short breaks and lunches.
Really enjoyed my time at Vidant
Nutritional Assistant/Healthcare Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 25, 2018
One of the best jobs I ever had, really enjoyed making an outstanding impact on patients with great customer service when I transported meal trays to their rooms. Also enjoyed all of the nurses and care partners, we all worked as a team on each floor serving patients.
Engaging workplace full of opportunities for growth.
Physician Relations/Medical Technology Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 22, 2018
I enjoyed my internship with the Physician Relations and Medical Technologies team. I learned an abundance of information on how different processes worked in the healthcare field. I was also able to develop my hard and soft skills as I was interning.
Please see resume
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 21, 2018
I currently assist in managing around 28 employees, performing payroll tasks in Kronos, scheduling in Flexworks and assist in clinical duties as well.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
None really.
excellent place to work. community oriented and patient first.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 20, 2018
I enjoy Vidant but do not enjoy the mandatory overtime. Too much for my family. Need 3 day week (36 hrs). Long drive to and from work. long walk from parking. need garage for employees.
Pros
payroll deduction for food and gift shop
Cons
mandatory flex up, no garage. long walk and bus trip. understaffed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight