Villa Restaurant Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horario que se ajusta a las necesidades en base al salario ofrecido.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 17, 2018
-Un dia tipico de trabajo conlleva, la puntualidad, presentacion, atencion al cliente.
-Aprendi a realizar tareas simultaneas
-La direccion y gerencia es de relativa calidad.
-En cuanto a Cultura laboral, considero ambiente amigable pero en alguna medida un poco desconsiderada por parte de los managers, eventualemente faltas de respeto que se sobrellevaban. En general, adaptable pero no digno.
-No encontre dificultad en el desempeno del mismo.
-Lo que mas me gusto del trabajo es que siempre habia horas para trabajar y la interaccion con los clientes.
Pros
horas laborales
Cons
no beneficios
Just passing thru
Pizza Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 16, 2018
For a starter job it is ok, but it is not a job that is worth trying to make a career. The base pay is almost minimum wage and impossible to live on by itself and the hours are few and far between. The management is highly unprofessional and even they don't follow the companies procedures be it safety to customer service.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hours, locations, pay, no benefits, unprofessional
Not a great place to work at all
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 11, 2018
Very unprofessional , Unorganized the store is lacking real leadership employees do as they please with no Consequences the store is also under staffed and higher leadership refuses to fix any of the above problems
Cons
Unorganized & Dysfunctional
Wish I worked there longer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAAugust 3, 2018
Pay wasn't great but I did have management experience that I hadn't gotten before. I enjoyed my time learning g the recipes and helping my guests. I would work there again if I had a location near.
fine
Prep/Line Cook, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLJuly 25, 2018
was hired as full time, but was only scheduled 25hrs at best. Manager doesnt listen to anyone or anything, even if it affects customers. also its so slow that its dreadful boring.
Fun and enjoyable
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 25, 2018
It was a fun and laid back but when you need to focus you have to focus. You had a free lunch which was great. The breaks were half an hour which made it good actually having a break. My coworkers were really cool.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Not many benefits
This Company needs more work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 25, 2018
Villas requires a lot of team work. However, where I used to work; team wasn't accomplished. I felt like the district manager was hiring any type of people that wasn't ready for the job. People who were stealing, doing drugs, lazy, etc. As an assistant, I was very disappointed all the things I got involved because of my district manager while he was suppose to fix this type of stuff. To a point where I decided not to work there because of its lack of professionalism.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Experience Learned.
Cons
Not Professional, Messy environment for the not the correct tools for the store.
Very fast place and productive
Restaurant supervisor/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 20, 2018
It was very productive place to work the restsurant great management great people very fast peace and sometimes not enough help unfurnitly not very young people are to thrive to work or follow orders so there for we went thrue a lot employees.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
A great starting place
Floor Crew (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 5, 2018
The environment was okay, but the people there were very cheap and unfair. It was a good learning place to get a taste of what it feels like to be an adult. Good spot to learn and nothing else. Hours here are terrible.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Low Hours, Getting sent home when work is slow (Which is often)
Stressful and complicated work envronment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 26, 2018
a typical day at work involved us getting in, our shift started with the day crew leaving everything disorganized and messy, and our manager yelling at us for it not being done.
Pros
slow on weekdays, 30 min breaks
Cons
fast on weekends, poor management, poor working environment
A great working environment with wonderful people
Staff Accountant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Morristown, NJMay 22, 2018
In the time I was working as a temp at Villa Restaurant Group, I felt like a part of the normal staff. Everyone was really nice and the workplace environment always felt like a family. There were frequent celebrations for employee birthdays and holidays and the morale was always positive.
One of my favorites
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 18, 2018
This was one of my most favorite jobs. The hours were a little frustrating as I did not get out of work many days until 2am (this was my choice to work these hours) and there is not much to do at this time of day socially. I enjoyed the diversity of people I worked with and the ability to find my own strength working with them.
Pros
Being able to do activities as a company when sales were good
Cons
limited social life due to hours worked
Fast paced learn as you go.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 11, 2018
The upper management could use some more people who are willing to work hard for their store and team. There was not a very good support structure in place. Not a bad place to work over all.
Pros
Free meal, lots of guest interaction
Cons
Long days with very few days off.
amazing atmosphere to work in
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 9, 2018
amazing managers as well as a company as a whole.the customers are amazing and actually are excited when they see you ready for them. I love the food as well its made by hand and takes time we care about our customer satisfaction and service.
Pros
people
Cons
in the mqall
Would work here again!
Hourly Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 1, 2018
Villa Italian Kitchen in Norman,Oklahoma has been my favorite place to work. Before I worked there I had no idea how to be a manager or what it took for management. After just 1 year of working with the company I now know how to do more things then I would have learned otherwise. Villa cares not only about who you are on the clock but also that you are healthy and confident in yourself off the clock as well. This company has been a major stepping stone and building block for me to become who I am today. I would recommend for anyone to work with this company even if it is your first job or your 10th.
Pros
Great upper management, Loyal family atmosphere
Cons
healthcare
cool place to work but is all business
Busser/Barback (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 29, 2018
Its a real cool chill environment to work at. but they do reqiure you to be on your feet the whole shift and is a fast pace working environment. but for the most part its alright.
Pros
busser
Cons
shot breaks
My learning experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAApril 26, 2018
Villa was a good place to start with a first job , it’s easy after you learn everything mostly the meal deals once you’ve learned how to use the register you’ve got it easy
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
The rush
great company
Assistant Manager/ cashier (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 25, 2018
I loved working here . It was a nice and fun environment to work .I enjoyed interacting and providing delicious food to customers. This company not only focuses on the needs of its customers but as well as their employees. They make sure their employees are well educated by offering additional training after being hired.
Pros
great hours and discounts
What you need to know!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 12, 2018
Working at a fast paces around rush hours could be fun but then it will get over whelming. Manager do help the employees with daily routine. Organize the front stations keeping things clean is all they ask for.
Pros
Eating food there is great
Cons
To many customer at one time.
A fairy decent place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 11, 2018
As a manager i have all the tools to effectively manage the restaurant. However, work life balance are not that great! My supervisor require I work on my personal days, even though i have the proper documentation to take days off.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work life balance