Village Shalom Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Upper manager does not care
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66209April 4, 2018
Decent benefits, management not so good. The management listens to employee concerns, but doesn't do much of anything to help you resolve it. Some of the supervisors are good, but the upper management is the bad part. I needed to talk to the nurse manager (the main/top manager), and I felt like she did not want to listen to me. Nothing was ever done to take care of the complaint I had.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
upper management is horrible.
productive work place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 5, 2018
very professional and organized work place.my co-workers have work together as a team..there is a lot of teamwork.there was no smoking on property whatsoever ....they have a gym u can use while your employee the with company.
Pros
the clients
Cons
nothing
Great interdisciplinary team
MDS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 5, 2018
Beautiful facility. Office in a quiet area with little interruptions. Friendly environment with fellow co-workers. CEO allowed Nursing Department to run their department without micro-management.
Pros
pay and environment
Cons
wonderful place to work hahahahaha
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  village shalomOctober 27, 2017
Never enough staff, figure out ways do everything on your own or with broken parts or mechines. head nurse doesn't care about staff, or village shalom. residnets are an after thought if the day allows for them. Backstabbing, two faces, liying, head nurse. When the day is over just becasue the residnets need better care than what the are able to get.
Pros
set work hours
Cons
Head nurse
Good place to work at
Certified Nursing Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 23, 2017
Exceptional facility to work at. Quality staff and work environment. 8 hour shifts with 30 minute lunch. Fair staff to resident ratio to work with.
Pros
work hours
Cons
staffing
Very nice work environment with sweet residents
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 9, 2016
A typical day at work would look like this: set up for lunch, serve lunch, clean up and prepare for dinner, take a break, set up for dinner, serve dinner, clean up the dining room and kitchen.
I learned how to serve a meal and talk to people better.
The management was awesome when I first got there, but then a new manager was hired on and everything was a mess and he ended up letting everybody go and hiring new people.
My coworkers for the most part were smart, loving and caring people who worked hard but also made work fun.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult residents that complained about everything.
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing residents with a smile on their face because they enjoyed their meal and got to converse with other people.
Pros
free food
Cons
new management
fun workplace
Certified Nursing Assitant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 17, 2016
Village Shalom does a lot for there employees. It is a very nice place to work with friendly staff. They have the best DON who makes sure everyone follows the rules.
Cons
doesnt pay well
Over all Village Shalom is a nice place to work
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 1, 2015
I enjoy working for Village Shalom. There is a fun work atmosphere and supportive management. If you ever have a problem there is always someone willing to help you solve it.
Nice fun
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 25, 2015
fun place live environment residents families can be very stressful, always going on outings and helping others. Get gift cards alot for being a great employee
Pros
free food all the time
Cons
residents families
Fun
Dietary Nutrient Specialist (Former Employee) –  leawood, ksAugust 14, 2014
Composed and edited correspondence of resident special diet meals. Placed in different roles to learn both the front and back house.
Good Overall
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 15, 2014
Overall its a nice place to work good starting wage and benefits. My department needs better management and communication though.
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
poor communication
Senior Long Term Care Facility
Director of Facilities (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 16, 2014
Directly responsible for management of facilities planning, construction management, facility operations of safety, security, maintenance, housekeeping, energy management, and grounds. Supervised a staff of 43 through 2 managers. Directly managed an annual department budget of 3.5MM, and a capital budget of 1MM.
Benefits
Very clean, friendly place to live or work.
PTA (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 5, 2014
I enjoyed working at Village Shalom as they provide many services for all different levels of residents.
dietary aid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  123 nallApril 1, 2014
i learned about residents and their safety the managment was poor but the residents were nice easily over worked
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Excellent work enviroment.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 26, 2014
A tremendous staff and working environment.
The hardest part of my job is when residents pass.
I've learned a great deal from first responder training,
to defensive training.
There are few typical days as a Security Officer. One moment may be very quiet, and the next will be filled with multiple tasks--all needing immediate attention. The key is staying calm and prioritizing concerns.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Some shift coverage problems may arise.
something different
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 11, 2014
great surroundings with great people. balanced ratio. loved receiving appreciation.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
working with not well trained co workers
When during daily living with a client
Medication Aide (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 26, 2013
When passing medication
How to chart on a client the right way
Great management
Great ro work with
Lifting a client
When we have a party
Pros
Willing to work together
Cons
Not in favor of something good
It was an ok job.
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 25, 2013
Great people, the rest was ok. I enjoyed my time I worked there.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor upper management.
Love the Residents
Server (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 12, 2012
The Residents are the main reason I go to work, I enjoy making sure that they are taken care of and they have everything they need. Each day is different, but at the end of the day its a job well done when you bring a smile to their' face!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Village Shalom. Our community is ready to answer.

Village Shalom Reviews by Location