VIP Petcare Employee Reviews

Reliable and amazing company to work for.
Rig Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHFebruary 15, 2019
I can’t imagine calling anyplace “home” other than VIP. I love the work environment and the drive of the company. I received my degree in teaching, and decided that I loved VIP so much that I would pursue my career in the animal medical field verses early childhood education. Vippetcare has offered insentives along the way to better my training. These past 4 years have been some of the best 4 years of my adult career. Vippetcare has not only helped me grow in my career life, but my personal life by pushing me and motivating me to new lengths I never knew existed.
Weekend Job with Travel
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 12, 2019
You typically work a 10-14 hour day. You travel all over southern California each day and set up mobile vaccine and preventative care clinics. Work with only dogs and cats.
Pros
easy to make raises
Cons
long days and extreme heavy lifting
Good work environment
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAFebruary 10, 2019
The company has a fun work environment and managers are willing to work with you. Flexible schedule on the weekdays but weekends are long and arduous.
Good weekend job
Rig Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Valley View, OHJanuary 22, 2019
Not much room for growth or advancement.
12 hour days Sat and Sun, not many hours during the week.
Strictly part-time.
Fun work environment w/ plenty of hands on experience with animals
Good place to work with animals and work for a second job
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MIJanuary 14, 2019
Worked weekends only, or the occasional weekday for vaccination training or lunch & learns. Training did not include "fear free" techniques when I was there, and management had implemented that clinic assistants needed to be proficient in some techniques (ex. handling/restraint) before starting training in tasks such as blood draws.
Pros
Paid training, lunch & learns
Cons
A bit disorganied depending on supervisors/managers
A productive work place with a great team that works together to reach the companies goals.
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cinnaminson, NJDecember 19, 2018
A day there was of traveling and caring for animals. The teams were great and well organized and the most difficult things that took place was the foul smells at some clinics.
Pros
Free lunch, training classes for raises
Not worth the pay
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  AZDecember 2, 2018
Want to be a high school girl and totally gossip all day long? You’ve come to the right place. Management gossips about employees to other employees. Immature, unprofessional. Too much drama!

Most of us work enough to be full time yet everyone stays at part time because company policy and screw us on benefits.

Want to take off work for a weekend? Then you won’t be paid for that week. No life on the weekends, nothing is scheduled during the week.

No one cares about their employees anymore, they talk down to us and treat us like the job is easy when they’ve never worked in the field themselves. And expect you to have no life outside of work and be on call when ever they say.

We don’t get paid enough to deal with all this
Pros
Get to work with animals
Cons
Management, gossip girls
Great money, but not worth it.
Rig Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wixom, MINovember 30, 2018
I have worked here for a long time. I have seen a lot happen with the company. Before, I felt like they really cared about their employees. Now it feels like it's only for the money in their pockets. The company has taken a lot of tiny shortcuts in order to decrease the amount they have to spend. Ex. cutting back to only two people for most runs (when there should be three), cutting food & representatives at meetings, etc. So much pressure is put on us about hitting an average that sometimes is not feasible. You do the work of two people and the expectations are unrealistic. The training they have doesn't prepare you at all for the job, and the only person who was doing it can't do it on a weekly basis anymore. Meetings are mandatory and on set days, if you can't make it you are automatically given 2 points (equivalent of missing a weekend), and you only have a maximum of 10 before you are fired. The meetings themselves range from 1 hr to 3 hrs depending. Your schedule is typically only set the Monday before the weekend, so if you like to go out or need more time to plan then you're screwed. There are also overnights where they send you to a farther location with a hotel for Saturday night. Meal reimbursement is low and comes on your next check. The anxiety this job gives is not worth the money. I highly advise looking into a different company.
Pros
Weekend work, easy to fit in schedule for school or another job.
Cons
Too many to list, read review.
Cliques
Vet Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 26, 2018
Lots of cliques in the workplace. You can feel uncomfortable if you're not included in one. Management plays favorites all the time. Decent pay for easy work though
It's ok
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2018
The company provides a much needed service in an industry where customers can struggle to afford basic care like vaccinations. Good for college students.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Too much drama
Fun work place full of enthusiasm
CLINIC ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 21, 2018
I enjoy what I do at VIP pet care. The days may be long but who pays attention when time flies by as quick as it does. You always stay busy. I have an awesome team who always helps outs one another where it’s needed.
Great easy going work place with great energy
Field Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Verne, CANovember 16, 2018
Overall VIP is a great company to work for we have great employees and great management who like to keep in touch and give you updates on your performance.
You'll just be a salesman
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
This job is only good if you don't mind giving up literally your entire weekend. Shifts can go from 6am-8pm or later, not to mention a daily changing schedule, and most places are out of town, we're talking driving most days 2 hours one way. That can include driving all the way to Del Rio, (or Corpus, San Saba etc) and back in one day on top of working 3 clinics. You'd think with 12-14+ workdays you'd at least get a lunch, but NOPE! Seriously, they tell us no scheduled lunches, just try to eat when you can. Management gossips about employees there, and there is no job security. This a revolving door of a place, people get hired and quit/fired so much you never get to really know the people you work with. The almighty dollar and what you can sell is always going to be the bottom line, do not go into the job thinking that it's about pet care and wanting to help because it's not. They'll tell you'll get bonuses for selling the most, but that's only for the rig supervisor, the team that also helps with and does most of the work doesn't see a dime of any bonuses. At the end of the day you're just a salesman pitching flea medications and vaccine packages instead of actually helping animals.
Pros
Awesome coworkers
Cons
Bad work environment and management
Fun workplace, good for students, long shiifts
VETERINARY TECHNICIAN / RIG SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 14, 2018
Fun workplace, good for college students, long traveling hours on weekends. Great for college students wanting to work in the animal science or vet tech field.
Gaining a lot of experience and acknowledgement
Clinic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 29, 2018
Great place to work, you become a family. You work a really long shift with people that you grow attached too. You learn a lot and you educate people as much as you can on how to take care of their animals. You're also saving lives.
na
Vet. Tech (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAOctober 22, 2018
There's a lot of heavy lifting and no training on how to use you body properly.
work place culture is geared towards younger people i.e 19-25.
12+ hour days
Nashville = terrible
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNOctober 21, 2018
This is a great position for students that need a job on the weekends. These are LONG days at the minimum 10 hours per day but as long as 14-15 hours a day. You do get a lunch break but it is with you group so you never have time to escape an annoying coworker or otherwise unpleasant situation. Sometimes you barely you get a lunch break though.... If clinics run over you may have to run through a drive through and eat on the go or maybe, just maybe, stop after the 2nd store.
If working here make sure to get your accolades ASAP, that makes the long hours a little more worth it because you get paid more.

But at the Nashville branch, the management is terrible. There are favorites who will get to go the stores that will get you good sales numbers every time and are close to the office getting them home earlier. If you are not a favorite you are sent on super early morning runs and have a long day of seeing barely anyone all day long. One would think that going in early leads to going home early but that is not the case with this job. Management is also petty. They will not speak with you face to face in a confrontation until it is absolutely necessary and they will make your life miserable if they don't like you for whatever reason. And they will choose random reasons for not liking you at time, like not bending over to their every wish. They have lost about 90% of their staff because any full time was eliminated, corporate decision, meaning no one has benefits except for those in the office. They did not try to make the situation better for anyone only basically telling
  more... us this is how it is and to deal with it. They will inconvenience everyone else as long as it doesn't inconvenience them. Management is rarely in the office and seems unwillingly to train new employees thoroughly to do a good job and make sure no one gets hurt.

New employees are barely trained, if at all, and are sent out to stores to work without a person knowledgeable to teach them, or with enough time because they are sent to busy stores.

You will not have any time on the weekends if you work here. It's usually 22-25 hours in a weekend.

Also, this company is not in it for the animals. They are just interested in making money.
Pros
pay raises, long hours, weekends only
Cons
long hours, awful management, favoritism
Travel with hands on vet assisting experience
Vet Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MAOctober 21, 2018
Great job, unfortunately very hard to balance with other work. Work would begin at home office and then travel times of 1 hour to 3 hours to the frist job site and then to three other destinations before the long drive back home to finish the day. Very long days, heavy equipment, no benefits. Definitely recommend if you're interested in pursuing veterinary care and have customer service experience.
college job. weekends only
VETERINARY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CAOctober 16, 2018
expect to give up your weekends to work all weekend and stay over night at motels. Decent pay for college students trying to make a little extra money.
Long Hours But Worth It!
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYOctober 3, 2018
This job is mainly a weekend job but has opportunities for work during the week for weeknights clinics. On average you will put it 11/hrs a day for Saturday and Sunday making 22+ hours for the weekend. You work for about 5 of those hours in the clinic and the rest of the time is the travel. They put you through extensive training because it is needed, you will be dealing with excited or fractious animals and their owners. You need to be educated about vaccines, parasites, and preventatives to effectively help clients during the clinic. On average there are 3-4 people who work the clinics all day and you all travel in the same van. Teamwork is critical because you have to do a lot of lifting, dragging, carrying, and setting up the rig cases. This is a fun job because you get to work with people from all over who have the same interest which is their pets! You will work with many different types of dog breeds, cat breeds, and people. If I could stay longer I would, but I had to go away to school.
Pros
Long breaks, cute dogs and cats
Cons
Long travel, heavy lifting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIP Petcare. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.9Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight