Play YouTube video button

VIPKID Employee Reviews

Featured review
VIPKID selected this as a representative review
One of my favorite jobs!
Online ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Prosper, TXOctober 5, 2018
I absolutely love VIPKid. I love that I can pick my schedule, work while everyone in my home is sleeping, and building relationships with children around the world.
Side hustle turned into full time gig
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 17, 2019
Love VIPKID. Work as much or little as you want. You are in control of how long you teach and when you want to take vacation. The only downside is the 6 cancellations you are allowed to take, in case you need to cancel a class or forget to wake up for a class. Other cons are no benefits. Overall, I am very pleased with VIPKID.
Pros
Work as much as you want
Cons
No benefits
fun workplace
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJanuary 16, 2019
fun place to work but has crazy hours that may not be typical for most people. Must enable your own bookings; has a little impact on the potential money per month. The company has an excellent available resources and staff to answer or solve any issues that may arise.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
hours are not typical but workable
Pleasant Experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2019
VIP kid allowed me to work on my own schedule and support myself through working remotely. I suggest it for any person looking for part-time work or an extra income.
It's a great company to work for if you're looking for additional income.
Freelance Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 2, 2019
I like the educational resources they provide for their teachers to help them learn and grow. I love that I can make my own schedule and work from almost anywhere.
VIPKID - Great Company to Work For!
Online Teacher/Consultant (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 1, 2019
I have signed my third contract with VIPKID. I usually start teaching at 4:00 a.m (Monday - Friday) and on the weekend, I start an hour or so later. The company provides great resources for employees to become successful. Teaching students online in China via web cam is GREAT! I enjoy learning the cultural differences, but more importantly, I enjoy seeing students interact with TPR. The parental support is phenomenal.
Pros
great pay, you set your teaching schedule, and great incentives are given to teachers weekly.
Cons
Some teachers may have a slow start with getting students to teach.
Flexibility is key
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Americus, GADecember 27, 2018
Though I got off to a slow start with building my student base, I am enjoying my time as a VIPKID teacher. I love the students, the curriculum, and the pay. VIPKID was the perfect opportunity for me when I became a mom and I suddenly had to find a new job.
Pros
the pay, the ability to be a substitute teacher, co-workers are very helpful
Cons
Slow start to get students for many teachers
Unfair treatment to teachers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 26, 2018
I had worked with VIPKID almost 4 months, had not missed one day, earned all 5 apple ratings and had a full schedule of regular students. Then one morning I had no internet connection. Contacted the provider and was told there was an outage. Didn't get service until after classes were over. Sent in documentation, was told I would get deducted $10.00 per missed class. The next Monday we had a snow storm and lost power for two days. No way could I get internet connection, I couldn't get hot water or heat.! I had documentation of this from power company. Was told I would be deducted $10.00 per class. I never was able to correspond to the same person twice. Terrible support! Unfair! Do not work for this company if you appreciate fair treatment.
Pros
work from home
Cons
unfair treatment, no pay for feedback, can't talk to same person and no one knows about your situation
Great online experience
Second Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PADecember 11, 2018
great work environment to work from home, Great pay and all teaching curriculum already supplied for ease of teaching. Can be taught from anywhere with internet service.
NO Job Security at all
Teacher (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaDecember 7, 2018
You can be booked solid then one bad review out a hundred and you will suddenly have NOTHING. Or you can be getting too many bookings and then you close down some of your slots and you will have NOTHING. Try contacting "fresh desk" and all you will get will be automated emails. You simply never know what you're going to get, and it doesn't much matter how hard you try etc etc.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
No job security at all
VIPkid teacher
Teacher (Current Employee) –  RemoteDecember 6, 2018
This is a great place to teach. All the planning has been done for you. Everything is ready to go. The students and the managers are polite and encouraging. The only downfall is that sometimes you do not get the hours of students that you would need to make a living.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
inconsistent pay
Great Home Job
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCDecember 5, 2018
Greatest job at home. The only down fall is they are 1099 employer. No benefits. No paid time off.

You make your own hours. Work when you want to work. Take off if you want.
Interesting work atmosphere
Online ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Online ESL ProgramDecember 4, 2018
The work atmosphere is very interesting, you must work hard and always pay attention towards your lesson. Allow the student to take over most of the class, while facilitating learning. The most enjoyable part is putting a smile on the students faces.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Early Hours
Work Remotely
VipKid Teacher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2018
I made my own schedule. It was flexible. The kids were great.
The professional support through the online platform was helpful. I never had issues getting paid or getting my questions answered.
Bad hours, decent pay
Foreign Language (EFL) Instructor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 26, 2018
As a private teacher, I worked approximately 36 hours a week. Though the hours are undesirable, it does leave opportunity to pursue your education and passions.
Great work place
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  PANovember 16, 2018
VIPKID is a great company to work for. I am a stay at home mom and now have the opportunity to earn money while caring for my children in the home. I'm so glad I found this job.
flexible schedule
Instructor (Current Employee) –  GANovember 10, 2018
work your own schedule
company supports the teachers
ample on the job training
incentives for teachers that teach often'
chance for advancement within
Pros
the salary
Cons
curriculum
Love it!
One-to-One English Tutor (Current Employee) –  Duncanville, TXNovember 10, 2018
Great flexible, part time position. The curriculum is great and the company is serious about using teacher feedback. Join a facebook group for great community and teaching ideas!
Pros
Flexible, great students, great management
Fun workplace, but not enough hours
ESL Teacher Online - At Home (Former Employee) –  InternetNovember 3, 2018
Unfortunately because of the time zone difference in China and US, I could not do enough hours to live off of. I did enjoy teaching the kids and being able to be as creative as I wanted to be. It was hard to keep some kids engaged in the lesson, if they were too young.
Great pay, tough hours
Educator (Current Employee) –  OnlineNovember 1, 2018
The pay is fantastic with plenty of opportunities to earn bonuses. Unfortunately, you work during Beijing time and it is contracting (you have to get booked, nothing guaranteed). In Missouri/Oklahoma I worked 4am-8am (they do not participate in Daylight Savings so this fall it would be 3am-7am). Another pro is during the weekend there are a lot more "hot" times to teach than during the week.
Very good job for the right fit
Second Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 30, 2018
Great way to make money for someone with a background somewhat related to teaching who is in need of a very flexible job. Great 2nd job or for a student.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIPKID. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

4.3Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight