Vidant Health Employee Reviews

Please see resume
Assistant Nurse Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 21, 2018
I currently assist in managing around 28 employees, performing payroll tasks in Kronos, scheduling in Flexworks and assist in clinical duties as well.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
None really.
Vidant Health Environment
Cook (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 19, 2018
My typical day at Vidant would consist of working on the cafeteria line as a cook or either food server at times. I learned this is a very fast paced environment and the managers are also helpful at times if you fall behind on help, but overall this is one of the best work environments i would recommend someone to work.
it was okay managment was poor
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 12, 2018
working at Vidant wasn't too bad pay was decent management was very poor but since I left Vidant they have given raises in the department and most of the management staff is no longer employed there
Level I hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 11, 2018
Worked in a fast paced ED or advanced Critical care unit. Great learning environment and ability to perform medical skills or learn new skills daily. Great working environment.
It's a job
PRINCIPAL TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 7, 2018
Hasn't been the same since it changed from Pitt County Memorial Hospital. In the trainer role, there is much travel between locations which are not usually near each other.
Nice place
Unit Coordinator, Special Care Nursery (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 5, 2018
12 hr shifts with a few breaks in between.
The hospital is trying to please most of the staff.

Need more bonus pay at the end of the year for all the hard work we have done
Pros
PTO is accrued
Cons
Sick bank has to be approved by an outside company in order to use
Overworked and underpaid
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 30, 2018
Many overworked employees and also many underpaid employees. Culture is to take care of the patients at the end of the day. But lack of communication is supreme.
Pros
Lunchbreaks
Cons
management
Decent Starter Job
Heber Williams, Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 25, 2018
Based on my experience with Vidant working in the parking services department, I feel the management is very lacking in accountability and organization but as far as a company speaking, Vidant was a great opportunity to connect with people I could see myself potentially working beside.
This is Management?
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 24, 2018
Worst management ever. Worked in Operating room. If you worked hard and fast to get your scheduled surgeries done your reward would be you get to do add on surgeries. Very clickish staff. Some would throw you under the bus quick! Don't dare complain or suggest something for improvement. Was actually in a staff meeting and when someone brought up a problem and suggestion. A manager told them that if they didn't like it to quit, they would get someone to replace them. They will hire Nurses/staff from Canada, and pay hiring bonuses to hire them. It takes some time to train them and become familiar with the place. But after their two years was up they were outa here! Now get to hire someone new and train them. In two years they were gone too. Instead of taking care of the staff they already have. Many times understaffed and didn't have anyone to give you a lunch break. Many Nurse managers were managers only because they had a 4 year degree not because they could manage anything. Surgical Techs treated poorly. No respect. I will say that once Surgery was underway the patient was the #1 concern. Some staff wear scrubs outside the hospital and go straight to the O.R. Unprofessional. Nothing said. Enjoyed the benefits but the unbelievable political correctness is nauseating. Run! Run like the wind!
benefits
Cons
see above.
A rewarding place to work
Nurse Triage RN I-Health Direct (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 23, 2018
An excellent place to work. A lot of opportunities to advance your career. The hospital has become a big hospital but still has the small town feel. You have to find what job works for you and make the best out of it.

Want to know more about Vidant Health?

Ask a question
You can always get extra hours. Need a cost of living raise
Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 22, 2018
Cost living raise. Charge to much for lunch and dinner.communication with the staff and supervisor need a improvement. Need improved how give out points for working.
Enjoyable
Office of General Counsel (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 18, 2018
The Office of General Counsel can be a difficult place to navigate sometimes, considering some of the negative situations we encountered, but the staff make the job easier to manage.
Challenging but always rewarding
Medical Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 16, 2018
Challenging at times but always rewarding. I like the interaction between myself and my patients on a day to day basis. I like that I play a huge role in their health.
Great People and environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 11, 2018
I worked in a busy unit with a lot of patient turn over. The other nurses were always willing to help and provide support. Vidant is a great place to work.
Pros
Benefits, 401K
Cons
one half hour lunch break if you can squeeze it in.
Very fast paced and learned patience
Area Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 10, 2018
The hardest part of my job was making sure I had the patients room ready for them upon their arrival.I learned to move at a very fast pace and that became somewhat overwhelming at times.
Pros
Patience
Cons
short breaks
Great place to establish a career and plant roots
Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 7, 2018
Vidant Health has a strong sense of community. The individuals that work for this company are dedicated professionals that have a passion for healthcare and the community they serve.
Difficult culture
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 29, 2018
Worked here for approx 10 years in same department. The saying "if you die, your job listing would be posted before your obituary" is true here. They really do not care about their employees. Has actually been said " they can be replaced." I was in leadership, and this was said by management. Great for getting nursing experience. Co-workers were good, of course we had the mentality of stick together to survive the shift. Overworked 9.5 out of 10 shifts.
Review Summary
Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 25, 2018
It's a great place to work. You will enjoy working for Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, NC. They have a excellent staffing in place to make you feel like home.
Flexible, Love My Co workers
Certified Nursing Assistant, Care Partner (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 24, 2018
I love my co workers, we are like a family. I also appreciate the self scheduling approach. I enjoy working in all areas of the hospital, it allows me to learn and continue to develop my skill set.
Leader in Healthcare
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 12, 2018
Vidant Medical Center is an excellent place to work. The hospital strives to proved exemplary care to the patients it serves. A typical day was filled with opportunities to meet the needs of the community. The hardest part of the job would be times of limited staffing.
Pros
Providing excellent patient care
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vidant Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight