Vinfen Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone for young adults that have patience with mental disabilities
Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 24, 2019
Overall a good company as a whole. Depending on where you work it can be really fun and productive or just a terrible time. The upside is if you are passionate about this field is has a college reimbursement tuition program for those that would like to continue to really advanced. The pay is not all that great but you can always find overtime when in need. Great benefits also!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not much room for growth
Job Experience
Residential Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAMarch 18, 2019
Working with mentally disabled adults is a gratifying and rewarding work. Vinfen provides most of the resources needed to do your job at the best of your abilities, especially with there training.
Ok place to work
Lead Residential Counselor/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMarch 17, 2019
Worked at the company about 5 years. The company does pay well and you get benefits at 30 hours a week. Depends on where you work but the staff can be awesome and some aren't. The management can be very cliquey and look out for people in thier clique. HR is not better. You can also advance fairly quick. Overall, if you get a good program and manager you will be ok. Can advance quickly as well.
Pros
Pay, benefits and advancement
Cons
Cliquey, poor HR and management
Great clients.
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMarch 4, 2019
Vinfen is a great company to work for. One of my position allowed me to travel to the member's home which made every day different experience for the most part. Office environment was pleasant and friendly.
Not the best place to expect promotion or pay raises, even after years.
Admin Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAMarch 3, 2019
I learned a lot about HR information systems, the full cycle of recruiting in the real world at a large company, and how an HR department works. It was a great insight into the recruitment process from the internal perspective, the need for quality staff and the negative impact turnover has, as well as what to do and not to do at my next role in Recruiting.
Pros
Great Vacation days, Pto, sick time, good health insurance, regular hours, relaxed work setting, great coworkers in the Admin HQ location.
Cons
Incredible turnover of operational staff in the field, way too many openings, not nearly enough talent in the job seeker field, no solution for staffing crisis at the programs, no time/merit based career growth provided to mid level admin staff
Vinfen
Culinary (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTFebruary 26, 2019
I like to work at Vinfen because I get better pay and they help me find better jobs, I'm a hard worker and I like to be on time, I like to cook and I like to clean
Cons
There was no work and life balance
Senior Program Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2019
I was there for a short time for about 11 months. I had a supervisor that was very verbally abusive and always expected me to be at work past 7 o’clock at night. I was on call 24 hours a day seven days a week. The pay was fair but I didn’t think it was fair that I was on call 24 hours a day and seven days a week.
Pros
Caring and helping the individuals they serve
Cons
Being on call 24 seven and having no work and life balance
Relaxed environment, but hiring classtoolaxed
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Current Employee) –  West Hartford, CTFebruary 19, 2019
Vinfen will hire anyone Their hiring process is too laxed and therefore the best candidates are not who they hire. New employees aren't coached enough and it falls on vterans to care enough to teach on the job.
A Growing Company That Works With You!
Community Connector (Current Employee) –  Lowell, MAFebruary 12, 2019
I have been at Vinfen for a little over a year and couldn't recommend this job more for reasons, such as;

Created internships for me while I was in college
Help pay for my college classes
Work around my school schedule
Flexible schedule
Mileage reimbursement
Great dental and health benefits
Promoted to a 3 dollar raise position in 6 months
Competitive Salary
Rewarding work with the people we serve

This is a great job if you have human service, problem solving skills. I can truly say I love my job and the people I work with. If you work hard it will not go unnoticed here in Lowell.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
One late day a week can be tuff but do able
Good place to be. Good management with bonuses to staff when possible. Good training programs for staff.
ACCS LPHA Clinician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 9, 2019
Vinfen is a great place to work. Compensation is good, and there is room to grow. 24/7 work requirement is not sustainable resulting in burn out on clinicians.
Dance, coloring
CNA/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MA, Hyde park MA, Mattapan MAJanuary 8, 2019
I like to work with elderly people
Even mental health or people in disabilities, I like them
, sometimes, they make me happy. I am friendly, patient, likely. I like to make them happy, sung for them dance with them, and even make coloring with them.
They love my food, some of them ask me how to cook and I explain to them. I really like working with them.
Pros
I want to start now
Cons
With desabilities
nope
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJanuary 8, 2019
Vinfen is a mental health vendor using peoples with disabilities to collect state grants by lying on time stamped government documents. they do not put any effort into the rehabilitation of their clients.
Don't Work Here
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 2, 2019
One of the worst corporations. Conduct a thorough research and you will discover they're not who they claim to be. Employees are overworked, underpaid, unsupported and are treated horribly. The turn over is extremely high, extreme burnout,and understaffing is constant. A revolving door that never ends says it all. This is not the place to be. You can do you better.
Pros
Cons
Severe toxic culture, Upper Management
producive
Relief Residental Counsellor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 21, 2018
Vinfen is a place of transformation, a place to grow and a place to know more about other people and there environment. Working in vinfen is a has make me understand people around me.
good place to woork
RESIDENTIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2018
administer medication, make lunch go food shopping take them to doctor appointment assist in there needs. I learn the needs of others and there feeling , go to activity with them , help them be successful in the community the hard part of the job is manage the stress
Vinfen was a company that work with mentally challenged, development challenged
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MADecember 10, 2018
A typical day at work was I helped the clients I work with fill their med boxes for the week. I gave some of the clients their medication every day I worked Part Time. Some were self medicating with the help of staff filling their medication boxes. Some clients came to office daily to receive their medications that I administered to them. I wrote daily notes with my interaction with any client I had an interaction with on the days that I worked. I answered telephones on a two line phone. I took messages for other staff members and the Program Director. I took the clients to doctors appointments when necessary. I took the clients shopping once a week helping them with their shopping and disbursing their money to them for the shopping trip. When necessary had to fill in for a staff member if they happened to call in sick that day to cover their shift besides my own. That only happened mostly during inclement weather. I learned computer skills, cpr classes. Had to pass a CPR exam every two years. Had to take a course on First Aid Training and pass the course in order to keep my job. Needed to have a valid drivers license in order to take the clients shopping and doctors appointments. I learned how to dive a larger van than I was used to. I took two driving lessons at my own expense to help me in this area. Management was professional and had weekly meetings regarding the clients and job duties. It was a staff meeting on a weekly basis. Management helped with their supervising duties when deemed necessary. Their was a high turnover rate of the Program Directors  more... I was supervised with. They either were promoted or transferred within the company for a different position. The workplace culture was an equal opportunity environment. The hardest part of the job was dealing with clients when they were in crisis. I needed to develop skills, if this happened on the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a diversity of people on a daily basis. Writing notes on my interaction with the clients when I worked on a part time basis.  less
Pros
Flexible working schedule
Cons
Governor Baker cut funding for the human service field.
Greaat place
Residential Counselor II /Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 7, 2018
Hr was very helpful as long with manangemt team I enjoyed my job got along well with coworkers, gained a good rapport with the individuals I served and built a good reputation
Temporary only. Don't go full time
Residential Counselor II (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 6, 2018
Poor management
Need thick skin, as clients will take advantage and be verbally aggressive
Poor pay, though it seems to be getting better
No direction for company or for clients
Clients are not pushed to better themselves. They are allowed to stay living in the group homes indefinitely without needing a job.
Pros
The other counselors can be great
Cons
Management, pay, difficult to deal with clients if you are sensitive
Great Place
Lead Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 29, 2018
Great company. Well respected Goals of the company. Excellent resources for the people served. Great Transition program for the people served. Training opportunities for staff was great. It is a very friendly environment.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Fast paced
Forget it. Not worth the time or effort.
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 11, 2018
Never made it. I got jerked around. Then I was told to call them and I got an answering machine. I left a message but they never called me back. I waited and waited for a start date but they just never bothered. They don't care about anybody, that compassionate approach is lie. They are in it for the money.
Pros
Cons
all of it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vinfen. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight