Village Care of New York Employee Reviews

R u n
Assistant Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2019
Just run away as fast as you can and never look back. They overwork you, overstress you and are in no way professional, what. so. ever................
Data Entry Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 5, 2019
Supervisors and coworkers were nice. Work wasn't too stressful. I just didn't like the closed space with no windows and too dusty. Nevertheless, it is a nice office area to work in.
No real staff over workef
Can not say (Former Employee) –  VCNRJune 4, 2019
No real supervision, too many meeting , short staff and burnt out staff.
Lots of favoritism, no debriefing is someone dies or support and high turn over.
I had to work lots of long hours to be able to manage and even with my efforts I was fired.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, 4 mtg per day and demanding supervisor
SYEP funded
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2019
The internship was through a government program. The actual day to day work required of interns was basically filling out paper form and files, but there is opportunity for more work if you volunteer

Cheery place and they are welcome to have the help, but it is fairly dry work
Pros
Free time, Easy work, nice people
Cons
Lack of advancement, run out of things to do
Nice relaxed environment to work in
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2018
Although it was only a temp job, I enjoyed working there a great deal. My co-workers were warm and friendly. I would've liked to continue working there, but the person on sick-leave returned.
stressful but a great learning experience
Case Manager HIV Spanish Speaking Team (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2018
I started off as a Care Facilitator at the Health Home I was soon promoted to Assistant Care Manager. I learned so much about Case and Field work and am thankful to Village Care. My Supervisor was supportive and very hands on. The deadlines were unrealistic and it seemed as if they kept giving us clients. It was nearly impossible to service our entire case load.
The culture changed and once my Supervisor resigned it got worse so much work for very little pay
Inept Management, Poorly run Company
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  154 Christopher Street NYNovember 9, 2018
Pros: If you are looking for a job for less than two years, this is your company
Cons: No Job stability. Staff is untrained, management is non existence. No vision to maintain the health of the company. Programs don't last more that two years No auditing or quality of work
STAY AWAY!
Pros
Day to day Employment
Cons
Bad management Nepotism reins Lots of non degree people
Favoritism, poor leadership
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
Very Stressful place to work. Leadership is with limited knowledge of Health Home and not user-friendly. Overload staff with cases. Promotions were to those that were favored and not due to experience or talent
This agency is agood place to work due to it has various programs
Case Manager Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
This agency has great potential, in this agency a person will be able to obtain life long skills and receive support from staff members. It also has a great work culture.
Pros
supportive staff, safe space to work
Cons
salaries are not that competeive
community nursing
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11231September 3, 2018
Typical day meant driving to patient homes and educating them in their own home environment. Learned that in order for teaching to be effective you must meet your audience where they are at. Hardest part of job was parking and most rewarding aspect of the job is when patients become independent in their own care.
Pros
opportunity to teach lifestyle changes
Cons
parking
VillageCare overall is a good company to work for
Payroll Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 18, 2018
I worked at VillageCare for almost 20 years and I learned a lot on the job. We had outsourced payroll to Paychex about 6 years ago and I was an integral part in the process. Unfortunately, it was a disaster and we had to switch back to internal processing using PeopleSoft. It was a very stressful task as we had to make sure that all balances were reflected properly. This was the hardest part of my tenure there.
Muy buen trabajo
HHA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2018
Me encargaba de dar cuidados a pacientes , aveces enfermos, otras veces no enfermos, me gustaba mi trabajo en esta compañia
Turnover overload
HH Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 22, 2018
Too many people quitting or being fired weekly, no opportunity to catch up. Way too much work overload for not enough staff, unprofessional staff at times, too many needs for too many clients. Unrealistic expectactions to manage medicaid benefits for clients.
Personal experience at company
HEALH HOME TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  154 christopher street ny, ny 10014March 28, 2018
When I started working for Village Care the policies and case management teams that were in place were very effective and it really seemed like we were able to help people. In the past year or so, the environment and policies have changed making it harder to do our jobs and provide quality work to our patients.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
large case loads
A lot of work but supportive
Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoy working at Village Care. I have a year working at this agency. Its one of the best managed care companies to for as everyone is supportive. The hardest part of the job is the caseload which is currently at 100 member per case manager. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to work from home.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
current caseload
Unorganized company
Assistant Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2018
This company has great benefits but has very disorganized management and the deadlines for services interfere with the quality of care that is provided for clients.
Great work place
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Great work environment. People are very devoted and eager to accomplish all possible for their patients.
Management has an open door policy and is will to listen to comments.
Good if you are only starting out
Care Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
There has been a major change in culture with this company. Management only focuses on the numbers. They don't care how you actually perform or what is going on in their own department. As long as you finish what you have to do at the end of the month.
Lots of flexibility in terms of working from home.
Benefits are okay, could be better.
The job helped adults maintain a sucessful lifestyle.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 8, 2017
I worked with adults who needed to be monitored due to physical difficulties, such as Multiple Sclerosis or Alzheimer's.
I learned to stay positive and relaxed when a person becomes upset
and to always be a strong listener.
The hardest part of the job is observing an individual's poor living skills.

I enjoy working with the individuals at all times.

I
Pros
Working with co-workers who were helpful in the office.
Cons
Working with individuals who did not want to improve.
Decent place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 13, 2017
Decent place to work, learned about home care and the financial operations of the organization and leadership team. Moved on to increasing responsibilities, and other companies.