VillageCare Employee Reviews

Revolving Door
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
This place was a revolving door for the short period that I worked at VillageCare. Leaderships priority is focused on patient care, not the employees. Specifically, I worked in HR and there was no consistent process for anything. The teams are not set up for success and spend most of their time back-filling positions they just filled. Although the organization has seen growth, they fail to apply transparency and organization to their day to day administration and lose a lot of qualified candidates. Unless you desperate for a job or need some experience, VillageCare is not a stepping stone; its more like a pot hole that will lead residual damage. There is not positive take away from the work you do at this organization.
Poor Quality Corporate Leadership
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
The above statement speaks for itself. There is a mass exit from care managers on up to corporate level. Not very concerned with quality of hires, more concerned about numbers.
Cons
Staff overworked, extreme caseloads, no transparency
Unstable work place
UNIT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 10, 2018
The workplace is constantly shifting and there is little stability within management. There is a lot of potential but management needs to be consistent.
Management was not supportive
Community Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
Staff support is very important and i felt management was not providing. I had autonomy but I really needed to know that someonehad my back. Less team work
L
Stressful work environment
Care Facilitator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
The work load does not match the pay. There's also constant power struggle which gets in the way of productivity. Managers are usually very rigid and micromanage which leaves no room for employee's creativity and assertiveness.
Summary review
Head of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2018
The company is a 5 star healthcare organization with focus on direct care as well as Medicare and Medicaid plan. The company is located in the lower Manhattan area.
Ambitious, fast-paced, always changing
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 7, 2018
Provider-owned organization with a small but growing managed care portfolio. Significant management changes every few years. Organization is adopting to the changing marketing conditions.
Not Your Dream Job... more like you worst NIGHTMARE!
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Just don't waste your time. If you are looking for growth and opportunity this is not the place. It's stagnant. All the qualified management has resigned leaving unqualified people to run whats left of the programs into the ground. Worst of all clients are unhappy with the service they receive. There no point to this agency especially since the bosses don't seem to even care to try to fix things. lastly the turnover rate is ridiculously high so if you take a job here make sure it's you have a plan B because there's no security benefits long term.
great work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2018
loved working there gave me a chance to work with the CEOs of the organization. I got lots of experience and love while working at Village care. will recommend it.
Pros
everything
Revolving Door
HR Generalist/ Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
Great place to gain experience but not a place for longevity. Staff keeps leaving, management keeps changing. Lack of department structure and accountability.
Benefits
Cons
Office politics
Stay away
Lead Care Manager Health Home (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 15, 2017
The model for this agency is numbers and the number game keeps increasing every month with same pay and pressure do get the numbers at any cost. Every month your caseload increases in the middle of the month due to transfers of people leaving the agency. Transfers from other teams are a disaster and you are expected to do the work others didn't. Pressure to make the numbers at any cost.
Management is inept, laking the skills to guide others. No one is in charge of making decisions. "Leads" are like the blind leading the blind. Supervisors are mere foremen. Supervisors crack the whip on the case managers to get the numbers and request reports with less that 24 hours to produce them.
Pros
health insurance (keeps going up)
Cons
Management is unskilled, absent (Doors closed all the time) Get the numbers and you are on your own
very stressful
Care manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
micro managing, no one listens to staff ideas. no assistance from upper management. not recognized for work. The most enjoyable part are the coworkkers
Pros
great manager
Cons
micro managing by upper management
Favoritism and Nepotism galor
N/A (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 10, 2017
The summary says it all.

Buddy up with the right person (people) you are free to do as you please..

No structure and work from the top down is rarely about the service provided, more politics and self advancement. Very sad to see in a healthcare nonprofit space.
Staff is very committed and hard working
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
Like many healthcare organizations, VillageCare has been going through a number of transitions in order to continue to innovate and prosper. The leadership team is smart. There is a great deal of focus on innovation which is great.
Pros
Great location and benefits
Cons
They need to make more time for staff develpment
Great job with lots of room to grow
Intake Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2017
On this job I learned about different aspects of Health Home. I was able to do what I love which is help people. If I had any questions my Supervisor was always there to help.
Nice place to work
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2017
I've been working at Village care for 2 years and change. I've learned a lot as it is a progressive, challenging place to work and meet a lot of people.
Pros
Learning constant changes to keep up with lead health home standards
Cons
not paid fairly
This place is a joke
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2016
This place is the worse!!!! I cannot believe a bachelor's degree is required to even be hired as a Care Manager!!! No structure and no standards. It's only good when you're waiting for something better to come along. HIGH TURNOVER RATE. Too much work for too little money. Management is a joke; some of them know less than the workers- blind leading the blind. Company is not about the patients like they love to preach - no quality of care for patients; it's all about the money.
Pros
Benefits and flexibility
Cons
Everything else
Hanrd work
Assistant Director of Case Management (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 25, 2016
A typical day at work can vary from conducting interviews and program status meetings. Providing assistance and guidance to the supervisors. Working with the families and children assisting with teaching and training staff. develop spread sheets and managing tools.
Pros
pay
Cons
no bracks
Great Experience
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 20, 2015
After manny years working for Village Care I had the opportunity to be Manager of the department. The company has very straight forward goals, but new management has no idea of how much work requires to meet their expectation.
Pros
Very Good Benefits
Cons
Multiple jobs combine on one title
Good only if you belong to the click
former employee (Former Employee) –  ManhattanSeptember 5, 2015
My typical day at work consist of patient admissions. I work so hard, not taking lunch break, or eating my lunch while working at the same time, which usually happens in a normal day. I am willing to do that because I had an excellent administrator whom I trust and help, teach, supervise, fair and encourage his employees. We function without a director for some time and yet we function well.

Then comes somebody who bring in her colleagues from somewhere and one by one put into them position even without qualifications. The whole dept loses money and eventually most of us left with our best administrator. Yet the top management is blind to what is happening bec they are their same people and friends who belong in their group.

A very sad experience that discrimination and unfairness still exist, is true and is happening everywhere.
Pros
1 month vacation
Cons
nasty/unqualified administrator