Villanova University Employee Reviews

Great for college kids.
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 27, 2017
Conference Services is a great program for college students to take part of to earn a few extra dollars during their summer vacation. It comes with free room and board and allows you to work with your peers. Its a good gig to have for a student.
Pros
Free room and board
Cons
Long work days.
Not bad overall, but rushed and confused at times
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 13, 2017
The actual work experience was fine. There was sometimes an unfortunate lack of communication over which professor's job it was to teach the basics to the students, so occasionally the buck got passed to infinity.
I did not work here....
President (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 9, 2017
I am a student at Villanova and I did not actually work here. The organization that I created is a part of the school and if that was working then I would do it forever.
Research lab with friendly and helpful lab members and professor, very flexible hours
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAApril 1, 2017
Working in my professor's lab was a fun and rewarding experience. I gained several helpful skills and knowledge while working in the lab, such as plasmid design, protein purification, and assay design. My professor was helpful in designing and executing experiments. Other lab members were friendly and helped others where they could. The hours were very flexible; some days only 4-5 hours were required while others called for 9-10 hours. The most difficult part of the job was executing a protocol to the letter and still getting disappointing results. The most enjoyable part was the nature of the work; it didn't seem like I was working a typical job. I never felt burnout after working there for extended periods of time and it was intellectually stimulating.
Pros
Flexible hours, laid-back environment, covered lunches
Cons
Pay was only offered during summer
Great entry level position for high school students
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 30, 2017
My experience has been good so far. It is my first real job and a resume builder. A typical day as a dining service employee would be: setting up the dining area, ensuring that customers are satisfied with their meals, and cleaning the area when customers are finished.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hours
Summer Research
Researcher (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 7, 2017
Summer research position, where we were paid and given company equipment to probe for security problems. An average day had me go into a lab at Villanova campus, briefly conference with my superior and then continue to probe security.
Pros
Within Walking Distance
This is a snake pit
Program Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 6, 2017
They lied to us. Made us take a training and then moved us because they over hired with the people. The only thing I like was learning about the programs itself and the my co-workers that were in the same training class.
Pros
its a job
Cons
it sucks
This was a school project
Electronic Lock App (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I did not work for Villanova I just worked on many projects as a student at Villanova. I was not paid but have enjoyed my time working on these projects
Flexible schedule, great events
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoy working for Villanova's Tech Crew because they offer flexible hours and good pay for each event worked. Tech Crew makes it easy to get involved in Villanova's culture.
I was just a student at the time, fun job.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 24, 2017
I was still a teen, working there for the season. Fun place to work, a lot of friends worked there with me. The job taught me teamwork,
Deveopled
Tattoo Artist (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 22, 2017
Loved every moment of being there. This place helped me in so many ways for not only working but growing in my personal development. It was a wonderful experience
Excellent employer offering great wages and an exceptional benefits package.
Master Gardener (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 14, 2017
Having worked at Villanova for over a decade, i can without a doubt say that it is a great place to work. The benefits are amazing, especially the ability to go to pursue a degree for free. The community is great and still maintain a "family" feel despite the trend in many places becoming more "corporate".
Pros
Benefits, great community
Cons
Challenges of working at a University ie; traffic large events, occasionally rowdy students
Fine University
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 7, 2017
Villanova has very high standards. For instance, students know whatever class they take expectation will be high. The university requires a minimum and maximum of reading which takes the pressure off the lecturer in that students know it is not the lecturer's fault they have to read so much.
Pros
Excellent Atmosphere
Cons
Hard to become full time
Conference Services
Conference Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 28, 2016
Conference Services was a very unpredictable job, with a schedule that was different every week with the amount of events on campus, and a very close-knit group of coworkers. And while I was thrown into it without any form of training, I enjoyed my time there for the time that I worked there.
Great place to work but little room for advancement within the department
Assistant Direct of Student Financial Assistance (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 27, 2016
Strongly believed in the mission of the university. Enjoyed my co- workers and the students that I assisted. Advanced from a counselor to assistant director quickly. Learned to manage a variety of federal and state financial aid programs.
Great Place to work/go to school
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PADecember 17, 2016
just a graduate assistant while attending school so not your regular employee. But loved the position and the work we did
New Management Non-caring people
Night and Weekend Bookstore Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 31, 2016
The new management is selfish and non-caring greedy people.
They cover up good work by their employees are take the credit of a job well done.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
New out soured management stinks
Nice campus, ample opportunities to continue education
Art Gallery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 27, 2016
Good school of business - was glad to earn MBA from Villanova.
Unfortunately was not able to use my degree at Villanova because the Gallery was run without any respect to efficiency - just by emotions of supervisors.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Run by Catholic clergy - hypocricy and plots
Great Job
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 7, 2016
This job was extremely fun and engaging. The management was very organized and friendly. Everyday we were given tasks to complete. The job was set in a dining hall. Food was to be prepared quickly, efficiently, and up to health standards. Cleanliness was a must and everyone pitched in to divide the workload.
Pros
Cleanliness, engaging work environment
I loved my time at Villanova
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 5, 2016
Never had any difficulties as a student or an employee. I worked as a graduate assistant after being a lab assistant (I also worked at the convenience store on campus). Payments were easy, the graduate office was great. Excellent all around.