Villanova University Employee Reviews

Project offered to experience different engineering fields
Robotics – Villanova Engineering Projects (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 27, 2016
The project was part of a structured class designed to give experience in Matlab coding to freshmen. The class was taught well and there were many opportunities to lead in a group setting.
Wonderful work environment
Digital Print 3 Manager (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 18, 2016
Villanova University is a wonderful community to work within, the co-workers were professional and courteous. The benefit packages offered to the staff were incredible. The job opportunity was wonderful and I would recommend working for this wonderful University.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long drive from Perkasie
good
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 16, 2016
Very good place to work and professors are very supportive. Explored new stuff while working and it is a great opportunity to work for the department of computer science at Villanova University.
villanova made me
panty (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJune 9, 2016
Working at Villanova build me into the man i am today.Coming out of high school having a baby is hard but my work family alway support
me mentally and emotionally.They alway had a open ear to listen to each other problem.
Dynamic and fun workplace
Asst Director of Women's Basketball Operations (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAMarch 14, 2016
My current role as the Assistant Director of Women’s Basketball Operations includes: providing day-to-day support to the Head Coach, taking a lead role in managing, planning, and execution of events. As the liaison to several departments, I would welcome the challenge of cultivating and successfully soliciting successful work relationships elsewhere.
Pros
flexible schedule
Catholic University
VP of Pre-PA Club (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAFebruary 20, 2016
I have had a great educational and social experience all four years as a full-time student here. As a senior graduating in May of this year, I am sad to go, but I have learned a lot and will bring many ideals and skills with me for the rest of my life, personally and professionally.
Villanova CON
Clinical Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Multiple hospitals in the Philadelphia AreaFebruary 10, 2016
I absolutely love being a part of the Villanova community. Area is very safe, and walking around the campus is an added benefit.
Pros
beautiful campus, friendly staff
Cons
dealing with the PA turnpike
Teaching / Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJanuary 3, 2016
Assisted teachers with classes, learned a lot along the way. They we're welcoming and considerate of my time, and I would recommend working at the University.
Fun work place
barista (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PANovember 1, 2015
I worked here as a barista. The main part of my job was to serve costumers as well as make coffee, take stock, ring up costumer and clean at the end of shift. I had one other coworker as well as a manger. I improved my communication skills, learned to work with others and also learned how to use the cash register system. The best part of the job was the fun environment. The hardest part of the job was to keep orders organized when their were many people.
Very fast-paced,
F/T Graduate Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 20, 2015
I set office appointments, maintained the electronic system for the data entry, handled email and phone calls overload, assisted departmental professors with their classes, designed logos and slogans for different departmental programs and hosted events.
Pros
networks, free food, busy days
Cons
I was rarely given instructions.
Productive work environment
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAOctober 7, 2015
Consistent accountability as workspace is open and multiple tutoring sessions are going on at once. Supportive staff and generally a happy and pleasant place to work. Self-scheduling based on your class schedule adds a lot of convenience.
Educating the college population
Counselor/Investigator (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 13, 2015
Working in a college environment and getting to interact daily with young adults was by far my most positive and enjoyable employment experience. I worked with a fabulous team of the Public Safety staff at Villanova University and thoroughly enjoyed educating the staff, the students and their families. Although my role of working with victims of crime on campus could be challenging, it was the most rewarding and satisfying. Being able to assist, support, and help young women on campus never seemed like "a job" - every new experience enabled me to learn, grow and gain more knowledge as well as forge new relationships and friendships.
Pros
Interacting, educating and meeting new young adults each and every day
Productive and positive workplace
Adjunct Professor, College of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PASeptember 8, 2015
Villanova University is a very diverse and exciting place to work. It has a strong foundation in human rights and ethics and lives by the Catholic values that are the cornerstone of the university. The college of nursing is an outstanding program that has educated nursing leaders throughout our community and the world.
Pros
Very ethics drive
Cons
Early hours
Great Experiences
Social Media Coordinator/Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 22, 2015
I have worked at the VUAA for well over seven years and it was the best experience I have ever had. The job allowed me to be challenged and to problem solve in new and unique ways.
A great school and department to work for as a TA
Teacher's Assistant MechE Analysis and Design Lab (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 20, 2015
It was a great experience to work one on one with teachers and to be able to contribute to teaching in an academic environment.
Work
PATROL OFFICER II (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 9, 2015
Good place to work. Would recommend it to others looking for a job in security. the staff is great to work with. hardest part is the mandatory overtime.
Villanova English
Villanova University Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 27, 2015
High-quality education that is flexible to my needs, especially within the graduate department. Professors are universally helpful and attentive. Most are exceptionally knowledgeable about their fields and willing to help outside of the classroom.
School environment/ work study
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAJuly 23, 2015
It was a great work study experience, and I would recommend anyone who loves tutoring to work on campus. Also, it helps strengthening your own ability to do and manage time on your own school work
Pros
Part time
Cons
Minimum wage
Is wonderful job..
Nutrition Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 14, 2015
My typical day at Villanova University would be to set-up the hot and cold lines, replenishes all food where needed..

That if food is presented nicely the students would enjoy it..

My co-workers where awesome people to work with..

I can't say any part of my job was hard..

Just being able to see the smile on the students faces..
Great school
Associated Professor - Chemical Eng. Dept (Former Employee) –  philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2015
Teaching students is fun. The laboratory and the class rooms are great. Number of students in the class never exceeds 25.