Village Concepts Employee Reviews

Challenging yet rewarding
Former RCD (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WANovember 16, 2019
2017- 3/2019. I would describe my work experience as challenging yet rewarding. Like all other workplace, VC has the “ups and downs” in all matters as a workplace. But generally, working with VC was a privilege and fulfilling. My corporate nursing supervisors had been very supportive and provided the tools(knowledge) that i needed. The CEO was very objective as far as protecting his employees when needed. The wellness staff i had were amazing despite the demands of the workplace at times. Overall, the team worked to bring the best for our residents. We did have great and amazing residents from all walks!
Overall
Employee (Former Employee) –  Burien, WAOctober 25, 2019
Even though there were other issues in the building, I really never felt comfortable. Faulty cooking was never in my life as an employee anywhere! Yes, I used an oven that was not working right as well as other equipment that's not up to standards in that kitchen. So the result was under cooked food. I did react and threw the food away, other departments didn't let me know they had the same problem so I wasterminated.rewere
October 28, 2019

Employee terminations are never easy and always involve many factors. We wish the best to our past employees in their future endeavors.

It isnt a very good place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oak Harbor, WASeptember 25, 2019
Working there as a CNA you are treated as the work dogs and everything in the building fell into the night shift so they could save money. Treatment of the CNAs is subpar in comparison to the other employee's.
October 28, 2019

We appreciate your comment, but some clarification is needed. We are a 24/7 community, and we have shifts from morning to overnight, depending on department and resident need. Everything does not fall, nor could it fall,
"into night shift" whether you are a cna or a housekeeper or a server. There is no "saving money" based on night shift versus day shift, so we don't know where your comments stem from? If you would like to provide more insight feel free to reach out to the home office at 253-929-8570. As you must know, during employment we offer a confidential hot line and a grievance procedure, so utilizing that would have been another avenue for you to air your issues. We are sorry you did not find your employment with us a satisfying experience and wish you the best moving forward.

Would not recommend
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAAugust 12, 2019
I would not recommend this location to someone who is looking for a long-term position with opportunities for upward advancement. The corporate staff only focuses on the executive-level and administration staff, and treats all other employees in other departments like they are expendable and unimportant, even if they have been loyal to the company for years. The corporate staff was belittling and rude, and did not encourage a positive work atmosphere. Because of my of my role in the office team, I was exposed to the fact that the corporate team avoided giving out raises when at all possible, as well as paying their staff members as little as possible; for example, our head cook who had 15+ years of experience and a great relationship with his staff and the residents was making minimum wage ($12.50) which was low even compared to other dining staff employees. Because of some of these human resource related issues, the staff turnover is incredibly high. Within my one year at Village Concepts, we went through 3 RCDs, 2 activity directors, and 2 executive directors, as well as COUNTLESS CNAs and members of the dining room staff. Because of this, the building was disorganized and the staff was not properly trained to handle emergencies or to assist residents properly when needed. Village Concepts may preach that they are a family business with the morals of a family, but they still only care about making money and keeping the building full. I was told to “do whatever I can to get people in the building”, but was not given any direct assistance in marketing to do this. Because of  more... this mentality, we ended up having residents move into the community who were not fit to be there (needed a higher level of care than we could provide) but still moved in because of the urgency of VC to fill the buildings and have as much money coming in as possible. Overall, I would not recommend a friend to work at Village Concepts, nor would I recommend anyone bringing a family member there who needs assisted living care.  less
Pros
Free lunches, kind residents
Cons
Messy management, no PTO, high turnover rate, disorganized
August 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Village Concepts. It is unfortunate your employment ended as it did and that it has left you with negative feelings about our company. There are several inaccurate comments you make, and if you'd like to talk about them feel free to contact us. But to be clear, you are incorrect about the wage issue and the raise issue, and more importantly the acuity issue concerning residents. We care very much about our employees and about our residents and our number one priority is keeping residents safe and happy so that they can live comfortably in our communities. Our average tenure for all employees is 3 years and our tenure for ED's is 6 years. Senior living is a rewarding, yet challenging industry and turnover in general is higher than other industries. We strive to keep employees and residents engaged. I'm sorry that your experience did not work out and we wish you the very best.

Good
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Milton, WAJuly 16, 2019
Good place to work especially for a first job. There was more than one person to go to if there was ever an issue. Fast paced environment. Uniform partially provided.
Pros
Friendly and fast paced
Cons
Some communication issues
Fine short term job, long and early morning hours
Dining Room Server (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAJune 17, 2019
My shift was at 6am for breakfast until 3 pm or now 2-2:30 because they're trying to cut hours. Sometimes so much to do I didn't get long enough breaks, but other long time (17 yrs) employees take hour long breaks which is not allowed. Some residents were nice, all very needy. Home ranges from memory care to independent but everyone will complain because the food is mostly canned or frozen. Desserts are sometimes fresh. Hit or miss, slow and fast paced, I wouldn't recommend. Also pay is $12 per hour not competitive for the area. Company far more interested in making money than caring for residents. They need more staff but are cutting hours.
Pros
"Free" Food (that you pay for in "expenses" on tax forms)
Cons
Cheap as heck
great company , fun work environment,fair pay
Maintenance Supervisor- Director (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAFebruary 17, 2019
My experience working with Village Concepts was good it was a organized company and it was a company i could rely on to answer any questions i may have had. The work environment was friendly and relaxed.If I were not in such financial struggle with a divorce i would have stayed with the company.
Pros
good hours, benefits, friendly work environment
Cons
pay was not enough to meet my bill demands
No Direction
Director (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 17, 2018
The plus is of course the senior you interact with everyday. The staff was dedicated and caring. Upper Management was non existent on a day to day basis. Only made contact if they felt you had done something wrong.
Pros
Great Staff, Great Residents
Cons
Low Pay, No direction unless you step outside the box then watch out.
Sound Vista Village
Server (Current Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAJanuary 3, 2018
Great team atmosphere. Residents are the priority. Care is awesome and food is great. Fun place to go to everyday even when the work gets pretty hard we care for the residents and each other so its ok.
Pros
Happy environment to come to work everyday. Coworkers switch shifts easy to cover for each other.
Relaxed, Caring, Respectful, Activities, Meals, Transportation, Kind Staff
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Sedro-Woolley, WAOctober 12, 2017
I worked at Country Meadow Village for nine years until I went into Kinship Foster Care. I loved working at Country Meadows, and I loved the residents. Country Meadow Village works very hard to see that all their residents receive the care that they need. All residents are treated with kindness and respect.
Pros
One free meal per shift for employees
Fun work place. Great environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Med Tech (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WASeptember 1, 2016
The schedules are great because you work 4 and get 4 off. The residents are wonderful. The pay is decent. Residents get well cared for. It's like a family
Pros
Caring staff. Great residents.
Cons
Kitchen management
Great family owned company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Gig Harbor, WAOctober 22, 2014
Village Concepts is a third generation family owned and operated company that strives on quality care. They support and care about all the residents they serve as well as the staff they employ.
Pros
Greatcompany to work for
Cons
???????

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.

Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?