VIEMED Employee Reviews

Busy, productive, fun work place
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 11, 2019
Viemed is the job I had been searching for for a long time. My co-worker's are great, we work as a team, and management is great, Management will step in anytime to help with issues we may have and they all have an open door policy. We are treated fairly, compensated well, and the benefits are terrific!
Pros
2 15 minute breaks and an hour lunch break
Best job I've ever had
Clinical Liaison (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
Viemed is an amazing place to work. The team approach that the company has is unrivaled. You work at your own pace, though it can get busy, but as long as your a self-motivated person, your able to get your work completed. You basically make your own hours, and the work / home life balance is amazing. I'm able to spend more time with my family than any job I have ever had. You do get called by patients and referral sources often, but you are still home, which makes it not as strenuous. The management is always happy to help as much as possible, and the teamwork is unlike any place I have ever been employed. Benefits are great as well. I am extremely lucky to work for a great organization like Viemed.
Pros
Work /life balance, benefits, hours, teamwork, management
Cons
Can be stressful at times. Patients calling at inconvenient times
Best Job Transition I've ever made!!!
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 19, 2019
After being a RT at a local hospital for 5 years on night shift, I have to say this is the best job I've ever had.

Viemed is not your average DME company. You are not treated as "another number" with this company. They offer many great benefits to their employees. Even though you work remotely, there are multiple resources available if questions and or issues arise. We pride ourselves on patient care and educating our patients on their disease process and ways to help improve their breathing. One of the greatest rewards is being able to build relationships with your patients and being able to see the impact it can place on the patient and their loved ones.

Safe to say, I will not be returning to the hospital!!
VieMed reviews are not accurate!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYMarch 18, 2019
As a former Respiratory Therapist for VieMed, I find the negative reviews to be extremely untruthful! While everyone is entitled to their opinion, my experience with VieMed was nothing but positive. My patient load was reasonable, management was always available to listen, and the culture, work/life balance, pay and benefits were excellent and incredibly competitive within our industry.
Pros
Pay, Compensation and Work/Life Balance
Cons
VieMed = The Best Place I've Ever Worked!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, KYMarch 16, 2019
Viemed is truly the best patient centric organization that I have ever worked for. They do the "Right Things Right!" My RT Manager was always available for any questions that I had, and they responded timely for all of my requests. Leadership was focused on investing back into the lives of their employees, and not many companies can say that. Benefits were competitive and Viemed paid for the majority share of Medical and Dental premiums. Work/Life was equally balanced with my Patient Load. Education and Advancement opportunities were always there for me to take or not take. I recommend Viemed to all my friends in the Respiratory Therapy and DME world. Do yourself a favor - check them out!
Pros
Benefits, Management, Advancement, Support and Leadership
Fast Paced and Fun Work Enviroment
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 12, 2019
Personally this has been one of the best places I have ever worked.
When they explain benefits and perks, you think to yourself that you just cannot believe it to be true. OH but it is definitely true. They treat you like family. You do have days that can be busy but coming from a hospital and being the only RT to cover 24 bed ICU a busy day here is nothing compared to a stressful day in a hospital. Could not pay me enough money to return working in a facility after working for VIEMED. Management is always willing to assist with any issues or concerns you may experience. Great company to work for!
Fast paced but family feeling
Revenue (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 1, 2019
Viemed is honestly the best place I've ever worked. The owners treat everyone like friends and you can tell they are good people. We're in a growth period right now so there's some stress but it's good stress and we all have something to look forward to with it. I love my job and just like so many of my coworkers I'm happy to come to work in the morning! If I could give one piece of advice, I'd tell the bosses never ever lose that culture and the kind ways they show today. When you treat people right they are inspired to do more and BE more for the company. Don't fall into the trend of terrible corporate rules and pithy efficiencies. Live your life, best job ever!
Pros
Family feeling throughout, culture is like none other, caring from top down
Productive DME company, fast paced!
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Home BasedFebruary 26, 2019
To me it required more work than working for a full service hospital. Paperwork was way too much, this required alot of time and was required to be sent in within 24 hrs. My immediate manager was always available for questions or guidance but the newly promoted clinical manager was all about making more paperwork, guidelines, and demands. I felt constantly under pressure, couldn't really enjoy my job or take time with my patients as I did in beginning.
She was looking to impress upper management instead of being an approachable team leader. This lady really needed to remain in Oklahoma, we we're doing better without her attitude!!!
Amazing company
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 20, 2019
As a RT I would never want to go back into a facility after how amazing this job is. It can be stressful at times but it balances out with free time. If you have children it is very flexible to your schedule
Horrible management
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 22, 2019
Always hiring new managers as no one knows who they are managing. Forget about getting answers to questions because they are of no help. Training is ridiculous, thrown into job after about 2 hrs of training. This place is a joke!!
overall experience
Assistant Medical Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 1, 2018
overall experience was ok until they had to get an outside management company to help in intake of funds due to they did not investigate company they bought that was out of state.
Cons
One of the best jobs I've ever had!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LASeptember 6, 2018
The company has a great culture and benefits. The CEO knows everyone by name and treats you as if you're an old friend. When it comes time to get the job done everyone works together to reach our goal. Patient care is their number one priority from the clinical/sales team to those in the home office.
Fast growing company with great culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 28, 2018
You can feel the camaraderie walking in the door. The company is expanding very quickly and there is a lot of growth potential if you are willing to take on additional tasks. Management is willing to provide training opportunities to develop you and help advance your career.
Bonuses are high to tolerate a horrible environment
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 31, 2018
Misfits are hired to push out product so company makes money. Bonuses are high, if you can make it that long and the environment is very toxic and unprofessional. Unprofessionalism is rewarded as long as you are making money. Results are manipulated in order to produce more. NO ETHICS
Pros
High bonuses for all employee
Cons
Unprofessional and dishonest
Fast growing company with excellent leadership and company culture.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 20, 2018
Viemed has a wonderful work environment with highly motivated and innovative leadership. Employees across all departments are encouraged to work as a Team to reach company-wide goals. Its a great place to work if you enjoy a challenge and a fast pace.
Awesome place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  LouiJuly 20, 2018
VieMed is a one of a kind DME. A great environment to share my knowledge and contribute on multiple levels. Great benefits with low employee premiums.
Pros
HR Department was very helpful.
Promising future!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2018
Staff is encouraged to work together to do better for the patients. A team effort at all levels. Growing company with lots of potential for making a difference.
Immediate manager micromanages
RT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 27, 2018
The company itself was a great place to work. But the immediate manager for Oklahoma was overbearing, and micromanaged every move made. She sent emails constantly, and it was difficult to take care of my patients when constantly on computer/phone responding to emails /text messages.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Highly stressful dealing with management, and extra on call hours
unfriendly and unpleasant work enviroment with unprofessional leadership specifically in the billing department
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 27, 2018
My experience thus far has not been very pleasant. The leadership is unprofessional and unpleasant in the billing department. The moral and atmosphere is not welcoming.
Your taught nothing
Home Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 8, 2017
You are thrown into a fast paced city with multiple demands and often have to battle with those who should be guiding you, instead make the job harder
Pros
salary
Cons
not long term, no goals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIEMED. Our community is ready to answer.