Villanova University Employee Reviews in Villanova, PA

Flexible schedule, great events
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoy working for Villanova's Tech Crew because they offer flexible hours and good pay for each event worked. Tech Crew makes it easy to get involved in Villanova's culture.
I was just a student at the time, fun job.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I was still a teen, working there for the season. Fun place to work, a lot of friends worked there with me. The job taught me teamwork,
Deveopled
Tattoo Artist (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 22, 2017
Loved every moment of being there. This place helped me in so many ways for not only working but growing in my personal development. It was a wonderful experience
Excellent employer offering great wages and an exceptional benefits package.
Master Gardener (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Having worked at Villanova for over a decade, i can without a doubt say that it is a great place to work. The benefits are amazing, especially the ability to go to pursue a degree for free. The community is great and still maintain a "family" feel despite the trend in many places becoming more "corporate".
Pros
Benefits, great community
Cons
Challenges of working at a University ie; traffic large events, occasionally rowdy students
Fine University
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 7, 2017
Villanova has very high standards. For instance, students know whatever class they take expectation will be high. The university requires a minimum and maximum of reading which takes the pressure off the lecturer in that students know it is not the lecturer's fault they have to read so much.
Pros
Excellent Atmosphere
Cons
Hard to become full time
Conference Services
Conference Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 28, 2016
Conference Services was a very unpredictable job, with a schedule that was different every week with the amount of events on campus, and a very close-knit group of coworkers. And while I was thrown into it without any form of training, I enjoyed my time there for the time that I worked there.
Great place to work but little room for advancement within the department
Assistant Direct of Student Financial Assistance (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 27, 2016
Strongly believed in the mission of the university. Enjoyed my co- workers and the students that I assisted. Advanced from a counselor to assistant director quickly. Learned to manage a variety of federal and state financial aid programs.
Great Place to work/go to school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 17, 2016
just a graduate assistant while attending school so not your regular employee. But loved the position and the work we did
New Management Non-caring people
Night and Weekend Bookstore Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 31, 2016
The new management is selfish and non-caring greedy people.
They cover up good work by their employees are take the credit of a job well done.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
New out soured management stinks
Nice campus, ample opportunities to continue education
Art Gallery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 27, 2016
Good school of business - was glad to earn MBA from Villanova.
Unfortunately was not able to use my degree at Villanova because the Gallery was run without any respect to efficiency - just by emotions of supervisors.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Run by Catholic clergy - hypocricy and plots
Great Job
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 7, 2016
This job was extremely fun and engaging. The management was very organized and friendly. Everyday we were given tasks to complete. The job was set in a dining hall. Food was to be prepared quickly, efficiently, and up to health standards. Cleanliness was a must and everyone pitched in to divide the workload.
Pros
Cleanliness, engaging work environment
I loved my time at Villanova
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 5, 2016
Never had any difficulties as a student or an employee. I worked as a graduate assistant after being a lab assistant (I also worked at the convenience store on campus). Payments were easy, the graduate office was great. Excellent all around.
Project offered to experience different engineering fields
Robotics – Villanova Engineering Projects (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 27, 2016
The project was part of a structured class designed to give experience in Matlab coding to freshmen. The class was taught well and there were many opportunities to lead in a group setting.
Wonderful work environment
Digital Print 3 Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 18, 2016
Villanova University is a wonderful community to work within, the co-workers were professional and courteous. The benefit packages offered to the staff were incredible. The job opportunity was wonderful and I would recommend working for this wonderful University.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long drive from Perkasie
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 16, 2016
Very good place to work and professors are very supportive. Explored new stuff while working and it is a great opportunity to work for the department of computer science at Villanova University.
villanova made me
panty (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 9, 2016
Working at Villanova build me into the man i am today.Coming out of high school having a baby is hard but my work family alway support
me mentally and emotionally.They alway had a open ear to listen to each other problem.
Dynamic and fun workplace
Asst Director of Women's Basketball Operations (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 14, 2016
My current role as the Assistant Director of Women’s Basketball Operations includes: providing day-to-day support to the Head Coach, taking a lead role in managing, planning, and execution of events. As the liaison to several departments, I would welcome the challenge of cultivating and successfully soliciting successful work relationships elsewhere.
Pros
flexible schedule
Catholic University
VP of Pre-PA Club (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 20, 2016
I have had a great educational and social experience all four years as a full-time student here. As a senior graduating in May of this year, I am sad to go, but I have learned a lot and will bring many ideals and skills with me for the rest of my life, personally and professionally.
Teaching / Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 3, 2016
Assisted teachers with classes, learned a lot along the way. They we're welcoming and considerate of my time, and I would recommend working at the University.
Fun work place
barista (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PANovember 1, 2015
I worked here as a barista. The main part of my job was to serve costumers as well as make coffee, take stock, ring up costumer and clean at the end of shift. I had one other coworker as well as a manger. I improved my communication skills, learned to work with others and also learned how to use the cash register system. The best part of the job was the fun environment. The hardest part of the job was to keep orders organized when their were many people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villanova University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight