Villa Healthcare Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Making people better
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 3, 2018
At Villa from the top on down they believe in the philosophy of making people better from employees to their residents. No they have not perfected it but with the leadership they have in place its all possible. The CNO at this company is the nurse every nurse strives to be more like, she does not forget what it is like to be within the facility, she encourages us to be more
Pros
great support
Cons
staffing challenges
Bad Management
HR (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 1, 2018
Bad Management!!! They lie and overwork all employees it was the worse job i have ever had. I would so hard to be payed what I did please take my warming and don't join the company .
great culture, pace is too fast
Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis Park, MNApril 4, 2018
Great company to work for, but it's very fast pace. You need to be able to keep up. High stress, but the support is great. I was a new nurse, but I learned a lot.
Villa is getting there
Associate (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILFebruary 20, 2018
I’ve been working with Villa for over two years. I’ve seen many changes, many struggles, and many replacements. I truly believe we are finally on the “right track”. They are cleaning house of toxic people, ensuring growth and offering many opportunities to advance and learn more. A year ago I might have said a very different review, but I am glad I stuck it out and I truly believe we are doing much better. The two things I will say are still somewhat an issue is that we can be over worked and that we are underpaid. I know we are growing and I see it getting better but that just always seems to a problem. Otherwise, Villa is a great place to work. Everyone is very friendly and approachable and the leadership are smart and hardworking people who care about their staff.
Pros
Snacks in the kitchen, fun events throughout the office, friendly knowleagble staff
Cons
A bit strict with breaks & lunches, slightly underpaid, slightly understaffed
Other members of leadership team weren't that friendly
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Sherman, IL 62684February 9, 2018
Put in a lot of hours a week due to staff call ins. Leadership team was not always supportive of my department. I enjoyed working with patients and families.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
on call
No management communication and political infighting
HRIS Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 30, 2018
No communication from management and infighting between group members. Constantly worrying about what is communicated between peers for fear of being misinterpreted and receiving backlash. Group members do not work as a team. No documented policies or procedures so direction is not consistent. Problems brought forth to management are disregarded and corrective action is not taken. High stress due to the political games being played. Group members look to 'throw you under the bus' any chance they get in an effort to forward their own advancement in the company.
Cons
No management communication, political infighting, no policies or procedures, high Health Care cost
Review
Director of Admissions (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 21, 2018
Fast paced. The management changes often. You learn a lot about business. Most employees are really friendly and make work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is to juggle multiple tasks at once. You must stay organized. The most enjoyable part of the job was to help families and patients in the process.
Best decision I ever made
Admissions Director (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 27, 2017
I love working here! And even though is only been a few months I have learned so much!! I really enjoy the culture and the vision of this company. I think working in a SNF is a great expirience
Pros
Compensation
Cons
N/a
Caring for the residents was my most rewarding job I have ever had.
C.N.A Certified nurces aid (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIDecember 1, 2017
I enjoyed working at Bortz now under new ownership is now named Villa Heathcare. I was able to work my way up. The Villa paid for my training/ education to be a C.N.A. Also trained me to be in the Rehabilation theropy for the residents.I loved my job.
Pros
Knowing at the end of the day you really made a diffrence.
Cons
At the time I worked there their zero toleranc on calling in.
Terrible place to work😡😡😡
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Orion, MIOctober 19, 2017
Always short staff, some nurses don't do their job or half do it. Wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy. And management don't care unless states coming in
Pros
Love the residents
Cons
No staff
Lofty ideals, shoddy practices
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 22, 2017
They seem to have good intentions but they have difficulty putting ideals into practice. They raise peoples expectations and then fail to deliver. If you're not one of their favorites, your experience will be less than extraordinary -- a lot less.
Keep looking.
nursing (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 16, 2017
1 good thing from corporate- 95% healthcare premium paid by Villa.
Otherwise mangers expected to work like a dog, meet unfair deadlines and expectations. When other managers quit, their work is put onto one or more employees to pick up the slack on top of your own.
LONG LONG days. Never a thank you. CONSTANT turnover. Poor HR cannot keep up.
Since spring of 2017- 10 MN managers quit, what does that tell ya? We lost count here in Wisconsin, plus the COO of this company quit.
Your supervisors will give you a few minutes to share your feelings but no changes are ever made.
Hourly staff is stretched thin. Short staffed, no incentives for picking up shifts. Such high expectations.... unrealistic. But, to keep the office chair warm those Administrators are paid BIG bucks.... Sad sad sad. The company is falling apart. They keep updating facilities with bad workers with bad work, which we learned is to glaze people over and cover up the true mess. Don't waste your time.
Not very good working environment
Diector (Current Employee) –  Mt Pleasant, WIJuly 24, 2017
Company cares more about making money than providing good care of residents. Very stingy with paid time off. After 11 months of full time employment, never late or missed a day of work, I earned only 4 days paid vacation! Very few paid holidays. High burnout. Management doesn't practice what they preach. Staff unfriendly and not cooperative to other staff.
Cons
Poor management. Bad employees are tolerated, good employees aren't rewarded. Horrible lack of benefits, vacation time accrual. Demands 30 notice to use what little time is earned.
Its a nice place to work
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sherman, ILJune 20, 2017
Villa is a nursing home with about 100 residents they ate breakfast, lunch,dinner and between all of that some residents would leave to see family or go out with family ,some will get there nails done and there was a hair place in the nursing home were they can get there hair curled,dyed, or cut or what ever they wanted they could watch movies or do puzzles or walk around outside or have bingo ,and other activities like that but this is a great place to work
Pros
Free food after everyone ate
Cons
Not long enough breaks
Horrible place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Green lake estateJune 9, 2017
Management plays dirty. short staff. Patient care is poor. A lot of racial tension. Poor team work. Management does not abide by its own policies. A lot of favoritism are played.
Poor Management
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMay 21, 2017
If you worked hard for your professional title give serious thought about NOT applying to this company. Poor infrastructure and management team. Lack of team building and professional respect.
Horrible place to work for
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Petoskey, MIMay 19, 2017
The managment team does not care about the residents. they care about the money. CNAs are short staffed always and over worked and unrespected by nurses and management.
In need of an entirely new management style.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 16, 2017
Very diverse and interesting clientele. Very rewarding work. Management turn over rate is too frequent. Issues brought to their attention are almost never resolved. As an employee you feel like and are treated as though you are not valued or appreciated. Be prepared to work short handed almost every day.
Pros
Rewarding work interesting clientele demographic
Cons
Lack of employees, Management has high turn over.
clean and good environment to work in.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 3, 2017
I liked working at Villa Healthcare. The management team was very good and worked well with you and with our schedule. They trained me in different areas and taught me how to work with different patients. My skills with my patients got better and they constantly helped me improve on my activities of daily living.
Fast Paced Growth Culture
Director of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Racine, WIMarch 29, 2017
In the ever-changing world of healthcare, Villa has a clear objective to grow, evolve and stay ahead of industry trends with exceptional care, unexpected luxury and passionate service. The leadership teams at the regional and national level are engaged and involved - they desire to promote talented employees and retain great employees through creating a positive culture by celebrating successes and coaching their teams through challenging times. Villa is the company to work for if you're motivated to advance your career and surround yourself with like-minded passionate people.
Pros
compensation, advancement, culture
Cons
some staff turnover