Villa Healthcare Employee Reviews

Brookview is AMAZING
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 21, 2019
I have been with Brookview for 2 months now and it is amazing. The team is supportive and fun. The residents are interesting and appreciative. Villa has great energy and ideas for future growth.
Pros
support, fun, challenging, wages, benefits
Horrible place to work..
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 10, 2019
Very Hostile Environment to work at. Very immature nd unprofessional staff. Residents are poorly treated, well the residents without family... I wouldnt recommend anyone to work here. The worst place ever. A buch of women with mean girl personalities with staff nd residents.
Pros
Building rapport with residents
Cons
Lack of respect, no team support
Terrible Cut Throat company with no idea what they are doing
Director of Nursing (DON) (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNFebruary 3, 2019
Take a look at Villa Centers once and awhile and see what their open positions look like, I can tell you there will always be 100. Can’t keep employees from starter positions to Director of Nursing. Short staffed, asked to do multiple jobs, deal with negative management at the center and non existent corporate “help” On a normal day. Villa looks for “rockstars” and burns them out in months and the rockstars go where they are appreciated. Do you want to be talked down to, or not talked to at all, how about aggressiveness from your supervisor? That’s what you’ll get here at Villa. Easy interview (show up and you have the job) but quickly turns into a nightmare, staffing is terrible too, always a huge issue! Run but you can’t hide, they willl call you everyday, multiple times to beg you to work. HR is non existent. Try talking to Jason in HR once and awhile, or don’t waste your time. They are under a 5 year investigation with the office of inspector general due to unethical practice and fraudulent activity! 5 years! Used to be Extendicare, used to be Fortis, all bankrupt, nothing has changed. Don’t waste your time here, they won’t waste their time on you,nor will you be appreciated. DONs and Administrators get ready to file 5-10 VA reports a week. Poor surveys with up to 30 deficiencies should have you running for your life, your career and your license. Mine was threatened by working here. 50-60 hour work week DONs. Vacations never approved, so lots of PTO that you can’t use because there is always an emergency or investigation going on. On call every day, every week 365. Lots  more... of calls too. Watch your back, your license and your respectability. Turn 180 degrees and run. Oh, and I didn’t get fired. I put in a 30 day notice. Heartbreaking. Run while you can.  less
Pros
Patients
Cons
Pay, short staffed, not appreciated, unethical company with unethical practices, no corporate or management support, sad stories.
Organization needs to be more organized
Dietary Cook (Current Employee) –  Orion, MIJanuary 11, 2019
Communication needs to be approve. Love the work I do just not enough team work. The people are well taken care of and they have balance meals. There are some days where it’s needs to be cleaned
Keep Looking! The Villa St. Louis Park is AWFUL!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNDecember 28, 2018
Loved working with the residents but management is AWFUL. But worse than the management is the "Corporate office" and upper management. Their is no room for creativity in your position because the corporate office wants something done exactly the same across the board- forget what makes your community different than the rest. The workers on the floor work SO HARD! Most staff are working insane amounts of hours due to inability to staff for the needs of the patients. Everyone calls in because they are exhausted from working so many hours. It is all about the bottom line and making money. Forget the needs of the residents. The call lights are on for long periods of time and the management will claim they aren't, but they are. You go down the hallways and you cannot find any staff to help anyone. The TCU looks great but then you see the poor residents living upstairs where they never bothered to remodel and it will keep you up at night. If you are salary you will never be fairly compensated for the work you do- they will tell you the hours are "Flexible"- flex up when it is busy and "down" when it is not- the "down" never comes. You can't take a vacation because you will come back to a desk piled with everything that was not done while you were gone. Do not plan on having a lunch break .One should always be careful when you see so many job openings and high bonuses to entice new victims to work here. They say "We make people better" I never found this to be true. They treated residents like dollar signs.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No breaks, unable to use vacation time, treated poorly!
Horrible company
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 19, 2018
Villa Healthcare is a joke! Top heavy management with nothing but the bottom line on their minds. Patient care is permanently on the back burner. Villa is great at making employees do double the work with form after form etc. Zero praise or recognition. No annual raises, health insurance premiums that go up by 20% annually, poor vacation compensation, and management expects you to put your personal and family life second to work ridiculous hours on short notice. Next to no employee orientation, the blind lead the blind. 1 Star management equals a 1 Star building
Pros
Cons
Demeaning management, clicky, managers that gossip and talk behind their employees backs
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 10, 2018
Dont pay on time horrible place to work. I wouldnt suggest no one working there. Hr is horrible yhey pay is super low and its smells of urine. Also too many patients per room not accommodating at all to residents.
Really Think about working here
Employee (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 28, 2018
Everyone afraid to call compliance number
They feel it will get back to them
Increase in our benefits with minimal rate as it is
No job security , they don’t care those filling out reviews are the corporate people - read reviews from Michigan
Pros
There is not one - when it was another company they cared
Cons
They don’t care
Worst place I have ever worked
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNNovember 24, 2018
Always short staffed & the residents suffered as they were left in bed all day in dirty briefs. Call lights on for long periods of time, if the residents could even reach them. Inadequate training. Very unsafe environment. Unreasonable amounts of work for the number of staff to complete it. No breaks unless you had no desire to complete your work and leave at a decent time.
Never supplies available when you need them. Management only helps when the state is in the building. Questionable why some of them are even in management. This place is unethical! They worry about the money and not the residents. They have this motto “we make people better” but don’t live by that motto. More like “we make people worse while stripping them of their dignity.” I would never allow a member of my family to be cared for in this place.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, low pay, understaffed
Many flaws
Other (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILNovember 6, 2018
Management pretends to be your friend then come back and talk about you and your personal information you entrusted in them. Call in and the next day everyone knows why you called in. Very inconsistent, today you think your following the rules and the next day your deemed because without notice the rules have changed. You really can't make friends because you are judged by who you talk to. Very disrespectful and judgmental.
Pros
flexable schedules, in house gym with showers in bathroom
Cons
No lunchroom seating area
Great company
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Palos Heights, ILOctober 26, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at the company and all of the people that I worked with. They had a lot of opportunities for training, personal growth and career development.
Would Not Recommend - No Accountability
HR (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 18, 2018
- Poor benefits package, no immediate vesting in 401k (something offered by most companies), unresponsive HR (it was like pulling teeth to get answers to the most basic questions)

- Company boasts about team outings, but poor planning leads to artificial time crunches, which as you could imagine, actually has the opposite effect on morale.

- Rampant favoritism and lack of accountability from management and team leaders. Is working the occasional weekend or evening expected in an exempt position? Sure. However working until 9:30 PM while other team members are simply excused without reason is just one example of the lack of accountability previously noted.

- Ultimately I was let go for "not being a great culture fit." I'll let you infer the meaning of that statement.
good healthcare company low pay
Regional Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  northern mIchiganJuly 17, 2018
villa is a nice place to represent takes care of residents very well and cares for them. low pay and no room for growth with top heavy management is its downfall.
Pros
great care given
Cons
low pay lack of advancement
Bad Management
HR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 1, 2018
Bad Management!!! They lie and overwork all employees it was the worse job i have ever had. I would so hard to be payed what I did please take my warming and don't join the company .
great culture, pace is too fast
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNApril 4, 2018
Great company to work for, but it's very fast pace. You need to be able to keep up. High stress, but the support is great. I was a new nurse, but I learned a lot.
Villa is getting there
Associate (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I’ve been working with Villa for over two years. I’ve seen many changes, many struggles, and many replacements. I truly believe we are finally on the “right track”. They are cleaning house of toxic people, ensuring growth and offering many opportunities to advance and learn more. A year ago I might have said a very different review, but I am glad I stuck it out and I truly believe we are doing much better. The two things I will say are still somewhat an issue is that we can be over worked and that we are underpaid. I know we are growing and I see it getting better but that just always seems to a problem. Otherwise, Villa is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and approachable and the leadership are smart and hardworking people who care about their staff.
Pros
Snacks in the kitchen, fun events throughout the office, friendly knowleagble staff
Cons
A bit strict with breaks & lunches, slightly underpaid, slightly understaffed
Other members of leadership team weren't that friendly
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Sherman, IL 62684February 9, 2018
Put in a lot of hours a week due to staff call ins. Leadership team was not always supportive of my department. I enjoyed working with patients and families.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
on call
No management communication and political infighting
HRIS Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 30, 2018
No communication from management and infighting between group members. Constantly worrying about what is communicated between peers for fear of being misinterpreted and receiving backlash. Group members do not work as a team. No documented policies or procedures so direction is not consistent. Problems brought forth to management are disregarded and corrective action is not taken. High stress due to the political games being played. Group members look to 'throw you under the bus' any chance they get in an effort to forward their own advancement in the company.
Cons
No management communication, political infighting, no policies or procedures, high Health Care cost
Review
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2018
Fast paced. The management changes often. You learn a lot about business. Most employees are really friendly and make work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is to juggle multiple tasks at once. You must stay organized. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help families and patients in the process.
Best decision I ever made
Admissions Director (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 27, 2017
I love working here! And even though is only been a few months I have learned so much!! I really enjoy the culture and the vision of this company. I think working in a SNF is a great expirience
Pros
Compensation
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villa Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.