VIPdesk Connect

VIPdesk Connect Employee Reviews

United States37 reviews
Scripted phone job, need to keep your stats up, chances for commission
Decent company, leadership is the best part of this job.
Technical programs could be more integrated, have to copy and paste often...

Needed much more phone practice before being put on the floor for live calls.

I would work here again and I do recommend VIP.
A place you go in the meantime.
Typically you have to sign on to the system up to 8 mins early just to make sure everything is up and ready and even then their system many times kicks you back out. They offer partime, fulltime and flex time (you choose your own hours)
Pros
fully remote, choosing your own schedule (flex)
Cons
Confused Cust, Docked for bathroom breaks, pushed to make in duplicate service requests, No hold time, 8 day training, unrealistic sales goals, low pay sales bonuses, low base pay
Only as a stepping stone (chanel)
Use this job only as a stepping stone. This is a call center job disguised as a stylist job by the recruiter. Management is never on the same page. Your treated terribly by stores and by clients and possibly management if you aren't liked. Work is added to the description late after your hired and the recruiter will tell you just about anything to get you in because the turn over is so high.
Insufficient training for amount of work to be done
Training focused too much on the brand and less on the many programs needed to do simple customer service. Very cumbersome process. The amount of work and steps they require would be acceptable if it was a much better paying job. Computer system needed would be a dual screen or more to run all the programs which are not part of a portal but yet just run from google chrome. Confusing to remember what you need to be utilizing with little focus on that in training. Schedules with this company do not provide for two consecutive days off. They are also changing every pay period so makes it very difficult to work a part time job . Who is living off of just one customer service job these days?
Cons
10 min breaks instead of 15, days off not consecutive
Hired and did not pass training so terminated
Training was not efficient. There was much wasted time on the client history and not on the actual program knowledge that was needed. I Could not get into one of the important programs due to login error on their end until 1day prior to going live. So I had no time to practice. Surprised ....did not pass certification. I wasn’t even aware of a pass or fail after training. I spent my days off putting together notes and the company had no issues just dismissing me. I received a TERMINATION email. I haven’t ever been terminated from a job from lack of knowledge. FYI... I wasn’t the only in the training class that was dismissed (terminated). No empathy at all for those who truly contributed and were dedicated...just dismissal. Training needs to be restructured.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Not loyal to employees
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Wasted a lot of time and misleading
First of all be prepared to waste 3-4 hours in the application/interview process. You have to do an online assessment, an extended (2nd) application a recorded video interview, and a live phone interview. Then the pay is $10 an hour plus commission. They say up to $18 but it’s more like $10-12 an hour so if your looking to make anymore money than that don’t waste your time like I did.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Pay
Unique Work Environment
The management at this company was very supportive. The breaks and time off are very strict. Everything is very to the books. Positive energy was always enforced when dealing with difficult customer service inquiries.
I love working for VIPDesk Connect
VIPDesk Connect application process was smooth. The trainer was very knowledgeable and helpful. The Trainers in the chat rooms are very supportive of you.
Pros
Support
Cons
Stats
Overworked, Underaid
The management, although "nice", is a bunch of "Yes" men and are looking for the same. Dont expect to have a life outside of work. You are docked for BATHROOM BREAKS.
Pros
Other than a strict work from home policy, none.
Cons
All of it
Working from home was great but the hours were not.
I worked long hours and was always working at least one weekend day. The program I was initially hired for was lost and I was transferred to a different area. The focus was on selling there line and I was not comfortable with that.
Pros
Working from home saved money on clothes and gas.
Cons
I worked long hours and always had to work weekends.
Not a great place
I would not recommend this job. Little trainging and the calls are not sales calls as we e are lead to believe. The pay is not good and commission is worse.
Amazing with a Capital VIP!
This job is by far one of the absolute best environments one could work for. Positive team with a lot of feedback. Great resources. Upward mobility, a LOT of understanding when it comes to time. When I did the training they made sure I understood the system. I believe, however, the training has changed significantly and it's not as robust as it used to be.
Pros
Everything!!
Cons
That I couldn't work this and my new job.
Wonderful Team with a great work ethic!
VIPdesk Connect is such a wonderful company! The passion behind what they do for people is truly remarkable. I felt immediately at home when I joined the team and have continued to learn and grow with great people. Work life balance is ideal here! I feel they respect my skills and understand I am an asset to the team.
Pros
Remote work, collaborative team, great clients!
Cons
Not much!
Very good company to work for
This was a work-from-home position so it provided the convenience that I was looking for. The training process (e.g. mentoring/follow-up) was very accommodating and personable.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Home Advisor
Job is very fast. You will take almost 200 calls every work day. Job duties include referring customers to home contractors. Customers believe they are calling the contractors directly. They are unaware they are calling through home adviser. The goal is to convince customer to use services through home advisor, this will allow you to submit a service request. STATS are affected if service request goals are not met.
Nice People Low Pay
Nice People Low Pay. They pack the reps with a ton of programs on some and then others are just one client. They are very strict with time attendance and have no tolerance for private health issues.
Great Place and People
Great if you love retail but not the retail environment. Although it is work from home, it still feels like you are part of a team. Everyone is eager to help and encourage. Would work for this company again.
Pros
Work-Life Balance is wonderful. Pay is generous for such an accomodating job.
Cons
VIPdesk Connect is a great place to work. They are very respectful of their employees and work with them to make sure they are in a position they love and in which you, as an employee can grow!
Pros
Schedules based on what you want to work.
Cons
Lunch breaks are only 1/2 hour
Best job I've ever had
I have been with the company now for about five months. I enjoy my job very much and have learned on the job about the various technologies that we use. They were very fluent in their training and continue to be very responsive about any questions or problems that may come up. I love the fact that I can work from home. The management has been amazing. If you work hard, it's not difficult to receive good bonuses. The pay and hours are wonderful and I'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a good, easy job.
Pros
Work from home, good hours, good pay, amazing bonuses
Cons
Coworkers are located all over the US
fast paced but fun
This is a fast paced job with lots of customers who are very vocal about their wants and likes. I learned a lot about the fashion industry.
To be successful in this job you must have a sense of fashion, and the ability to sell over the phone. .
Pros
seasonal work
Cons
seasonal work
Fair
There was a lot of pressure to sell services to customers during rhe calls. So much of a call was scripted, and every element of the script must be included in each call. I am more inclined to follow the flow of a conversation with a customer and guide him/her in the direction appropriate for the job.
Pros
Nice, helpful managers
Cons
too much scripting, and pressure to sell services