Village of Schaumburg Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
typical public sector employer
Professional Staff (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 19, 2017
Less stressful than private sector but compensation also reflects that. Good people trying to do the right thing. Occasionally too much politics involved in decision making.
Great place to work.
Permit Clerk/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 28, 2017
A great village to work for. Wonderful residents, co-workers were very nice and residents likewise. I enjoyed going on different inspections with the building, fire and health inspectors. Management was pleasant to work for.
Pros
Wonderful enviroment
Cons
Did not get hired
A descent place to work
Traffic Analyst (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 11, 2016
Not much to say other than a decent place to work. Full time is 35 hours per week and the health insurance package is generous. No room for advancement or growth. Nearly all management positions over the last five years gave been filled externally.
Pros
35 hours/ week
Cons
Routinely changing software
A fun work place
concession stand (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJuly 19, 2015
This place teaches hard work and how to work as a team. The management is good. I enjoy working with the same people and even new people. this is a seasonal job. I enjoy the job.
Pros
It is only ten minutes form home.
Cons
seasonal job
Wonderful working environment
311 Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 15, 2014
Best co-workers anyone could ask for! These people will help out in any situation, we are there for each other.
Pros
Office atmosphere
Cons
no benefits for part-time
I learned a lot and gained tremendous knowledge
Crime and Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILFebruary 25, 2014
Typically, I spent my days conducting analysis to assist patrol, data mining, and creating reports for the department and Village. I also provided maps for the department and assisted with quality control of the data and the subsequent configuration of the databases. The most difficult part of my job was learning how to tailor my reports to the needs of the individual(s) requesting the information. I truly enjoyed the people I worked with and was grateful that I was able to learn all about Illinois laws and expectations through this department.
Pros
Co-workers and Experience gained
Cons
Lack of promised salary or benefits
Great place to work!
theatre tech. part- time (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILAugust 27, 2012
Excellent staff to work with. You learn to work with customers on the fly. Set up sound & lights is a fun job. You learn alot about the entertainment business. Some heavy lifting....not all the time.
Pros
freedom
Cons
no benefits for part timers