Villanova University Employee Reviews in Villanova, PA

Much room for improvement
Procurement Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 2, 2019
Do not make it a priority to hire from within, managers lack training
and do not provide advancement opportunities, not all employees treated equally and cost of living increase is minimal.
Opportunity to take classes and earn a degree is a huge benefit, but does not open any doors within the university.
Also, too many part-time instructors.
temporary postition
Bursar Cashier Specialist (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 30, 2019
this job was intake of money from students to pay for there tuition.
the job was not exciting but was able to pay for my bills and secure myself a life of growing
college
Philadelphia Inner City Youth Mentor and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 30, 2019
work study job during college. this forced review garbage is really stupid and i am borderline considering not using this site anymore please stop im begging you
Collaborative environment
Villanova Fellow (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 22, 2019
Relaxed environment for research, was able to collaborate with professors freely. Would highly recommend as a place to work while studying for a degree as it builds upon knowledge gained in the classroom
Pros
great coworkers
Dedicated hard-working employees with unified purpose to assist students
Manager, Employer Recruiting (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 19, 2019
In my many years here, I have enjoyed a variety of roles. I have worked with directors, faculty, staff, and students. I'm continually impressed by the dedication of all employees to educate our students, whether it be scholastically, life lessons or career assistance. The alumni are devoted to Villanova and continually give back to mentor our students, recruit them and support campus expansion to maintain our ability to continually attract increasingly excellent talent. Villanova is a great place to work.
Pros
Holidays and vacation time
Cons
Promotions for staff rarely accomplished within current department.
Great Place to Work
DIRECTOR OF PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 27, 2019
Villanova constantly seeks to improve its processes and make the University stronger as a result. Villanova is an undergraduate focused institution of higher education that strives to put students first.
Productive work environment
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 1, 2019
Good place to work. People are competent. Job demands are difficult. It is a faith based institution. It is important that you embrace the spiritual culture at Villanova.
Research associate for law school professor was good match
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 31, 2019
Working for a law school professor worked out really well during law school. I got to learn a lot more about Privacy Law, his area of expertise. It was convenient since the work could be done on campus or remotely from home.
Winning Culture
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 6, 2019
Villanova is an outstanding place to work. Their is truly a sense of community and support. The leadership is competent. The pay is average. Overall, I would recommend this as a quality place to work.
Great university.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 16, 2018
Being a graduate assistant at Villanova is great work. The work is not too much on top of your own classes and school work to do. Everyone is very nice, kind and understanding.
Wonderful atmosphere
Resident Advisor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PANovember 14, 2018
Collaborative- they really encourage team work. The ability to help others is a huge part of why this job is great, the work is very rewarding. VU is a great place to work, you feel supported to succeed in school in addition to your work.
Pros
free room and board
Summer Internship
Intern - Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 5, 2018
This internship was to see the inner workings of conference setting up and living onsite. Was a good opportunity to see that side and find was not a fit for me at the time.
Dining Services
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Nova staff, students and Faculty. I served in an environment that served 7000 MPD. The one take away was treat your employees like customers.
Excellent
Jake Cox- Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 29, 2018
Culture and atmosphere is unmatched. Excellent educational oppurtunities. They take care of their interns and make sure they have oppurtunities to succeed. You get what you put in.
It's an okay place to work at
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 17, 2018
Work environment is good. Work place culture is okay. Typical day at work involves programming or debugging. Debugging is the hardest part of my job. I did learn a lot about Computational Fluid Dynamics. Writing algorithms for physical processes is the most enjoyable part of my job.
1st class employer
Digital Printer Technician (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 4, 2018
Villanoa University made sure their employees had good medical benefits. Made sure all employees had the training and tolls needed to perform daily tasks.
outstanding place to work
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SAFETY (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 27, 2018
I worked in a 24 hr a day operation. In at 7am to talk with the midnight to 8am shift. and worked till 5pm and had opportunity to speak with the 4pm-midnight shift.
Overview
Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 25, 2018
Villanova University is a nice place to work. Supportive and caring coworkers. It is a fair and inclusive work environment. They actively encouraged employees input and feedback.
A good place to work
Heavy Duty Custodian (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 6, 2018
A good place to work. I will miss the people there. There are a lot of paid holidays and during the summer you receive every other friday off with pay.
Pros
Lots of paid holidays and time off in the summer
Beautiful school
High School Representative and Participant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 12, 2018
They host great programs and leadership conferences. It allows students to meet and build relationships whilst familiarizing themselves with a new environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villanova University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight