Villanova University Culture reviews

Productive work environment
Assistant Football Coach (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 1, 2019
Good place to work. People are competent. Job demands are difficult. It is a faith based institution. It is important that you embrace the spiritual culture at Villanova.
Excellent
Jake Cox- Head Strength and Conditioning Coach (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 29, 2018
Culture and atmosphere is unmatched. Excellent educational oppurtunities. They take care of their interns and make sure they have oppurtunities to succeed. You get what you put in.
It's an okay place to work at
PhD Candidate (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 17, 2018
Work environment is good. Work place culture is okay. Typical day at work involves programming or debugging. Debugging is the hardest part of my job. I did learn a lot about Computational Fluid Dynamics. Writing algorithms for physical processes is the most enjoyable part of my job.
Overview
Office of the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 25, 2018
Villanova University is a nice place to work. Supportive and caring coworkers. It is a fair and inclusive work environment. They actively encouraged employees input and feedback.
Beautiful school
High School Representative and Participant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 12, 2018
They host great programs and leadership conferences. It allows students to meet and build relationships whilst familiarizing themselves with a new environment.
Productive and educational workplace with amazing staff and students
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 12, 2018
This place changed a part of my life I will never forget, I appreciated my superiors and peers we all did a fine job together. Great place with great energy anyone can enjoy the benefits of this establishment.
Pros
Awesome lunch breaks
Cons
Napkins in cups from students
Relaxed and rewarding work experience
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 14, 2017
Enjoyed working with the BSN express program. Learned a lot about the process of selecting students for Villanova's competitive BSN express program. Very rewarding and allowed me to be able to attend my final year of NP program tuition free.
Workplace
Public Safety Officer I (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PA 19085September 11, 2017
A typical work day for me consist of getting to work 20 minutes earlier, to prepare myself for the start of my day. Throughout the years of working, I have gained so much knowledge. I learned how to conduct investigations, I learned how to enforce policy and producers, as well as enforce the law. The hardest part of any job for me, the administration being unorganized or unprofessional. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with many different people, and being able to help someone out.
Fun,productive,kind people
Assistant Director of Catering (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 25, 2017
A great place to work . Good people,great benefits & many opportunities.The location is easy access with public transportation. The Augustina values are carried out in there approach in policy's.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hrs
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 3, 2017
Villanova is a wonderful place to work
I enjoyed my time there i couldn't have asked to be anywhere esle the staff there are excellent the atmosphere is amazing
nice place
Professional Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMay 23, 2017
work life balance is great but other areas of work are lacking. Pay is weak and work culture is problematic. There are no real good advancement opportunities and you get stuck at the salary you are hired at.
Flexible schedule, great events
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoy working for Villanova's Tech Crew because they offer flexible hours and good pay for each event worked. Tech Crew makes it easy to get involved in Villanova's culture.
I was just a student at the time, fun job.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I was still a teen, working there for the season. Fun place to work, a lot of friends worked there with me. The job taught me teamwork,
Wonderful work environment
Digital Print 3 Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 18, 2016
Villanova University is a wonderful community to work within, the co-workers were professional and courteous. The benefit packages offered to the staff were incredible. The job opportunity was wonderful and I would recommend working for this wonderful University.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long drive from Perkasie
Villanova CON
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Multiple hospitals in the Philadelphia AreaFebruary 10, 2016
I absolutely love being a part of the Villanova community. Area is very safe, and walking around the campus is an added benefit.
Pros
beautiful campus, friendly staff
Cons
dealing with the PA turnpike
Work
PATROL OFFICER II (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 9, 2015
Good place to work. Would recommend it to others looking for a job in security. the staff is great to work with. hardest part is the mandatory overtime.
Is wonderful job..
Nutrition Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2015
My typical day at Villanova University would be to set-up the hot and cold lines, replenishes all food where needed..

That if food is presented nicely the students would enjoy it..

My co-workers where awesome people to work with..

I can't say any part of my job was hard..

Just being able to see the smile on the students faces..
Hard work but fun.
Grounds Crew (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 19, 2015
If I remember correctly, I worked from 7:30am until 3:30pm and actually clocked out at 4:00pm. The work was hard especially in the winter. I was called in anytime of night for snow removal. In summertime the mowing never seemed to stop. Overall though a good experience as I had chances to design garden areas which was outside of my regular work.
Pros
Money was good.
Cons
Sometimes a bit of office politics.
Average
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  VillanovaFebruary 7, 2015
Great school, great people, friendliest and nicest people you can meet, but they have great financial and management issues.
Pros
amazing atmosphere, friendly people
Cons
cant support you
Wonderful supportive learning environment
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 4, 2015
This institution goes to great lengths to ensure its students succeed. If needed there is one on one instruction. Instructors and advisor are continuously checking in and offering help.
Pros
Excellent and respected education
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villanova University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight