Village Green Employee Reviews

a day
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2018
the hardest part of my job would be ..working to many hours like s
sometimes 15-16 hours day just to get units ready for the move ins
and workorders at the same time and be short on help. .
Pros
Cons
management
Maintenance Treated Bad
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2018
For a new property the building was falling apart due to poor construction and bad management. More problems here than any new property should have. They wonder why everyone moves out. The place is filthy and we we're blamed for it because they didn't want to pay to have it done. Everyone expected everything to be fixed by maintenance but we were understaffed and had no money. New management expected more than was possible from day one and blamed us for everything that was wrong or went wrong. But there was nobody to complain to or get help from. Management looked down on us and we couldn’t complain to anybody because it was commonly known that theres a romantic relationship between two members of management that both stay at the property. Because the residents and every employee knows what is going on its hard for any of us little people to get a fair deal. A lot of big problems go on at that property that everybody knows about but nothing gets fixed. But anything that maintenance doesn’t do good enough sure gets everybody’s attention. I don’t think the whole company is like this from what I hear so it must be that the management here is only looking out for themselves. It takes money, people, and good leaders to get things fixed and there were none of those where I was.
Pros
Pay was OK
Cons
Favoritism, too much work not enough credit
Fun but stressfull
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 27, 2018
Still do things the old way. Just now starting to get new programs. You will be pushed to the limit all the time. Once you leave Village Green any other company is a cake walk.
Overall great company
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMarch 24, 2018
With Village Green University they do give u the tools and knowledge to succeed. With the knowledge and experience I learned there, will put me in the best possible position moving forward.
Pros
Discounted rent, competitive atmosphere
Cons
Unpaid hours as hourly employee
Do not waste your time!!!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 3, 2018
it is a horrible , it starts with management they can not even keep staff around you are ALWAYSSSSS short staffed , it is like they did not even care that the number of patients out numbered the cna's. it was no team work and everyone was about themselves
Pros
great nurses ( most of them)
Cons
staffing, management
A genuinely horrible place/company to work for
Senior Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
Management has no idea what they’re doing. Most of them don’t even have a college degree. Extremely competitive. Goals are impossible to reach. Horrible, horrible traffic sent in that management does not want to take responsibility for. All properties are privately owned by horrible, sneaky people. If you have any moral compass, do not work here.
The worst work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 22, 2018
The worst work environment and poor management. I highly recommend that the CEO of the company to step in and get more involved in the operation at properties site. Lots of gossip and distractions
maintenance
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Current at the BanksJanuary 31, 2018
Great job and benefits.
Took care of apartments and grounds anything needed.
Customer Service worked close with residents
Taking care of the property and grounds,keeping up with orders and supplies.
Cleaning and maintaining common areas.
Taking care of residents and their needs.
had a great professional relationship with co workers and residents
Great Company!
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 13, 2017
CEO is amazing and management encourages advanced training and webinars to assist you in exceeding your personal career goals. Maintenance staff and office staff work well together.
Pros
Beautiful properties, great team environment.
Cons
Residents can be difficult
Productive place to work
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 27, 2017
Village Green is a good company to work for that will provide you with ample training for upper positions. The hardest part of the job is the living on property and finding time for yourself.
Loved the residents, management was questionable
Dining Room Supervisor/ Server (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILNovember 13, 2017
I loved serving and engaging with the residents and the job itself was not hard. The management, however, was inconsiderate to both employees and the residents needs and wants.
Decent Company - Several Pros and Cons
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 20, 2017
If you are new in the industry, this is a fantastic company to achieve maximum growth potential if you are motivated. Must be open to relocation. University of Village Green is very helpful in ensuring their team has the necessary tools to succeed.
In one word: family
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Not one bad thing to say! Love the in house training and classes. Staff is amazing. Upper management is down to earth and this is a company that is all about the employees.
Terrible
Full time assistant (Former Employee) –  Amory, MSOctober 4, 2017
Not a good place to work at all. The pay was below minimum wage and I worked very hard. I did things from watering plants to landscaping. I even worked a tractor.
Health Industry
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 29, 2017
The position had many roles for one person handle. The supervisor was there for any questions. Duties were delegated daily and tasks were to be completed daily.
Fun work place
HEAD CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2017
Village green is a great company to work for. I worked for the company over 8 great years. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking for employment...
Pros
Great pay, benefits, 401K and Etc..
Cons
Short breaks
Enjoyed position greatly with excellent and friendly people to wotk with
Business Office Manager / A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 15, 2017
This position was divided into 4 different work groups and I was responsible for certain paycodes. Had a wonderful support staff that was knowledgeable and encouraging in every way. Enjoyed this position greatly,
village green
Assembly Line Laborer (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 19, 2017
we had to pill the rubber off the back of carpet for 8hrs comin thru a hot oven . and it was to far of a drive but i managed to stay working til i was called to work for another job that was closer . k .
Makes promises to residents that the kitchen is not equpped to fulfill
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 12, 2017
If the owners of Village Green and all the different departments of staff they have to care for residents were on the same page, it would make it a better place to work. As a Dietary Aid, I often found myself doing the task of a CNA.
Good Hard worker Job Places
Leasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 1, 2017
I learned alot about sales and how things work when you are trying to sale stuff and make sure everything is in order it really helped me get more organized with my self and my paper work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Green. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight