Vinfen Employee Reviews

Forget it. Not worth the time or effort.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 11, 2018
Never made it. I got jerked around. Then I was told to call them and I got an answering machine. I left a message but they never called me back. I waited and waited for a start date but they just never bothered. They don't care about anybody, that compassionate approach is lie. They are in it for the money.
Pros
Cons
all of it
do not have one
Payroll Associate (Current Employee) –  Cambridgeport, MAOctober 1, 2018
none I do not have a review to write. I can not tell any pros or cons for the company because I work temp so I don't get any benefits. IF there were I would have them
;
Horrible Experience
Overnight Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  CTSeptember 25, 2018
Working for vinfen was horrible. The manager I worked under was rude, unprofessional and borderline abusive to staff. The people I worked with were often even worse. HR never seemed to care or even return phone calls. Working with clients was actually very nice, but this is just a very bad company.
Benefits
Cons
Hr, Management, Treatment of Employees
Too top heavy
CBFS Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 3, 2018
A lot of favoritism. Hard working people get passed up on promotions. Upper Management is not that knowledgeable about psychiatric issues that the clients face.
CBFS RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 30, 2018
Management need to listen to all stake holders.
There are alot of issues that happen on the house level that need attention. Program directors are either burned out or have turned the job to a paycheck.
Pros
working with the people served
Cons
you are just a tool of trade, welcome to a revolving door
Horrible place to work
Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAAugust 27, 2018
Employees are at the mercy of DMH contracts. Every 5-6 years the contract is renewed and employees are not garunteed retention of jobs. Extremely poor management. Most people in management positions are rigid and don’t promote team chemistry. Pay is low. The benefits are horrible (high deductibles). They discourage use of FMLA and have restructured how it can be used Morale is always low and the company doesn’t do much to improve this.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, low pay, you’re at the mercy of DMH contracts.
Ok place to work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 8, 2018
Some managers are better than others.have to find house that fits you..always overtime available. HR is slow to get back to you but when they do they are helpful. Fun consumers, minimal behaviors and barely have to restrain
Fun work place
Nursing Assistant Certified (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 8, 2018
I have had positive learning experiences at Vinfen which have help me to develope in the healthcare field. I enjoy getting to know the clients and knowing my role in assisting in the all around care and well being. The families have been great to work with as well as the staff and nursing team.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Per diem
Do. Not. Work. For. Vinfen.
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2018
Vinfen only cares about money and patting themselves on the back for paperwork recording sh:t they dont actually do. It is not what it promises to its clients or employees. Direct care workers are treated without dignity or respect. Swiff staff can work for a year or two and be fired with 1 days notice. Youre always reminded that you are replaceable. You will be over worked, underpaid, and underappreciated. Managemtn and higherups are rude, manipulative and sometimes downright abusive to direct care workers. It was not worth filing a lawsuit because I just wanted to wash my hands of this experience. The work itself was stressful, manageable and rewarding. However, the way the company is run is unsustainable. Turn over rate was and is soo high for a reason. If you do end up applying, ask how many of their staff have been there over 1 year. You will be disappointed by the answer
The brighton day program called dttc would be shut down if it was every audited but DDS wont ever audit them because they know what bad condition it is and that theyd have to shut it down imeditaly.
Dont waste your time with vinfen.
also pay is a joke. barely above minimum wage and is much more work than a minimum wage job asks.
Pros
good insurance.
Cons
no breaks, mean superiors, pay is barely above the poverty line, company only cares about money and prestige.
Great human service company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work to start your career in human services and to grow professionally. Flexible supervisors willing to work with you as best they can. Great learning experience.
You make your own daily schedule
Benefits & Community Integration Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MAJuly 31, 2018
Making your own appointments and schedule with clients is helpful because as long as you meet your quota, you can schedule your days to fit your needs/personality.

Turnover was really high for a few reasons I can think of: Low compensation, stressful work environment with low managerial support, focus on quantity over quality of work, little room for upward mobility.

Working with this population is tough and not for everyone, but can be extremely rewarding when you have the right support and team.
HR Experience
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 26, 2018
This was a paid internship that I had while I was in high school. I worked with HR and loved my boss and some of the coworkers. Often times I felt intimidaded by a couple of the coworkers since I was the youngest one there, but I did not let that stop me. This job provided me with a good office work knowledge as well as learning how to handle very confidential work information.

If I ever come across this work opportunity again, I would take in a heart beat.
No comment
Training Associate (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJuly 26, 2018
No comment at this time. Not much positive comment. Do not recommend to friends. Needs better management and more team players. No one truly wants to collaborate.
fun
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 18, 2018
Omg!! I love everything about that job the people was very friendly my boss was the best. I would come in the morning log in get settled in get everything that needs to be done for that day ready meaning all lay out in order so when it hits 9am its ready to rock and roll.. then I will go get coffee says good morning to everyone then I will start my
Below is my Review Summary
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 7, 2018
At Vinfen, I learned how to get along with a lot of different people.My fellow employees cane from diverse backgrounds. Together we made a collaborative effort to help the clients who were in Rehabilitation,

I learned the importance of detailed case notes, and learned how to create an Individual Action Plan which specified which goals clients were to pursue, and listed the interventions staff would use to help clients overcome barriers.and achieve their chosen goals

Most importantly, I learned exceptional Customer Service Skills and how to deliver to the client the benefits, services, and products he or she desired and needed. I used empathy in all occasions and never disparaged the client.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a client succeed.
The most difficult part of the job was motivating a client who had, perhaps, lost hope and wouldn't move forward.

A typical day at work included sitting behind a computer for at least 3 hours, attending at least one clinical meeting a day, using the phone to schedule appointments for clients and perhaps most importantly
finding medical providers for clients, getting them insurance if need be, and forming a trusting relationship with clients to ensure their success in the community.

Dress was casual, the work was meaningful
Great place to be and make income
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJune 22, 2018
Days at vinfen were very busy depending on the house and location,I learned to enjoy third shift a lot better then 2nd shifts its more quiet.

I was third shift so the work culture wasn't that busy they forgot about us mostly during thirds unless there was a meeting and something we forgot to clean up.

the hardest part abut the job was working with a staff who wasn't familiar with the clients behaviors and triggers it would make an easy day turn very long and filled with paperwork quickly

the most enjoyable part it working with the client they find a special place in your heart that keeps you coming back for more regardless of the behaviors
Pros
maternity flexability, Hours available often
Cons
no job advancement its fixed with favoritism, no job security
enjoyed the experience of caring for my client
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for Vinfen. my client lived locally and was a friend of the family's son. His mother and my grandmother had grew up together so it was nice to have that close knit family feel while working with my client residentially. we are still in touch and have a relationship. I am bringing him out fr his birthday next week!
Pros
fun with a client that was a friend!
Cons
only worked part time with him as a second job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMay 28, 2018
Vinfen is a very great place to be, the benefit is great and from my experience staffing is great and team work is automatic. I would recommend any one to work there.
Vinfen
Associate Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 10, 2018
I found the management of this company faulty. I did not have a clear vision of what the company was looking to do or develop into. The culture here was not creative and lacked people with a lot ambition. The office was quiet and there was no employee morale.
Fun and meaningful place to work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 2, 2018
When working at Vinfen it was a great place to work. I with and around great individuals who were there to better other peoples lives. My manager was the best manager I'd ever had and allowed us to be ourselves. My manager brought the best out in me and made me want to do better. There were good times and bad times but overall my experience working at Vinfen was a good experience.
Pros
Flexibility it schedule, understanding of home life complications.
Cons
micro-managing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vinfen. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight