VIPKID Employee Reviews

Awesome work from home gig!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  AnywhereNovember 13, 2017
This is the best job I’ve ever had. If you love to teach kids, I highly recommend it. Come to the interview process prepared! There’s lots of info to cover but it’s necessary.
Pros
Great pay! Great kids! You pick availability!
Cons
Language barrier can be frustrating but they are getting better
Best work from home job
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2017
You wake up super early. You must have great internet connection and reliable equipment. If you do not check your equipment beforehand, you might unintentionally lose a student booking. It is fun. You make the lesson fun for the kids. They are adorable kids!
Place is a joke
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Home, KSNovember 9, 2017
Management is incompetent. Doesn't speak English and seems to resent anyone who might know more than they do. Will sabotage you and lie to you when you ask questions, and that is IF you get an answer at all.
Pros
Cons
Malicious Bosses
Part time teaching
English Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 2, 2017
This is a pretty good gig for an experienced teacher looking to make extra money. However, the rules are extremely ridged and the hours can be challenging depending on where you are in the country.
Fun Part-time work
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  OnlineOctober 29, 2017
It is great for a side job. The job consists of waking up and logging on to the computer and working with Chinese children on the other side of the world.
Well paid job that allows me to pick my availability.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  My homeOctober 27, 2017
VIPKID is an enjoyable job because of the amazing interaction I get with my students. I enjoy waking up each morning to teach them! The money I earn from this job is a nice addition to my already full time teaching job salary.
A solid way to make extra money.
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZOctober 11, 2017
VIPKID was a way for me to make an extra couple hundred a month. I quickly realized that it was 1. A lot more easy to teach classes than I initially realized and 2. That teaching classes was fun!

The great thing is that I can create my own schedule and teach as many classes as I want. I have two young kids but if I could, I would teach full time.
Pros
Great pay, flexibility to work
Cons
Hours are very early
Great to work from home but gets lonely and hours can be rough
INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2017
Its been super helpful during a time that I needed to work from home but the job can get boring after a while. The pay isn't bad but there are no benefits and no paid time off.
Pros
work from anywhere
Cons
no benefits
Independent Contractor position
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, TXOctober 9, 2017
This teaching position allows you to set your own hours. It is part time, early mornings, nights and weekends. Lessons are done for you. It is a fun experience teaching in China via their platform.
Pros
set own schedule
Cons
few hours
Flexible Schedule
Online ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hales Corners, WISeptember 28, 2017
Teachers at VIPKID are able to set their own calendars. I teach full time, so there are only certain times (Beijing) time that I am available. Classes are one-on-one and it's a great cultural experience. I normally teach secondary ed, so the experience at the grade school level is exciting.
Great part time job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  UtahSeptember 20, 2017
Love that I make my own schedule but unless you go over the top crazy with props and decorations and make a fool out of yourself, you can't guarantee that you'll always be booked. And aim to please the parents. Even if you can't see them, they're watching. And any bad reviews affect you for a long time and can decrease your bookings
Pros
Great starting pay, good supplementary income, cute kids
Cons
I have to embarrass myself, poor communication, everything that goes wrong is somehow your fault
Best Job Ever!
Teacher- I teach Chinese students English (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILSeptember 17, 2017
I love working for VIPKID!!!! I get to make my own schedule, and I get paid for teaching cute kids. It's wonderful! They pay you via direct deposit once a month.
Great place to work from home.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 7, 2017
You get the opportunity to teach ESL online from the comfort of your home. Very professional, great incentives, provided curriculum, IT support, lovely families and unique experiences. Company got #5 on top of best places to work from home list from Forbes this year. Now they're also offering in-person coaching at some cities in the country. You can work from anywhere in the world as long as you have a reliable Internet connection, a webcam and a headset. It is very fun!
Great place to work from home for real!
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 5, 2017
You set your hours- work as much or as little as you want. You get to make a difference in so many children's lives. Great way to work and still stay at home with your family. They listen to their teachers and try to make accommodations. They do well communicating and trying to support their employees. I highly recommend working here!
Pros
You set your schedule, awesome kids, great way to work and have a home/life balance
Cons
As a contract employer you only get 6 cancellations per 6 months
Great place to work for supplemental or primary income.
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  北京市online/remoteSeptember 5, 2017
I love working with VIPKID. I love that I can set my own schedule, and I can work as much or as little as I want. The classes are only 25-28 minutes in length, so this makes it that much easier.
Pros
Set your own schedule
Cons
Strict canellation policies
Great Job
Virtual English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 31, 2017
I have been with the company over a year. I love everything about it. It is a great job. The hours can be a challenge. As an independent contractor there aren't any benefits, but the job itself and the company is an excellent work from home teaching position. I am very, very pleased.
Is this an identity scam??
Teacher (Former Employee) –  SCAugust 19, 2017
The company wanted me to scan and email a copy of my passport. Feels a lot like a scam. Is it? Or is this job for real?? Feedback would be extremely helpful and appreciated!!
Good Company !
English Teacher (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLAugust 18, 2017
Great to work from home, good pay and flexible hours. The only thing I don't like is that they pay monthly and this gets to be little to long. They have good people behind their costumer service helping all the teachers daily.
Pros
Work form home
Cons
Pays every month and not every 15 days.
It is a fun place to work and it gives you the ability to be flexible
Teacher of English (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2017
VIPKID is a good company. They are fast growing (maybe a little too fast) and they pay well. The students are great and most of the VIP staff is, too.
Pros
Great hours and compensation. The ability to connect with students across the world.
Cons
Communication is an issue sometimes due to the language barrier, They are trying to grow too fast and cannot always meet the needs of the teachers.
Love it
Teacher (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 17, 2017
I was skeptical at first because it looked like a scam but I tried it anyway. It's a time consuming interview process but if you practice and follow all directions it's easy. I passed and have been teaching for 3 months now, I love it!! I get to stay home and make money. I have to wake up earlier than I would like but I've gotten used to it. Everyone is very supportive and I enjoy 'going to' work ! The children are adorable and so eager to learn it makes waking up early or staying up late manageable :) Their cancellation policy is very strict however you're in charge of your own schedule so just don't sign up for what you can't handle.
Pros
Stay at home, Pay, Fun work environment
Cons
Communication is not immediate due to time difference

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIPKID. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3