VIDEO ONLY

VIDEO ONLY Employee Reviews

VIDEO ONLY insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Too much work and not enough help.

Tough warehouse work and tiring distribution work.Many other better jobs elsewhere. Pay is decent.Great area for food convenience and personal shopping.No overtime and benefits are below average.

installing

The job was fun and interesting to work. Was able to go to many places to install tvs and home theater systems. On one occasion, I was able to install a tv for a player of the San Francisco 49ers. I also had the opportunity to install some tvs at the Oakland Raider Stadium.

Salesmen Are First Priority

Working as a warehouse employee, you will quickly come to understand that you are not as valued as the salesmen employed by the company. The proof is in the pay. They pay whatever Mountain View decides is minimum wage and they demand that you bend over backwards in assisting salesmen complete deliveries they scheduled OR did NOT schedule. A warehouse employee will always be held responsible for their mistakes , while sales people rarely incur any consequences for theirs. The

Great place to work for someone just beginning their career

The corporate office plays Musical Managers on a regular basis. If you are in management at the store level and your store underperforms 3 months in a row you will be demoted back to salesperson.

Not worth the time and effort I put into it.

Complete waste of my time. No where to go. Management positions were based on friendship with the District Manager. Working condition were poor in a vintage store location. Carpet was held together with duct tape. Archaic Point of Sale Systems and complicated payout system.

Pros

Cons

Commision based

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Can pay well but company cares little about employees

Help customers find the entertainment equipment that meets their needs. Management is pressured very hard from the top so that usually flows down hill. Building displays is as hard as it gets. Playing with new tech was the most enjoyable

Good pay, long holidays and weekends. Management turn over often.

Was a better place to work when the tv market was stronger. Your commission so you better be able to sell. No paid vacation. Medical is below average. No 401k. Over all an ok place, could have been a much better place to work. Upper management could care less, unless your numbers are poor.

Pros

Pretty steady pay for the most part.

Cons

Weekends and evenings are pretty common. Holidays you work them all for the most part.

Relaxed and fun!

Great place to work! I was pretty young so I don't remember everything but I do remember the life long friends I made at Video Only. They truly do have the best prices around!

Pros

Relaxed Atmosphere

Cons

Can't think of any

Very fun workplace

Fun atmosphere, employee relations are great. Managers are very easy to work for. Products are great only sell top rated electronics which makes it super easy to sell especially since we are less expensive than anyone.

Pros

Very easy work pretty good pay

Cons

long hours during holidays, no 401k

Fun company to work for.

Video Only is a bull dog in the flat panel market. The owner of the company is a great leader with incredible vision of the market place. Strong values, and great execution, this company was built to last. The culture is professional, and the employee are some of the best in the entire country.

Pros

Great work environment, great income potenial

Can be fast paced

Very backloaded as far as pay. Summer is slow. Winter with holidays are very busy. great staff. fun job. Good fit for anyone looking to make decent money but requires alot of time, and knowledge. with a strong ability to close sales

Pros

good pay

Cons

long days

Not the best sales floor

Sales floor is very competitive and the mangers tend to look away from sneaky sales associates who essentially steal deals from others. Pay is decent, but the plan could be bumped up a bit.

Great place to work.

Amazing work place with excellent income potential. If your looking for a fast paced environment to thrive in this would be the perfect company for with.

Great work enviroment.

Home delivery and installation. Fun work atmosphere depending on work position. Hours very during holiday season being a retail company.

Pros

Flexiblity

Cons

Not many options for advancement

Video only was an amazing place to work!

I loved working at video only! Management is always helpful and all of my coworkers were fun to work with!

Pros

Cash Rewards

Cons

You put in a lot of hours during the holiday season.

The last place I could find in a commission structure.

They have room for improvement in many areas. The warehouse is an accident waiting to happen and we were required to lift over 100 pounds in tight quarters on a regular basis and they didn't supply any safety gear. Management was sometimes childish and immature. The way they handle customer situations was not as good as I am used to seeing in the 20+ years I have been in this business. Store policies are a part of this, I would not shop there knowing what I know now .The employees were nice people I just don't agree with the way the company is run. I learned to hard sell electronics. I never had to before but maybe it is just another change in the business model. They feel it is impossible to succeed without doing so.I was much happier at Magnolia AV and The Good Guys and made a lot more money there as well,

Pros

Commission structure was good

Cons

Very little advertising and not very many oppertunities to sell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIDEO ONLY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• VIDEO ONLY