Viejas Casino & Resort Employee Reviews

Solo trabajar
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Alpine, CAJuly 13, 2018
La empresa por sí sola es buena tiene buenas prestaciones pero pagan el mínimo y mi departamento tiene una mala administración y ha ido decayendo el ambiente de trabajo es pesado y tedioso pero no es por el trabajo si no por las personas que no tienen experiencia en su cargo
Pros
Seguro médico 41k
Cons
Poco personal y cargas forzadas de trabajo
I was not happy working there.. I found the guests to be tacky and the experience working there was not what I had expected.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJune 11, 2018
I knew that the Casino was a smoking atmosphere when I applied there, but I thought that the guests would be of a better class then those that do go there.
A typical day at work was mostly very dull. The store did not get many customers, and when it did, they looked and then left. I did try to tactfully get them to make purchases.
I was happy at first, mostly because of the team members with whom I worked. There were days when I opened, which consisted of counting movie tickets, checking stock, making sure that everything was clean and ready for the customers.
I did learn how to set up displays and how to maintain the stock room, and my inventory skills were brushed up.
The majority of the people who work there are Mexican, or Asian, there are also White people.. The clientele are a mixture of Asians, Black, Mexicans, the more affluent Spanish, some white, some Indian, some from the Middle East.
There are some very nice people that work there, but there are also some snooty people, people who are two faced. Arrogance is not a pleasant trait, especially on women.
From my experience, the management there is pretty good. They are helpful, and follow through with their promises.
The hardest part of the job for me, was the lack of business. I was able to find a few things to do, but how many times can you dust the displays, or rearrange the displays? Sometimes an eight hour day was just a drag.
The most enjoyable part of the job when I started, was my team members, and some of the other team members in the casino that I met there, but half of the ones that I worked
  more... with, left to go back to their old jobs, or moved out of San Diego all together. After that it wasn't fun for me anymore.
I left the job to get the job at SeaWorld.
Pros
The pay.
Cons
The distant to the break room for ten minute breaks for me, the cigarette smoke, the two faced team members, and the Lead of the gift store who has been there for twelve years!
Decent Establishment
Spa Concierge (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAMay 15, 2018
They were unwilling to work with my hours for my daughters child care so i unfortunately had to put in a resignation. Poor management, casino smoke was becoming a health hazard.
Life change experience
Associate (Bingo) (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAFebruary 26, 2018
I enjoyed the Culture always upbeat and the customers were always so wonderful to work for. I took on this position as a challenge as I had never been involved in this industry. I advanced to many positions of the Bingo games. I worked as a Floor Clerk and then advanced to the caller. This is a serious industry for the customers that play everyday and so rewarding for me to see when they win. The hardest was to be in a smoking environment.
Good place
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAFebruary 19, 2018
Lots of money
tons of career advancement opportunity within the system provided by the human resources department and within the hotel and casino, very good
It had ups and downs
Floor Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAOctober 30, 2017
Working there was a little unorganized they were never truly sure on where they would need you so, you were always on the go, which in a way helped more with my flexability and ability to adjust to new settings. There was a lot of great management but some in particular who needed to work on how they approached people.
A total nightmare, but good money
Casino Service Rep. Lead (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAOctober 9, 2017
They go through employees at an alarming rate. It doesn't matter how hard you work, if a manager decides they don't like you for any reason, you're gone. There is zero loyalty. They can always hire more people, so they really don't care. If you can stomach the amount of brown-nosing and back-stabbing, then good luck. Great company if you are cutthroat as well.
Pros
Money
Cons
No loyalty, no set schedules, managers lie consistently.
This place was terrible
Casino Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2017
Viejas was a terrible place to work. Period. Working 40+ hrs per week as part time, no chance of advancement, no benefits, and poor management decisions. Treated like less than human.
Pros
Paycheck.
Cons
Everything else
Over all I will recommend the company, you just have to work hard, show up to work everyday and don't be late and you will be compensated.
Casino Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJune 30, 2017
I enjoyed working there, but sometimes management sucks! hardest part is working weekends and 6 days all the time,not enough time to spend with your family, and the best part working there was meeting people, whether its your co worker or guess, they will become your friends. They also take care of their employee but for them the most important are the guest who come and play.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
A lot of employees quit and get fired, even you are a part timer, they will scheduled you 6 days!
Pretty decent work environment, bit of a disconnect with management
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJune 8, 2017
The work culture was pretty positive and included people from all walks of life and all ages which I loved. There was't much room for growth, which wasn't favorable, but generally it was a good place to work.
Pros
Inexpensive lunches, positive work environment
Cons
No mat to stand on when standing for 8 hours, resulting in extremely painful feet
I really enjoyed working there
Cook I (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJune 8, 2017
The pace at Viejas is very fast and very demanding, there is always something going on there, always something to do and they do take pretty good care of their employees.
Pros
job security
Cons
its kind of far depending on where you live in San Diego
Great People
Bingo Inventory Control Associate (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAMay 20, 2017
To work in the Casino Industry you need to be very patient and always be in a great attitude, you get to meet some nice people who understand that if they don't win its not your fault and then you meet some people that don't want to understand the rules.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Hours
Good place to work just do not be late even once
HVACR Technician (Former Employee) –  ALPINEMay 15, 2017
Great work experience and co workers were very knowledgeable. You will work the holidays even the important ones. Lots of opportunities to move up and work different positions
Pros
Not very hard work
Cons
Very strict policies
The Managers were well hated throughout the outlets
Arcade Attendant (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAApril 29, 2017
The job its self was extremly easy the only challenging part was dealing with the manager at the outlets. She was not nice, always mad at something, and took it out on all the employee's. When where I worked was being attempted to rob she showed up next day and gave me a gift card for $10 at subway. The following week I was fired and no reason was given after 2 weeks of trying to figure out why I gave up. The month before I was fired my roommate/friend was fired by the exact same manager for a bull reason.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Bad management
Customers made my day
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAMarch 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Management was going through a lot of changes and that made it tough but the guest made my job fun and made me keep coming back everyday
Fun job.
Bingo Manager/ Bingo clerk (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAMarch 20, 2017
Had a great time working there.Most enjoyable part was interacting with all the regular guests. Being able to help and communicate with team members daily.
Nightly duties
Count Team Member (Current Employee) –  Alpine, CAMarch 18, 2017
We're responsible for pulling all canisters from slot machines throughout the casino nightly, running all money through the MPS machines and strapping it to make sure it balances and is ready to be sold to the main banker.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great schedule
Cons
Hard to accumilate PTO
Good place to work with many opportunities
Customer Service Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alpine, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Always a busy day or night. Great place full of opportunities. Hourly salary plus tips. Great PTO compensation. Always room for over time. Fast consistent pace all the time.
Casino services
Casino Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpine, CADecember 11, 2016
I am working all over the casino its fun and adventurous. I love making my guest happy and i love to smile always. Give them a great service.
Pros
Salad bar, Free Drinks
no life outside of work
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CASeptember 11, 2016
good environment to work in.
everybody easy to get along with.
good training.
rigid schedule.
meeting different people
low cost casino lunches.
off site group activity s
Pros
off site group activitys and good wages
Cons
no holidays off and several blakout days