Vinfen Employee Reviews

Below is my Review Summary
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJuly 7, 2018
At Vinfen, I learned how to get along with a lot of different people.My fellow employees cane from diverse backgrounds. Together we made a collaborative effort to help the clients who were in Rehabilitation,

I learned the importance of detailed case notes, and learned how to create an Individual Action Plan which specified which goals clients were to pursue, and listed the interventions staff would use to help clients overcome barriers.and achieve their chosen goals

Most importantly, I learned exceptional Customer Service Skills and how to deliver to the client the benefits, services, and products he or she desired and needed. I used empathy in all occasions and never disparaged the client.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a client succeed.
The most difficult part of the job was motivating a client who had, perhaps, lost hope and wouldn't move forward.

A typical day at work included sitting behind a computer for at least 3 hours, attending at least one clinical meeting a day, using the phone to schedule appointments for clients and perhaps most importantly
finding medical providers for clients, getting them insurance if need be, and forming a trusting relationship with clients to ensure their success in the community.

Dress was casual, the work was meaningful
Great place to be and make income
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJune 22, 2018
Days at vinfen were very busy depending on the house and location,I learned to enjoy third shift a lot better then 2nd shifts its more quiet.

I was third shift so the work culture wasn't that busy they forgot about us mostly during thirds unless there was a meeting and something we forgot to clean up.

the hardest part abut the job was working with a staff who wasn't familiar with the clients behaviors and triggers it would make an easy day turn very long and filled with paperwork quickly

the most enjoyable part it working with the client they find a special place in your heart that keeps you coming back for more regardless of the behaviors
Pros
maternity flexability, Hours available often
Cons
no job advancement its fixed with favoritism, no job security
enjoyed the experience of caring for my client
Patient Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for Vinfen. my client lived locally and was a friend of the family's son. His mother and my grandmother had grew up together so it was nice to have that close knit family feel while working with my client residentially. we are still in touch and have a relationship. I am bringing him out fr his birthday next week!
Pros
fun with a client that was a friend!
Cons
only worked part time with him as a second job
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAMay 28, 2018
Vinfen is a very great place to be, the benefit is great and from my experience staffing is great and team work is automatic. I would recommend any one to work there.
Vinfen
Associate Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMay 10, 2018
I found the management of this company faulty. I did not have a clear vision of what the company was looking to do or develop into. The culture here was not creative and lacked people with a lot ambition. The office was quiet and there was no employee morale.
Fun and meaningful place to work
Program Director (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 2, 2018
When working at Vinfen it was a great place to work. I with and around great individuals who were there to better other peoples lives. My manager was the best manager I'd ever had and allowed us to be ourselves. My manager brought the best out in me and made me want to do better. There were good times and bad times but overall my experience working at Vinfen was a good experience.
Pros
Flexibility it schedule, understanding of home life complications.
Cons
micro-managing
People are great/ paperwork is out of control
Do not want to disclose (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2018
I love working for Vinfen but the workload is more than any person should have to endure. In order to complete all the requirements you have to work a tramendouse amount of hours.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
to much paperwork
Doing a lot of good for the community
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, MAApril 5, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone is very dedicated and puts the maximum amount of time into their jobs. You know that you are doing the work that supports a community that needs good people.
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Cons
Not the best at work/life balance
decent
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutApril 3, 2018
take clients to their appointments. cook for them. give them their meds. make sure they live a quality life. dont neglect or abuse your clients. be nice
typical day
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 31, 2018
My job was a challenge working with adults with disabilities. I learned how to de-escalate certain situation. I learn a lot of good management from working with different mangers. the hardest part of my job is see some of the adults living the program to live on their own.
Don't waste your time
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 25, 2018
Management & HR need some serious rebuilding. I have never worked for a company that treats their employees as liars whenever they report serious allegations regarding management. Our clients are the ones who suffer the high turnover rates. Everything is taken personal in this environment, and HR does nothing but cover up the shady things happening in this company. We need LEADERSHIP and unfortunately we lack this throughout the whole organization.
Pros
Our clients
Cons
Everything else
very informative
Residential Counselor II/Human Rights Officer (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAMarch 21, 2018
cooking cleaning laid back environment. Love working with the residents and watching them transform into productive members of society. It is a pretty simple job as long as you make sure your shift notes are done have the house cleaned and make sure the dinner is cooked.
Pros
laid back environment
Cons
work hours
It is untill you lern their culture and learn how they manage
Consumer Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 17, 2018
They have very low salary. Vinfen does not develop or train some of their employees given them the opportunity to grow and be successful. They are more interested in promoting low-skill direct care employees in to management position with no advance training in time management, reconciliation of check book, understanding the important of dead line and meeting deadline. 95% of their operation management team has no formal training on how to mange people or understanding finance.
Pros
Helping the individuals they serve
Cons
Very low salary
It wasn't bad
Awake Overnight Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 11, 2018
The particular house I worked at wasn't too bad. It had its moments where it was stressful but for the most part it was a relaxed setting with independent clients.
Productive and fun environment to work
Residential Instructor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 27, 2018
They do allow for time off and other emergency needs.

"Great team environment, freedom for some creativity in approach" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
"And like most social work, its high intensity and relatively low pay and low benefits overall, with a high rate of burnout" (in 10 reviews)

"High turnover due to nature of the work and employees" (in 9 reviews) however, I have not experience this where I work.
Pros
Meals prepared at the VVTC
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced environment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2018
Too many turnovers and Most of the workers in the residental programs get set up to fail and blamed for any issues.

Pay is well but very stressful environments due to everyone always calling out and not having enough coverage.
Pros
Learn a lot in the humen services field
Cons
Upper Managment is rude and quick to fire hard-working individuals.
The facilities are good
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 21, 2018
I work at an acquired brain injury house where most residents are total care so you have to do a lot of heavy lifting also they have no hospital beds so its hard on your back. Vinfen pays all their CNA the same and yet this house requires much more work and should be at a different rate
Pros
The benefits are good
Cons
never enough staff
Don't apply here
Realest (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAFebruary 16, 2018
Management likes to divide and conquer. The PD is the worst, don't apply if you speak the truth. HR is a waste of time and doesn't care about good people. Vinfen keeps the problematic people and gets rid of good people!
Pros
free lunches 1x a year
Cons
management sucks
fun place to be while working on your career
Painter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 13, 2018
vin fin gave my time to help my slef and have a chace to have a career better my slef in the feld also stay on task meet new people get things done also challge my slef
Pros
panter
Cons
gret pay benfits
Good L/W Balance, Poor Compensation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 5, 2018
Good managers are undermined by myopic CEO; compensation is low, but offset somewhat by above average hc benefits; not too demanding of time or professional expectations (fortunately and unfortunately).
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vinfen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight