Vineyard Vines Employee Reviews

Goal-driven environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Everyone is very focused and driven by our daily goals. Competitive yet warm work environment. Teamwork and working together plays a huge role in this company.
Fun for recent graduates
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCDecember 19, 2018
If you recently graduated, or need a job, then Vineyard Vines is a great place to start out. The team works well together and have each others backs when dealing with customers. Overall a good place to be if you need a job.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Long term working in retail is not the best
Poor work environment, Low compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 27, 2018
I was a part-time sales associate and I hated every bit of working here. I dreaded coming in to work.
Management team as no communication with their employees and they do not respect employee privacy related to work. The hardest part of the job was folding the t-shirt area because all the customers destroy that area of the store.
They don't handle issues very well. They won't communicate with you or others the way they say they are going to and if anything will push your issue to the side as if it has no importance. Highly suggest you go to corporate to get your issues resolved because they will not help you.
Cons
Low compensation, Poor Management team
Every day should be this good!
Stock/Shipping Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAOctober 3, 2018
Retail job selling a high end island look. Management changed 4 times while I was there, which was hard to gain any credibility. Many sales associates had been there for a long time, and genuinly enjoyed the sales routine which was fun. Adpoted an eye for perfection for detail through my training as a store organizer, stock personelle and sales. Had a great time starting of working career.
Pros
fun environment, scheduled breaks, positive guests
Cons
changing managment
Management changes too often
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCOctober 30, 2018
During my time at Vineyard Vines Outlet (around 1 year), there were 9 different assistant managers. After about 6 months, only one of my original assistant managers remained, but they soon left as well. This made work awkward. Overall work environment is good, and it is an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Commissions
Cons
Typically no breaks on sundays, multiple managerial changes
Nasty people
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEOctober 27, 2018
The company has gone through a huge upheaval. Too much expansion, too quickly and the company management has really clamped down. If payroll gets too high you will be laid off on a dime....if you do not sell enough...you will be laid off. Zero job security. Some of the salespeople are totally nasty.
Pros
Good discount. Free clothes based on your sales.
Cons
Sales people who will steal you sales.
Great company but with some problems
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfield County, CTOctober 29, 2018
I had a pleasure of working for this company about 4.5 years. Nice modern building overlooking the scenic Long Island sound. With some exceptions, people are great to work with.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Micromanagement, cliques, favoritism
Great culture and amazing people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 21, 2018
Worth it for a while, but not for long. People are amazing but the ceiling you hit will keep you in position. Unfortunately favoritism is employed, development is not.
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GASeptember 19, 2018
Vineyard Vines is a great company to work for. The management encourages you to want to learn and increase sales. The incentives for meeting sales are rewarding and the people that work there are friendly.
Pros
great sales incentives, flexible hours
Cons
scheduling problems, dress code
Never work here.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCAugust 27, 2018
Worst job I've ever had. It was AWFUL. Coworkers will try to run you out if they don't like you. Management doesn't care. Customer base is pretentious. Overall, it's like the breeding grounds of Kentucky Derby fans and New Jersey vacationers.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything
Really awesome company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 29, 2018
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Vineyard vines treats its employees typically fairly and works to ensure their employees are happy. Would definitely recommend applying!
Pros
Great discount, Great culture
Cons
opportunities for raises are lacking
Fun and great place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miramar Beach, FLAugust 21, 2018
I worked at Vineyard Vines as my first job. I had a wonderful experience working here. Everyone always stayed upbeat even when we were extremely busy. It was hard work at times but always enjoyable.
Great Company! Poor Management in some locations
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (VISUAL) (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 6, 2018
I loved this company and everything it stood for and allowed me to do and see. The company as a whole is FANTASTIC....however it does have a few bad seeds in some locations. I would work for this company again if the opportunity presented itself, at a location with a good stable management team.
Awesome work environment and amazing discount
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCAugust 17, 2018
- The atmosphere is great.
- The slogan is "every day should feel this good" and is carried out by employees because on hot summer days you can wear a performance shirt, shorts, and flip-flops.
- Amazing employee Discount, not allowed to say but it's the best among retail stores
- No commision but there are possible bonuses and other ways for employee to make extra money
Pros
Discount, Sales Bonuses, good pay for retail, Sales Incentives, Great company overall, highly recommend
Cons
No commision
Relaxed
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10014August 11, 2018
Every day should feel this good. This is the moto of the company and they stay true to it. To the point where the atmosphere of the company was too laid back for my personal taste.
Love
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAJuly 26, 2018
I LOVED working at Vineyard Vines. Great group of people to work with, we had so so much fun. Felt more like hanging out with friends than a job. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Laid back but hardworking environment
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 19, 2018
Working here was a challenge and a fun time every single day. I worked in so many different areas and learned a ton about retail, design, marketing, etc.
Good For a Starter Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  FLORIDAJuly 23, 2018
For a first time job or for a stepping stone job its good. Great Perks - Free Clothing 2x a year and opportunity to earn Whale Bucks, But they are moving towards micro managing.

Arrive get huddled in to get our goals for the day, plan and customer focus. Management has not always been on the same page they are slowly moving that way but its not there yet.

Micromanagement has been the hardest part also they tend to confront employees infront of customers.

But being able to make the Customers Feel Special and Important is a great perk.... esp when we get repeat customers.
Pros
Whale Bucks
Cons
Everyday Does not Feel this GOOD!
Fun place to work with great people and advance in retail
Retail salesperson (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 18, 2018
loved working with vv. Hours got difficult in the summer considering it gets super busy, but overall a great experience and first job. If you are looking for a job that is fast paced and fun, vineyard vines is definitely the way to go!
Productive and Fun workplace
Lead Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 16, 2018
Enjoyable work atmosphere but its a hit or miss when it comes to the management and associate relationship inside the work space. There is not consistency or communication.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Short lunch breaks.