Vintage Stock Employee Reviews

Slow paced and team oriented workplace with many long time employees.
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2019
The work day typically started out slow, with business picking up more in the early afternoon. There were always enough employees in the store to handle all the work, and always something to do.
I learned a lot of my inventory skills at Vintage Stock, such as how to organize DVDs or video games in alphabetical order, how to locate and log items into inventory on the computer, and how to take things out of inventory. The management was laid back and polite, not overbearing or stressful. The workplace culture consisted mainly of many employees who had worked there for years and become friends over time, they worked well together and were quick to help each other. The hardest part of the job was learning the point of sale system, and their inventory system. The most enjoyable part of the job was that during the Christmas season ,they would play Christmas movies in the store all day long.
Pros
Discounts on all kinds of movies, games, and comics that are hard to fins elsewhere
Cons
Virtually no ability to move up in the company, difficult to get higher pay
Great place for lovers of pop culture.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSFebruary 28, 2019
Vintage stock attracts a very specific crowd, but as an employee if you break that somewhat 'geeky' mold but can still enjoy the various mediums, you'll have a great time.
Good job. Only part time. Looking for more pay
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 18, 2018
Something that Vintage Stock provided me with is an outstanding opportunity to learn about retail and customer service!
The product was something that I enjoyed and embraced selling to customers.
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKSeptember 28, 2018
The only downsides to this job were the manager but she is no longer with the company and low pay. It was a fun, fast-paced job with a great staff and interesting product and a wide range of customers.
Pros
fun job, great employees, great work environment
Cons
poor pay, bad former management
a good plac to get some experience underneath you
Manager of Department (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKSeptember 10, 2018
some days are slow, weekends are busy
how to handle money a bit more/training others that came in
the best
buying anything you could almost thick of
customers that yelled at me
having a customer leaving a positive review
Pros
discounts
Cons
screaming customers
Team based company with strong ties to their customers
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOAugust 28, 2018
Not your typical retail store. The environment is inviting and welcoming and the staff really enjoy what they do on a day to day basis. Most days are customer driven and catered to create an experience that anyone can enjoy.
Good place to start
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2018
Vintage Stock is the perfect example of how you only get paid to do jobs you don't like. Working for this company can be a lot of fun depending on the team you work with and the effort you put in but one thing it is bad about is paying people.
Pros
Free rentals
Cons
Low pay
A nerd's first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJuly 24, 2018
I loved this as my first job. If V Stock paid as much as my job now, I would go back. You'll always have hours there. the thing that drove me away was minimum wage, and some work drama between some managers. I also felt like I putting work before school. That is another reason why I quit.
Pros
Hour long breaks
Cons
Minimum wage, some work drama
Work at Vintage Stock
Key holder, Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AR 72756July 18, 2018
Working at vintage stock is particularly easy once you understand how all the tech works. The store is a hobby store in short. They buy and sell products from movie DVDs to toys and video games. One has to learn and understand how to use the data interface and how to ring people up. Majority of the job is customer service and stocking the shelved with product. Customer service consists of buy ins from the normal public, product suggestions, and promotions of sales. Processing of product is also an important duty. Everything from resurfacing of discs and medial maintenance of the store. It is a nice job for one who is looking for a collage job. If you do not have alot of bills to pay then it is the ideal. Unless you want to go to full time, which is only after the first 90 days, that is the only way to make a decent living out of the pay. The hardest part of the job would be trying to do mandatory store projects while having to work with the influx of customers. They can definitely make your days longer. The most enjoyable point of the job would have to be the interesting people you meet from time to time as well as the other easy going employees. If you want to work in this job I do highly recommend being a geek or nerd of some pop culture.
Pros
discounts and social interactions
Cons
pay
Bad business model
Cashier/Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OK 73099July 7, 2018
Very stressful environment, old slow outdated computers, cashiers have to be able to multitask which means buying things from customers (Video games,cds,books, toys,etc) while checking people out
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managers
Great for teenagers
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 20, 2018
Vintage Stock is great if youre a teenager looking for something to occupy your time with fun thingns to look at. Depending on the area your customers may or may not be the reason you’d want to leave.
Comfortable and fun workplace.
Key Holder, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJune 20, 2018
Although it is retail, which comes with its own issues, overall the job was enjoyable. All employees were amiable and management was generally understanding.
Pros
Discounts, relatively flexible hours.
Cons
Retail is retail.
Fun environment and interesting people
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 15, 2018
Being a store manager, I was exposed to a wide variety of interesting people to work with. My individual style allowed me to hire wonderful staff to ensure our working environment was positive and fun.
Pros
Neat and rare items brought in by the public daily.
Cons
Corporate could make unreasonable expectations of managers to include inflated sales goals, Purchase price of items from the public continually declined over years to low percentages
Ok as long as you're fine with drama
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 13, 2018
Vintage stock is a good company to work for. But the fellow associates can be a pain. My particular supervisor was lazy and often didn't show up to work. And the management above him was to worried about upsetting people that worked below them unless corporate was on him. Quick to throw people under the bus. Sometimes too relaxed that it was completely unprofessional.
vintage stock
Salesclerk (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKMay 7, 2018
Helped customers with any questions they had. Answered phones, and checked inventory. Maintained the Cards and Video Games sections in the store, and made sure it was clean and well organized. Pitched ideas on how to sell product, and increased sales in the card section of the store. typical retail store and job
Na
Comic book manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 19, 2018
I would recommend this employer for anyone attending school and needing a very flexible job with a very supportive management staff. It is not a career employer unless you desire to be a retail manager.
Great work family
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKJanuary 26, 2018
May not like the pay or how little hours i get but i do love my work family. I've learned so much in the matters of customer service, telephone skills and cash hand.
Pros
games discounts
Cons
salary, hours
Great Employees, Terrible Employers
Movie Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 10, 2018
The people I met working at this store have been some of the best I've ever met. however the management and upper management were dodgy at best. unfair hours and wages where a constant topic of complaint among employees.
The employees are the best thing here
Employee (Current Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 13, 2017
One of the weirdest thing about vintage stock is the fact that you can work on your own pace until closing time. I started working by constantly moving arround the store putting up items ready for sale and checking on customers if they needed anything while other employees did more technical tasks. But the employees are the best part of this job because they are all interesting to talk to and have fun socializing which is a good thing to see in a store.
Pros
Discounts, awesome coworkers, and some cool customers.
Cons
Rude customers, lack of direction, and closing shop.
great job if you are in high school
Special Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  joplin moDecember 9, 2017
I was employed for multiple years and was advanced quickly to management but afterwards it was like pulling teeth to get a .10 cent raise. Once you reach 9.25 an hour you are told it is a more than liveable wage and also asked to do 3 times the workload on any given occasion without advanced warning. This warehouse is very mis managed and advancement is given upon favoritism of employee rather than merit. There are people in positions in this company with no idea what they actually do and only do enough to keep their job. Very poor work environment.
Pros
free movie rentals
Cons
pay, management, workload