Village Green Employee Reviews

Lots of opportunity to move and great company events
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIDecember 8, 2018
There are many opportunities to move around within company. They offer many events to give back to us and have good recognition programs and training programs.
Pros
Discount living, work parties
Cons
Long hours, demanding work style.
Busy busy.
Property Manager/Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Marshall, MIDecember 2, 2018
The complex has come a long way in the last couple years. It has become a neighborly place to be.

Gradually many maintenance repairs have been made that were put off by previous management.
Pros
Friendly
manintenace tech
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 28, 2018
i really enjoy working for village green and crew i and working with and my manger was great. i had a prductive crew we would do make readys each day bout 4 to five, getting apartment ready for move in also making sure the grounds was clean and its much more to being a maintenace tech
Good company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHNovember 4, 2018
Low wages, but great benefits. Limited advancement opportunities. Good group of people to work with. Being on call 24/7 is difficult when combined with the low wages.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation
I didn't work there long enough to give a fair assessment.
PROPERTY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 17, 2018
It was unfortunate that Village Green resigned the portfolio. The owners had unrealistic expectations. I know employees that work for Village Green outside the Baltimore portfolio and are very happy employed there.
I admired their programs for giving back and charity work.
Pros
Other locations have more to offer outside of Baltimore.
Cons
Work, life balance.
Excellent Team, Fast Paced
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 9, 2018
I really did enjoy my job. I adored my team and we worked together very well and helped each other when needed. No chance of advancement after empty promises and lots of training competed. The pay is good, little overtime so you have time to spend with family.
Company is well managed
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 31, 2018
As long as you're working at a property whose owner is reasonable, working at Village Green is a great experience. If you're unfortunate enough to work at a property where the owner and VG have different opinions on budgeting, etc, you're in an impossible situation. The former CEO (who owns many VG-managed properties) is a prime example of a terrible, irrational owner. The new CEO however is very reasonable and she's doing a great job of undoing some of the former's damage.
Property Management
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 21, 2018
Management and educational opportunities are open for the right person who applies their hard work. Great company to work for with the Management staff always willing to help you succeed.
Pros
Endless Education
Great company
Regional Leasing Specialist / Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 12, 2018
Village Green was a great company that offered growth from within and trained very well from their own university - University of Village Green. Great company
None stop, never satisified with production
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  West Greenwich, RIJune 6, 2018
They will work you to the bone. They do very little to recognize service, sometimes to the point they are ignored. They do not provide you with the necessary tools to succeed there unless you are a member of management.
a day
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2018
the hardest part of my job would be ..working to many hours like s
sometimes 15-16 hours day just to get units ready for the move ins
and workorders at the same time and be short on help. .
Pros
Cons
management
Maintenance Treated Bad
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2018
For a new property the building was falling apart due to poor construction and bad management. More problems here than any new property should have. They wonder why everyone moves out. The place is filthy and we we're blamed for it because they didn't want to pay to have it done. Everyone expected everything to be fixed by maintenance but we were understaffed and had no money. New management expected more than was possible from day one and blamed us for everything that was wrong or went wrong. But there was nobody to complain to or get help from. Management looked down on us and we couldn’t complain to anybody because it was commonly known that theres a romantic relationship between two members of management that both stay at the property. Because the residents and every employee knows what is going on its hard for any of us little people to get a fair deal. A lot of big problems go on at that property that everybody knows about but nothing gets fixed. But anything that maintenance doesn’t do good enough sure gets everybody’s attention. I don’t think the whole company is like this from what I hear so it must be that the management here is only looking out for themselves. It takes money, people, and good leaders to get things fixed and there were none of those where I was.
Pros
Pay was OK
Cons
Favoritism, too much work not enough credit
Work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 17, 2018
VG is a great company to work for and they have great benefits. Also, they promote within the company. VG also has classes to teach anything you would need to know for inside the company or outside of the company.
Lovely people however...
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 24, 2018
I was recruited and promised a handful of things that I was missing from my previous position. Unfortunately the people that hired me from VP, to recruiter, my mentor and even the property changed very soon after my employment, and therefore, so did the promises.

This is a very sales forward management position. You are evaluated by your sales performance, and unfortunately, in the South West Region Village Green has minimal market penetration compared to in the north, so it feels like there is a lot less support than is needed. If the property performance starts to wain then pressure increases on Sales without the issues and causes getting addressed.

Their company promise is "to get the most rent possible for the owners and investors" so sometimes feels like they are in-flexible. That being said, they are friendly and open to communication from all levels. There is great training from the Village Green University and the Perks at Work give plenty of....perks. There is a lot to say about the company, but if you need to have time for your family, and reliable income to provide for said family, then make sure that you are at a solid, reliable, property that can provide that. Because if things dont go smoothly, then pressure is put on, more is demanded from you, and it all becomes distracting from your primary goal which is to lease apartments, and keep your residents happy.
Pros
communication, great benefits, training.
Cons
lack of support, fair weather managements
Fun but stressfull
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2018
Still do things the old way. Just now starting to get new programs. You will be pushed to the limit all the time. Once you leave Village Green any other company is a cake walk.
Overall great company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMarch 24, 2018
With Village Green University they do give u the tools and knowledge to succeed. With the knowledge and experience I learned there, will put me in the best possible position moving forward.
Pros
Discounted rent, competitive atmosphere
Cons
Unpaid hours as hourly employee
Do not waste your time!!!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 3, 2018
it is a horrible , it starts with management they can not even keep staff around you are ALWAYSSSSS short staffed , it is like they did not even care that the number of patients out numbered the cna's. it was no team work and everyone was about themselves
Pros
great nurses ( most of them)
Cons
staffing, management
A genuinely horrible place/company to work for
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
Management has no idea what they’re doing. Most of them don’t even have a college degree. Extremely competitive. Goals are impossible to reach. Horrible, horrible traffic sent in that management does not want to take responsibility for. All properties are privately owned by horrible, sneaky people. If you have any moral compass, do not work here.
The worst work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 22, 2018
The worst work environment and poor management. I highly recommend that the CEO of the company to step in and get more involved in the operation at properties site. Lots of gossip and distractions
maintenance
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Current at the BanksJanuary 31, 2018
Great job and benefits.
Took care of apartments and grounds anything needed.
Customer Service worked close with residents
Taking care of the property and grounds,keeping up with orders and supplies.
Cleaning and maintaining common areas.
Taking care of residents and their needs.
had a great professional relationship with co workers and residents

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Green. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight