Villanova University Employee Reviews in Villanova, PA

Great benefits, low salary
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 8, 2017
Good working environment and decent work/life balance. Great vacation/sick time. Great benefits but very low base salary and promotions or raises are not the norm. Usually have to move out to move up.
Benefits
Cons
Low base salary
They hire you
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 6, 2017
They hire you as a temp for 6 months probation then they have u do another 90 days probation which is crazy, they want you to run all the floor machine for free which they suppose to pay u 1.50 extra and they add more work to you, they are under staff at the custodian department and the manager are racist his name is mark cross big fat and ugly. Don't take any custodian job over there u better off killing yourself these Aramark people are not people to work for ever don't say I did not warn u guys.
Pros
Cons
Short brks when school is out
Educational Institution
Graduate Class Co-Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 12, 2017
Highly skilled and knowledgeable staff willing to work for students. Wonderful counseling program with experienced professors and small number students to work with.
Great work environment with tons of support and resources.
Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 10, 2017
Tutoring for the Villanova University Department of Physics is a relaxed job in the sense that your schedule is self-managed. The tutors decide with the students on when each session will take place.
Fantastic place to work with the best staff imaginable.
Physics Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 10, 2017
Tons of flexibility. The job is 100% what you make of it. Projects are typically tailored to the individual as best as possible. The job really works for you rather than you working for the lab.
Low Pay with Little Hope for Advancement
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 8, 2017
The job was typical for adjunct labor in the contemporary university.

While preparing and carrying out classes, lectures, and a general arch of the course was very rewarding, speaking as an individual who believes in the merits of education in general and questioning our assumptions, as an adjunct, ultimately, the salary, and benefits made it clear that one is always replaceable.
Grad Student
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 6, 2017
Villanova is an excellent school and they treat their graduate students extremely well. Hard work is rewarded and it is truly a place that an enterprising student will be successful at.
Great
Fundraiser Representative (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 3, 2017
Working for Villanova University call center was great. One of the highest paying jobs on campus. 3 hour shifts. I worked as much as I could. Easy job.
Villanova Life
Professional Landscaper (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 14, 2017
My Villanova experience couldn't have been more fulfilling and enriching. I can say, without a doubt, that I am a better husband, friend, and overall human being due to my time here at 'Nova
Productive, good learning experience
Junior IT Systems analyst Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 4, 2017
My time working at Villanova was productive and fulfiling. I was given the opportunity to learn several new skills here as part of my work position. Overall great experience.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 3, 2017
Villanova is a wonderful place to work
I enjoyed my time there i couldn't have asked to be anywhere esle the staff there are excellent the atmosphere is amazing
nice place
Professional Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMay 23, 2017
work life balance is great but other areas of work are lacking. Pay is weak and work culture is problematic. There are no real good advancement opportunities and you get stuck at the salary you are hired at.
Work in stockroom and assist chemistry classes with labs.
Chemistry Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMay 15, 2017
Easy to maintain work and school work balance. Times are very flexible and staff is friendly. Great work environment. You can easily multitask during your work hours.
Great for college kids.
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 27, 2017
Conference Services is a great program for college students to take part of to earn a few extra dollars during their summer vacation. It comes with free room and board and allows you to work with your peers. Its a good gig to have for a student.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Long work days.
Not bad overall, but rushed and confused at times
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 13, 2017
The actual work experience was fine. There was sometimes an unfortunate lack of communication over which professor's job it was to teach the basics to the students, so occasionally the buck got passed to infinity.
I did not work here....
President (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 9, 2017
I am a student at Villanova and I did not actually work here. The organization that I created is a part of the school and if that was working then I would do it forever.
Research lab with friendly and helpful lab members and professor, very flexible hours
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 1, 2017
Working in my professor's lab was a fun and rewarding experience. I gained several helpful skills and knowledge while working in the lab, such as plasmid design, protein purification, and assay design. My professor was helpful in designing and executing experiments. Other lab members were friendly and helped others where they could. The hours were very flexible; some days only 4-5 hours were required while others called for 9-10 hours. The most difficult part of the job was executing a protocol to the letter and still getting disappointing results. The most enjoyable part was the nature of the work; it didn't seem like I was working a typical job. I never felt burnout after working there for extended periods of time and it was intellectually stimulating.
Pros
Flexible hours, laid-back environment, covered lunches
Cons
Pay was only offered during summer
Great entry level position for high school students
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 30, 2017
My experience has been good so far. It is my first real job and a resume builder. A typical day as a dining service employee would be: setting up the dining area, ensuring that customers are satisfied with their meals, and cleaning the area when customers are finished.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours
Summer Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 7, 2017
Summer research position, where we were paid and given company equipment to probe for security problems. An average day had me go into a lab at Villanova campus, briefly conference with my superior and then continue to probe security.
Pros
Within Walking Distance
Cons
This was a school project
Electronic Lock App (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I did not work for Villanova I just worked on many projects as a student at Villanova. I was not paid but have enjoyed my time working on these projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villanova University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight